Fair Play Policy

• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

Grotto_of_Death #541 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 03:50

Private

• Players
  • 21339 battles
I dont know anything about mods or anything.  All i know is the game in my opinion has gone totally downhill.  No games are ever close anymore, i mean ever - ever.  Usually around 4 kills to 15.  Whether its mods or just crappy design, getting to point i am ready to give it up.  I dont even like being on the winning team like that.  You cant convince me that it is total bad play on a teams part so it has to be other factors.  Far cry from what it used to be.

Genarelbetrayus #542 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 07:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18884 battles
I agree about the games they have for sure but quiet a bit of the time I see whole drone's of tanks going places that they shouldn't and 2 minutes later half of the team is dead from my personal experience that seems to happen a lot and i think it's because they don't fully understand how to play and there is nothing in the game to really teach players about all the aspects of the game including mechanics, map placement, etc and not everyone wants to join a clan and learn from players who have already so something needs to be done.  Also not everyone finds out there are websites that show weakspots, map placements, etc etc I didn't realize there were any for a few thousand games.   

Lexers615 #543 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 09:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostGenarelbetrayus, on Aug 16 2017 - 01:28, said:

I agree about the games they have for sure but quiet a bit of the time I see whole drone's of tanks going places that they shouldn't and 2 minutes later half of the team is dead from my personal experience that seems to happen a lot and i think it's because they don't fully understand how to play and there is nothing in the game to really teach players about all the aspects of the game including mechanics, map placement, etc and not everyone wants to join a clan and learn from players who have already so something needs to be done.  Also not everyone finds out there are websites that show weakspots, map placements, etc etc I didn't realize there were any for a few thousand games.   

I'd rather say that there are two issues behind it...

First, now, with the increased (relative) quality of bot mods, you can sometimes have a few bots on your team and not know it up until they do something very "bot-ish" (like seeking cover behind a now-destroyed object or ignoring the wrecks in front of them when driving on a straight line) that betrays it. I've even had bot platoon chatting with themselves or bots replying when somebody talked about him (that's actually basic text recognition, just like spellcheck). Now, with the various editors around, about any kid with average programming skills can write his own bot mod, and, if you browse on YouTube or Reddit, some are quite good, while some are not... (We have the same issue in WoWs...) Bots are only programmed to mimic player behavior and do what their programmer think is right (like climbing up hills and then remain idle atop it trying to snipe through buildings in Himmelsdorf. Heck I even saw a post about a bot that was programmed to troll on the Win8 of anyone mentioning it or its vehicle, and that's actually not so hard to design with very basic text recognition software...

Second, I've also seen, also on YouTube, very very bad advice being handed around, like people advocating for conducting valley push in Lakeville, or hill hugging or such... I played over 10 hours last weekend, and every single time I played one of the variant of Lakeville (20+ times), my team went for a valley push and it failled every time but once, and that time it only worked because the enemy team had 3 afks... In Malinovka, I cant help but scream my lungs out every time I see the lemming trains going A0 being shredded to pieces by enemy arties and their ninja TDs in the bushes near D7, still, every time, those high stats "pro" players troll on my Win8 and say that you must conquer the hill to conquer the map or some other nonsense they've heard on those YouTube videos. They are even so stubborn about going A0 that even if pinned down by TDs and arties, they'll keep trying to get on the exposed slope and up the hill... It's been days since I saw a team going hill in Malinovka winning, as all victories Ive seen were in the swamp or in the forest... When the lemming train goes A0, expect a defeat in less than 4 minutes. Worse, sometimes they do "conquer the hill", yet will stay and camp there while the enemy gets to our base and caps to victory... Still, going A0 seems very trendy... Same can be said about Prokhorovka's or Steppes' noob magnet locations (hill and D1) that offer opposing TDs a clear shot on advancing lemming trains... Or like the noobs that keep arguing that in encounter mode Himmelsdorf, you should ignore the cap as you can reset from the hill (which you just can't, but according to those "pro" tips, they are convinced you can...)...

I could go on and on and on about all that......

