Once you guy an upgrade is it available to other tanks?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

skates #1 Posted Aug 04 2011 - 21:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5347 battles
Hi.  When you guy extras such as camo net or binnoculars, etc are these available to other tanks if you demount for gold?  Or do you have to guy them each time for each tank?  I find spending 500K each time to be a horible grind.

Ironmonger69 #2 Posted Aug 04 2011 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 7146 battles
Equipment like binoculars, rammers, vents, can be demounted and used on other tanks.  Binoculars, toolbox, and camo net demount for free; all others cost 10 gold to demount, but can be put on any other appropriate tank at no additional cost.  (Not all equipment fits on all tanks, like rammers and vents)

skates #3 Posted Aug 04 2011 - 21:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5347 battles
Thanks.  Yeah, I just noted the rammer is for medium tanks, so I would expect to purchase separately.

Chrazel #4 Posted Aug 04 2011 - 22:20

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6556 battles
Anything with the 'lock' symbol on it can not be removed and demounts as you said is 10 gold. Everything else can be demounted for free

CrashTailspin #5 Posted Aug 05 2011 - 04:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 15272 battles

View Postskates, on Aug 04 2011 - 21:32, said:

Hi.  When you guy extras such as camo net or binnoculars, etc are these available to other tanks if you demount for gold?  Or do you have to guy them each time for each tank?  I find spending 500K each time to be a horible grind.

Some modules you purchase can be moved from tank to tank, while others cannot.  Like Chrazel pointed out, anything with the "lock" symbol is specific to that tank.  For instance, if you purchased a shell rammer for your Hummel, you cannot de-mount it and place it on, say, your VK3601H.  Think it through - it's a completely different gun on a different chassis.  Even something as similar as an M4 to an M4A3E8 won't work.  It's specific to that tank ONLY.

Other modules, however, are demountable.  Things such as the camo net, toolbox, and binoculars can be moved from tank to tank.  Think about it - these modules can be carried around by a crewmember.  A toolbox is portable.  You can bunch up a camo net and carry it in a duffel bag.  They're universal in use.

As for the grind....get used to it.  I've got a rammer on my Panther, Panther II, T32, VK3002DB, and Hummel.  I've got a vertical stabilizer on my Panther II, Panther, and T32.  Gun laying drive on my Hummel.  Toolbox for everything.  Camo net for everything.........what was that you were complaining about again?

Are they worth it??  Definitely.  When I can be cruising along at 50kph in my Panther II and critically hit a heavy as he fires and misses, I  :lol: to myself.  A lot.  When I can clear out heavies with my Hummel because it's a (relatively) accurate, fast-firing artillery, I  :D .  A lot.

Lastly, don't spend gold de-mounting stuff.  IMO, it's just a waste.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users