Apache1990 #301 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 33090 battles
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE

View PostRawrlynn, on Dec 15 2016 - 04:06, said:

pretty sure the

Mini map mod that shows last known is classified as Illegal 

I think I read it in one of the things WG posted around the Top tanker thing.

I rarely run mods, every now and again run a few just before a big patch then don't run with mods for a long while.   

now I'm mod less again and either way doesn't bother me or effect my game play since I run little things like XVM 

The part you mention means the mods that leave a 'ghost' tank model rendered where a tank was last seen.  Last known location on the minimap was implemented into the game several patches ago.

Guardian00 #302 Posted Dec 18 2016 - 17:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 46831 battles
  • [VETS1] VETS1
I do believe cheating should be done away with but one specific mod for auto aiming lock on was an advantage for some of us with disabilities to have a fair and competitive chance to play with younger faster players that now is gone.  I have tremors and other never disorders from my military time and that one mod auto aim that locked onto tanks that were spotted even behind bldgs/hills or whatever was not cheating as it focused to the center of the tank anyways so not much of a advantage but without it, I am not fast enough to focus nor steady enough to focus on that tank if it's got any speed to it what so ever.  I personally think it should be reinstated for the facts mentioned above, the in game auto aim is crap at best as it might lock on 1 out of 8 times I've tried it.  World of tanks is doing a good thing on Mods that take away trees, leaves or obstacles that give cover now those are clear cheat mods but I see this only hurting regular players while the cheats will continue to cheat.

Cheekyman #303 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 13:41

Captain

• Players
  • 47007 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postasc8u, on Dec 16 2016 - 05:55, said:

snip

Is it really that hard to simply play the game? like really?

Thor_101 #304 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 22:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 32532 battles

View PostThor_101, on Dec 14 2016 - 23:01, said:

So this is what I gather from all the posts on this topic. @GhostPrime please correct me if I am wrong and please fill in the blanks...

Dead White/Grey Tanks - Legal

BattleAssist - Legal

AA+ - Illegal

2D HitSkins - Under Review (i.e. Legal for now)

3D Hitskins - Illigal

Any Reload Indicator - Illegal

Damaged Received Panel - Legal as long as it does not indicate Player name

Visual Mods such as Reticles - Legal

Visual Mods that alter/remove terrain - Illegal

Visual Mods that make terrain features more visible such as indistructable objects or train cars - ???

Directional Hit Indicators (Red Arrows) - Legal

Zoom Out - Legal

Zoom in beyond vanilla - Illegal

MiniMap mods that Show Last known Location - Legal

MiniMap Mods that show direction - Illegal

Garage Mods (Carousel, Armour Skins etc.) - Legal

Safe Shot - Legal

Tank Info Panels (penetration numbers of an enemy gun, the armor for the front/side/rear armor and the weight) - Legal

I am not sure if i am missing any popular mods that are out there.

But I think the players would like to finally get a clear answer of what is allowed and what isn't, rather then these vague guidelines that have been plaguing this issue for way to long.

In addition, seeing the amount of ongoing confusion on this issue I personally believe a three strike Policy rather then two would be more appropriate, with the first one being a simple warning or 1 day ban. Along with at a minimal explanation of what the player did wrong.

There just isn't enough clarity to just outright ban a huge group of your main player base.

It has been almost a week and still no answers...

TheBaldguy #305 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 18:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7132 battles

Block Quote

Enemy gun indicators on the minimap: shows direction where enemies within the draw distance are pointing their guns (on the minimap)

This is, to me, the most wthof the ones listed as allowed. I certainly know why you would want it, but this is quite an advantage as I read it. Or is it not that big of a deal to know if someone is pre-aimed at were you are about/want to pop out?

Though to be fair I don't think many bother even looking at the minimap anyway ...

Lord_Man_Hammer #306 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 19:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5993 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on Nov 18 2016 - 13:59, said:

Full disclosure - your stats don't reflect your usage of mods; they reflect your skill, or lack thereof.

lol typical cancerous reply from a typical elite douchenoodle.   we need more of this right?   Love players that love to show off their stats an lord it over others hoping others will be amazed by them.  It tells me they have nothing else in life.  Have a good summer stat slammer.

moogleslam #307 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 19:55

Major

• Players
  • 30054 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostLord_Man_Hammer, on Dec 22 2016 - 13:33, said:

lol typical cancerous reply from a typical elite douchenoodle.   we need more of this right?   Love players that love to show off their stats an lord it over others hoping others will be amazed by them.  It tells me they have nothing else in life.  Have a good summer stat slammer.

