fair Play Mods

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

franco2696 #361 Posted Apr 29 2017 - 18:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 48739 battles
  • [EARCT] EARCT

En mi caso me han acusado de utilizar mods ilegales, según el mensaje enviado "el juego detecto la presencia de dichos mods y se realizo una investigación sobre ello", sin embargo no los uso ni se me especifico cual o cuales fueron detectados, conozco gente que los utiliza y sus cuentas no han sido bloqueadas, por lo que el mensaje "el juego ha detectado" lo considero una farsa, por otro lado posterior a la rehabilitación de la cuenta en una partida contra un TD me dañaron la munición en tres oportunidades consecutivas, en la tercera mi vehículo exploto, sin embargo el jugador no fue sancionado(conozco al TD y no es tan bueno ni el jugador ni el vehículo), es una vergüenza que a los que queremos mejorar nos hagan eso, ahora debo cuidarme de no hacer daño, no usar extintores, ni curar mi tripulación, para que la gente de Wargaming no se enoje por mi progreso y vuelva a sancionarme en forma permanente.  Si utilizara esos mods mi estadísticas serian diferentes, pero siguen siendo una porquería

Warlock__ #362 Posted May 07 2017 - 13:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 70229 battles
  • [USTC] USTC
All this fair policy crap has done is give the Higher Win8s/PR folks back their advantage to where if your not a real skilled player your cannon fodder again.  This was not done to make it fair, it was made to protect their top players and clans.  If you don't like my response tough crap, seems like anyone who takes a different stand in these forums is labelled a troll, fine by me because your full of crap and 3/4s of the normal players know it.  WOT is economically challenged, their money doesn't come from top players anymore, it comes from the middle folks trying to get there.

SI1V3RBU1L3T #363 Posted May 11 2017 - 02:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 13869 battles
Recently i sent a ticket to Wargaming ask of what mods are allowed of the ones I want. After sending it I received a reply of "we don't specify allowed mods" so i'm just gonna sum up what I said in the ticket here, are all Aslain's Modpack mods allowed?

Fbomb #364 Posted May 11 2017 - 12:26

Captain

• Players
  • 29927 battles
Aslain stuff always safe

SI1V3RBU1L3T #365 Posted May 11 2017 - 23:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 13869 battles

View PostFbomb, on May 11 2017 - 11:26, said:

Aslain stuff always safe

Is this true can we got some more experienced players or maybe some mods or something saying this too?

TheRealPigVomit #366 Posted May 12 2017 - 13:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 37517 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
I use Aslain's modpack and believe it to be totally safe. I think Aslain goes through significant steps to ensure the modpack won't get you banned. That said Wargaming has been so vague with what specific mods are allowed or not allowed that you can never be sure.

Edited by CarlVonHassel, May 13 2017 - 19:32.

Fbomb #367 Posted May 12 2017 - 16:40

Captain

• Players
  • 29927 battles
He goes the extra mile to ensure that...he shows email exchanges with WG staff, etc. When a mod is announced as a 'no-go', he announces same, and yanks it

SI1V3RBU1L3T #368 Posted May 13 2017 - 17:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 13869 battles

View PostFbomb, on May 12 2017 - 15:40, said:

He goes the extra mile to ensure that...he shows email exchanges with WG staff, etc. When a mod is announced as a 'no-go', he announces same, and yanks it

View PostCarlVonHassel, on May 12 2017 - 12:21, said:

I use Aslain's modpack and believe it to be totally safe. I think Aslain goes through significant steps to ensure the modpack won't get you banned. That said Wargaming has been so vague with what specific mods are allowed of not allowed that you can never be sure.

Thanks guys i even asked Aslain and he said this too

GomerPhile #369 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:07

Private

• Players
  • 22804 battles
  • [GUTS] GUTS

When I first started playing this game, I thought there was funny stuff going on, and reported it. I was told you can't hack in this game.

Now that we all know that the WORLD OF TANKS crapholes were lying. Since the WORLD OF TANKS  crapholes lied to us, shouldn't everyone's stats be revised to reflect the cheating and hacking that was going on?

have a nice day liars.

DVK9 #370 Posted May 24 2017 - 21:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26148 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View PostGomerPhile, on May 19 2017 - 14:07, said:

When I first started playing this game, I thought there was funny stuff going on, and reported it. I was told you can't hack in this game.

