Jump to content


Why do teams not get points for Technical Victories

Technical Victory

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FASTHatTrick #1 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 03:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22899 battles
  • 47
  • [F-3] F-3
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
Is there a way to submit a ticket to receive points for technical victories?  Or are clans that show up for a battle in a ladder getting penalized if the other team doesn't show?

Attached Thumbnails



pflynhi #2 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 03:45

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27758 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    08-13-2012

Here's the penalty system, hope it helps

http://worldoftanks....uide/penalties/

 

 



_FaTaL #3 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 14:53

    Captain

  • WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34397 battles
  • 1,223
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
You do not get points for tech victories, but the other team gets penalized if they no show 2 or more times within a 3 day period.

Yankee #4 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 14:54

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32340 battles
  • 9,470
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
The reason is that it would be too easy to exploit.

NeZiak #5 Posted Nov 29 2016 - 16:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16392 battles
  • 166
  • [POSHY] POSHY
  • Member since:
    03-17-2013
When a clan does not show up for a battle it hurts both clans. The clan that is ready to battle ends up losing fame points due to the technical victory because there is no battle until the next round. Especially clans that do not have multiple teams. The clan that is a no show will receive a penalty. Fine. So, in all actuality both clans receive a penalty. In my honest opinion WG should give the clan ready to battle 50 fame points to cover for the tech victory. 

Edited by NeZiak, Nov 29 2016 - 16:16.


Georgietheprincess #6 Posted Nov 29 2016 - 18:51

    Captain

  • WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 33922 battles
  • 1,610
  • Member since:
    12-30-2012

View PostNeZiak, on Nov 29 2016 - 10:08, said:

When a clan does not show up for a battle it hurts both clans. The clan that is ready to battle ends up losing fame points due to the technical victory because there is no battle until the next round. Especially clans that do not have multiple teams. The clan that is a no show will receive a penalty. Fine. So, in all actuality both clans receive a penalty. In my honest opinion WG should give the clan ready to battle 50 fame points to cover for the tech victory. 

 

again as Yankee said, its simply to easy to exploit, just have a bunch of puppet clans no show to your battles and bam free fame points.

NeZiak #7 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 15:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16392 battles
  • 166
  • [POSHY] POSHY
  • Member since:
    03-17-2013

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Nov 29 2016 - 17:51, said:

 

again as Yankee said, its simply to easy to exploit, just have a bunch of puppet clans no show to your battles and bam free fame points.

 

The penalty system will only allow so many no show battles for a single clan. Rack up penalties and you might as well just stop chipping land.

BoilerBandsman #8 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 22:11

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11354 battles
  • 1,133
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011

View PostNeZiak, on Nov 30 2016 - 09:10, said:

 

The penalty system will only allow so many no show battles for a single clan. Rack up penalties and you might as well just stop chipping land.

 

That's why you use puppet clans, they have no need to chip past the initial tech feeding. 

 

I can see both sides, as the combination of tech penalties and the gold cost to make new clans would act as a brake on this sort of thing. The biggest issue would be someone with the keys to several pre-existing mostly dead clans, because no one has to pay to create them. Perhaps you could cap how much you get tech fame from a given clan in a certain period. 



FASTHatTrick #9 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 23:52

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22899 battles
  • 47
  • [F-3] F-3
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

Well, the "Blooming Reticle" hack is popular this campaign, I know we have turned in several replays, and granted, we have only lost points twice to Tehcnical Victories.

 

What I would really like to see, is 15 v 15 battles at Tier VI and VIII.   It really is a crap shoot with strats trying to cover maps designed for 30 tanks with only 6 or 10 tanks.   



Bomber2994 #10 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 04:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20084 battles
  • 75
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    08-19-2012

View PostFASTHatTrick, on Nov 30 2016 - 17:52, said:

Well, the "Blooming Reticle" hack is popular this campaign

 

I guess i'm out of the loop, but how does this blooming reticle "hack" work and/or what is it suppose to do?

redemption #11 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 16:41

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 13367 battles
  • 107
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    07-13-2010

View PostFASTHatTrick, on Nov 30 2016 - 17:52, said:

Well, the "Blooming Reticle" hack is popular this campaign, I know we have turned in several replays, and granted, we have only lost points twice to Tehcnical Victories.  

 







Also tagged with Technical Victory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users