fair Play Mods

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

Mudman24 #141 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 36574 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Nov 16 2016 - 13:16, said:

As bad as you play (from what I see of you in battles I'm in with you) I doubt you would see any change in anything. Keep raging crybaby :teethhappy:

This is golden coming from someone who performs at bot levels and is now throwing a hissy fIt about losing his mods.  

holdmecloserTonyDanza #142 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 22:34

Major

• Players
  • 65184 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
are HP pool counters legal? it's in Aslains, has been around forever, and he has been doing yoeman's work trying to keep up with the mercurial list of what is legal and isn't.  was accused of cheating based on a screenshot I've posted and it's been bothering me ever since.  didn't know if the guy was trolling or serious, and I've found absolutely nothing that would indicate it is.  

Edited by holdmecloserTonyDanza, Nov 16 2016 - 22:37.

C0UP #143 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 22:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33302 battles

Lots of rustled jimmies.

I may just start playing this game again if it's really true they can actually detect illegal mods.

Thanks WG!

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #144 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 02:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36806 battles
  • [GST] GST

Hans_von_Twitchy, you are spot on, sir. They must spell it out in black and white, no gray areas. Its either legal or it isn't, not to be defined along the way. Post the list of banned mods and the maker of them, plain and simple.

Fbomb #145 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 02:48

Captain

• Players
  • 28156 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG
That, and figure out why the vanilla AA+ is so spotty

Byracki #146 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 03:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30916 battles

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Nov 17 2016 - 01:06, said:

Hans_von_Twitchy, you are spot on, sir. They must spell it out in black and white, no gray areas. Its either legal or it isn't, not to be defined along the way. Post the list of banned mods and the maker of them, plain and simple.

As well as WarGaming supplied screenshots of what the mod looks like and a detailed description of what the mod does.

1919Eternal #147 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 03:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 55844 battles
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S
No more auto-aim +?   Horrible call, will not be playing my lights nearly as much.  Regular auto-aim rarely works. 

Byracki #148 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 03:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30916 battles

View Post1919Eternal, on Nov 17 2016 - 02:10, said:

No more auto-aim +?   Horrible call, will not be playing my lights nearly as much.  Regular auto-aim rarely works. 

Lets start calling it Auto-lock...

Vanilla AutoLock sucks bad

AutoLock+ helped that because you could still manage to lock on even during chaos

Auto Aim has always and will always be illegal

vodja #149 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 14:34

Private

• Players
  • 58712 battles
  • [S-A-B] S-A-B

gentlemen of the vot lately a lot of me and very bad block schedule always interrupt with weaker players and it happens to lose after 5 games in a row, if you keep this up to the distribution of our players from the European continent to treat I will not stop playing this game and you know that non stop buy premium account and tanks

Isola_di_Fano #150 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 15:15

Major

• Players
  • 22418 battles

View PostMapleOne, on Nov 16 2016 - 02:22, said:

Thanks, never had to before, but after 6 games in a row where people either kill me on purpose or track me for the fun of it...I'm gonna start reporting people.

Darn ! What were you doing to annoy so many players ?

Reports for physics abuse are still acted upon. Send replays.

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Nov 16 2016 - 04:34, said:

Yea, is there a way that we can actually meet "Real World People" on say, "Face Book, On-line, chat, or some where off-site who we can Verify, that HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY BANNED by the Policy from the game?"  WE want to trust.

but.... TRUST BUT VERIFY..

"Trust but verify"  We want to actually communicate with real BANNIES"  :trollface:  Actual banned people.

That would be name and shame. Can't.

View Postvodja, on Nov 17 2016 - 08:34, said:

gentlemen of the vot lately a lot of me and very bad block schedule always interrupt with weaker players and it happens to lose after 5 games in a row, if you keep this up to the distribution of our players from the European continent to treat I will not stop playing this game and you know that non stop buy premium account and tanks

?

I tried Google translate from English to Russian but ... I don't read Russian ...

?

Insurrectional_Leftist #151 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 17:20

Major

• Players
  • 46515 battles

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Nov 17 2016 - 14:15, said:

Darn ! What were you doing to annoy so many players ?

Reports for physics abuse are still acted upon. Send replays.

That would be name and shame. Can't.

?

I tried Google translate from English to Russian but ... I don't read Russian ...

?

Then we have no enforcement then.  We have no verification process then.  WG can lie to us until the cows come home, and nothing would change.  The initial shock of this will wear off, then back to business as usual, just like it always has been for the past 5 years.   "Just as I thought".    Then we need an independent Website, or a communication channel set up to interview people by voice who come forward to talk to a representative (voluntarily or some system to tell people what transpired)

-Bring screen shots of the login account with saying banned with user name

-Any other identifiable information

-support tickets

-corroborating information

-or anything else to support who they are

Who can prove that the bans are happening.  We put together a proven website, and start a tabulation system sponsored by the players themselves.

Trust but Verify."

We don't trust when WG tells us they claim they caught 2,000 cheating.  We try to verify.

There's a way.

Edited by Insurrectional_Leftist, Nov 17 2016 - 17:22.

Kahduu #152 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 18:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22536 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1

Ghost I have is simple solution to the mod controversy using things WG has already done but putting them in place in a way that solves the issue and keeps your love for mods alive.

