• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

310thCopperhead #161 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28708 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:19, said:

Gray means wiggle room for the exceptions of the few favored one's...(or business as usual, given past experiences here, hint recent polices)

​^^This^^

310thCopperhead #162 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28708 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View PostGrasschopper, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:27, said:

No...I'm pretty sure he falls into the camp that wears tinfoil hats and believes that the top players and clans all cheat and that's how they get the stats that they do.

​That's exactly what I KNOW.

Sinkface #163 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:13

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 14054 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
It is entertaining to see all the players with absolutely abysmal stats prancing around these threads like finally their superior talents are going to shine through now that all the cheaters will be losing losing their crutches or banned.

W4RMONGER #164 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9019 battles

I still don't understand what difference in makes if people cheat....its not like there is a cheat that makes your is-3 gun 1 shot everything.. (although that would be hilarious)

Also, I think it would behoove WG to add a game mode that takes into account WN8 or PR for MM purposes as its not really fair to put new players against experienced players. Perhaps a mode where its limited to player under a certain WN8. And on the flip side of that coin its really sucks to do 4k dam in a game, kill 5 tanks and still loose big because your one of only 2-3 good players on the team so the current system is not fair to either side. Warships has the scenario mode, which is great for the new players, why does WOT not have something along those lines?

Edited by W4RMONGER, Nov 09 2016 - 22:25.

310thCopperhead #165 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28708 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View PostZoM_2014, on Nov 08 2016 - 22:01, said:

LOL WG worries about cheaters/hackers all the while the noob team count rises everyday. Plz get ur s**t together WG.

don't play pubs, problem solved.

Hans_von_Twitchy #166 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38825 battles
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-

Over the last two years, WG has been deliberately and steadily shrinking their Support department. More and more types of support tickets have been "automated", so when you submit a ticket about someone for some offense, more often than not you just get a reply telling you to use the in-game complaint system.  (Note that "automated" mainly means "ignored" -- the in-game complaint system is an empty PR exercise.)

WG have repeatedly put out PR releases saying that botting is illegal, yet I know of several botting accounts that have been reported to WG repeatedly and are still playing 24 hours per day, every day, month after month. PR statements are very cheap to put out. WG's PR statements mean nothing because WG doesn't follow up on them.

WG's yet-again making another PR statement about mods means as much as it meant last time they made such a statement, and the time before that. WG will never make a definitive list of "These mods are illegal" because that takes work and would cost them a few dollars. Nor will they ever do a good job about punishing mod cheaters, because that would cost a few more dollars.

The "Tree Down Mod" is inarguably illegal and everyone knows it, and MANY people have been running it for years now. It would take about 15 minutes for a WG programmer to modify the client so it reported which players were using that mod. WG could have (and should have) punished those players severely. WG could have done that at any time because so many warnings about cheating have already been given. Wiping the accounts of the Tree-Down cheaters would have sent a very powerful message to the entire NA Tanking population, and would have scared the vast majority of cheaters into uninstalling ALL of their cheating mods, But WG have never done anything like that, because it would cost them a few dollars. All WG does is release PR statements.

I would be extremely pleased if WG did come out with a list of illegal mods, and punished players for using them, but I think there is very little chance of that ever happening. WG is simply too greedy.

LeaveIT2Beaver #167 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 28027 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View Post310thCopperhead, on Nov 09 2016 - 16:00, said:

​Um you do realize there is this thing called GSGME (Generic mod switcher) that will allow you to simply turn off mods while in competitive play. Your python log is only for the most recent battle.

IL-2 1946 was "unhackable" then I logged on one day to be blown to pieces by wonder woman in a BF-109 that had 8 Mk 108 cannons from the other side of the map. (those maps where HUGE BTW)

I was a major community leader/admin therefor 13 years. I even had my own content in game. I'm on the liner notes. I watched mods destroy the best combat flight sim ever made. I have fought that fight. Cheaters will always cheat.

