Fair Play Policy Q&A

fair Play Mods

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

Kronaan #181 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 05:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46392 battles

I came back to the game believing in this promise that WG is fighting cheaters, however after some on the run snapshots from tanks that I know their guns suck I start to believe that this anti-cheating is just PR.

On the good part though, I have not and will not spend any money until I'm not convince that WG is really trying to improve this game.

Oh, and asking astronomical prices for tanks and premium time will not help boosting the revenues in a game where not enough new players are coming in.

DESRON10 #182 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 20:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32044 battles

Interested in fair play WG?

Ban all mods and make everybody use a vanilla.

Lock it down tight and there is no room for abuse.

If no mods are allowed there is no room for misinterpretation as far as what is and what isn't allowed.

OLDIRTYBOMBER #183 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 20:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10897 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 15 2016 - 20:48, said:

Question: Why not just get rid of all mods?

• Answer: We love mods, we just find some of the mods functions create an unfair advantage, which is why you’ll see us talking about functionality instead of specific mods.

Question: Is Arty Battle Assist still approved by Wargaming to use?

• Answer: Yes, we’re still okay with it.

Are you going to build the arty battle assist into the game or leave it as an accepted unfair advantage over people who haven't installed it?

Functionality of this mod enabled me to play arty 2x-4x better than without.

Is there anyone who thinks vanilla arty aim is just as good? Hello?:hiding:

Edited by OLDIRTYBOMBER, Nov 20 2016 - 20:07.

DESRON10 #184 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 20:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32044 battles

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Nov 20 2016 - 15:06, said:

Are you going to build the arty battle assist into the game or leave it as an accepted unfair advantage over people who haven't installed it?

Functionality of this mod enabled me to play arty 2x-4x better than without.

Is there anyone who thinks vanilla arty aim is just as good? Hello?:hiding:

The only time I use BA is when I am shooting under bridges, archways, and through windows in buildings.

Until they killed cross chat there was nothing better than hearing the squealing of a camper who thought they were safe behind a tall building and got nailed by arty through a window.

It wouldn't bother me much if they removed it though, I was doing the same with the vanilla aim but not as efficient. As long as it gets everybody on the same level.

Edited by Aquarius64, Nov 20 2016 - 20:13.

Isola_di_Fano #185 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 22451 battles

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Nov 20 2016 - 14:06, said:

No need to buil it in, or install it, press G, it is in the vanilla client !

_TeMPezT_ #186 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 23:21

Captain

• Players
  • 80739 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

If you are blocking safe shot, can you please ban the source of all mods, XVM, from minimap spotting range! Overtarget Markers! and worse of all Arty hardon. It also is used to belittle other lesser plebs in pubs.

Just saying, if you want to be consistent ban XVM, there is absolute no use for it in game!

Yogi2367 #187 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 00:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 19845 battles
  • [CNUCK] CNUCK

What about the Fast Track Repair mod?

I see that it's been taken out, but that gives an unfair disadvantage to the average player. I personally use a Logitech keyboard and can/did program that function, or macro, to a "G" key. Because that function only occurs on my side, the client side, and appears as a series of keystrokes albeit only one key was pushed, WG can never tell if I have used a macro or not, so there is no way for them to punish, or admonish, me for using it. The same can be said for programmable mice, and game pads.

Players with ordinary, standard, keyboards, and mice, do not have that option, or advantage, and are subsequently handicapped because of it. At least the Fast Track repair mod made it fair, and even, for everyone.

4GOD #188 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 02:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33801 battles
Actually, yogi they could detect the speed at which the macro executes and ban you then. Mind you ti would be idiotic to ban a player because his keyboard is programmable.

Insurrectional_Leftist #189 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 17:10

Major

• Players
  • 46515 battles

View PostlithiumX3, on Nov 19 2016 - 14:38, said:

How could they implement a cheat detection system mid patch?  They didn't.  Poorly executed major change for many players that were using a working game mechanic.  (autoaim+) Please implement autoaim+ into the vanilla client.  A majority of players do not want an advantage over other players, they simply want this to work as intended, and they don't want to enter battles against other players that do have an advantage.  Currently this only hurts honest players that will abide by the rules.  I'm not seeing bans for those that continue to use illegal modes.  Those players will now not only be able to use the previously banned mods, but now the new ones, with no repercussions.

