fair Play Mods

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

Plays_With_Matches #241 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 25050 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
I am looking forward to 9.17. Usually a new patch breaks mods and forces most people to reinstall. So a lot of guys out there using mods that were installed when 9.16 came out (and were not consider illegal at that time) may still be on their PCs. 9.17 is probably going to be a clean slate for a lot of players

Blackhorse_Nine_ #242 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 21:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2631 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

Battle Assistant ?

We were under the impression that it had been endorsed by WG and announced as such right here on the forum by a WG Staff guy.

Rumor has it that Battle Assistant was a winning design in a WG mod contest.

Pretty sure I read the statement, but cannot find it now.

Unprofessional #243 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 21:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 15336 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Funny how at one point, recently, WG allowed certain reload mods. Now they're taking it back and banning people for it. Two-faced much?

Isola_di_Fano #244 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 19064 battles

View PostUnprofessional, on Nov 30 2016 - 15:45, said:

Funny how at one point, recently, WG allowed certain reload mods. Now they're taking it back and banning people for it. Two-faced much?

People pushhing the limit. They stopped it all. No big issue.

D_capit_8 #245 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 00:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24625 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
Yea for the crack down on cheater's, I just wanted to thank WoT for giving us back auto-aim! That is what it is called in the game "still"! I couldn't write that in the original post, because it has been closed. It said to come here, so I did. Thank's again...........

Edited by D_capit_8, Dec 01 2016 - 00:19.

CarlVonHassel #246 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 01:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 29759 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostTodSoldat, on Nov 30 2016 - 18:54, said:

If after 24k games you can't figure out how to play without mods then you leaving is the best news I've heard all day

Boy, you're a self righteous prick aren't you. I agree with the others in this forum I'd rather go to the dentist then be in your clan.

TodSoldat #247 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 34413 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View PostCarlVonHassel, on Nov 30 2016 - 19:13, said:

Boy, you're a self righteous prick aren't you. I agree with the others in this forum I'd rather go to the dentist then be in your clan.

Sorry if you can't handle facts. You've got a couple more games in than me but roughly the same amount and I can tank without mods. Just calling things for what they are

CarlVonHassel #248 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 01:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 29759 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostTodSoldat, on Dec 01 2016 - 00:29, said:

Sorry if you can't handle facts. You've got a couple more games in than me but roughly the same amount and I can tank without mods. Just calling things for what they are

And what facts are you referring to? I can play without mods but I don't enjoy it. All I'm asking for is a definitive list of mods that are legal or illegal. If WG is going to ban me from a game that I've spent hundreds of dollars on they better give me a damn good reason with at least some evidence. If WG can detect someone running an illegal mod they certainly can prevent them from logging in until they remove the mod. Their methods are draconian. I don't think asking for clarity is too much to ask for.

TodSoldat #249 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 02:07

Major

• Players
  • 34413 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View PostCarlVonHassel, on Nov 30 2016 - 19:48, said:

And what facts are you referring to? I can play without mods but I don't enjoy it. All I'm asking for is a definitive list of mods that are legal or illegal. If WG is going to ban me from a game that I've spent hundreds of dollars on they better give me a damn good reason with at least some evidence. If WG can detect someone running an illegal mod they certainly can prevent them from logging in until they remove the mod. Their methods are draconian. I don't think asking for clarity is too much to ask for.

"The game mechanics are awful without mods and simply just not playable."

Those were your exact words are you saying they mean something other than what they say?

CarlVonHassel #250 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 02:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 29759 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostTodSoldat, on Dec 01 2016 - 01:07, said:

"The game mechanics are awful without mods and simply just not playable."

Those were your exact words are you saying they mean something other than what they say?

It's called an opinion, not a fact. A fact would be "TodSoldat made 2304 forum posts", an opinion would be "TodSoldat's 2304 forum posts suck".

TodSoldat #251 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 07:08

Major

• Players
  • 34413 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View PostCarlVonHassel, on Nov 30 2016 - 20:41, said:

It's called an opinion, not a fact. A fact would be "TodSoldat made 2304 forum posts", an opinion would be "TodSoldat's 2304 forum posts suck".

No when you say that you can't figure out the game mechanics and that you can't play without mods then it's not opinion it's you stating the fact that you can't play without mods

CarlVonHassel #252 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 20:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 29759 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostTodSoldat, on Dec 01 2016 - 06:08, said:

No when you say that you can't figure out the game mechanics and that you can't play without mods then it's not opinion it's you stating the fact that you can't play without mods

I'm done with this game. (Probably a fact, depending on what WG does with their "fair" play policy) I tried running the game with no mods because I have no freaking clue what is or is not illegal. (fact, I have no clue what is or is not illegal) The game mechanics are awful without mods and simply just not playable. (my opinion) I think Wargaming made an awful decision and users are going to leave in droves. (again my opinion) I spent a boatload of money on this game and I'm furious that I did so. (definitely a fact) Screw them. (my personal thoughts on WG). I hope that clears up my post.

BudEDogg #253 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 03:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13483 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

Well, the thing I have noticed is my game play in light tanks is shifting to more passive scouting versus active scouting.  I can live without the old AutoAim+, but it does seems to be a real challenge to do active spotting.  It seems harder these days to hit "T" to request fire on a target when I am active scouting.  If anyone is having some success doing this while moving laterally at 60 kph, please let me know how it is done.

