Shorter WAIT times, PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

GermanMade #1 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 15:53

Captain

• Players
  • 29908 battles
  • [_-W-_] _-W-_

WG, what is the reason for having a 15 min battle ready window for campaigns?   Please consider for future campaigns, to lower the wait time to 5 mins.   The only thing this would change is the ability of one team to possibly battle two landings at the same time.

5 min ready windows would really lower the pain of a long campaign.   Who needs 15 mins to ready a team at Tier 6 or Tier 8?   Just a lot of waiting around. You already do this for Tourneys, why not CWs?   If you want to leave round 1 at 15 mins, fine, but after that, lower the wait time.    Make this fast and fun.

Here is what I love:   Team get Tech Vic, now waits 15 min for battle window, now waits 15 mins for start, Win battle, gets bye on next round. WAITS LONG TIME for next battle.    How is this FUN?   

You might see an increase in player interest.  

Also*  Please consider:   If a landing owner moves division off landing, then FINAL battle in landing Tourney should be 5xs.   You got players waiting in a landing tourney for several hours only to lose out on a 5xs battle.   The entire reason for battling is gone.    At least make is visible on the map for the campaign if a division is moved off a landing.

Edited by GermanMade, Nov 23 2016 - 15:54.

CarryingYou #2 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 15:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5916 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Better safe than sorry?

Cheekyman #3 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 16:08

Captain

• Players
  • 46158 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Because of simultaneous battles, and multiple landing tournaments that happen.

This gives teams much needed time to organize multiple teams, battles, strategies. 

Shorter times would be complete chaos for active clans that fight a lot of battles.

Organizing 4-5 simuls during tier 6 and 8 campaigns in 5, or even 10 mins would be extremely stressful.

Sure if you are doing just 1 battle at a time it is annoying to sit there and wait after going over the strat, but its a small price to pay. 

Anyway, you can just go to the bathroom or grab a coffee,/drink.. maybe a snack, or fresh air while you wait. Breaks are good

I mean during cw's I ended up doing some much needed stuff around the house when there was time.

Besides, shortening the special battle window time would not really change anything.. you still have to wait for battles in each time zone to happen.

The difference being you would wait longer and have less time to prepare.

Efyl4aggin_Odanrov #4 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 17:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22955 battles
  • [RT99] RT99
Well I still think that there should still be the 10-15 min count down because of the chance of filling up more games in the timezone, but I wish there would be a countdown button wait or ready up timer so we can go into games when both teams are ready like it should be.

xrays_ #5 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 17:51

Major

• Players
  • 41336 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

On Monday night, I played 6+ hours of CW, and maybe two pub battles in between. Not once did I complain. I also managed to increase my rank by about 500 positions in that single night of battles, so it was worth it. While I agree that sometimes it feels like a long wait, it's not like you have to be staring at your screen the whole time. Get up, walk around, grab some food, watch a hockey game, kiss your wife/gf/dog/etc...

Remember that just because you are sitting there waiting it doesn't mean the other team isn't scrambling to find players and organize their tanks. The 15-minute window is just that, a window of time before the match actually begins. If your clan allows it, and you feel confident enough, go ahead and play some more pub battles while you're waiting. I'm sure the other team won't mind. Just be sure you don't get banned! Ooops! If your clan wants you to sit and wait, then you either do it... or don't.

x.

FunkeeJunk #6 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 18:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13575 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD
Just adjust like the Stronghold attacks, if both teams ready up, away you go.

xrays_ #7 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 41336 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostFunkeeJunk, on Nov 23 2016 - 12:28, said:

Just adjust like the Stronghold attacks, if both teams ready up, away you go.

And then the next match against a different team? How do you handle that?

THINK about it first. It works in SH battles because it's the same Clan/team match after match in a given time period. CW is between different Clans over a pre-scheduled bracket and time frame. Seriously, do people just think about themselves all the time, and nothing else?

x.