Now that we all know that the WORLD OF TANKS crapholes were lying. Since the WORLD OF TANKS  crapholes lied to us, shouldn't everyone's stats be revised to reflect the cheating and hacking that was going on?

have a nice day liars.

Pile your a Genius.

Now go scrub the latrine.

WG left the game open for mods. At first they didnt care which mods until those certain ones made their appearance on the russian server and quickly spread. They still dont care but they do go around banning players using certain mods every now and then.

omega3601 #371 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 00:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36735 battles
  • [ONION] ONION

just wonder if this thing " direction indicator" legal?

thx 

Attached Files

• Attached File   2.jpg   74.6K

Apache1990 #372 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 14:18

Major

• Players
  • 35603 battles

View Postomega3601, on Jun 04 2017 - 18:39, said:

just wonder if this thing " direction indicator" legal?

thx 

IIRC the version with different colors for tanks in LoS vs behind terrain is not allowed, but just the indicators themselves were ok (based on the rationale that the first is telling you info you'd otherwise have to check yourself, but the other is just another way of showing what is already available on the minimap.

_ROTEN_ #373 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 14:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38053 battles
  • [QU] QU

View PostGhostPrime, on Nov 15 2016 - 14:48, said:

Hello Tankers,

Many of you have had questions about this policy so far. We gathered your questions from here, and other places and these are the responses we received from HQ. I hope this clears up some of the confusion. 

Question: The ability to lock onto a target that isn’t highlighted, is that illegal?

• Answer: This is now considered a cheat.

Question: Why not just get rid of all mods?

• Answer: We love mods, we just find some of the mods functions create an unfair advantage, which is why you’ll see us talking about functionality instead of specific mods.

Question: Can Wargaming ban me without giving reason and/or evidence?

• Answer: When we ban someone for using cheats, we state in the message that a forbidden game function was used. We don’t provide any details on when a player was detected or what kind of cheat was detected because we don’t want to compromise our detection methods. It’s actually a widespread thing in the gaming industry – for example, VAC bans work in a similar way.

Question: Why not just ban people outright for using cheats?

• Answer: Striking down the hammer is permanent. We want to give people an opportunity to course correct and continue to enjoy World of Tanks 

Question: When will the cheat detection system start working?

• Answer: It is up and running

Question: Do Warnings/Bans/Points on your account ever get removed or reset?

• Answer: It's 2 strikes and you’re out. For the first offense, the player gets a 7-day ban, for the 2nd – permaban. There are no plans to reset flags over a time period for now.

Question: Is Arty Battle Assist still approved by Wargaming to use?

• Answer: Yes, we’re still okay with it.

Question: What about the function that shows and calculates Camo and detectability rating in-game?

• Answer: This is currently under consideration

Question: Can we use mods that change the color of destroyed tanks?

• Answer: Yes, you can use mods that change the color of destroyed tanks.

Question: Can I use a mod that allows me to zoom out more?

• Answer: Yes, you can use a mod which allows you to zoom out further from your own tank.

Question: Are reload timers illegal?
Answer: Yes.

Please let us know of any further questions you may have in this thread. 

​well sir your cheat detection system is broken just like the contacts list, since we were running strongholds and me and my clan were laughing at how this guy was shooting me from across the map and thru a rock, you might want to check out your cheat detection system for bugs.

jolynuk #374 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 20:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 48 battles
WOT should perhaps police itself. I'm sick and tired of playing "random" battles and going on 10 game losing streaks because of the predictably low seedings to follow if you actually have some success. Strangely, WOT continues to struggle with the notion of gamer mods by players looking to gain an advantage in a reversion to the average environment. Stop trying to bleed cash out of your gamers for the Bank of WOT and you might have more equality!!!!!!!!!   

GEN_GSP #375 Posted Jul 04 2017 - 05:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 27239 battles
Detection criteria for friendly kill needs to be revised.

Tonight, I had a light tank pass my M6 on a bridge after I moved to the side to let him pass (I didn't slow down).  After bouncing into the side of my tank once or twice as he passed, he finally cut over in-front of me before he cleared me.  The rear end of his tank hit the front end of mine.  He lost control and drove over the side of the bridge into the water and died.

​The friendly kill logic of the game recorded this as a friendly kill, gave me a -1 for the game, and turned me blue for the next 10 battles.  This is not right.  

