Fair Play Policy

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

Rin_ #41 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 17499 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
I really like how we don't get to know why we are banned. I can't wait to pull off a weird snapshot and have someone send in a replay, then get banned because my res_mods folder has 50 tank skin mods in it.

MarshmellowTitanic #42 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6909 battles

I want to know How exactly you are going to track or trace all the illegal Mods you have banned !

as far as i know WG has no way at all to tell What mods , If Any, are being used at any time !!

Only way to Stop Illegal Mods is to Ban all Mods and Close/Lock/Encode the WoT Program

Edited by MarshmellowTitanic, Nov 08 2016 - 21:39.

Wasted1 #43 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3059 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Ghost Prime - it seems to me that with regards to Fair Play and the rules that were put forward, there is some confusion.  The biggest one being Auto Aim+ which enhances the vanilla auto aim (as im sure you're well aware).  I think a black and white answer of  "this is illegal" or "we plan on implementing this into vanilla and dont care if you use the 3rd party version at this time" would be greatly appreciated by the player base.

The stance against cheating is great id say and its time that its made clear to all what is and what is not allowed.  this obviously can be challenging because of the myriad of mods that currently exist and those new ones that come out frequently.  To allow 3rd party mods into the game, is to invite this...

cgralphy #44 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17873 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 08 2016 - 20:40, said:

Hello Tankers! 

I will be collecting feedback and concerns here and all of our other social channels today.

Then, compiling a list, and sending them out to see if we can get more clarifications and details for you. Please leave feedback and comments here. 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/forbidden-mods/

Can we get a list more detailed list of illegal mods because your list you gave us is confusing. Also the one that you have in the forums also needs an update. Make it clean an easy to understand and easy to access so everyone is aware.

Edited by cgralphy, Nov 08 2016 - 21:43.

Brave_Sir_Robin_ #45 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 10778 battles

Block Quote

Players who are caught using forbidden mods for the first time, instead of earning their way in fair combat, will receive a warning and a suspension of 7 days. Should they get flagged again, they will be permanently banned. Before punishing a player, our team will review the case to ensure the discipline is merited. We’re asking you to trust in their decisions. They are under no obligation to provide the player evidence or explain which mod type the player was found to be using, and will not do so even if requested.

That is pretty [edited] up.  When the review team makes a mistake, not only is there no appeal process, but there is no way to even know what offense was supposedly committed.  And if someone unknowingly uses a prohibited mod, they will just be suspended and have to figure out on their own which particular mod (if any) warranted the suspension?

Arbitrarily banning people without even describing their alleged offense might be acceptable practice in Soviet Union... I mean Russia, but in the civilized world such things are generally frowned upon.

Thambry #46 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27587 battles

WG, you know this is all hot air at the moment?

You just repeat what you said before with a too general description what illegal cheats are. Finally put out a LIST OF EXAMPLES. It doesnt have to be a full list - just name for some of the most widely used mods if they are legal or illegal.

I wish your maps were as wide and open as your greyzones in illegal mods.

LeaveIT2Beaver #47 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 27988 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

removed - sorry have to remove some posts - too inflammatory without intent

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Nov 08 2016 - 22:42.

Heldar #48 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:51

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 28132 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Yup...  Made it all as clear as mud.

_LordHelmet_ #49 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35191 battles
  • [DD214] DD214
I think the new policy is fantastic! Applause for doing the two strike system. Get the game ruining players gone!

My primary suggestion now is give players the ability to make their stats private so we can choose whether or not we want to get xvm sniped by players who choose to use that mod.

_LordHelmet_ #50 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 21:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35191 battles
  • [DD214] DD214
I'm also ok with banning all mods if you decide to go that route

LeaveIT2Beaver #51 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 27988 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:40, said:

Hello Tankers! 

I will be collecting feedback and concerns here and all of our other social channels today.

Then, compiling a list, and sending them out to see if we can get more clarifications and details for you. Please leave feedback and comments here. 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/forbidden-mods/

Here is my 2 cents worth. LEGAL mods are free. If a player uses them fine. If someone does not want to use them fine. What is FAIR is the CHOICE. The non-user has the same ability to use the same free mods.

First arty, then mods, next it will be something else.

Auto aim + locks on targets in your view range if you point at them - even behind a wall, tree, hill, but will not shoot at them

AIMBOT- leads,aims at modules - is a cheat.  

This is really a no-brainer. 

This is the part that should bother you Ghost - 

" We’re asking you to trust their decisions. They are under no obligation to provide evidence or explain which type of mod the player was found to be using, and will not do so even if requested."

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Nov 08 2016 - 22:39.

Ironmike11B #52 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:00

Captain

• Players
  • 26819 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
I'm for everything but the AA+ issue. The in-game system is broken.

Tolos #53 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post_LordHelmet_, on Nov 08 2016 - 20:57, said:

I'm also ok with banning all mods if you decide to go that route

They will never ban all mods simply because its cheaper for them to let other people make content then incorporate them into the client.

