Jump to content


If You Were Banned


  • Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

riff_ #441 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 22:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 30057 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Nov 29 2016 - 20:42, said:

 

Edited: I misread that, sorry again.

NP

 



eraser1 #442 Posted Dec 03 2016 - 05:48

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20039 battles
  • 144
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    07-23-2012

View PostIronPanterloons, on Nov 29 2016 - 18:36, said:

 

If there was a correct way to measure such things, I'd say that a huge amount of bad players would improve greatly if they could afford the hardware that the pros play with. So yes...this game can definitely be called pay-to-win on several levels.

OK I have 2 points to make for this:

1) While it is true that using a better computer allows you to load in faster, have smoother mouse movements, better framerates, etc. it's still relatively small compared to the actual amount of skill required to do well in the game. I know people that used to play on potato computers; they still did well despite that. Yes, having a better computer helps, but honestly, unless you're consistently on 10 FPS and loading after the match starts, it's not that drastic.

2) The notion that having a better computer is pay-to-win applies to any modern video game, and on some games more than others. If you see my point above, it's not as important in this game.

View PostSugrrrrBear, on Dec 01 2016 - 10:25, said:

252 bans is ridiculously low. I'm still getting nailed by pubbies while on the move in scout tanks by hvys on the move half way across the map. It happens very frequently in team battles and detachments. I'm still getting nailed in arty within the first minute of a match while never being spotted.

Either step up the enforcement WGing or I think I'm just going to think this is all PR circus.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, dumb, or you don't know this, but I'll say it anyways: All shots, including RNG (accuracy, damage, pen) are calculated server side. There is no possible way a mod can affect RNG, hence, getting shot while on the move cannot be caused by any form of cheating.

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 01 2016 - 11:13, said:

 

I wont even go back to the 10,000 posts always by high win rate players for years (laughing/denying,tinfoil hat comments) at anyone who complained there were cheats in WoT. There are literally thousands of them. So that state negates anything else you said period.

Second Aimbot also auto targets weak points on a tank so every shot does maximum damage. So it is not trash. There are many forms of the Aimbot mod so you can not broad bush them all as the same thing. Again your attempt to degrade the argument with two false statement negates whatever else you have to say on the subject.

The only cheats that a good player will deny are the "RNG cheats" (see above). Also, the notion that shooting weak points causes maximum damage is simply not true. Again, see my point above.

 

Also, let's consider the topic of "aimbots". You do realize that an "aimbot" has to be programmed by somebody, right? That somebody needs to know where the "weak points" are on a tank, and translate that for the aim bot.

Now consider a good player; in order to be a good player you should know where weakspots are on various tanks. Therefore, a good player has no need for a mod that tells the player what he/she already knows. Therefore, such mods really only benefit the players who don't know weakspots, thus negating the notion that good players use cheating mods like aimbots to "pad" their stats.

This all leads back to the point that the vast majority of cheaters tend to be bad players who have to resort to illegal mods to "improve" their gameplay.

 

 

Frankly, people perceive illegal mods as a much larger problem than they actually are. This seems to be primarily caused by the notion that mods can somehow affect RNG; unfortunately so many numbskulls can't get that through their brains. Arguably the illegal mod that provides the most advantage would be the "tree down" mod, and I would agree that WG should take steps against it, and it seems like they are. Props to them for that.



NeatoMan #443 Posted Dec 03 2016 - 17:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 30424 battles
  • 22,352
  • [ROXY] ROXY
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011

View Posteraser1, on Dec 02 2016 - 23:48, said:

Also, let's consider the topic of "aimbots". You do realize that an "aimbot" has to be programmed by somebody, right? That somebody needs to know where the "weak points" are on a tank, and translate that for the aim bot.

Agree with your post, but the weak spot aimbot i've seen in videos uses the in game pen indicator (which changes color green/orange/red depending on armor thickness).  It fixes on the nearest green spot (or whatever threshold is set in the mod).  Some aimbots will fire automatically when it finds a spot that meets the threshold.

 

A couple of problems I see with that aimbot.  First of all, it doesn't automatically know where the weak spot is.  It has to find it by searching for it, which takes some time.  If you look at any of the videos you'll see it searching around the tank for the best spot.  You'll be faster if you already know where the weak spot is and aim manually.  Second, it starts from center mass and searches outward from there.  It'll lock onto the first "weak spot" it finds, which may not always be the best one to shoot at.



eraser1 #444 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 00:17

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20039 battles
  • 144
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    07-23-2012

That's an interesting point Neato. I'll admit, I haven't seen the video myself so I cannot speak on behalf of it. I do believe my aimbot "implementation" would be a best-case-scenario for an aimbot, which I have explained is useless for any good player. Additionally, as you pointed out, the aimbot that you are referencing is even worse, further exemplifying how useless it would be for a "uniScum" player to use.



