issue tankskin fading custom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TaskMasterSharpe #1 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:30

Private

• Players
  • 7120 battles
  • [IVI] IVI

Hey everyone, just started to make my own skins for WoT and so far I love being creative and trying new cool stuff. But I seem to have bumped into an issue. Upon posting a skin onto the vehicle I get an issue when you zoom out the skin fades away and the original skin for the tank is visible again. It seems to be something with the files, but I'm not entirely sure, and I'm hoping someone might have an answer as to what is causing it.
I use paint.net to change the skins and I've been trying to only skin HD tanks so far.

-Thanks! 

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #2 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:39

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

gotta mod the SD file as well

skin both the SD and HD file to avoid that issue.

easy way to copy HD to SD,  copy it (select all) in paint.net  and paste it over the SD, then shrink the size (keep porportions) to fit SD

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #3 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Nov 17 2016 - 22:39, said:

gotta mod the SD file as well

skin both the SD and HD file to avoid that issue.

easy way to copy HD to SD,  copy it (select all) in paint.net  and paste it over the SD, then shrink the size (keep porportions) to fit SD

Basically this. I'm going to use my Sherman Firefly skin as an example here. It basically "needs" both the SD and HD Versions to work, as such.

If perhaps for some reason you're missing the SD Version, you can just shrink the HD Version by half the size and then save it without the _hd suffix (?) at the end, as such (note that the original widthxheight of the Firefly hull is 2048x2048);

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy_NA, Nov 17 2016 - 23:51.

TaskMasterSharpe #4 Posted Nov 17 2016 - 22:49

Private

• Players
  • 7120 battles
  • [IVI] IVI
Alright! I'll try it out and see if it works. If not ADMINS do not resolve or close this topic. 

Also tagged with issue, tankskin, fading, custom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users