Wow... that was a little uncalled for.  First of all, my response was just a playful reply using the same wording as the poster I was replying to who suggested that mods made players good, and because he didn't use any mods, he was bad.  My reply was in no way an attack on him.  If you look through my posting history on these forums, you'll see plenty posts in the newcomber forum where I like to help people, or where I am defending someone playing tanks they like which get them accused of being a stat padder, etc, etc.  I'd like to think I'm not typical or elite, or a "douchnoodle".  I was an awful player (45%/300WN8) at the start of 2016 and I used mods then.  I still use mods (albeit only one) and now I'm decent.  Mods are entirely unrelated to my improvement.  

As for showing my stats, I don't really care what my stats are; I just care that I have stats because I like them as a historical record of my battles.  I had a wotlabs signature when I was a tomato, and I still have it now, and I always will.  Why in the world would you assume that showing stats equates to having "nothing else in life".  I play basketball so do my box scores mean the same thing?  I have plenty in my life including an awesome S.O. and two wonderful kids, but thanks for your concern.

Have a good summer (winter?), nonsense poster of the day.

Thor_101 #308 Posted Dec 23 2016 - 00:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 32532 battles

View PostTheBaldguy, on Dec 22 2016 - 17:42, said:

This is, to me, the most wthof the ones listed as allowed. I certainly know why you would want it, but this is quite an advantage as I read it. Or is it not that big of a deal to know if someone is pre-aimed at were you are about/want to pop out?

Though to be fair I don't think many bother even looking at the minimap anyway ...

I am not saying I want them or ever would use them. But those are mods I see questioned over and over again without any clarification from Wargamming as to their status. All we get is broad umbrella statements. Most people that use mods know these mods. and with some clearer guidelines it would be easier for those that use mods to know which ones are allowed and which ones aren't.

OlTanker #309 Posted Dec 28 2016 - 06:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12334 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61
While I share your opinion of the travesty that wot calls matchmaking,  your post only expresses juvenile rage rather than a reasoned opinion. I agree that the MM as it is now is about the worst aspect of the game, normally. The persistent lag that the Monday night patch installed IS the worst aspect right now as it made the game unplayable today.

QWERTYEel89 #310 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22111 battles

Q: Enemy direction Indicators. Arrows that point to nearby vehicles and change color when I tank is in a position to shoot you. (Not the turret direction mod) Are they illegal?

I've also seen a mod in which the highlighted target is "illuminated" would this and, for that matter, any mod that alters a vehicle's appearance (even if only while highlighted) to the player be considered dubious?

Posted Image

Edited by QWERTYEel89, Jan 03 2017 - 01:09.

Apache1990 #311 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 01:23

Major

• Players
  • 33090 battles
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE

View PostQWERTYEel89, on Jan 02 2017 - 17:34, said:

Q: Enemy direction Indicators. Arrows that point to nearby vehicles and change color when I tank is in a position to shoot you. (Not the turret direction mod) Are they illegal?

IIRC if the color changes when they have LoS to you, it isn't allowed, since then it's replacing your situational awareness.  The version that just shows the arrows without color highlighting is ok though, as it's effectively the same info as the minimap, just shown in another way.

View PostQWERTYEel89, on Jan 02 2017 - 17:34, said:

I've also seen a mod in which the highlighted target is "illuminated" would this and, for that matter, any mod that alters a vehicle's appearance (even if only while highlighted) to the player be considered dubious?

Spoiler

Those are allowed for now, but may become disallowed in the future (with announcement, presumably), according to the article:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/forbidden-mods/

One More Category: In-Battle Armor Viewers

We believe this functionality (which shows the critical armor zones of a vehicle during battle) provides a significant advantage. Since we didn’t treat it as a cheat in the past, we are not adding it to the "forbidden" list for now. Instead, we're working on our own version of an in-battle armor viewer with genuinely beneficial functions. Once that debuts, the mods that offer this will be added to the list and be banned.

