Jump to content


Questions on the new Prohibited mod post.


  • Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #1 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 15:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,299
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

 

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/fair_play_policy/

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/forbidden-mods/

 

So, this was just posted on the EU, and the NA site. They are identical. I've read it, and have a few questions. I believe everyone will want to know the answer to these questions, and that is why I am posting this here, instead of making a ticket.

 

First off, how are you going to be able to tell if a player is cheating? Will it be based on reports? (All of us know this dosn't work) Or will there be software doing this?

If it is a software, how will it tell the difference between a "Good" mod, and a "Bad" mod? Anyone can rename a mod, and make the system think it is a "good" mod. Hell you can even write the mod to ACT like a "Good" mod, but still be a "Bad" mod.

 

So, here are my questions:

 

Block Quote

 Auto-aim or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on maneuvering their tank

 Can you tell us, if Auto aim + will be included in this?

 

Block Quote

 Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules

 Why even bother with saying this? We all know the important stuff is calculated server side. Is this about to change?

 

Block Quote

 Software that leaves “ghosts” of enemy vehicles on the battlefield, placed where they were last detected

 How/ why is this even a prohibited mod? As far as I can tell, it gives no more info, than the last spotted location of enemy tanks. Albeit in the real "world".

 

Finally, with this vague mod description list, there are alot of mods in the grey area, and they need to be included. (Auto aim + being one of them).

 

Anyways, what do you think? Will the be the end of cheating (Mostly)? Or will it start something more sinister?

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Nov 08 2016 - 15:58.


Blaze_terror #2 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 15:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14406 battles
  • 1,250
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013
Read the NA post   it clearly states that it is  illegal

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 15:55

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,299
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostBlaze_terror, on Nov 08 2016 - 10:53, said:

Read the NA post   it clearly states that it is  illegal
No, there is no clear statements in there about any of the mods. And what mod do you mean?

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Nov 08 2016 - 15:59.


Blaze_terror #4 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:07

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14406 battles
  • 1,250
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013
Yes you must not have read the full post like with auto aim any auto aim or aim bot has more  functionality over the vanilla auto aim is  illegal.

The_Illusive_Man #5 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:08

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,299
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostBlaze_terror, on Nov 08 2016 - 11:07, said:

Yes you must not have read the full post like with auto aim any auto aim or aim bot has more  functionality over the vanilla auto aim is  illegal.

 

That is not clear. As Auto Aim + dosnt give anymore functionality. It just allows for auto aiming behind objects, and not needing to have your cursor right on the tank.

Blaze_terror #6 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:11

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14406 battles
  • 1,250
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Nov 08 2016 - 09:08, said:

 

That is not clear. As Auto Aim + dosnt give anymore functionality. It just allows for auto aiming behind objects, and not needing to have your cursor right on the tank.

 

dude really ?     In your mind do you think that's not more  functionality

Guest_Heldar_* #7 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:17

  • Guest

View PostBlaze_terror, on Nov 08 2016 - 09:11, said:

 

dude really ?     In your mind do you think that's not more  functionality

 

Not within the definition they gave, no.

 

Hence the confusion still.



Silvers_ #8 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 49054 battles
  • 5,467
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

exactly autoaim+ just makes it easier to snap onto a target. still aims at the same location as the vanilla client.

 

 Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules......This is things like foilage removers etc i'd assume as everything else in that is calculated server side.



CavScout19D #9 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 24434 battles
  • 4,773
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostBlaze_terror, on Nov 08 2016 - 10:11, said:

 

dude really ?     In your mind do you think that's not more  functionality

 

It doesn't add functionality to the "lock on" ability. It aims at the same place as vanilla. 

The_Illusive_Man #10 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:21

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,299
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostSilvers_, on Nov 08 2016 - 11:17, said:

exactly autoaim+ just makes it easier to snap onto a target. still aims at the same location as the vanilla client.

 

 Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules......This is things like foilage removers etc i'd assume as everything else in that is calculated server side.

 

I had no idea on how to explain this to that player, thank you for explaining it :) And thanks for somewhat clearing up what they meant by "Physical properties". But the questions still stand.

 

View PostHeldar, on Nov 08 2016 - 11:17, said:

 

Not within the definition they gave, no.

 

Hence the confusion still.

 

This.



Blaze_terror #11 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14406 battles
  • 1,250
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013

View PostSilvers_, on Nov 08 2016 - 09:17, said:

exactly autoaim+ just makes it easier to snap onto a target. still aims at the same location as the vanilla client.

