• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

driesp #121 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 08:50

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 16 2016 - 03:48, said:

Hello Tankers,

Many of you have had questions about this policy so far. We gathered your questions from here, and other places and these are the responses we received from HQ. I hope this clears up some of the confusion. 

Question: The ability to lock onto a target that isn’t highlighted, is that illegal?

• Answer: This is now considered a cheat.

Question: Why not just get rid of all mods?

• Answer: We love mods, we just find some of the mods functions create an unfair advantage, which is why you’ll see us talking about functionality instead of specific mods.

Question: Can Wargaming ban me without giving reason and/or evidence?

• Answer: When we ban someone for using cheats, we state in the message that a forbidden game function was used. We don’t provide any details on when a player was detected or what kind of cheat was detected because we don’t want to compromise our detection methods. It’s actually a widespread thing in the gaming industry – for example, VAC bans work in a similar way.

Question: Why not just ban people outright for using cheats?

• Answer: Striking down the hammer is permanent. We want to give people an opportunity to course correct and continue to enjoy World of Tanks 

Question: When will the cheat detection system start working?

• Answer: It is up and running

Question: Do Warnings/Bans/Points on your account ever get removed or reset?

• Answer: It's 2 strikes and you’re out. For the first offense, the player gets a 7-day ban, for the 2nd – permaban. There are no plans to reset flags over a time period for now.

Question: Is Arty Battle Assist still approved by Wargaming to use?

• Answer: Yes, we’re still okay with it.

Question: What about the function that shows and calculates Camo and detectability rating in-game?

• Answer: This is currently under consideration

Question: Can we use mods that change the color of destroyed tanks?

• Answer: Yes, you can use mods that change the color of destroyed tanks.

Question: Can I use a mod that allows me to zoom out more?

• Answer: Yes, you can use a mod which allows you to zoom out further from your own tank.

Question: Are reload timers illegal?
Answer: Yes.

Please let us know of any further questions you may have in this thread. 

Could you please provide an update in a week and then again in a month to inform us how many people have been found to be using illegal mods?

This would do do things, it would:

1. show that you are taking action, and

2. encourage people to stop running those.

driesp #122 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 08:56

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles

View PostMapleOne, on Nov 16 2016 - 15:22, said:

Thanks, never had to before, but after 6 games in a row where people either kill me on purpose or track me for the fun of it...I'm gonna start reporting people.

What were you doing? Replay's please?

madgiecool #123 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 10:19

Major

• Players
  • 52880 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Nov 16 2016 - 09:37, said:

Dear WG,

I love the idea of cheaters being banned, and welcome this development eagerly, but your "which is why you’ll see us talking about functionality instead of specific mods" is going to cause MASSIVE anger.

When any form of government/authority (as WG is for its game) inflicts harsh punishment upon someone under its jurisdiction, it had better make damned sure that the punishment's justification is well known and fully understood. Punishing people for offenses which are not well known or not understood causes major upset and backlash.

WG is infamous for being absolutely pathetic at writing clear, concise, unambiguous English text. (Your company seriously needs to hire at least one good Technical Writer, and he/she has to put a major effort into training all of you who produce text that your players read.) Ghost, you know from the past forum posts about the new anti-cheating policy that players are drawing all sorts of conclusions from WG's poorly worded policy text. I cannot imagine that the final policy will be worded any better, because I have never read anything from anyone at WG which struck me as being written by a skilled crafter of the English language.

When you start banning people for using a mod that they interpreted your policy as allowing, but you interpreted your policy as banning, then the forum is going to be deluged with rants from those people who have been banned, followed by page after page of arguments about whether or not specific mods are legal or illegal. WG is going to anger a very large proportion of your user base (pretty much everyone who uses more than a couple of mods).

You MUST be specific about what mods are illegal! You MUST list them by name and by exact description, so people will know with 100% certainty whether or not they are allowed to run that mod.