1. Only allow the res-mods folder on a mod test server much like the public test server but is always up and running.

2. Allow modders to create and test mods on this mod test server. As well as public access for sampling said mods which you can download from the web just like you can now.

3. Create a submission portal at Wg for modders to submit their mod creations that follow the legal guidelines for review. This being mods that only enhance a persons visual experience of the game which is what i believe they are basically saying and wanted from the beginning.

4. WG staff or community reviews the mods and decides to either give feed back on why it's not legal or chooses to use the code straight or rewrite the mod if needed.

5. Wg should set the live game up with no mods folder like the sandbox was. And add to the settings tabs "mods" where you can select from a list of mods WG has deemed legal and added to the game.

6.You can then add what mods you like as you see fit. They have already set this functionality up with the couple they have already added for hit direction and your tank list in the garage.

Now you have a process to flush mods out, prevent easy work around adding of mods, a place to test modders mods on the mod test server and a method for players to select what they want to enhance their experience. Yes these would take a little effort but they have servers already set this way like the sandbox so we know no re-mods folder would work on live. We can clone the pub test server for a mod server. We have the tab in settings already for mod selection. All you need is the team to do it. If you don't want to employ people to review the mods i am certain there would be tons of people that would volunteer to be mod testers. General players, streamers and other folks that want a playable fun game without huge advantages.

Just a thought that made easy since to me.

Other choice pull the res-mods folder out and lets go vanilla.

Edited by Kahduu, Nov 17 2016 - 18:17.

ImaKillYou #153 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 21:28

Captain

• Players
  • 27403 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

Too bad we are STILL getting conflicting info from WGNA on AA+

Supposedly, ALL regions are to have the same mod policies across the board. WGNA says AA+ is now banned, but other regions it's not?

from Aslains update notes:

- Please take a note that I'm in contact with WG, so I've confirmed and clarified mods I'm adding/removing due to Fair Play Policy - it's not my own interprepation but WG's. Remember that the Fair Play Policy is Global, there is no longer different mods allowed on different regions. Still waiting for few mods to clarify. I recommend this lecture too: http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/69622-fair-play-policy-faqs/

Aslain is one of the most respected moders for WOT and has thousands of players using his modpack. Are they all now cheating by using his modpack on NA?

Tolos #154 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 21:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostImaKillYou, on Nov 17 2016 - 20:28, said:

Supposedly, ALL regions are to have the same mod policies across the board. WGNA says AA+ is now banned, but other regions it's not?

- Please take a note that I'm in contact with WG, so I've confirmed and clarified mods I'm adding/removing due to Fair Play Policy - it's not my own interprepation but WG's. Remember that the Fair Play Policy is Global, there is no longer different mods allowed on different regions. Still waiting for few mods to clarify. I recommend this lecture too: http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/69622-fair-play-policy-faqs/

Aslain is one of the most respected moders for WOT and has thousands of players using his modpack. Are they all now cheating by using his modpack on NA?

Short answer, yes they are if they are using aa+.

ImaKillYou #155 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 21:47

Captain

• Players
  • 27403 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

View PostTolos, on Nov 17 2016 - 13:30, said:

In my opinion, yes they are if they are using aa+.

fixed that for you.

We need an answer from WGNA. I'm not using AA+, but I use Aslains modpack, and it is part of that pack. 

Plays_With_Matches #156 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 28610 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostImaKillYou, on Nov 17 2016 - 15:47, said:

fixed that for you.

We need an answer from WGNA. I'm not using AA+, but I use Aslains modpack, and it is part of that pack.

It was part of the OMC mod-pack as well until 2 days ago when WG released the new policy. Now it is greyed out / disabled in OMC

Perhaps "AutoLock+" could be modified so that it will lock the target when you hold down your mouse button and get your cursor on the tank in question. That would be better then the current vanilla lock that requires you to press the right mouse button while highlighting the tank.

Edited by Gord1973, Nov 17 2016 - 22:02.

ImaKillYou #157 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:04

Captain

• Players
  • 27403 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

View PostGord1973, on Nov 17 2016 - 13:59, said:

It was part of the OMC mod-pack as well until 2 days ago when WG released the new policy. Now it is greyed out / disabled in OMC

Aslain also removed it, but then put it back a few updates later, after clearing it with WG. Like I said, we STILL have differing policies when we are supposed to have the same rules on all servers.

Tolos #158 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostImaKillYou, on Nov 17 2016 - 20:47, said:

fixed that for you.

I said IF they are using aa+. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

Really not that hard to understand is it...

Tolos #159 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostImaKillYou, on Nov 17 2016 - 21:04, said:

Aslain also removed it, but then put it back a few updates later, after clearing it with WG. Like I said, we STILL have differing policies when we are supposed to have the same rules on all servers.

It doesnt matter if its legal on other servers, if you play on the NA server, only the NA server rules matter.

CavScout19D #160 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 24434 battles

View PostImaKillYou, on Nov 17 2016 - 15:28, said:

If you use Aslains mod pack you should know that AA+ does multiple things, one of those things was make the "snap to target" are larger. That piece has been removed. It still does the other things like preventing shooting of allies, shooting at wrecks, etc. 

Also tagged with fair Play, Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users