QWERTYEel89 #312 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 06:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22111 battles

View PostApache1990, on Jan 02 2017 - 19:23, said:

IIRC if the color changes when they have LoS to you, it isn't allowed, since then it's replacing your situational awareness.  The version that just shows the arrows without color highlighting is ok though, as it's effectively the same info as the minimap, just shown in another way.

Those are allowed for now, but may become disallowed in the future (with announcement, presumably), according to the article:

I was referring specifically to how the mod claims to "illuminate" the tank, rather than the weakspot skins also feature in the screenshot.

Another Q: There are also mods that allow one more infor on (I'm guessing) their current shot. Such as flight-time deviancy, angle, etc. (not aim-bots or auto-aim which enable looking on to a tank out of direct LOS.) Would these currently be considered a cheat?

Apache1990 #313 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 07:23

Major

• Players
  • 33090 battles
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE

View PostQWERTYEel89, on Jan 03 2017 - 00:22, said:

I was referring specifically to how the mod claims to "illuminate" the tank, rather than the weakspot skins also feature in the screenshot.

I honestly can't tell any difference there visually other than the skin, so I'd assume it's fine (is it just a lighting thing?).

QWERTYEel89 #314 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 07:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22111 battles

View PostApache1990, on Jan 03 2017 - 01:23, said:

I honestly can't tell any difference there visually other than the skin, so I'd assume it's fine (is it just a lighting thing?).

It appears to be so.

Edited by QWERTYEel89, Jan 04 2017 - 03:27.

Horst_von_Usedom #315 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 46449 battles
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD
Keep up the good work.

QWERTYEel89 #316 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 03:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22111 battles

View PostOberst_Langkeit, on Jan 03 2017 - 12:12, said:

Keep up the good work.

Q: Armor Penatration indicator Is it illegal?

Posted Image

Q: There are also mods that allow one more infor on (I'm guessing) their current shot. Such as flight-time deviancy, angle, etc. (not aim-bots or auto-aim which enable looking on to a tank out of direct LOS.) Would these currently be considered a cheat?

Edited by QWERTYEel89, Jan 04 2017 - 03:27.

NL_Celt #317 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 25457 battles

View PostLieutenant_Lurch, on Nov 15 2016 - 17:58, said:

Question: What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

PS - I'm sorry, couldn't help myself.  Thanks for the clarifications!

Is that a European or African swallow? it's important.

Parasitic_Angel #318 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 19311 battles
  • [AGOGE] AGOGE
This has been to long coming I think. I think one thing that would make it even more fair is to have MM pick teams by "Player Stats" not tank stats. To many times I've been on teams with player stats that are below 50% while the enemy team will have players that are over 50% up to a few players over 73% I've played against. If you are on a team that is almost all tomato's going against that team that has players in that 50 to 65% range, it will be a loss 8 to 9 times out of 10 matches. You know what I mean if you have XVM. When your in this situation almost all the time, it doesn't matter how much damage you do because it really means nothing unless your team wins, which doesn't happen. I've also been on teams where my team has 3 heavies and the enemy will have up to nine, and MM thinks that is fair, where as I do not think it is fair. Now some of you out there will say I need to play better, or I suck, or something to that effect, get off your high horses. These are my opinions and I believe them to be true and I know I will be told that I am wrong which will be par for the course.

An_Innocent_Bystander #319 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 04:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 9470 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
To mods: A forum poster just posted that he was banned while only using QuickyBaby's mod pack. Obviously there is no way to prove that he truly was only using it and didn't have knowingly or unknowingly some illegal mod elsewhere. I'm just curious as I have QBs modpack installed for several garage UI improvements it makes, is there any reason to be concerned since I run it? It's the only mod I've ever used. I realize the default answer is "Vanilla is the best option so there is no risk at all" but the garage UI improvements make it immensely more convenient with crews and binos/camo net and improved service record available statistics.

QWERTYEel89 #320 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 08:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22111 battles

View PostQWERTYEel89, on Jan 03 2017 - 21:27, said:

Q: Armor Penatration indicator Is it illegal?

Posted Image

Q: There are also mods that allow one more infor on (I'm guessing) their current shot. Such as flight-time deviancy, angle, etc. (not aim-bots or auto-aim which enable looking on to a tank out of direct LOS.) Would these currently be considered a cheat?

Three days and still haven't gotten an answer.

Edited by QWERTYEel89, Jan 06 2017 - 08:33.

Also tagged with fair Play, Mods

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users