Fair Play Policy

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

310thCopperhead #21 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28676 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W
I'm assuming this will apply to WG's Pet clans and "pro" players as well or are they being excluded from this policy to continue to prop up WGA's pipe dream known as E Sports.

MastuhWaffles #22 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:08

Captain

• Players
  • 15104 battles

Uh oh big bad Wargaming cracking down on all the baddies!

Seriously now all of a sudden you are going to start this? How are you going to find out what mods people have installed? Why do we still not have a list of legal and illegal mods from you guys?

You can't just going around doing this to people without proper clarification on mods, not a half assed post.

TheLordZeus #23 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28657 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

So we still here......great.

Well.....the question we are all asking and fighting between ourselves....................

Auto Aim +.........is it legal or illegal?

riff_ #24 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:10

Major

• Players
  • 25163 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:40, said:

Hello Tankers! 

I will be collecting feedback and concerns here and all of our other social channels today.

Then, compiling a list, and sending them out to see if we can get more clarifications and details for you. Please leave feedback and comments here. 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/forbidden-mods/

Hello GhostPrime,

Concern on one subject voiced as rhetorical questions to WG

Explain to me how a failed platoon is "fair play" to the other players on the team?

or

Explain why WG allows failed platoons?

Thank You

Angry and Perplexed  Riff_

FYI:  I know this is off subject but I believe to falls under the "Fail Play" umbrella.

Edited by riff_, Nov 08 2016 - 21:18.

310thCopperhead #25 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28676 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Nov 08 2016 - 13:53, said:

the fact you guys will not tell a penalized player what banned mod they were using is sketchy...

you can't just assume everyone will know what mods are banned, and what aren't, even using your little disclosure as to what is and isn't...

What about new players? that come into the game say 6 months down the line, look for mods, find mods they like, and don't know one of them is banned?

That player would have a hard time knowing exactly which mod got them banned, and even if they remove mods they think caused it, if they removed

the wrong ones, and get banned again, that's it for them... 

Maybe not disclose the mod exactly, but at least inform the accused of what they were accused of...

instead of: "User 1234, you have been banned due to using the "ABCD Bush Remover Mod"

say: "User 1234, You have been accused of using a mod which alters on map objects"

that way they at least have an idea of which mod caused them trouble...

I mean, even in the real world the Police tell the accused what they were accused of...

^^^THIS^^^

Insurrectional_Leftist #26 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:11

Major

• Players
  • 44381 battles

View Post310thCopperhead, on Nov 08 2016 - 20:07, said:

I'm assuming this will apply to WG's Pet clans and "pro" players as well or are they being excluded from this policy to continue to prop up WGA's pipe dream known as E Sports.

You're getting too smart now, and you're catching on.  Apparently, you're getting a bad attitude like some of the rest of us.

Edited by Insurrectional_Leftist, Nov 08 2016 - 21:13.

_Marine #27 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 27510 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Are the illegal mods going to be universal across all servers? (Dear God I hope 'YES;)

_Marine #28 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 27510 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Post310thCopperhead, on Nov 08 2016 - 15:07, said:

Uh... you do realize that the vast majority of the 'pro' players go 100% vanilla, since mods are beyond strictly prohibited from use? Most WGNA sponsored clan tournaments also prohibit mods, and all players are required to send in replays and their game log at the end of each series?

Insurrectional_Leftist #29 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 44381 battles

View Post_Marine, on Nov 08 2016 - 20:12, said:

Are the illegal mods going to be universal across all servers? (Dear God I hope 'YES;)

Maybe, the best question would be, "Will the policy be enforced universally equally on all servers?"  Equally upon all players equally? :hiding:

Edited by Insurrectional_Leftist, Nov 08 2016 - 21:16.

HELIONIST #30 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12141 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

WG can read the content on your res folder(just add 3 lines of data on the game code somewhere, to send back what you have in your res folder) , check detailed player logs since every button you push will send to the server so all WG needs to check is if manual button input matches with what your tank is doing, auto aim would clearly show more gun movement as mouse movement etc.

So yeah its 100% true since we are speaking about a company who keeps track of how many trees you ran over.

Now what l dont understand is why now when they could have done this years ago , but hey nice PR move.

ObrumPL #31 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13094 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 08 2016 - 13:40, said:

Hello Tankers! 

I will be collecting feedback and concerns here and all of our other social channels today.

Then, compiling a list, and sending them out to see if we can get more clarifications and details for you. Please leave feedback and comments here. 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/forbidden-mods/

Move in the right direction for sure... too many gray areas means please get them to go back to the drawing table.

Gunadie #32 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 36946 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

REALLY WAR GAMING!!

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN THINKING?

In-Battle Armor Viewers​ are a cheat and should NOT be allowed

TOO many mods are not good for this game

What ever happened to LEARNING how to play the game and finding out where the weak spots are out of game where they should be!

This has to be one of the most retarded concepts that you have considered.