Collapsed_Eigenfunction #445 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 01:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 29554 battles
  • 5,367
  • [CLAIM] CLAIM
  • Member since:
    12-06-2011
I was hit so I mean, something happened

ArmorStorm #446 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 02:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 39018 battles
  • 9,053
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Meh, believe what you want.

Oo_RNGesus_oO #447 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 03:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 61257 battles
  • 2,043
  • [W_L] W_L
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

Still going....OP consider the forum broken.

I'll be watching



one_poor_player #448 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 23:20

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 1871 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-09-2016

It is my understanding that if I play WOT on my laptop at home, then bring the same laptop to work and play WOT there, I may be banned because of the different ISP.  If this is the case, who do I contact so that this does not happen?

 

 



Nunya_000 #449 Posted Dec 05 2016 - 00:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 21152 battles
  • 13,802
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View Postone_poor_player, on Dec 04 2016 - 14:20, said:

It is my understanding that if I play WOT on my laptop at home, then bring the same laptop to work and play WOT there, I may be banned because of the different ISP.  If this is the case, who do I contact so that this does not happen?

 

 

 

I do not believe they have banned anybody for multiple IPs, but they might not allow you to compete in the Top Tank event.

WulfeHound #450 Posted Dec 05 2016 - 00:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 12959 battles
  • 26,179
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

View PostNunya_000, on Dec 04 2016 - 18:19, said:

 

I do not believe they have banned anybody for multiple IPs, but they might not allow you to compete in the Top Tank event.

 

They don't ban you for playing on different IP's. I've been bouncing between university and home connections for the past 3-4 years and I've had no issues regarding game bans

Oo_RNGesus_oO #451 Posted Dec 05 2016 - 00:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 61257 battles
  • 2,043
  • [W_L] W_L
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

Wow this is still going.

OP things are crazy with this thread. Do you need a manager?

23k views :popcorn:

You OP have broken the forums


Edited by BigMeatHammer, Dec 05 2016 - 00:38.


Huey2 #452 Posted Dec 06 2016 - 07:48

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 50512 battles
  • 12
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
List of the numbers. I don't buy it either. You want to cut down the number of miscreants. List the call signs of each, why, and the clan they are attached to, ,if any. Simple modification of the EULA for doing that would be easy. You want to change behavior, shine the light of day on these vermin. It's the best antiseptic for this disease.

Asassian7 #453 Posted Dec 06 2016 - 13:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 25629 battles
  • 12,155
  • [PETCO] PETCO
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Dec 02 2016 - 04:23, said:

 

I disagree.  I want official Wargaming stats only.  And of course the same toxic people will even use 6 pieces of wood to do the same thing.  So, Might as well have only official WG stats then.

Anyone would judges people by the win rate, and then dismisses the fact the super platooning does not affect that, is simply nuts in this game any way to be doing that.

Besides, this argument is beating a dead horse...  It's worn an broken out..

I'm not hear to derail this thread like the others are attempting to do....  I'm busy reading the EU thread right now... Their doing a much better job staying on topic as usual than WE ARE.

****

Content Moderated By Njourour.


Edited by Njourour, Dec 07 2016 - 10:41.


Insurrectional_Leftist #454 Posted Dec 06 2016 - 16:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 46751 battles
  • 6,199
  • Member since:
    05-23-2013

View PostAsassian7, on Dec 06 2016 - 12:15, said:

****

Content Moderated By Njourour.

 

The actual PR is 4537.  And if your going say someone sucks, then you're insulting someone "officially" then with official WG stats which is more proper to do so, rather insulting someone publically with an unofficial 3rd party stat, which is not recognized by Wargaming, nor is affiliated in anyway with Wargaming, and this is the official policy of Wargaming.  All of our PR ratings are public information here on the forum.  Now, what you do with that information; however is another story.  Seeing as how it is official WG information, I don't how WG stands on the public use of that information?

 

All we can do is ask to find out what the policy is when someone says, "you still suck".  All we can do right now is ask and find out what the official Wargaming policy is on this, and what should happen?  I will assist on this and get back with you so the forum can be more educated.

 

PS... Of course however, I fail to see the logic in running around a game forum telling people they suck.  It serves no useful purpose in life, to my own personality, ego enhancement, or anything fulfilling to any empty void in my embodiment in a game with folks whom I don't know personally.  It only indicates that someone is lacking something that I cannot relate to.  And the logic of that eludes me.


Edited by Njourour, Dec 07 2016 - 10:41.


eraser1 #455 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 06:09

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20039 battles
  • 144
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    07-23-2012

Actually, Insurrectional, you sort of asked for it. Somebody stated that "removing" 3rd party ratings would change nothing, because there still is WG's PR system. You disagreed. Then Asassian proved you wrong by using PR to reiterate the same thing that is obvious to anybody who knows what they're talking about: you still suck.