BoilerBandsman #8 Posted Nov 23 2016 - 21:18

Captain

• Players
  • 11370 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
For the record, you can see the holder's division on the map once the tourney starts, since you're considered to have a division in that land as well. You can't see it to decide chipping, but you can at least plan a bit ahead once you're in. 

FeelMy_APCR #9 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 02:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26623 battles
There's no need for a shorter wait time, however an option to begin the battle earlier, IF both teams are ready, sounds like a good compromise.

FunkeeJunk #10 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 03:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13575 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View Postxrays_, on Nov 23 2016 - 20:44, said:

And then the next match against a different team? How do you handle that?

THINK about it first. It works in SH battles because it's the same Clan/team match after match in a given time period. CW is between different Clans over a pre-scheduled bracket and time frame. Seriously, do people just think about themselves all the time, and nothing else?

x.

Still have the battles pop at the scheduled time, starting when both teams are ready just means you don't have to sit in queue window for 12+ mins if both are ready.  Is the only option your brain can imagine one that requires you insulting other people?

xrays_ #11 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 04:43

Major

• Players
  • 41336 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostFunkeeJunk, on Nov 23 2016 - 21:34, said:

Is the only option your brain can imagine one that requires you insulting other people?

How was that an insult? I simply asked a question.

x.

NeZiak #12 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 09:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16392 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY
Anyone expierience a time glitch during the CW last night 11/23/16? Short time in between battles? The global map would not refresh. We had only 6 to 7 minutes between battles and missed one battle because of this glitch. 

ColdSteel5a #13 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 10:08

Captain

• Players
  • 29394 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_

Well, if you're fielding one team, a short wait time makes sense.

However, if you have 3-4 teams going, and the battles don't all pop at the same time, that 4 minute difference becomes big when choosing up teams.  You get a different side of a map, you need a different comp.  Playing a clan that Turtles, now you need the arty player in a different battle.     

I think the biggest positive change is the offset battle times - having half the fights at the 15/45 minute mark give a great opportunity to get more fights in and mitigates the frustration from the occasional tech vics.

Heck, go run a pub if it's that annoying.  Or find someone who can come up with good youtube clips to share with the team.

FunkeeJunk #14 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 17:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13575 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View Postxrays_, on Nov 23 2016 - 20:44, said:

Seriously, do people just think about themselves all the time, and nothing else?

View Postxrays_, on Nov 24 2016 - 04:43, said:

How was that an insult? I simply asked a question.

That last question certainly comes off insulting.  Reducing queue time by starting if both teams are ready in no way has to affect when the battle pops.  Everyone wins.  Yet your assumption, seriously, was people only think of themselves.

cloudwalkr #15 Posted Dec 06 2016 - 03:45

Major

• Players
  • 50081 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View PostGermanMade, on Nov 23 2016 - 15:53, said:

WG, what is the reason for having a 15 min battle ready window for campaigns?   Please consider for future campaigns, to lower the wait time to 5 mins.   The only thing this would change is the ability of one team to possibly battle two landings at the same time.

5 min ready windows would really lower the pain of a long campaign.   Who needs 15 mins to ready a team at Tier 6 or Tier 8?   Just a lot of waiting around. You already do this for Tourneys, why not CWs?   If you want to leave round 1 at 15 mins, fine, but after that, lower the wait time.    Make this fast and fun.

Here is what I love:   Team get Tech Vic, now waits 15 min for battle window, now waits 15 mins for start, Win battle, gets bye on next round. WAITS LONG TIME for next battle.    How is this FUN?   

You might see an increase in player interest.  

Also*  Please consider:   If a landing owner moves division off landing, then FINAL battle in landing Tourney should be 5xs.   You got players waiting in a landing tourney for several hours only to lose out on a 5xs battle.   The entire reason for battling is gone.    At least make is visible on the map for the campaign if a division is moved off a landing.

What you have said is logical and i would be on board with.  As such, WG rejects your logic and inserts their own.

Rommel85 #16 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 17:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22822 battles
  • [_D_] _D_
I hate the long wait times as well.  I always wished they would make it faster like the tournaments as well.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users