• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Shukka #61 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 23:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13071 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostRed_Ensign, on Nov 26 2016 - 14:49, said:

arty DOES punish campers.  but until the campers are spotted, they have to shoot at someone.  annnnnd you happened to be spotted and predictable.  annnnnd here's your post.

It doesn't punish campers, it creates camping, slow tanks cannot defend against arty if they try to make a move to a new position they are subject to artillery fire.

Shukka #62 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 23:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13071 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostHerr_Klug, on Nov 27 2016 - 17:09, said:

I think the real mistake was when they kept adding arty tiers. When I started in closed beta arty went to tier 5. They then added 6 & 7 and eventually 8. Then they figured since they brought TD's and Med's up to tier 10 they might as well do it for Arty as well. If they left it at tier 7 (or even 5 for that matter) would we really be having all these threads? Yes, because people used to complain about being perma tracked back in the day and Hummels driving around shotgunning people in the face.

I remember also back in beta as well. I agree with you on this, you're right, there probably would not be this issue that is happening now.

Shukka #63 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 00:02

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13071 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostGuido1212, on Nov 28 2016 - 09:14, said:

It's a trash game mechanic.

Random damage from the red line in a PvP game with no threat of retaliation is terrible game design.

I couldn't have said it better.

A friend of mine says all the time, "Arty in a match is like getting sucker punched by the Ref."

782GearUSMC #64 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 28894 battles

Block Quote

"How arty makes the game more Dynamic."

It doesn't...never has. 

Donward #65 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 00:09

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostShukka, on Jan 02 2017 - 15:02, said:

I couldn't have said it better.

A friend of mine says all the time, "Arty in a match is like getting sucker punched by the Ref."

It's always hilarious how people with ANIMEA avatars are the most likely to not be able to cope with arty as a basic gameplay mechanic.

This says a lot.

#REMOVEANIMEA!!!

ignibus #66 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 22:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13612 battles
  • [DINO] DINO

View PostShukka, on Nov 26 2016 - 18:12, said:

Not a QQ post, I'm not one to post on the forums very often, but sometimes I feel the urge to ask questions, just wonder peoples opinions on this, because I feel that I can come up with a one to one reason why they don't help the game play at all!

Please, you're simply exposing yourself as someone who does not see anything past their nose. Wipe it and try again.

Motok0 #67 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 22:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 16463 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

Remove SPGS.

scHnuuudle_bop #68 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 23:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 22284 battles
It is in place to upset people like this alternate account troll 

View PostMotok0, on Jan 03 2017 - 22:52, said:

Remove SPGS.

Artillery is dynamic because it makes me continually go out and play it just hoping to find this guy and perma track him.

It is in the game, as has been stated multiple times, to keep the game moving, it helps the team by discouraging enemy  players from staying put while holding up the team, in key points.

People just do not like it because, the class interferes with their winning. Some are sad because it isn't fair that someone takes  HP without being seen . 

A TD  sitting at the back of the map, does exactly the same thing. Invisible, aim and click , aim and click, farming far more damage than a SPG, No way to retaliate against him either. You cannot shoot what you cannot see.

But people cry rivers of tears about the arty class, and never when the same thing happens to them 3 times a much with other classes. This is one constant refrain, I can't retaliate. 

Sorry, players retaliate against me ALL the time. And it works just the same as the invisible clicker cancer tank destroyer. Spot the TD or artillery and shoot. There is an entire sub set of tanks and players who hunt artillery, no other class has that distinction. We have little to no armor, usually have our heads down looking to support our team. So are easy to sneak up on. Td's can defend themselves, not so much with artillery.

Other tanks can 1 shot kill artillery all the time, but do we cry and whine about that, nope.

WG is not going to do anything, They re-balanced this past summer, lowered the damage potential of many arty, increased their visibility, increased spotting abilities of many maneuver tanks, increased armor of many tanks,  changed maps to give more cover. The next update will change MM to limit arty to 3 per team .

Nothing other is going to happen, 80-% of players have artillery in their garage, of that 90% play the class on a regular basis. Just the business case of having to pay back all those players the investment they have made is enough to ensure, all the crying is not going to change anything. 

There is a vocal and toxic minority who continually troll these forums to try to get rid of the class. They believe that a constant barrage of whines will change things, all they do is look foolish and waste time. The only debate points they use is stats, people should not debate on these forums unless they have played a certain amount of games or n=have a certain statistical standing, 

Not reaching these levels also invalidates any comment they may make. 

It is like someone who hates ice cream saying that because of their problem, no should have ice cream.

This fellow above cannot play around them, so he complains. He set up this alternate account and ground his way up 1 line of arty to prove it was easy to play, and show only newbies play artillery.

He has just proven that anyone with map and game knowledge can grind their way up any class any line in 23 days, and they are all easy and all can be played by newbies.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Jan 03 2017 - 23:29.

Shukka #69 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 02:05

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13071 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View Postignibus, on Jan 03 2017 - 16:49, said:

Please, you're simply exposing yourself as someone who does not see anything past their nose. Wipe it and try again.