Where there is a will there is a way. And I'm sure some of these "pro" players are gaming the system. I've seen videos of these cheats, and of kcap raw.

And from what I've seen on video the commentary says WP is untraceable so long as you maintain a premium account. This is done, as said in video, by passing your signal through their (WP) servers BEFORE

it reaches the servers at WG. Also as I understand it, WoT is a server side game, and most things cannot be modified (actual damage models, armor statistics, shell flight models ect) with out having actual access to the war gaming servers.

But I'm not a programmer or moder and this is the extent of my knowledge on the subject. ​IF SOMEONE WANTS TO  CHEAT BAD ENOUGH THEY WILL FIND A WAY. THE INCENTIVE FOR THEM TO CHEAT IS TOO GREAT.

​WG is partly to blame for this by incentivizing the cheaters/pro player/ top clans by subsidizing their play with free goodies. Never mind the guys like me who actually PAY for stuff and support the game financially. We get cr@p nothing.

Consumables. lol please. OPEN clan wars to tier 3-5. Let everyone have the same opportunity as the "pro" players. Bring back the Bronze League and open up a Random League where you force players to team up. Now that is skill.

Play the team your dealt, let the chips fall as they may and win by skill, not by mods or the cheater on your team you don't know is using mods. I'm sure there are mods out there that the WG Devs don't know about yet but is being passed around the top clans and "pro" players like Halloween candy.

lul "pro" video gamer.  Wonder how that conversation goes...First date:

Female: Hi my name's Lisa...I'm in sales and marketing. what do you do?

Male: "I'm a professional video game player. I live at home still, and make my money playing World of Tanks."

Female:....looks hastily at her phone...."gee I'm so sorry, but something just came up. I'm going to have to end this date right here. It was really nice to meet you." (Sound of heels clicking as she quickly trots away)

yep !!!

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Nov 09 2016 - 22:43.

How_Bout_Dah #168 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42254 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Nov 09 2016 - 14:29, said:

The "Tree Down Mod" is inarguably illegal and everyone knows it, and MANY people have been running it for years now. It would take about 15 minutes for a WG programmer to modify the client so it reported which players were using that mod. WG could have (and should have) punished those players severely. WG could have done that at any time because so many warnings about cheating have already been given. Wiping the accounts of the Tree-Down cheaters would have sent a very powerful message to the entire NA Tanking population, and would have scared the vast majority of cheaters into uninstalling ALL of their cheating mods, But WG have never done anything like that, because it would cost them a few dollars. All WG does is release PR statements.

so  what makes ya think  that 15 mins of coding would detect it?  not all of them are the same, different file sizes, and the biggest one it doesnt have to be in res_mods or in the WOT main folder to be in game, WOT doesnt have a way to detect exe Hook mods these mods can be loaded by a GUI and the hook the WOT exe. All files are hosted on a dedi server and never have to be downloaded to a client, that way no one has any info or files on the mod.

I was a League Manager for 5 years for a few top First Person Shooters and this is how they did it there and currently for all FPS games. Thats what will happen to WOT as well

there is just to many bad players in WG that hate the fact there are others out there that is better at video games than them and have to yell cheater cause it just cant be true. it happens in every battle when chat was on "that so and so is cheating omg no way you could shoot my tracks from that distance omg you CB arty your a hacker, you hit my ammo rack twice you must be cheating" most just dont learn the game, is3 has a weak spot for a ammo rack other tanks have weakspots as well some are bugs in the tank model and get fixed sometimes. i dont think there is really that many cheaters in this game its to easy nothing like battlefield 1 and seeing a guy go 97-3 in a 25 minute round.

Ironclad73 #169 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 17315 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostGunadie, on Nov 09 2016 - 11:57, said:

​Go ahead and beat this one over your head until it hurts.

I'm done!

You cant see the light no matter how bright it shines !

(if it doesn't add more functionality than the Vanilla client one, why do you even want it?)