EXACTLY...!! Well said.   And, they will not verify, nor be able to substantiate ever to us, if they ban anyone for that matter even.  That's the apitamy of it all, they will never be able to prove any bans to us ever!!  Because, their policy will not allow them to.  They could say we just banned 899 people for illegal mods.  So What !!  It means nothing, because we have no proof of that. There are no name's given out, there are no trails, of who was banned, removed from the game, or list of names, they will simply come back with those "copy paste responses" of Sorry we cannot reveal that information due to "Blah, blah, blah."  They could be there sitting and swatting flies for all we know?  There will be no proof until "Real people come forward and say, "We were banned!"  And do you think 899 people are going come to you an say, "We were perma banned for cheating?"  Of course not.

We have no way of knowing the policy is being enforced, and simply accepting copy and paste is not proof.  I'm sorry, but it's not.  We've been dealing with this for 5 years, an there's a loop hole every damn time.

Edited by Insurrectional_Leftist, Nov 21 2016 - 17:12.

Wtornado #190 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 17:13

Captain

• Players
  • 31780 battles

They could of banned everything like most games and just kept the garage stuff and skins.

This is going to hurt them just admitting there is a heavy cheat clientele and they are

trying to control it.

Just battle assist with more than perfect arty changes the game you can move anywhere

anymore with slow high tier heavies.

It is making me spend less I did not buy my the deals of the week like my friends I don't think

it is worth spending the money anymore.

I am surely not the only one.

It will hurt WG and their game much more than they think I just hope it will show in their revenues.

I sort of laugh when the guys say that losing mods and cheats will affect the player's base.

I am willing to bet if the guy is downloading all the cheats and crap he is just about as honest as

spending money on the game.

Insurrectional_Leftist #191 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 46515 battles

View Post4GOD, on Nov 19 2016 - 16:20, said:

I seriously wonder if any of the developers or management actually ever went to a business school, because this company should be a case study in how NOT to deal with customers. Before they can ban mods they need a system to ensure that only mods they approve of will work. They don't have this system. Further, they ban mods that frankly should have been the client form the beginning. Then, to add insult to injury, the improvements to the client they create are far inferior to the mods they are supposed to replace. Finally, the developers NEVER listen to the customers. They go out do their own crappy thing then they act all shocked when their customers complain.

They screw up clans wars 2.0 with the stupid influence system, then after massive player complaints, remove it only to go out and reduce gold payments on the global map to laughable amounts. So, nearly all of the top clans have stopped playing CW and only show up for premium tank speclal events.

As of 9.17 I'm out of here. I cannot play without autoaim+ and I despise the fact I've got to click exactly on that tank in order to tell my teammates I want to designate that tank over there for artillery strikes.

I am probably one of the top players in terms of money spent on this game and if someone like me can quit then you have really screwed the pooch. No, Wargaming, just no. Go bankrupt like so many poorly run companies. I have other companies I can spend thousands on.

Damn dude !! Lay it on them man!  Tell it like is dude!!   I love it.

Like the dude said, "FAR OUT MAN...

OLDIRTYBOMBER #192 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 19:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10897 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Nov 20 2016 - 20:20, said:

No need to buil it in, or install it, press G, it is in the vanilla client !

I recall hitting 'G' and nothing happening while i was playing arty until i recently installed the arty mod. 

I tried the test server (only vanilla install i have now) and hitting 'G' while playing arty did nothing as well. 

AdmiralEkard #193 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 20:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27253 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
So safe shot is now is an illegal mod? Why and how does this make any sense? "Unhighlighted targets are not blocked." Its blocked because it's unhighlighted so we would not want to miss click on a team mate. WG logic please don't fail me again.   

ImaKillYou #194 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 21:46

Captain

• Players
  • 27403 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

According to Aslain, it's not....

- re-added SafeShot [mod is allowed in Fair Play Policy, confirmed]

So, here we go again with differing policies on the same mod

Isola_di_Fano #195 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 22451 battles

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Nov 21 2016 - 13:28, said:

I recall hitting 'G' and nothing happening while i was playing arty until i recently installed the arty mod. 

