Fair Play Policy Q&A

fair Play Mods

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

Draxanoth #101 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 02:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 32390 battles
This is either going to be un-enforceable or come back to haunt WG.  It's been 3 days and they've already changed positions on 3 mods they said were banned, and 2 they said were not.  I don't imagine their waffling will change, and people will likely get caught between mods switching from legal to illegal all the time, especially in modpacks with new bits you haven't seen before.  If they execute this as harshly as it appears the server population will go through a buzz saw.

Bravo4zero #102 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 03:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18210 battles
  • [5D4] 5D4

View PostScorpiany, on Nov 15 2016 - 23:48, said:

In the past, Auto-Aim Plus would allow you to lock onto vehicles which were not highlighted. However, there are now "legal" versions of it called "Auto-Aim Indicator", which tell you who you've locked on to, but don't allow you to lock on without highlighting the vehicle.

As for zoom out mod, that requires more work on your behalf, plus it takes your focus away from the tank itself. Not only that, you must already be in a position where there is not cover directly blocking your camera's angles, as the camera is still fixed onto your vehicle; regardless of how far you are zooming out.

Hence, it still takes extra effort and time for you to lock on in this way. Auto-Aim plus would allow you to point in someone's general direction and be locked immediately, which when fighting multiple opponents at the same time, or having very little time to react to an opponent's move, could prove to be quite advantageous.

Thanks for the explanation Scorpiany. Much appreciated!

Like others have noted the current vanilla auto aim is pretty useless to me as it rarely works. Could be my FPS (around 30-35 most games) isn't good enough to be able to pin-point the tank perfectly for this to work!? I also play on a laptop with a 17" screen so sometimes my targets are pretty small and as someone else also pointed out, at 46 yrs old my reflexes aren't quite what they were :(

I don't mind mods in the game and use one of Jimbo's gunsight mods as I prefer the aesthetics and recently had to change my XVM mod to remove the reload timer, which indecently was not really any use to me anyway as it takes enough concentration aiming, watching the mini-map and all the other multi-tasking you need to do to even notice what the timer said :D

Hopefully Ghost will check on this thread again and perhaps give a little more insight/advice.

Edited by Bravo4zero, Nov 16 2016 - 03:05.

Fbomb #103 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 03:35

Captain

• Players
  • 28156 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

View PostBavor, on Nov 15 2016 - 18:52, said:

Have you tried the auto aim in the vanilla WoT client?  I can be aiming at a stationary tank and it still takes several clicks to lock on.  Its broken.  I remember it use to work much better several years ago when I started playing the game.

This is my experience as well

xCaige #104 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 03:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30937 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
I play vanilla, I have been playing for the last 3 years and have not noticed any difference what so ever with the Vanilla Auto Aim Feature... 

xCaige #105 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 03:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30937 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-

Also I was just reading on the sea forums and AA+ is also illegal there according to this thread, page 13 Administrator Elphaba http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/69484-fair-play-policy/page__st__240#topmost 

Just wanted to clear it up as I read that some said it wasn't.. Looks as if all servers now have the same policies 

Burning_Haggis #106 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 03:56

Captain

• Players
  • 44375 battles

View PostHeldar, on Nov 15 2016 - 19:13, said:

He has a point though.  Both give arguable degrees of functionality and benefits from use.  The idea that one is ok and the other isnt is laughable.  hell ill argue till im blue in the face that battle assistant is MUCH MORE impactful that AA+ has ever been.  But im not a dev, so whatever.

Agreed, the arty assistant won some WG contest if I remember right.  Hard for them to say it isn't legal at this point.   As far as arty goes, even letting them turn their monitor on should be considered a cheat :)

G3nst3r #107 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 04:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15313 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View PostGunadie, on Nov 15 2016 - 19:31, said:

JUST SAY NO TO AIMBOTS!

AutoAim Indicator is not an AIMBOT.....an AIMBOT is the mod that would lead tanks on the move and target weakspots....and is known to be a true cheating mod.

G3nst3r #108 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 04:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15313 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View PostHeldar, on Nov 15 2016 - 20:13, said:

He has a point though.  Both give arguable degrees of functionality and benefits from use.  The idea that one is ok and the other isnt is laughable.  hell ill argue till im blue in the face that battle assistant is MUCH MORE impactful that AA+ has ever been.  But im not a dev, so whatever.

100% agree with this.

The_Rommelnator #109 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43716 battles

It's too bad about this thread.  Caught it very early on and was glad we were finally getting straight answers (albeit, some we may not like).  Thought it was going to be an easy place to check for "official" answers.  Instead, it's like the other 50 threads now where everyone is trying to chime in.

Why not keep it to just a question, and then wait for WG to answer it officially?  The way it is now, there's actually 2 or 3 questions on here, and 5 or 6 pages of back and forth gibberish from people who ultimately have zero say in what the verdict will be.  I guess I'll just keep checking the first page, hopefully they update as they answer.  The rest of it can be discussed in all the various other threads going on.

Go ahead and flame me now. 

Insurrectional_Leftist #110 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:25

Major

• Players
  • 46515 battles

View PostMudman24, on Nov 15 2016 - 22:24, said:

Has it changed or did many players just get dependent on autoaim + ?  I have noticed no change in the vanilla autoaim since I started playing.  

It has changed.

Guest_Heldar_* #111 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:28

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Nov 15 2016 - 22:25, said:

It has changed.