Apache1990 #376 Posted Jul 04 2017 - 08:04

Major

• Players
  • 35603 battles

View PostGEN_GSP, on Jul 03 2017 - 23:32, said:

Detection criteria for friendly kill needs to be revised.

Tonight, I had a light tank pass my M6 on a bridge after I moved to the side to let him pass (I didn't slow down).  After bouncing into the side of my tank once or twice as he passed, he finally cut over in-front of me before he cleared me.  The rear end of his tank hit the front end of mine.  He lost control and drove over the side of the bridge into the water and died.

​The friendly kill logic of the game recorded this as a friendly kill, gave me a -1 for the game, and turned me blue for the next 10 battles.  This is not right.  

All team kills, accidental or otherwise, give you a -1, it doesn't really hurt anything.  And generally, only you'll see that you're blue in the first instance, unless you do more team damage in the meantime.  It's there as an indicator to be careful not to cause more damage till it wears off.

As long as you keep playing normally and avoid intentional friendly damage, you won't be penalized except for the small credit/xp fine for the match it happens in.

Pappy1961 #377 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 17:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13340 battles
  • [MUG-F] MUG-F

Ticket #1093914

Category:
WoT
Sub-category:
In-Game Goods
I would like to officially request the return of all premium time, silver and gold that I have purchased since the date WG did the patch a couple months ago where they trashed out the friends and contact lists. During this time frame I have continued to play, I rely heavily on my contacts list which stays near the 300 mark to enjoy my gameplay and to run my clans. WG has made that part impossible with the code mistakes they have made in the patches. You turned my T54 lightweight tank from a tier 8 to a WORTHLESS tier 9 tank which I had to sell for WAY LESS THAN HALF the price I put into it. I BOUGHT WITH REAL MONEY AND PREMIUM TIME the silver and gold to to research, crew aND TRAIN UP THE CREW TO GET THIS TANK THE WAY i WANTED IT JUST SO WG COULD ruin AND MAKE IT A totally unplayable IN CLAN WARS AND STRONGHOLDS TIER 8, THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON I WORKED SO HARD TO ATTAIN THIS TANK!! I feel that wargaming OWES ITS USERS BETTER SERVICE when it comes to NOT CHANGING THE ITEMS THE PLAYERS HAVE WORKED HARD TO ATTAIN!! As of yet I have not contacted the BBB or an Attorney, I have however researched it a bit and found out that the BBB in California has already got several complaints about WG and the WOT game due to just such as this. I have experienced during th past few months FIRED SHELLS DISAPPEARING in front of my face when fired at POINT BLANK RANGE at enemy tanks, the gun fires, and NOTHING!! I PAID REAL WORLD MONEY FOR THE SILVER TO BUY THOSE PREMIUM ROUNDS AND THE JUST FARTED AWAY WITH NO EFFECT!!! I have submitted ticket during this time frame concerning the problems and as yet WG just closes the tickets WITHOUT addressing the problems in the replies, you just close the tickets. Honestly, I think a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT MIGHT BE A BETTER ANSWER.... But for myself, right now first, I am requesting a full refund of all in game items used from the date of wargamings contact list screw up patch to the day they got it working again, which was this last patch. So very near a 2 month time-frame here is in question. PLEASE DO NOT just blow off this request and close this ticket. IF that is what you do I will be left no choice but to try and rally support for a group lawsuit against wargaming. Please advise as to what if anything wargaming is willing to do to try and make right the wrongs they have been doing to the player base. I await a reply to this ticket and DO HOPE YOU DO NOT JUST CLOSE IT!!!

Answered
REOPENCLOSE

Replies

Jonathan Daley 

Hi Pappy1961,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Wargaming support!

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused by the loss of your contacts list and chat. This is not the experience we would like our players to have when playing our game.

While we agree that the ability to be able to contact your friends and clan mates through the in-game chat system is important, it is not at all necessary for the game to function. Players are still able to enter battles and modify their tanks as normal even with the absence of a chat function. Furthermore, alternate applications such as team speak can be used temporarily in the absence of the in-game chat to communicate with your friends and clan mates. Please keep in mind that the chat system is only used for communication and does not prevent a player from entering a battle or using any of their purchased items and/or tanks.