It amazes me that some can't have a discussion without getting their underwear all bunched up. With your stress level maybe you should be done with this.

I pointed out the statement,  as it was stated was very ambiguous and what my best interpretation of it was.  So yours is different, relax now and wait and see if we ever get a clarification from WG.

Why do I want it? I started using it after an hand/wrist injury that really slows my ability for mouse movement and helps me to swing my turret while I'm on the move. Once I get the turret headed or on the target I disengage it because unless it is camping or a Tog, autoaim is not very accurate for weak spots and if the tank is moving it is pretty much useless.

Edited by Ironclad73, Nov 09 2016 - 22:59.

GhostPrime #170 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 22:55

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Nov 09 2016 - 14:29, said:

I would be extremely pleased if WG did come out with a list of illegal mods, and punished players for using them, but I think there is very little chance of that ever happening. WG is simply too greedy.

The current explanation is in the news article and the list that is currently on the forums. We are still collecting concerns and feedback, and I will get clarification for you all. I unfortunately don't have a better timeline than "soon", and all I can ask is for your understanding in the meantime. Thank you for your patience.

President_John_H_Eden #171 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 23:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2734 battles
  • [EDEN] EDEN
So @GhostPrime what should we do in the meantime run vanilla to not run the risk of getting banned because we are using the zoom out mod?

Deputy276 #172 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 16563 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostHELIONIST, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:16, said:

WG can read the content on your res folder(just add 3 lines of data on the game code somewhere, to send back what you have in your res folder) , check detailed player logs since every button you push will send to the server so all WG needs to check is if manual button input matches with what your tank is doing, auto aim would clearly show more gun movement as mouse movement etc.

So yeah its 100% true since we are speaking about a company who keeps track of how many trees you ran over.

Now what l dont understand is why now when they could have done this years ago , but hey nice PR move.

Key word here is "can". They "can" do a whole lot of things, since it is their game. Reality is very different. It requires man hours to investigate just ONE individual. And WG is running on a skeleton staff as it is to make maximum profits. So they are NOT going to hire a crapload of employees to watch every single account 24/7. It wouldn't be cost effective. WG depends on stool pigeons...your fellow players...to clue them in to a possible cheater. THEN they MIGHT make the effort to check them out. However, you can bet they will also check how much cash, as in REAL MONEY, that player has spent on the game. WG doesn't do anything that will disrupt their cash flow. If that player has a garage packed full of Prem tanks and a Prem account, they are not gonna be in a big rush to boot him from the game.

Hans_von_Twitchy #173 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 23:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38825 battles
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 09 2016 - 22:55, said:

The current explanation is in the news article and the list that is currently on the forums. We are still collecting concerns and feedback, and I will get clarification for you all. I unfortunately don't have a better timeline than "soon", and all I can ask is for your understanding in the meantime. Thank you for your patience.

"The current explanation" is a PR statement, no different in substance than any of the previous PR statements about mod cheating.

"[T]he list that is currently on the forums." Seriously, where? I would love to see whether Autoaim Indication+ is on that list. It's my favorite mod, so much so that when a new release breaks it, I don't resume playing until that mod is functioning again. (I'm an oldish guy with poorish eyesight. I play WoT because it's a mental challenge, rather than a physical one that depends on fast, accurate reflexes.) More than half the posts in this already-long thread are about AI+, so very many other people want to know whether that mod is illegal or not.

"Thank you for your patience." I have been playing this game for nearly three years. As you can tell from my previous post, I have no patience left now; WG's repeatedly making statements and then failing to follow up on them has long since turned my patience into cynicism.

Edited by Hans_von_Twitchy, Nov 09 2016 - 23:50.

4GOD #174 Posted Nov 10 2016 - 00:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33791 battles

Ghostprime, if you ban autoaim+ I'm out the game. Your current auto aim system is laughably bad because you have to point at the tank you want to hit meaning if he's behind a building, you have to get shot first before you can aim him even though you know he's there. Really, this is a major deal breaker for me.