Fbomb #544 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 28706 battles
As far as bots, or pseudu-bots, it's easy enough to spot them during countdown. If they comprise two or more of your top tiers, the next 4-5 minutes of your life will likely be spent getting raped. As for 'cheats', complaints about them seem to be way out of proportion to the ones which actually exist, imo

Warlock__ #545 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 67419 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1
WOT:  You can take your fair game policy and shove it up your collective arses.  You are not doing a thing to stop it.  I was just behind a hill not spotted or so I thought and boom here comes an 8K PR player right past my hill I was behind and bang shot me without even slowing down, only way I could have been spotted was with a cheat mod/aim bot that silhouetted me back there before he ever got there and was locked on.  No sense in reporting it as they obviously don't do a fricken thing to this high rated players as I see them  a day to two later (yes I write the names down) just to prove my point and I send in another ticket with their names on it to prove my point.  Take your Fair Game Policy and shove it WOT.

Wolfgang363 #546 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 19299 battles
  • [ROLF] ROLF
I have been waiting for years for WoT to get rid of War Pack and like nine months ago when they came up with their Fair game policy I was happy as hell but here we are nine months later and it is still up and running.But that is fine with me, the real joke is on War Gaming. there was a time when I spent a lot of money on this game and know I will not give them a cent for those of you that are not familiar with War Pack check out this link and decide for your self if you want to spend your hard earned money on a game that allows this. https://cyber-tank.net/eng/warpack

_Tsavo_ #547 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 23:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44981 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostGuardian00, on Aug 19 2017 - 12:32, said:

WOT:  You can take your fair game policy and shove it up your collective arses.  You are not doing a thing to stop it.  I was just behind a hill not spotted or so I thought and boom here comes an 8K PR player right past my hill I was behind and bang shot me without even slowing down, only way I could have been spotted was with a cheat mod/aim bot that silhouetted me back there before he ever got there and was locked on.  No sense in reporting it as they obviously don't do a fricken thing to this high rated players as I see them  a day to two later (yes I write the names down) just to prove my point and I send in another ticket with their names on it to prove my point.  Take your Fair Game Policy and shove it WOT.

got a replay?

Lexers615 #548 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 09:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
I was fed up with the modders all claiming streamers all play vanilla... I just spent 30 minutes browsing on Twitch from a streamer to another and I have yet to find a single one playing vanilla and so fa I've browsed well over 20 of them... I even saw one guy an unicum according to the purple that was beside his name in his streaming, with his tank actively firing and everything while in his live webcam cast he was drinking out of some bottle and had his hands nowhere near where he just left his mouse... I even saw one that was fully zoomed on an enemy tank behind a building when out of a sudden he magically selected another tank and his turret turned while remaining zoomed on the first tank... He scored a direct hit on a fast moving high vector tank he wasn't even looking at then the aim circle started turning back towards the tank he was zoomed in who was again magically selected...

Lexers615 #549 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 09:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostWolfgang363, on Aug 19 2017 - 14:59, said:

I have been waiting for years for WoT to get rid of War Pack and like nine months ago when they came up with their Fair game policy I was happy as hell but here we are nine months later and it is still up and running.But that is fine with me, the real joke is on War Gaming. there was a time when I spent a lot of money on this game and know I will not give them a cent for those of you that are not familiar with War Pack check out this link and decide for your self if you want to spend your hard earned money on a game that allows this. https://cyber-tank.net/eng/warpack

Actually, they ban couple Warpack users each years, but that's it... They're not doing a thing against the omnipresent bots and aimbots...

Warlock__ #550 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 16:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 67419 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

View Post_Tsavo, on Aug 19 2017 - 23:52, said:

got a replay?

Yes, I sent it in on the ticket and I play a lot because I'm retired and still enjoy watching explosions, but I go in and delete the last games as it takes up space and figure why keep them around.  I use the in game video and this forum doesn't allow those videos to be put on it "says it's to big" and not being a computer savvy individual I don't know how to make it smaller or how to get it on here any other way or I would be glad to.

Apache1990 #551 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 18:20

Major

• Players
  • 35253 battles

View PostGuardian00, on Aug 21 2017 - 10:15, said:

Yes, I sent it in on the ticket and I play a lot because I'm retired and still enjoy watching explosions, but I go in and delete the last games as it takes up space and figure why keep them around.  I use the in game video and this forum doesn't allow those videos to be put on it "says it's to big" and not being a computer savvy individual I don't know how to make it smaller or how to get it on here any other way or I would be glad to.