Nice argument you have there, please go back to your kindergarten room and just observe. Also I have played arty and I think they are way OP, I stopped playing them and sold them. I guess any monkey can sit in one spot barely moving their mouse to go for that large alpha damage. It creates camping and stagnation not the other way around. Apparently you have not read through any of these posts just cam to the first one and automatically knew everything that went on by only replying to my OP. 

Shukka #70 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 02:14

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13071 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:24, said:

Artillery is dynamic because it makes me continually go out and play it just hoping to find this guy and perma track him.

It is in the game, as has been stated multiple times, to keep the game moving, it helps the team by discouraging enemy  players from staying put while holding up the team, in key points.

People just do not like it because, the class interferes with their winning. Some are sad because it isn't fair that someone takes  HP without being seen . 

A TD  sitting at the back of the map, does exactly the same thing. Invisible, aim and click , aim and click, farming far more damage than a SPG, No way to retaliate against him either. You cannot shoot what you cannot see.

But people cry rivers of tears about the arty class, and never when the same thing happens to them 3 times a much with other classes. This is one constant refrain, I can't retaliate. 

Sorry, players retaliate against me ALL the time. And it works just the same as the invisible clicker cancer tank destroyer. Spot the TD or artillery and shoot. There is an entire sub set of tanks and players who hunt artillery, no other class has that distinction. We have little to no armor, usually have our heads down looking to support our team. So are easy to sneak up on. Td's can defend themselves, not so much with artillery.

Other tanks can 1 shot kill artillery all the time, but do we cry and whine about that, nope.

WG is not going to do anything, They re-balanced this past summer, lowered the damage potential of many arty, increased their visibility, increased spotting abilities of many maneuver tanks, increased armor of many tanks,  changed maps to give more cover. The next update will change MM to limit arty to 3 per team .

Nothing other is going to happen, 80-% of players have artillery in their garage, of that 90% play the class on a regular basis. Just the business case of having to pay back all those players the investment they have made is enough to ensure, all the crying is not going to change anything. 

There is a vocal and toxic minority who continually troll these forums to try to get rid of the class. They believe that a constant barrage of whines will change things, all they do is look foolish and waste time. The only debate points they use is stats, people should not debate on these forums unless they have played a certain amount of games or n=have a certain statistical standing, 

It is like someone who hates ice cream saying that because of their problem, no should have ice cream.

This fellow above cannot play around them, so he complains. He set up this alternate account and ground his way up 1 line of arty to prove it was easy to play, and show only newbies play artillery.

He has just proven that anyone with map and game knowledge can grind their way up any class any line in 23 days, and they are all easy and all can be played by newbies.

I disagree that it keeps the game moving just as I have posted before, it creates camping and stagnation, especially with heavies and big slow TD's they cannot move across the map fast enough to get away from artillery, so they will be more prone to sit in cover rather than give an arty the opportunity to hit them. so how is that keeping the game moving.

Also I posted before that the ultimate thing that keeps the game moving is the 15 min. clock, If that is not fast enough for you I don't know what is. As mentioned before ask WG to put in a Sudden Death type game play with only 7-8 mins on the clock if you want a fast brutal game.

Arty is locked in the back of the team most of the match, only way you get retaliation is from maybe a lucky counter arty shot, or the one brave little scout that could making behind your team and then after you. How is the Type 4 heavy going to retaliate against you when you hit him, Hi only real defense is to hide behind cover. Mediums can maneuver around in hopes of not being hit. Arty isn't really attacked until a match goers sideways for that team. 

also were did you get those statistics, I would like to see that information, please do not throw numbers out there with something to back the information. You can read the forums, there are a lot of these threads, and just listen in matches and what not, that is the true ear to what people really think of arty. 

Shukka #71 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 02:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13071 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostDonward, on Jan 02 2017 - 18:09, said:

It's always hilarious how people with ANIMEA avatars are the most likely to not be able to cope with arty as a basic gameplay mechanic.

This says a lot.

#REMOVEANIMEA!!!

So now you are making fun of me for using an Anime pic. Wow, you finally hit the nail on the head, you really have life figured out and now you can move on to your successful life as a physiologist.  This just shows me how small minded you are as most who attack others have no forethought on anything. Also do you have something against Japanese, cause making fun of that you just made fun of my mothers culture and heritage.

Hurk #72 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 03:20

Major

• Players
  • 56050 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

the point of arty is to stop turtling, and to a lesser extent, punish grouping. 

it does stop turtling. a hull down maus/e100/is7 can bounce tons of fire. but 200mm from the sky doesnt care. 

grouping, arty are bad at. the rate of fire at higher tiers is too low, and the splash was nerfed too much to effectively damage more than 1 vehicle at a time unless people are literally rubbing fenders. this is the main reason why the T92 is crap compared to the tier lower M53. the mega splash the T92 used to be known for is gone. 

Motok0 #73 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 03:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 16463 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:24, said:

Can you just uninstall already please 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users