In regards to your concern about the changes made to light tanks such as your T-54 ltwt., please keep in mind that as part of the End User Licence Agreement that was agreed upon by players when creating your account, Wargaming from time to time may need to (a) deploy or provide patches, updates, additional content or other modifications to the Software (for example to enhance online gameplay, to add new features or to resolve software bugs); and (b) remove or suspend access to particular features, content or other parts of the Game. You can find the EULA here.

As for any issues you are experiencing while in battle such as ghost shells, kindly provide us with replays of the battles where you encountered these issues so we can take a look. To check if your client is set up for recording your battles, please select your "Settings" option and then check to see if the mark "enable battle recording" is checked.

If it is not, then you have not been recording any of your battles. To enable it, simply check it. After that, all your battles will be recorded and saved to the "replays" folder within your World of Tanks game directory. After selecting this battle recording option, please restart your game.

If you have been recording battles, then to access a replay, navigate to:

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\replays

Replays are listed in order by Date/Time/Country/Tank/Map

For example:

20160501_1858_usa-Sherman_Jumbo_10_hills

On May 1 2016 at 6:58PM A USA tank Sherman Jumbo was played on Hills.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to visit Frequently Asked Questions. Good luck, have fun & happy tanking!

Best Regards,

Jonathan Daley

Wargaming America Support

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Join Wargaming for an Epic Summer at the Let’s Battle Tour!
• August: Massive WWII reenactment at D-Day Ohio
• September: Aboard the USS Lexington in Texas

Pappy1961 
You failed to address the fact that due to contact list malfunction, we have also been UNABLE TO PLATOON WITH FRIENDS... an advertised selling point.... We can not message each other... we can not platoon... WE cannot do some of the items the game is promoted around. I THINK real world money requires meeting the "advertised" product requirements doesn't it? OR is false advertising ok so long as get our money?

Manny Dobbs 

Hi Pappy1961,

Thanks for writing back. Allow me to look into this for you.

We truly apologize about the inconvenience that this issue has caused you.

However, please note that we can only we are unable to provide a reimbursement/compensation of any kind for this issue. Please know that we strive to maintain fair and balanced support for all players across all servers. For this reason, such compensation is only provided server-wide and not for individual concerns.

What I'd advise here is that you stay tuned on our website as we would definitely post there if there will be a compensation for the Contact List issue.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to check out our Support page by clicking this link.

Have a good day.

Best Regards,

Manny Dobbs

cumangetsom #378 Posted Jul 24 2017 - 00:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 842 battles

why r the teams so one sided  its not a joke it actually realy demoralizing to loose game after game by being rolled tell me why this is going on 

CaptCaveman60 #379 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 19:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54497 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-
You talk about fair play, please how me one instance why Wag Gaming is fair, is it MM, or Maybe RNG, or maybe if you leave the game where they take evrything you earn and then make you pay extra for ammo and repaires, and before you say anything if you are allowed to do it by program, you should not be penalized, it's called Micro Managing, if i want to leave the game because of there poor MM,  i should be allowed, people might not like it and call you names, but it's not something you are doing outside the program, they are stealing from you, thats a fact. same as shooting team members, it's called micro managing, if they don't want you do do any of theses 2 things why is it in the program, they are setting you up to fail. i don't like either one of these things but like i said it's BS, for real this and so many other things is what is killing the NA server, its not about the game anymore, it's dangeling the next shinny thing in front of your face, and calling it an improvement. this is just my viewpoint, yes i could unistall, but thats going to fix the game?

CaptCaveman60 #380 Posted Jul 25 2017 - 19:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54497 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-
You talk about fair play, please how me one instance why Wag Gaming is fair, is it MM, or Maybe RNG, or maybe if you leave the game where they take evrything you earn and then make you pay extra for ammo and repaires, and before you say anything if you are allowed to do it by program, you should not be penalized, it's called Micro Managing, if i want to leave the game because of there poor MM,  i should be allowed, people might not like it and call you names, but it's not something you are doing outside the program, they are stealing from you, thats a fact. same as shooting team members, it's called micro managing, if they don't want you do do any of theses 2 things why is it in the program, they are setting you up to fail. i don't like either one of these things but like i said it's BS, for real this and so many other things is what is killing the NA server, its not about the game anymore, it's dangeling the next shinny thing in front of your face, and calling it an improvement. this is just my viewpoint, yes i could unistall, but wow if my forefathers had unistalled, i would be speaking 

Also tagged with fair Play, Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users