Grasschopper #54 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 34503 battles

View PostIronmike11B, on Nov 08 2016 - 16:00, said:

I'm for everything but the AA+ issue. The in-game system is broken.

Or it works exactly as the game designer intended and AA+ makes auto locking wildly easier as well as allows you to lock on targets you can't actually get your reticle on so really it violates the new policy.

spacecubicnub #55 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19707 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

1. Great post.....hopefully the community give you the much need feed back.

2. There should be a static web address which all illegal mod notification should be posted. (similar to the link in this thread).  I shouldn't have to google "wot illegal mods", as a player I should have an easily accessible WG site to visit on a regular bases.  And it shouldn't be this forum as the auto aim for example has been posted a number of times by multiply players and only creates more confusion.

3. There should be video and or photo examples of what WG already considers illegal not just words and descriptions.

4. For permanent bands consider creating a community review and judgement process which is transparent so we know who was band, why they were banded and what they exactly they were using / doing.

5. Try to avoid using the term "cheater" "cheating" as some players still believe it is possible to install a mod which makes your tank invisible in game.  Perhaps "enhancements"?  Or perhaps part of this exercise / web site should also include what WG knows is impossible to cheat / change with the game.  I.E. it is not possible to make a tank completely invisible, it not possible to always be top tier, there is no mod which blocks every shot from the enemy.  Maybe WG should let all the players know what you have successfully prevented or blocked to keep the game clean.

6. There should be an in game reporting option "suspected of using enhancements" which players can use to compile data.  Data in both directions mind you.  So if you get a single player with lots of "suspected" then you can look a little closer.  But if you also get a single player ISSUING a lot of "suspected" perhaps a bit of education might necessary.

With regards to enhancements....

7. Reload timers anywhere in games should NOT be permitted.

8. Auto aim should NOT be permitted

9. Auto lock should be permitted (not a significant advantage as often "manual aiming is more necessary then auto aiming")

10. Weak spots should be permitted in the garage as a train tool but NOT in game.

GL

moogleslam #56 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 27366 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I'm sure this has already been said, but I don't have time to read everyone's posts unfortunately......

You knew what a controversial subject Autoaim+ was, and yet your new rules on it are completely ambiguous, and even leave us wondering if ANYONE who is involved in making these rules has actually used the mod! 

gpc_4 #57 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 32414 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

New post, same vague policies. Seriously, did anything change here?

WG needs to sort through the popular mods and, by name, say whether or not they are legal or illegal.

Charlie_The_Cat #58 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11396 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

Although I salute the effort, I do not believe WG has the mean to ferret any illegal mods nor will any actions be taken.

All those mods are compiled Python script running on the client, how would they be able to differentiate illegal mod1 vs illegal mod2 when they do the same thing, but has different signatures?  It's just like a virus: until you know it is there, you can't remove it.  Same thing applies for mods.  Those script are very easily changed and can't really be tracked.

The real problem IMO is that the game client is making available via its API, information that is not supposed to be available to us.

If you ever watched a WGL live event, you'll noticed that the 'broadcaster's live view of a match' has all the information some of the illegal mods provide: reload timer, free camera, who is lit vs who is not, gun direction (on some occasions), etc. So if all this information is available via (undocumented) API, it is no surprise that clever coders are making mods that uses it.  Remove those API == problem solved.

But a more 'profound' question is required to be asked: Why are these mods even existing?  Are they there to 'compensate' for something that the game seems to 'steal' from us?  Like that stupidly high RNG on pen, or how about the 'fake' dispersion RNG?  Or all those non-sense MM with tank types imbalance (8 top tier heavies vs none in city maps), tier level imbalance (7 top tier tanks vs 3), or stacked team of pro-like players in 2-3 platoons all on the same team.  If you 'fix' those issues, you lessen the needs for some players to cheat by beating the system. And when the needs is not there anymore, cheating mods cease to exist altogether.

And seriously, if you were the CEO, would you ban a players that inject hundreds if not thousands of dollars PER YEAR into the game for the mere advantage (if any) those mods provides in pub plays?  Who will lose in the end? Surely not the banned players as they will move along to play another game and invest their money there.  It's WG that will lose, and when they are, we will all lose soon after as the game will fade slowly.

If they really want to cut down on cheating, there are 3 ways to do it:

1) Ban all mods and use only the vanilla client just like WGL does;

or

2) All mods that can be installed are available via WG own web site, signed, maintained and updated by them.

or

3) Remove the API from the client that are used by those cheating mods.

Until then, this is just powder in the face of everyone and it will just annoy the new players that will be falsely identify and banned without explanation.

Edited by Tracassin, Nov 08 2016 - 22:15.

Dader_The_Invader #59 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28089 battles
  • [-CDN-] -CDN-

View PostMudman24, on Nov 08 2016 - 19:42, said:

Is autoaim+ legal or illegal?

I actually can't freaking believe I have to ask again. 

Can we finally get an answer to this?

enuZi #60 Posted Nov 08 2016 - 22:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21856 battles
  • [CLOST] CLOST
Probably add a patch to the game that detects you have on your computer.
Using the personal computers of each person is not illegal ?.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users