This.  It used to be easy to use, 1 right click, and auto aim worked.  Like many other players have been reporting, it sometimes takes me multiple clicks to lock on, and sometimes theres even a delay in the game telling me it was locked on, causing me to right click again, unlocking auto aim.  Its a massive difference, even from what I remember it being like a few months ago.

Insurrectional_Leftist #112 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:28

Major

• Players
  • 46515 battles

View PostGunadie, on Nov 16 2016 - 00:18, said:

Sorry this cheat has been removed for good reason

No to AUTO AIM +

Remove server version above tier 3

​Sorry, you failed to read, go back and re-read he post.

You failed reading comprehension. 

We were discussing WG Vanilla manufacturing auto aim. Try to comprehend first before you post.

Thank You.

mrmojo #113 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:31

Major

• Players
  • 20245 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostHeldar, on Nov 16 2016 - 12:28, said:

This.  It used to be easy to use, 1 right click, and auto aim worked.  Like many other players have been reporting, it sometimes takes me multiple clicks to lock on, and sometimes theres even a delay in the game telling me it was locked on, causing me to right click again, unlocking auto aim.  Its a massive difference, even from what I remember it being like a few months ago.

Agree. 

Insurrectional_Leftist #114 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:33

Major

• Players
  • 46515 battles

View PostHeldar, on Nov 16 2016 - 04:28, said:

​Exactly,  It does that. It never used to do that, and you're right.  And, when you try to right click on to a target you can click, click, click, click, trying to get dead on the target when its right dead in front of you, when it's clearly visibly "highlighted" and it will not lock on even while the other tank "is shooting you DEAD."   It's an "Absolute Failure"  I've tried all types of zooming techniques  to get it to lock on, tunnel visioning myself to death to make it work, missing shots, losing shots, etc... It's simply not working.  Later tonight I will be submitting a strong support ticket and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Edited by Insurrectional_Leftist, Nov 16 2016 - 05:34.

Fbomb #115 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:44

Captain

• Players
  • 28156 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG
And the thing about that is it takes an advantage away from fast, mobile tanks

Palladius__ #116 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 05:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17329 battles

View PostxCaige, on Nov 16 2016 - 03:51, said:

Also I was just reading on the sea forums and AA+ is also illegal there according to this thread, page 13 Administrator Elphaba http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/69484-fair-play-policy/page__st__240#topmost 

Just wanted to clear it up as I read that some said it wasn't.. Looks as if all servers now have the same policies 

That was me, based on their list of banned and allowed mods: http://forum.worldof...st-asia-server/

ammo_magnet #117 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 07:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32627 battles

Oh well it sucks but I'm done with this game then.

I like to play light tanks and It's a very difficult to play light tanks without AA+.

Bye all and WOT. :amazed:

MapleOne #118 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 07:55

Major

• Players
  • 25368 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 15 2016 - 20:48, said:

Hello Tankers,

Many of you have had questions about this policy so far. We gathered your questions from here, and other places and these are the responses we received from HQ. I hope this clears up some of the confusion. 

Question: The ability to lock onto a target that isn’t highlighted, is that illegal?

• Answer: This is now considered a cheat.

Question: Why not just get rid of all mods?

• Answer: We love mods, we just find some of the mods functions create an unfair advantage, which is why you’ll see us talking about functionality instead of specific mods.

Question: Can Wargaming ban me without giving reason and/or evidence?

• Answer: When we ban someone for using cheats, we state in the message that a forbidden game function was used. We don’t provide any details on when a player was detected or what kind of cheat was detected because we don’t want to compromise our detection methods. It’s actually a widespread thing in the gaming industry – for example, VAC bans work in a similar way.

Question: Why not just ban people outright for using cheats?

• Answer: Striking down the hammer is permanent. We want to give people an opportunity to course correct and continue to enjoy World of Tanks 

Question: When will the cheat detection system start working?

• Answer: It is up and running

Question: Do Warnings/Bans/Points on your account ever get removed or reset?

• Answer: It's 2 strikes and you’re out. For the first offense, the player gets a 7-day ban, for the 2nd – permaban. There are no plans to reset flags over a time period for now.

Question: Is Arty Battle Assist still approved by Wargaming to use?

• Answer: Yes, we’re still okay with it.

Question: What about the function that shows and calculates Camo and detectability rating in-game?

• Answer: This is currently under consideration

Question: Can we use mods that change the color of destroyed tanks?

• Answer: Yes, you can use mods that change the color of destroyed tanks.

Question: Can I use a mod that allows me to zoom out more?

• Answer: Yes, you can use a mod which allows you to zoom out further from your own tank.

Question: Are reload timers illegal?
Answer: Yes.

Please let us know of any further questions you may have in this thread. 

Is there a way to report a team killer, well a intentional team killer?

Fodder_2016 #119 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 07:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12279 battles

View PostMapleOne, on Nov 16 2016 - 07:55, said:

Is there a way to report a team killer, well a intentional team killer?

Submit a ticket with a replay. Just like always.

MapleOne #120 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 08:22

Major

• Players
  • 25368 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFodder_2016, on Nov 16 2016 - 07:58, said:

Submit a ticket with a replay. Just like always.

Thanks, never had to before, but after 6 games in a row where people either kill me on purpose or track me for the fun of it...I'm gonna start reporting people.

Also tagged with fair Play, Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users