I tried the test server (only vanilla install i have now) and hitting 'G' while playing arty did nothing as well. 

Dang !

I must have some remmant of a mod in those files .... arggg ... time for clean install.

See you around !

Aslain #196 Posted Nov 22 2016 - 12:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 88 battles

View PostImaKillYou, on Nov 21 2016 - 21:46, said:

According to Aslain, it's not....

- re-added SafeShot [mod is allowed in Fair Play Policy, confirmed]

So, here we go again with differing policies on the same mod

Not according to me but according to WG Staff. http://forum.worldof...7#entry13403197

ImaKillYou #197 Posted Nov 22 2016 - 19:28

Captain

• Players
  • 27403 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

I just like to give Aslain a shoutout for taking the time to run all the mods in his pack thru WG for approval, and letting us users know what is going on. Too bad WG can't or won't do it and we have to rely on a modpack maker to keep us informed.

Kackwurst #198 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 15:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 45987 battles
  • [_GD_] _GD_

My only Statement in this section is:

Please enlarge the clickbox for autoaim since vanilla autoaim is just a huge pain in the A S S. Ok thats all

DeathWhistler #199 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 02:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 29214 battles

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Nov 15 2016 - 22:37, said:

Dear WG,

I love the idea of cheaters being banned, and welcome this development eagerly, but your "which is why you’ll see us talking about functionality instead of specific mods" is going to cause MASSIVE anger.

When any form of government/authority (as WG is for its game) inflicts harsh punishment upon someone under its jurisdiction, it had better make damned sure that the punishment's justification is well known and fully understood. Punishing people for offenses which are not well known or not understood causes major upset and backlash. 

WG is infamousFAMOUS for being absolutely pathetic at writing clear, concise, unambiguous English text. (Your company seriously needs to hire at least one good Technical Writer, and he/she has to put a major effort into training all of you who produce text that your players read.) Ghost, you know from the past forum posts about the new anti-cheating policy that players are drawing all sorts of conclusions from WG's poorly worded policy text. I cannot imagine that the final policy will be worded any better, because I have never read anything from anyone at WG which struck me as being written by a skilled crafter of the English language.

When you start banning people for using a mod that they interpreted your policy as allowing, but you interpreted your policy as banning, then the forum is going to be deluged with rants from those people who have been banned, followed by page after page of arguments about whether or not specific mods are legal or illegal. WG is going to anger a very large proportion of your user base (pretty much everyone who uses more than a couple of mods).

You MUST be specific about what mods are illegal! You MUSTlist them by name and by exact description, so people will know with 100% certainty whether or not they are allowed to run that mod.  Along with dates and times also.

You might think this sounds like more work that just releasing a policy statement, but believe me, your company will have to do a great deal more work if you release yet another poorly worded, inexact, interpretable-every-which-way policy. In particular, your marketing department will have to do a huge amount of extra work trying to find new customers to replace all the ones who got so angry at your company's arbitrary punishments that they left the game.

If the player base sees that players are being banned for running mods that they genuinely thought were legal -- because your policy was not specific enough -- then every mod-using player in your community is going to think about no longer spending money on your game, in fear that their money will be lost because you suddenly decided that one of their mods was illegal.

Tread very carefully here, because if you mess this up, it could do a great deal of damage to your company.

Very well said Hanz, I think this is what most of the community feels like.   WG needs to listen!!

WG you had better really tread lightly here!!!   And be really sure about what you are banning someone for has been made public and really well known as a few you tube video's could ruin your company if your  wrong about something..  And I don't see it as a matter of IF but WHEN this will happen now...  GL WG but pse tread lightly with this issue here and make sure its VERY well known before you start banning your player base.  Meaning POSING IT HERE on the WOT Fourms FIRST, Not reading it on reddit first then here in a thread.

Edited by DeathWhistler, Nov 24 2016 - 02:44.

Fbomb #200 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 15:57

Captain

• Players
  • 28156 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

View PostKackwurst, on Nov 23 2016 - 09:49, said:

My only Statement in this section is:

Please enlarge the clickbox for autoaim since vanilla autoaim is just a huge pain in the A S S. Ok thats all

I find myself getting killed by other lights in game who OBVIOUSLY are still using AA+. Annoying as...heck

Also tagged with fair Play, Mods

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users