Please for the sake of the game, abandon this foolish notion of implementing any and all In-Battle Armor Viewers and

put them ALL on the BANNED Mods list!!

Insurrectional_Leftist #33 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 44381 battles

View PostObrumPL, on Nov 08 2016 - 20:16, said:

Move in the right direction for sure... too many gray areas means please get them to go back to the drawing table.

Gray means wiggle room for the exceptions of the few favored one's...(or business as usual, given past experiences here, hint recent polices)

riff_ #34 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:21

Major

• Players
  • 25163 battles

View PostGunadie, on Nov 08 2016 - 15:18, said:

REALLY WAR GAMING!!

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN THINKING?

In-Battle Armor Viewers​ are a cheat and should NOT be allowed

TOO many mods are not good for this game

What ever happened to LEARNING how to play the game and finding out where the weak spots are out of game where they should be!

This has to be one of the most retarded concepts that you have considered.

Please for the sake of the game, abandon this foolish notion of implementing any and all In-Battle Armor Viewers and

put them ALL on the BANNED Mods list!!

​You are correct it should be banned:great: and I thought it was :facepalm:.

xCaige #35 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29414 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-

Clarification on Auto-Aim+ Extended  would be appreciated

Auto-aim, or “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically those that aim at the enemy's weak spots or automatically lead the aim so the offending player can focus on maneuvering their tank.

Where aimbot takes advantages of the specific functionality of targeting weak spots and leading the target, Auto-aim+ Specific functionality is auto targeting without having to highlight the vehicle and targeting behind objects even those that the client cannot see around or over even maxed zoomed..  Both of these provides more then the aim lock of the vanilla client...

AppleDaD6 #36 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37269 battles
  • [CS7-E] CS7-E

View PostCBARoughneck, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:56, said:

only thing i see is any one found guilty should see proof, cant convict without showing proof that is bad in my eyes.

I think it was Call Of Duty with PunkBuster that banned over 20k players with a false positive hit. Even TeamSpeak overlay shows up in certain games as a cheat.  Everyone got unlocked in time but without proof i think you will have issues not providing it to the player if they request it. You dont have to show how you detected them but you should show the user the proof then they cant dispute it or bash WG.

what you need is a screenshot system that any player can type into chat and get a screenshot from the player or players they think are using illegal mods.

the said screenshot then would be saved on the requesting players pc in a folder like replays/screenshots thats datestamped and md5 hashed so it cant be edited and he could send it in if he finds something in it.

simple and proven to work 

This feature was in Americas Army and worked awesome for server admins and players

#getss cbaroughneck  is the old command in AA

^ This. 

Silvers_ #37 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:26

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Post_Marine, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:15, said:

Uh... you do realize that the vast majority of the 'pro' players go 100% vanilla, since mods are beyond strictly prohibited from use? Most WGNA sponsored clan tournaments also prohibit mods, and all players are required to send in replays and their game log at the end of each series?

Come on Marine you know as well as I that those types dont' believe that even with the proof in their faces.

Grasschopper #38 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 34503 battles

View Post_Marine, on Nov 08 2016 - 15:15, said:

No...I'm pretty sure he falls into the camp that wears tinfoil hats and believes that the top players and clans all cheat and that's how they get the stats that they do.

Edited by Grasschopper, Nov 08 2016 - 21:28.

Bad_Oedipus #39 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 30695 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

What other asked about AutoAim+ etc.

I would be nice to have ability to audit your mods for legality.  

There are few common installers, that combine many different mods, it would be great if they could be certified as legit  mod installers, so we would not have to bug you with questions and avoid cheating flag.

Mezrein #40 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 13302 battles
  • [SCYTH] SCYTH

View PostCBARoughneck, on Nov 08 2016 - 19:56, said:

only thing i see is any one found guilty should see proof, cant convict without showing proof that is bad in my eyes.

I think it was Call Of Duty with PunkBuster that banned over 20k players with a false positive hit. Even TeamSpeak overlay shows up in certain games as a cheat.  Everyone got unlocked in time but without proof i think you will have issues not providing it to the player if they request it. You dont have to show how you detected them but you should show the user the proof then they cant dispute it or bash WG.

what you need is a screenshot system that any player can type into chat and get a screenshot from the player or players they think are using illegal mods.

the said screenshot then would be saved on the requesting players pc in a folder like replays/screenshots thats datestamped and md5 hashed so it cant be edited and he could send it in if he finds something in it.

simple and proven to work 

This feature was in Americas Army and worked awesome for server admins and players

#getss cbaroughneck  is the old command in AA

They used punkbuster in AA as well. Kinda miss playing it. Punkbuster wasnt perfect but was damned good and did a great job of catching cheaters. AA even went so far as to setup a free-for-all server for awhile where anything went. You could hack and mod the game in anyway you wanted, cheating was encouraged and allowed on that server, but it was the only one. Worked though. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

mp31b30q9