Corporal

• -Players-
  • 399 battles
very good info thanks!

TheCorpsman #24 Posted Jan 16 2017 - 12:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4378 battles
Excellent video on view range and how it works.

sailorboy7982 #25 Posted Jan 21 2017 - 10:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17276 battles
  • [STB1] STB1
Dang, I've been doing it all wrong. Glad I saw this. :honoring:

3comma14 #26 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 13:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 9 battles

Guys,

I have created a youtube channel, where I focus how to use light tanks effectively. 2500 wn8 65% winrate on a light tank per day is real!

I have 2 gun marks on all LT8, some 3 gun marks, object 260 in the garage.

Currently I'm working on a series of the videos about how to scout effectively, what behavior the most effective for a scout is. The first video of the series about game mechanics is there.

Also, there are light tank reviews (of course, I play other classes, and on demand I can make a review on any tank). In my videos I use only my own replays, because I think if you tell the person how to play this tank, then go show it (unlike QB, for example). Also, the light tanks aren't popular, many light tanks have little understanding about what they do in the battle. I want everyone to be effective. Assisting for 3 or 4 thousand damage in every battle is real. It's hard, but real. 

Anyway, check out my channel, please, there are several videos already, feel free to criticize. I'm very sorry for making kinda an ad for myself, but I'm really seeking for your support, I really need it. I would be very grateful, if you watched a video or two (or maybe subscribed and watched all of them :) )

https://www.youtube....qVUMl6RtFQ65P_A

3comma14 #27 Posted Feb 10 2017 - 04:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 9 battles

Guys, new update on my channel! I made a video about detailed bush mechanics with experiments in the training room. How to shoot from the bushes and not get spotted! If you still need the basics about spotting mechanics, it's also there.

https://www.youtube....qVUMl6RtFQ65P_A

Is helpful for everyone.

The two videos about game mechanics are the introduction of the series of videos on how to play light tanks effectively. How to spot for several thousands of damage even on tier 5-6 light tanks. How to keep a stable winrate on LTs.

I'm an extremely experienced light tanks player, got lots of gun marks on all light tanks (2-3 gun marks), have 260, so I have some idea of what i'm talking about :D Please, have a look and support me!

3comma14 #28 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 04:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 9 battles
A new guide about how to play light tanks as passive scouts available! Equipment, behavior, analysis of positions! All you need to know about passive scouting!

Mr_Liberty #29 Posted Mar 12 2017 - 19:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 1988 battles
  • [B_5-1] B_5-1
It's about time I watched this video, explained everything very well.

Carnagge #30 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 06:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11433 battles
That was a fantastic video explaining the view range for players and very easy to understand and learn from!  Definitely looking forward to more video's like this one!

Tahllol #31 Posted May 10 2017 - 14:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7228 battles
Should update the video to say the view system is broken and invisible tanks are alive and well. Big pieces of metal in open fields are invisible even after firing and well within your view range. Yup, thats a good spotting and camo system.

Oswegatchie_NY #32 Posted May 16 2017 - 03:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 10856 battles
  • [SOD-] SOD-
reply to this topic

84Doc04 #33 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 16:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15743 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 09 2016 - 14:57, said:

Hello tankers! 

We have released this video showing off how the visibility system works. If you are a new player or long time player you may be able to learn something from this video! 

OMG! This is the single best video on spotting I've ever seen!  I just bounced through the YouTube channel and only see one additional clip on armor penetration.  Are there more of these?  I'd buy this series on a DVD!  This is awesome!