You might think this sounds like more work that just releasing a policy statement, but believe me, your company will have to do a great deal more work if you release yet another poorly worded, inexact, interpretable-every-which-way policy. In particular, your marketing department will have to do a huge amount of extra work trying to find new customers to replace all the ones who got so angry at your company's arbitrary punishments that they left the game.

If the player base sees that players are being banned for running mods that they genuinely thought were legal -- because your policy was not specific enough -- then every mod-using player in your community is going to think about no longer spending money on your game, in fear that their money will be lost because you suddenly decided that one of their mods was illegal.

Tread very carefully here, because if you mess this up, it could do a great deal of damage to your company.

I just agreed with Hans!

Why do I feel so...

:hiding:

Insurrectional_Leftist #124 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 10:34

Major

• Players
  • 46751 battles

Yea, is there a way that we can actually meet "Real World People" on say, "Face Book, On-line, chat, or some where off-site who we can Verify, that HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY BANNED by the Policy from the game?"  WE want to trust.

but.... TRUST BUT VERIFY..

"Trust but verify"  We want to actually communicate with real BANNIES"  :trollface:  Actual banned people.

JohnnyHou #125 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 10:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 20446 battles
The future will tell.

Edited by JohnnyHou, Nov 16 2016 - 10:52.

Tolos #126 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 12:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostGunadie, on Nov 16 2016 - 00:14, said:

No, your just to impatient. (as well as a lot others)

At least they have provided some clarity!

Its nothing to do with being impatient. They release info saying people will be banned for use of certain mods that are now illegal then dont give info on if a mod is illegal or not until much later. 

Get your head out of their butts.

spacecubicnub #127 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 13:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29024 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Nov 15 2016 - 21:26, said:

How about these mods?

9.16 [ZJ] DirectionBox/TargetDirection Build 009 Demo By ZorroJan

Spoiler

This

spacecubicnub #128 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 13:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29024 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View PostLieutenant_Lurch, on Nov 15 2016 - 22:28, said:

Question: What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

PS - I'm sorry, couldn't help myself.  Thanks for the clarifications!

lol be more specific and African or European swallow?

spacecubicnub #129 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 15:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29024 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

1. Thanks for the list and good start..... but IT IS just a start

VIDEOS PHOTOS VIDEOS come on guys, with all your skills and talent are you telling me the best you can produce is a list on redit with a bit of "bold" text??? Your better then this, make a video explaining each banded item, what it does and why it is banded.

2.  WG has created a culture of mistrust, and it's going to take a lot more then this list and a statement "saying" people will get banned.  You are going to have tell us about the banning, I don't care if you don't want to give out names but you are going to need to list how many warning were given out and how many permanent bans were issued. Each day, each week, each month I don't know but YOU ARE GOING TO EARN our trust again.

3. Consider expanding the ability to auto lock onto a tank for light tanks.  As others have posted here, driving around at 60kph and trying to lock onto a target is very difficult.  Something as simple as increasing the lockable zone for a light tank and only a light tank to 20 or 30% larger than the normal target size.

4.  Why is this information coming out on Redit and the forums?  It's should be part of the website first and foremost.  By posting it onto the other sites I get the feeling this is still up for debate or negotiable.  If autoaim + is illegal then post it front and center on the World of Tanks website and reference that page in redit and or the forums.  As per point no. 1 I think you need to make a video and post it to the youtube channel and post it on facebook.  In speaking to others A LOT OF PLAYERS are completely unaware of the fair play policy.  You need to get the information out to everyone on every social media service you use.  Otherwise we continue with this culture I spoke of earlier.

It's a start.... but just a start

Naproxeno_ #130 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 15:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8484 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
WG need to make some good video and graphics about the mods. Better comunication. Like you do the videos for the updates or mechanic, well some video that explain why dont use ilegal mods.

t8z5h3 #131 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 15:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 41330 battles
  • [-FU2] -FU2
should we assume the "vac" like tool is under consent updating on difference schedule then the client?