IMHO, AutoAim+ had some detriments if you were wolfpacking and calling targets, because it would lock on the nearest tank, which may not have been the called target.  Also in that situation, all the tanks in the target group were highlighted, because you could see all of them. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #254 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 07:09

Captain

• Players
  • 17846 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostMisterTarbox, on Nov 30 2016 - 18:30, said:

Sounds like a really fun clan!  do you collect their blood and stool samples too and test for illicit drug usage?

No, they collect that stuff so TodSoldat has something to eat.  :)

the_Deadly_Bulb #255 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 07:18

Captain

• Players
  • 17846 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostTodSoldat, on Nov 30 2016 - 11:06, said:

We've just initiated a policy in clan that if you're popped for an illegal mod you're out. Even tho WG will give a second chance we won't. Our commander uses XVM to track his progress in battle so it doesn't look like we're gonna ban it. I have made it clear to everyone tho that if I find out they are XVM sniping I will do all I can to have them kicked out or demoted, which as PO for our clan it won't be that hard to do lol. Hopefully we can work out our own list of forbidden mods so that we can start checking clan members python logs randomly, they're easy enough to read so it would be an effective way to keep BTB clean

Sounds like your clan's moral compass is anti-magnetic. If your 'supreme commander' uses a mod then its OK? You'll of course use your superior forensic data mining skills to determine if he's XVM sniping and remove him, correct? Maybe that won't work so instead you'll deploy your omnipresent psychic skills? Check the clan's python logs? Check your head (and your entitled WLB privilege).

As Bugs used to say "what a maroon".

heavymetal1967 #256 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 14:36

Major

• Players
  • 59568 battles

View PostAslain, on Nov 22 2016 - 07:51, said:

Not according to me but according to WG Staff. http://forum.worldof...7#entry13403197

View PostScorpiany, on Nov 29 2016 - 21:52, said:

It's a bit strange... still conflicting information; from two sources that haven't had any additional confirmation to them.

First pardon some of my questions as I've been covered up with work and r/l of late so my WoT time has been curtailed quite a bit.  So I'm likely not up to speed on recent developments.

That link by Aslain is from EU, so could it be that we are back to different servers different rules?

And with the above in mind while this policy seems (key word) to be global is the policy actually global.  Second key word policy.

Next question are the banned mod lists global?  Meaning there are no longer any differences between servers re: mods and that what's illegal on one is illegal on all?

Last question.  I noticed tank view extended which shows the field of view or direction that tank is pointing on the minimap is in Aslain's mod pack. And it's renamed from it's previous versions.  This afaik has been banned (at least on NA for quite some time).  So is this now a legal mod or did it slip through. 

Thanks in advance.

vodja #257 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 16:22

Private

• Players
  • 46856 battles
  • [S-A-B] S-A-B
today I ambannedfor 1 hourbecauseI wasizguravaoTenkomorilaterskino70mailhelt
And it happenedto me thatour playertodaydestroyeda tankand notbebanned

G3nst3r #258 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10771 battles
  • [SCRP1] SCRP1

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 02 2016 - 08:36, said:

First pardon some of my questions as I've been covered up with work and r/l of late so my WoT time has been curtailed quite a bit.  So I'm likely not up to speed on recent developments.

That link by Aslain is from EU, so could it be that we are back to different servers different rules?  Everything I have read says, the fair play policy is in affect on all servers, so all mods across the board as they define them illegal are illegal on all servers.

And with the above in mind while this policy seems (key word) to be global is the policy actually global.  Second key word policy.   See my first response, according to them it is. but do we actually know if each region will adhere to that?, I cannot say.

Next question are the banned mod lists global?  Meaning there are no longer any differences between servers re: mods and that what's illegal on one is illegal on all?  Since they have not put out an "official list" and only vague descriptions of mod functions that they say give unfair advantages, i am guessing this is what you mean when you say list.   This goes with the first 2 questions, from the various threads I have been reading regarding this policy, says it applies across the board.

Last question.  I noticed tank view extended which shows the field of view or direction that tank is pointing on the minimap is in Aslain's mod pack. And it's renamed from it's previous versions.  This afaik has been banned (at least on NA for quite some time).  So is this now a legal mod or did it slip through.  Aslain states he has been in contact with WG on what is legal and not legal and is pretty quick to update his mod when they announce stuff.  I do not think he would put his followers/users at risk but things seem to change daily.......

The best advice I can give is if you have any doubt on anything, contact a moderator or submit a ticket;  There are just too many threads and many opinions, go to the source.

Hope this helps

Thanks in advance.

Edited by G3nst3r, Dec 02 2016 - 17:53.

SmirkingGerbil #259 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 33627 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

Searched this topic, haven't found an answer so asking here.

Based on the wording regarding "modifying the environment", would the mod "No Fog" or Fog removal be considered illegal?

The SEA server posted guidelines saying it isn't, but I unchecked this on last Aslain's update, because "modifying the environment" can cover many things.

Just wanting to get clarification.

Thanks!

the_Deadly_Bulb #260 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 21:20

Captain

• Players
  • 17846 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Dec 02 2016 - 18:23, said:

Searched this topic, haven't found an answer so asking here.

Based on the wording regarding "modifying the environment", would the mod "No Fog" or Fog removal be considered illegal?

The SEA server posted guidelines saying it isn't, but I unchecked this on last Aslain's update, because "modifying the environment" can cover many things.

Just wanting to get clarification.

Thanks!

I sure couldn't say for certain, WG probably wont either. If it is 'modifying the environment', and they can tell you're using it to your advantage you'll likely get banned for it.

My question is why would you run this type of mod? Ive never had the 'fog' conceal anyone. With the VR set at 445 m max and 564 m Draw Range its not like the fog makes things hard to see anyway.

Also tagged with fair Play, Mods

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users