For a full video, the best option is likely going to be uploading it to YouTube, then link it on the forum or to support (though replay is still preferred for the latter).  YouTube has an option to upload it unlisted if you like, so only people with the link see it, if you don't want it shown directly on your channel.

Lexers615 #552 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 03:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostGuardian00, on Aug 21 2017 - 10:15, said:

To send replays through tickets is pointless... WG trolls will only send you a bulk reply and trash your ticket closing it instantly. Worst, they're known for giving warning/strikes if you report players through tickets...

Lexers615 #553 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 03:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

Also, there's a lot of deliberate "misconception" spread about bots... WarPack dev team claim that "vanilla" WarPack bot achieve a 50-51% winrate, while on Reddit several people claim their bot, using other mods like aimbots, achieve up 52 to 55% depending on the time of the day... And most bots I've seen have text recognition software meaning you can actually chat with it, though you're always going to get the same handful of replies on a loop.

When we're talking about bots, we are not neither talking about the Proving Ground AI bots, not scam bots that remain idle and only spam the chat, and not what we used to see couple years ago (bots that only went on a strict pre-determined pathway firing bogus at exactly the same moment...). And with the recent keyboard emulator software they use, WG_Watchdog.exe (the app WG bundled with WoT years ago to monitor mods usage) actually sees both the mod being used but also see the keyboard being used so they are comfortable saying that the modders are not breaking the Fair Play policy...

NWFantasy #554 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 17:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 13097 battles
I hate to see cheating mods in any online game but they are rampant in pretty much all of them. Some described here should be easy to eliminate. Others should perhaps be incorporated into the game for access by all (or as simply part of the game itself). I was a WoW player for many years and even Blizzard couldn't keep the hackers out of the game. Our military and govt itself has the same problem. I do hate it but life is not fair and mod cheaters will always exist if only for their on edification. We can only quit and move on to another new someplace else and wait for the hackers to show up there. I do wish wg could resolve this somewhat but evidence has proved otherwise. Cheaters DO prosper, but many of us choose not to go that route. My bigger concerns are the imbalanced MM and the fact that wg allows so many offensive nicknames and the most toxic chat in gaming to continue to exist. Change the atmosphere first, worry about the cheaters another time. 

Lexers615 #555 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 16:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostNWFantasy, on Aug 25 2017 - 11:48, said:

I hate to see cheating mods in any online game but they are rampant in pretty much all of them. Some described here should be easy to eliminate. Others should perhaps be incorporated into the game for access by all (or as simply part of the game itself). I was a WoW player for many years and even Blizzard couldn't keep the hackers out of the game. Our military and govt itself has the same problem. I do hate it but life is not fair and mod cheaters will always exist if only for their on edification. We can only quit and move on to another new someplace else and wait for the hackers to show up there. I do wish wg could resolve this somewhat but evidence has proved otherwise. Cheaters DO prosper, but many of us choose not to go that route. My bigger concerns are the imbalanced MM and the fact that wg allows so many offensive nicknames and the most toxic chat in gaming to continue to exist. Change the atmosphere first, worry about the cheaters another time. 

Well I do believe XVM is the prime source of toxicity (as well as aimbots and other such mods that drive player on edge... Yesterday, I saw a M50/53 arty using TracerZ. Needless to say he was an unicorn... He more or less oneshotted/twoshotted all our ninja TDs, to then oneshot all our arties... People in my team kept screaming in the chat :"How was I spotted?" or "I wasn't even spotted!" (i.e.: 6th sense) yet, from his profile, that guy had a winrate of 66% after nearly 8k battles... So, even though WG claims that tracing mods are bannable offenses, I'm doubtful they enforce it, as that guy had fought 8k battles using one...

And I disagree with you when you say there's nothing to be done against mods... I used to play original original Star Craft years ago on Blizzard's server, and, at one point, there was an issue regarding similar cheating. Blizzard introduced hash scanning, and everyone who failed the summary hash scan was then exhaustively scanned and then was booted out of the server, hence losing any ongoing game.