Edited by t8z5h3, Nov 16 2016 - 15:51.

kier321 #132 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 15:54

Captain

• Players
  • 18509 battles
  • [-TMH-] -TMH-

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Nov 15 2016 - 16:57, said:

I see you are talking about yourself again. Give yourself a break crybaby and go run your mods that you bought

love how this account was owned by a French player 2 years ago who posted a selling my account post in the French sub forum. obviously  it was successful because now this troll owns the account. Honestly, every time I see this account I laugh. Wish I hadn't deleted the PM about the account selling not being allowed and him replying he's quitting and just wants some money. Funny af. Sadly I deleted it :(. Keep in mind this is same dude saying stop crying about rules...

Insurrectional_Leftist #133 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 46751 battles

I have a suggestion?

Well, why doesn't Wargaming give us some special in-game tools we could use (detection equipment) on our accounts also, when we play where as (detectors) that helps us catch "Cheaters!" for every cheater we can catch we get 500 Gold !! :coin:  "Cheaters Wanted Dead or Alive"    A new way to earn Gold!!!  :trollface:  you pay us, we help you.

"Hunt the Cheaters Mission"

Edited by Insurrectional_Leftist, Nov 16 2016 - 18:03.

Abaddon_Invictus #134 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 18:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 847 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 15 2016 - 20:48, said:

Question: The ability to lock onto a target that isn’t highlighted, is that illegal?
  • Answer: This is now considered a cheat.

What about that new mod that highlights the tank nearest to your reticle. How do you feel about that one?

Fodder_2016 #135 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 18:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12279 battles

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Nov 16 2016 - 18:02, said:

I have a suggestion?

Well, why doesn't Wargaming give us some special in-game tools we could use (detection equipment) on our accounts also, when we play where as (detectors) that helps us catch "Cheaters!" for every cheater we can catch we get 500 Gold !! :coin:  "Cheaters Wanted Dead or Alive"    A new way to earn Gold!!!  :trollface:  you pay us, we help you.

"Hunt the Cheaters Mission"

In game tools take time (money) to develop and don't contribute to the bottom line.  For now, the mere suggestion of mod detectors being active server side combined with non-appealable bans should enough to create a chilling effect amongst the player base.

LeaveIT2Beaver #136 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 20:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 37373 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostMudman24, on Nov 15 2016 - 17:24, said:

Has it changed or did many players just get dependent on autoaim + ?  I have noticed no change in the vanilla autoaim since I started playing.  

As bad as you play (from what I see of you in battles I'm in with you) I doubt you would see any change in anything. Keep raging crybaby :teethhappy:

telecastermds #137 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 20:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13695 battles
AutoAim should lock on when your cursor is on any visible part of an enemy tank

__WARDADDY_ #138 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 32816 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Nov 15 2016 - 14:40, said:

Wargaming are rolling out an ENTIRELY NEW POLICY against them and dozens of people are here asking about what are in fact illegal mods and you're going to suggest they're not a problem?

Wow man. That's ridiculous on a level rarely encountered.

Smile_great.gif

Insurrectional_Leftist #139 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 46751 battles

View PostFodder_2016, on Nov 16 2016 - 17:35, said:

In game tools take time (money) to develop and don't contribute to the bottom line.  For now, the mere suggestion of mod detectors being active server side combined with non-appealable bans should enough to create a chilling effect amongst the player base.

However, it will not amount to a hill of beans once they found out there is no "Enforcement taking place".  Then, it's not going to amount to a hill of beans.

Insurrectional_Leftist #140 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 46751 battles

View Posttelecastermds, on Nov 16 2016 - 19:21, said:

AutoAim should lock on when your cursor is on any visible part of an enemy tank

Correct, it should.  But, you can be right in close range with the tank and it will not lock! Even if the cursor is on the tank.  It's not working.

Also tagged with fair Play, Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users