MrBojangles1971 #34 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 01:28

Private

• Players
  • 43483 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT

Ticket #1065251

Category:
WoT
Sub-category:
Wargaming.net Game Center
With all do respect I feel it is my duty as a loyal Wargaming Member, and I might say ONLY a Wargaming Member that the Game dynamics have taken an incredible fall for the worse! I do NOT, and will NOT accept a generic typical Wargaming reply like every ticket on this one; I expect a real response with no more empty promises, and expect a little bit of care be shown over a big $$$$ client such as myself please! Everyone is running War-pack at this point, or some other Mod that gives them an unfair advantage, and I myself am ashamed to say that i feel that unless i also run these Mods that i don't stand a chance in the arena anymore! Since there really is no governing body to allocate account bans, or warnings then it is rampant at this point. Perhaps I am just a bad player, i don't know, but i can say this will all certainty, "Since the last couple of patches the game has become much much less of an enjoyment to play, and more of a feeling of having been pick pocketed, and spit upon". Clan participation is lowest in 4 years, members have either uninstalled completely, or simply play other games that are more enjoyable at this point. I myself have honestly spent $130 CDN once or twice a weak since i established my account on Gold, and Silver packages, this translates into nearly $35,000.00 which at this point i am beginning to regret given the recent spectacular disappointments associated with World of Tanks. I have done my very best over the years to encourage new players to download, and install this game, and to become part of the Wargaming Community; however, at this point i believe that things are so bad I could NOT in good conscience recommend the game to someone new, as i have a very difficult time keeping seasoned players from uninstalling. The contact list problem is a really awful one, and although many empty promises have been made by Wargaming to have the problem resolved it has not been, and a great many players refuse to play at this point without their friends list being restored, and operating correctly? What will Wargaming do to keep me? I feel like i am due at least at a complete minimum, some form of compensation for this huge disappointment Wargaming has been peddling? Fix the game, rebate me at least $100.00 CDN, or see me and my $12000/year leave, and then ask yourselves wthhappened, and further that when you read the year end Profit/Loss Statement. Perhaps everyone just got a lot better at the game, or perhaps Wargaming just doesn't like me my money, or any of the money CRZYT and ALL OF ITS MEMBERS help contribute, but a simple clan disband will unequivocally cost Wargaming a pile of Revenue that apparently you don't need anyways right? Please respond ONLY with an apology, a solution to the contact list problem, and a Coupon ($100?CDN) or equivalent there of as a form of reimbursement, and finally just make the game FUN again please, I feel cheated, and hurt!!!!
Best Regards....
MrBojangles1971 (Commander of The Crazy Train)
Call me a scrub if you like, do nothing I am tired of caring about something that doesn't care in return. or MAN up and do the right thing for me at least I need to know that this is the place to stay, and to persevere long term or I need to know right now if i should walk away?

warhorse500 #35 Posted Jul 08 2017 - 23:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 3153 battles

I think this video has underscored the real nature of Wargaming Inc.  This isn't a game, it's a social experiment.

Anybody ever read "Ender's Game"?  If you haven't, you should.  Quick basic synopsis:  Little kid Ender, who's picked on a lot in school, plays a game in his off time in which he is supposedly beating the enemies of Earth.  When he finally grows up, he realizes that he hasn't been playing a game at all---but playing out the real war instead.  Wargaming is a Russian-owned company; the Russians have a well-known and long-established track record for programs like this.  Say what you like, but there it is.

When players are seen dropping dead on the media after marathon gaming sessions, when players ridicule me because I don't know anything about view ranges, camouflage values, penetration effects, or anything else other than "point at bad guys, shoot at bad guys", then that's when you know it's not a game anymore.  Now it's a job, at the very least.  You're all playing "Ender's Game", and too damn stoned and stupid to know it.

Where I'm concerned, I just simply came for the escapist entertainment.  RL is tough enough as it is; when I drag home at the end of the day, beat up and tired, I don't want to think.  I don't give two [edited]about camouflage, view ranges, armor values, view points, or any of the rest of this crap.  I just want to shoot stuff and blow it up, and do so in a way that doesn't land me in a federal penitentiary somewhere. Apparently I can't do that here---I need a third college degree just to get out of the gate with this game.

Joke's on you WG...I'm too old to serve.  My military years are long behind me.  I'll deliberately troll the game just to piss you off and laugh at all these pothead kids who are too damn stupid to know any better.  Enjoy your gameplay, you bunch of unpaid lab rats.

Edited by warhorse500, Jul 08 2017 - 23:24.

NaveDude100 #36 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 11:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 1626 battles

View PostMrBojangles1971, on Jun 12 2017 - 01:28, said:

Ticket #1065251

Category:
WoT
Sub-category:
Wargaming.net Game Center
With all do respect I feel it is my duty as a loyal Wargaming Member, and I might say ONLY a Wargaming Member that the Game dynamics have taken an incredible fall for the worse! I do NOT, and will NOT accept a generic typical Wargaming reply like every ticket on this one; I expect a real response with no more empty promises, and expect a little bit of care be shown over a big $$$$ client such as myself please! Everyone is running War-pack at this point, or some other Mod that gives them an unfair advantage, and I myself am ashamed to say that i feel that unless i also run these Mods that i don't stand a chance in the arena anymore! Since there really is no governing body to allocate account bans, or warnings then it is rampant at this point. Perhaps I am just a bad player, i don't know, but i can say this will all certainty, "Since the last couple of patches the game has become much much less of an enjoyment to play, and more of a feeling of having been pick pocketed, and spit upon". Clan participation is lowest in 4 years, members have either uninstalled completely, or simply play other games that are more enjoyable at this point. I myself have honestly spent $130 CDN once or twice a weak since i established my account on Gold, and Silver packages, this translates into nearly $35,000.00 which at this point i am beginning to regret given the recent spectacular disappointments associated with World of Tanks. I have done my very best over the years to encourage new players to download, and install this game, and to become part of the Wargaming Community; however, at this point i believe that things are so bad I could NOT in good conscience recommend the game to someone new, as i have a very difficult time keeping seasoned players from uninstalling. The contact list problem is a really awful one, and although many empty promises have been made by Wargaming to have the problem resolved it has not been, and a great many players refuse to play at this point without their friends list being restored, and operating correctly? What will Wargaming do to keep me? I feel like i am due at least at a complete minimum, some form of compensation for this huge disappointment Wargaming has been peddling? Fix the game, rebate me at least $100.00 CDN, or see me and my $12000/year leave, and then ask yourselves wthhappened, and further that when you read the year end Profit/Loss Statement. Perhaps everyone just got a lot better at the game, or perhaps Wargaming just doesn't like me my money, or any of the money CRZYT and ALL OF ITS MEMBERS help contribute, but a simple clan disband will unequivocally cost Wargaming a pile of Revenue that apparently you don't need anyways right? Please respond ONLY with an apology, a solution to the contact list problem, and a Coupon ($100?CDN) or equivalent there of as a form of reimbursement, and finally just make the game FUN again please, I feel cheated, and hurt!!!!
Best Regards....
MrBojangles1971 (Commander of The Crazy Train)
Call me a scrub if you like, do nothing I am tired of caring about something that doesn't care in return. or MAN up and do the right thing for me at least I need to know that this is the place to stay, and to persevere long term or I need to know right now if i should walk away?

I agree, I to have spent money on it and I feel though that mods though while not game changing, are givino players some advantages to keep them ahead of others.

Now for a question,  I have seen that in game when you are detected you get some sort of notification like the light bulb, how do I get the light bulb because it does not show up for me.  Is it a mod or is it in settings or somewhere else?  Plz reply because it really helps to have the detected indicator.  Thx

Edited by NaveDude100, Jul 19 2017 - 11:43.

NaveDude100 #37 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 11:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 1626 battles
In many videos and replays I have seen people getting a light bulb indicator when they are detected, I do not have it for some reason.  How could I get the light bulb?

Project100 #38 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 12:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1495 battles

View PostNaveDude100, on Jul 19 2017 - 05:45, said:

In many videos and replays I have seen people getting a light bulb indicator when they are detected, I do not have it for some reason.  How could I get the light bulb?

The Light Bulb indicates that a tank Commander has the 6th Sense skill and that the tank has been spotted by an enemy tank.

Many people feel that this is the most vital skill for a Commander to have and should be the first Skill on the Commander.

The skills system in WoT is a subject of a large number of discussions by people much more experienced and knowledgeable than me.

A Google search on "WoT Crew Skills" will give you more information and differing opinions than you will be able to read, but a good place to start for an overview is the Wiki and the WoT website.

Good luck, have fun, good hunting.

NaveDude100 #39 Posted Jul 20 2017 - 20:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 1626 battles

View PostProject100, on Jul 19 2017 - 12:50, said:

The Light Bulb indicates that a tank Commander has the 6th Sense skill and that the tank has been spotted by an enemy tank.

Many people feel that this is the most vital skill for a Commander to have and should be the first Skill on the Commander.

The skills system in WoT is a subject of a large number of discussions by people much more experienced and knowledgeable than me.

A Google search on "WoT Crew Skills" will give you more information and differing opinions than you will be able to read, but a good place to start for an overview is the Wiki and the WoT website.

Good luck, have fun, good hunting.

thx so much I just checked and it was there

Unfortunately in many of my tanks I have not trained my crew to 100 percent though :)

Fulcrous__O_OII #40 Posted Aug 02 2017 - 02:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Where is Timmy T1?

Also tagged with Spotting, visibility, mechanics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users