The solution for the mods problem is real simple. Make the client only run mods that you have approved,   Mods that should be banned include warpack, weakspot auto aiming, tree down mod, In addition, you need to encrypt your client traffic to prevent bots. I am absolutely fed up having players run bots to tier X then they suck when they try to play the tier X tank.

Another idea: give players who TK zero XP and damage. For players who want high stats, being TKed destroys your WN8. Admittedly, I'm no unicum but OI had morons shooting at me because they think I should play who they like instead of how I like.

If you guys keep on with the idiotic decisions your company going to go under. You have done everything you can to drive customers away. Smarten up or you will go bust. You don't listen to players, who have to told you what they want. You make up your mind first then after players scream you might retreat a little. I can spend thousands on another game instead of this one.

Edited by 4GOD, Nov 10 2016 - 05:32.

DirtyOLBastard #175 Posted Nov 10 2016 - 01:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 1283 battles
  • [SG2] SG2
Can i please get a clarfication on the ghosting mod, does this include the last spotted location of a tank on the mini map. The only other things i run is xvm and jimbos crosshair with my health and my reload timer.
Cheers

Fodder_2016 #176 Posted Nov 10 2016 - 01:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10325 battles

View Post4GOD, on Nov 10 2016 - 00:32, said:

you have to point at the tank you want to hit meaning if he's behind a building, you have to get shot first before you can aim him

Isn't that otherwise known as x-ray vision?  You want your tank crews to have x-ray vision like fictional cartoon characters have?

_J_D_ #177 Posted Nov 10 2016 - 01:36

Captain

• Players
  • 71140 battles

I dont know what kind of excuses you guys are making but there are no need for mods in this game. 

but but i have my waifu pics is on as my commander. [edited]pls keep it to yourself.

If i were you WG, make it easy on yourself and ban mods completely. What more than you need other than the ones given in game. I have never used any mods other than auto aim+ because at time it was legal but people dont know the advantage it has when you are on a mobile tank.

Hans_von_Twitchy #178 Posted Nov 10 2016 - 01:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38825 battles
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-

View Post_J_D_, on Nov 10 2016 - 01:36, said:

I dont know what kind of excuses you guys are making but there are no need for mods in this game.

1) You're wrong. I have poor eyesight so have difficulty seeing where the reticle is, especially if I'm in among a grove of trees/bushes. If I had to play vanilla, I would get killed much more often and would be frustrated. It'd tip my emotions against this game, possibly enough to give it up. I'm sure there are lots of players who have other forms of handicaps that require various mods.

2) No one has a "need" to play this game, so using that as a reason not to have mods is disingenuous. We play this game for enjoyment, many mods make this game more enjoyable, WG's rate of software development is very slow and very buggy (and sometimes their designs are weird, e.g. only 2 carousel rows), so mods have an important role in this game. If WG disabled all mods, many players would abandon this game because it would instantly be much less enjoyable for them.

Edited by Hans_von_Twitchy, Nov 10 2016 - 01:49.

Apache1990 #179 Posted Nov 10 2016 - 02:21

Major

• Players
  • 31775 battles
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE

View PostDirtyOLBastard, on Nov 09 2016 - 19:29, said:

Can i please get a clarfication on the ghosting mod, does this include the last spotted location of a tank on the mini map. The only other things i run is xvm and jimbos crosshair with my health and my reload timer.
Cheers

No, because last known position on the minimap is built into the game, :­P.

ElOtroViejo #180 Posted Nov 10 2016 - 03:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19371 battles
  • [_-A-_] _-A-_
WG, we need a mod white list, at leas for the most used ones, as people is saying all over the place, I don't understand why are you so elusive to that, as there is XVM and battle assistant, just plain say these ones are legal, all the others could be or not, much simpler for regular user that don't want to cheat but likes some mods. We all know that some are obvious ilegal or legal, but there are some on the gray zone

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users