Given the very simple directory tree of the game, a hash scan when launching a map, and at subsequent random frequency, kicking anyone who fails it for so many times in a row, would result in moders stopping, even if only to protect their so precious stats...

The modding/cheating issues continues because WG refuses to address it, not because it's impossible to deal with...

frontflip2cool #556 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 18:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12979 battles
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY

View PostLexers615, on Aug 28 2017 - 16:50, said:

Well I do believe XVM is the prime source of toxicity (as well as aimbots and other such mods that drive player on edge... Yesterday, I saw a M50/53 arty using TracerZ. Needless to say he was an unicorn... He more or less oneshotted/twoshotted all our ninja TDs, to then oneshot all our arties... People in my team kept screaming in the chat :"How was I spotted?" or "I wasn't even spotted!" (i.e.: 6th sense) yet, from his profile, that guy had a winrate of 66% after nearly 8k battles... So, even though WG claims that tracing mods are bannable offenses, I'm doubtful they enforce it, as that guy had fought 8k battles using one...

And I disagree with you when you say there's nothing to be done against mods... I used to play original original Star Craft years ago on Blizzard's server, and, at one point, there was an issue regarding similar cheating. Blizzard introduced hash scanning, and everyone who failed the summary hash scan was then exhaustively scanned and then was booted out of the server, hence losing any ongoing game.

Given the very simple directory tree of the game, a hash scan when launching a map, and at subsequent random frequency, kicking anyone who fails it for so many times in a row, would result in moders stopping, even if only to protect their so precious stats...

The modding/cheating issues continues because WG refuses to address it, not because it's impossible to deal with...

The other reason people cheat is because they think that just because they can get away with it in CoD and games like that they can do it in WoT to ruin peoples game. and believe me when i say that i feel your pain with the arty players using illegal mods like that. and XVM is the source of how teams play like unicorns going and yolo kill themselves because the rest of the team is tomatos or tomatos looking at the enemy team seeing mostly unicorns so they just do stupid stuff to ruin games.

Lexers615 #557 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 03:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15712 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View Postfrontflip2cool, on Aug 28 2017 - 12:02, said:

The other reason people cheat is because they think that just because they can get away with it in CoD and games like that they can do it in WoT to ruin peoples game.

Awesomely said! And that's the basics of criminology... (if you do a crime in a certain way and it works, once, twice, thrice, four times etc... then why would you get caught after the 150th time?)

View Postfrontflip2cool, on Aug 28 2017 - 12:02, said:

and believe me when i say that i feel your pain with the arty players using illegal mods like that. and XVM is the source of how teams play like unicorns going and yolo kill themselves because the rest of the team is tomatos or tomatos looking at the enemy team seeing mostly unicorns so they just do stupid stuff to ruin games.

I definitely think XVM should be banned... Not because it's unfair, but because it adds nothing useful and only brings an added layer of toxicity... I've never seen XVM being used in any way other than stats trolling, "XVM sniping", or such...

Warlock__ #558 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 19:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 67419 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

View PostApache1990, on Aug 21 2017 - 18:20, said:

For a full video, the best option is likely going to be uploading it to YouTube, then link it on the forum or to support (though replay is still preferred for the latter).  YouTube has an option to upload it unlisted if you like, so only people with the link see it, if you don't want it shown directly on your channel.

Thanks I didn't know that, but sure as heck will for future occurrences.

scoutsout7 #559 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 04:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 61511 battles

Team Killing 

I was just in a battle on Reshire when a team mate  Iron_Defender_Kyle who was in a Crusader SP TK'd me.

This person is in the clan HARM 

The CO of HARM is smacker247

This is not the kind of play that should be allowed in a higher ranked clan 

I attached a replay so you can look at it and decide what action needs to be taken thank you 

scoutout7 

Horst_von_Usedom #560 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 17:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58053 battles
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD
How can we discuss the use of illegal mods when Wargaming management created cheating in the game? The combination of vehicles from the World War Two era and those from the Cold War give those using the Cold War era a significant advantage, especially when using the autoloading tanks. That is nothing more than cheating sanctioned by Wargaming. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users