 

 Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules......This is things like foilage removers etc i'd assume as everything else in that is calculated server side.

 

 exactly what you just said makes it easier. Hint it's an  advantage over the   vanilla Target lock  so what's the  confusion

CavScout19D #12 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 24434 battles
  • 4,773
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostBlaze_terror, on Nov 08 2016 - 10:21, said:

 

 exactly what you just said makes it easier. Hint it's an  advantage over the   vanilla Target lock  so what's the  confusion

 

Because you're ignoring the actual meaning of "aim lock", specifically changes that aim at the enemy's weak spots or automatically lead the aim so the offending player can focus on maneuvering their tank. Autoaim+ doesn't change the functionality of the in-game auto lock functions. It changes how you can activate it but it doesn't change the performance or ability of it. 

Tolos #13 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,405
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View PostBlaze_terror, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:53, said:

Read the NA post   it clearly states that it is  illegal

 

It doesnt CLEARLY state anything at all. Thats the problem.

TheLordZeus #14 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:31

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30173 battles
  • 985
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

I love auto aim + but dude its illegal now. Yes that means you good clans who mastered the tactic of going over a hill and hit quickly and hide again is over for you :)

 

And you keep arguing about it. Here is the test. Next match....use the vanilla auto aim. Try to lock on an enemy tank than its behind a hill/structure. Can it lock? No as long as you don't have a clear view of it right?

 

Ok now use auto aim +. Try to lock on an enemy tank that's behind something where you don't have a clear view of it. Can it lock? Well....yes you can!

 

Sorry...but that adds functionality that the vanilla auto aim doesn't have.

 

Illegal now :)

 



Mudman24 #15 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 36574 battles
  • 12,162
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View PostCavScout19D, on Nov 08 2016 - 09:25, said:

 Autoaim+ doesn't change the functionality of the in-game auto lock functions. It changes how you can activate it but it doesn't change the performance or ability of it. 

Locking onto the nearest target and through obstacles is not adding functionality? Ok. 



CavScout19D #16 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 24434 battles
  • 4,773
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostMudman24, on Nov 08 2016 - 10:32, said:

Locking onto the nearest target and through obstacles is not adding functionality? Ok. 

 

It doesn't add functionality or change the vanilla game autolock in anyway as to aim at the enemy's weak spots or automatically lead the aim so the offending player can focus on maneuvering their tank. 

MarshmellowTitanic #17 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6909 battles
  • 1,268
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

 

No way to track banned mods at all  .. duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

 

Unless some brain dead posts a replay using a banned Mod , like that one guy did last year was it who got banned then re-instated :trollface:



ThePigSheFlies #18 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 74376 battles
  • 17,605
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostTheLordZeus, on Nov 08 2016 - 10:31, said:

I love auto aim + but dude its illegal now. Yes that means you good clans who mastered the tactic of going over a hill and hit quickly and hide again is over for you :)

 

 

 

except if your target is visible in the open ridge fighting you can still zoom out and lock on with vanilla.  or *gasp* actually aim...  one can watch this on streams pretty much an day of the week as tons of "good clan people" stream the game playing purely vanilla and do just that...

 

 



TheLordZeus #19 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30173 battles
  • 985
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 08 2016 - 07:37, said:

 

except if your target is visible in the open ridge fighting you can still zoom out and lock on with vanilla.  or *gasp* actually aim...  one can watch this on streams pretty much an day of the week as tons of "good clan people" stream the game playing purely vanilla and do just that...

 

 

 

Very true. But I like how you ignored my part that I stated about locking on an enemy who you do not have a clear view :) And yes yes yes some people are great at shooting. But I'm talking about ridge fighting where you can see those incredible shots and aiming. Trust me I know....I did state that I love auto aim +. So we all know the advantages it gives.

 

Illegal now ;)



Silvers_ #20 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 16:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 49054 battles
  • 5,467
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostTheLordZeus, on Nov 08 2016 - 09:41, said:

 

Very true. But I like how you ignored my part that I stated about locking on an enemy who you do not have a clear view :) And yes yes yes some people are great at shooting. But I'm talking about ridge fighting where you can see those incredible shots and aiming. Trust me I know....I did state that I love auto aim +. So we all know the advantages it gives.

 

Illegal now ;)

 

Hopefully they will be getting into the office shortly and will clarify this. Until then it's a grey area




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users