In the end, whether it's the official WG PR system or some 3rd party rating system, the good players still pointed out that you suck. Hence: It changed nothing.

 

PS: I would laugh as hard as I'm laughing at you if somebody said that platooning doesn't affect win rate. So nice straw man attempt. jk, not really.


Edited by eraser1, Dec 07 2016 - 06:09.


_Prometh3us #456 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 07:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17614 battles
  • 636
  • Member since:
    01-07-2013

What really is beyond belief is how people ACTUALLY believe that the good players all cheat.

 

Because you know, if you're good at something you must be cheating some how! Guess nobody can honestly ever improve themselves, that sounds impossible!

 

All the Sub-par players are the toxic players here, not the unicums or top clan members. We get ripped everyday with you cheater, you padder, you reroll. Then we argue back and we are the bad guys.

 

It's beginning to become old.


Edited by Prometh3us, Dec 07 2016 - 07:19.


Insurrectional_Leftist #457 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 08:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 46751 battles
  • 6,199
  • Member since:
    05-23-2013

View PostAsassian7, on Dec 07 2016 - 03:22, said:

Funnily enough, WGs PR rating scales close to WN8. Along with that, I have seen applications for Staff positions that have specifically said "a WN8 rating above 1600 is preferred"

 

As for riduling people, im pretty sure you're the one running that exposingwot website thats so intent on doxxing and ridiculing people that dont agree with you. 

Funny enough PR has not a damn thing to do with the twisted, skewed, wn8. An WG makes that clear all the time. Oh, an those staff applications with WN 1600 your talking about? That's under review now, because it's a conflict of interest. I have the very tickets in my possession that I submitted on that. The devs have agreed that needs to be changed. Their working on removing that! I'm a couple a months ahead of you on that.  

 

As as far as your efforts an desires to attain your name on that list over there on that site, you have simply been listening once again to the false community lies spread by Tsavo once again. You'll have to talk to the owner of the site. 2ndly, if you honestly believe or you think you know what even know what your falsely accusing me of then take legal action immediately, otherwise as the saying goes, "you're just p-I-sing in the wind. 

 

Ps,,, the whole community is aware of what Labs is doing on the forum stalking me to get on that site over as are the Admins as well. They know. Trust me. 

 

And ps 2. Welcome to the Ignore list with your friend Tsavo. 



Insurrectional_Leftist #458 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 08:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 46751 battles
  • 6,199
  • Member since:
    05-23-2013

View Posteraser1, on Dec 07 2016 - 05:09, said:

Actually, Insurrectional, you sort of asked for it. Somebody stated that "removing" 3rd party ratings would change nothing, because there still is WG's PR system. You disagreed. Then Asassian proved you wrong by using PR to reiterate the same thing that is obvious to anybody who knows what they're talking about: you still suck.

In the end, whether it's the official WG PR system or some 3rd party rating system, the good players still pointed out that you suck. Hence: It changed nothing.

 

PS: I would laugh as hard as I'm laughing at you if somebody said that platooning doesn't affect win rate. So nice straw man attempt. jk, not really.

 

I see that you have the same deficiency as the person above, but then again the real problem is the entire poison with all of RELIC. Fear your clan is one of the oldest prominent sources of major suck that has ever brought the community to the deplorable levels of rotten mind set for any online game I've ever seen. Your just one member too many of a crowd of people not mature enough yet to understand the big picture on anything. Not to fear. Time is great avenger you'll soon fear an succumb to. 

 

Meanwhile, while your belonging to the greatest list of deplorables in that clan,,,, join the list with your friend Hellsfog on my little Ignore list. There are people their to keep you company. Bye now. 



Insurrectional_Leftist #459 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 08:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 46751 battles
  • 6,199
  • Member since:
    05-23-2013

View PostPrometh3us, on Dec 07 2016 - 06:16, said:

What really is beyond belief is how people ACTUALLY believe that the good players all cheat.

 

Because you know, if you're good at something you must be cheating some how! Guess nobody can honestly ever improve themselves, that sounds impossible!

 

All the Sub-par players are the toxic players here, not the unicums or top clan members. We get ripped everyday with you cheater, you padder, you reroll. Then we argue back and we are the bad guys.

 

It's beginning to become old.

Yea,, it's pretty damn sad isn't it? That people who are supposedly good at this game would supposedly get caught cheating with illegal mods!  But, all be damn if they didn't get caught cheating with illegal mods all over the NA, EU, RU, KR etc. ain't that something. They should really throw though the book at them!

 

Erase all their damn stats, tank progress, an they have to start all over again on first time they get caught. 

 

Yea, it's getting real old fast. And more waves are coming. It's not over yet.  

As a matter a fact all the stats in game should be questioned. Or considered null an void.  

 

Unicum cheaters are the most despicable of all 



_Prometh3us #460 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 08:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17614 battles
  • 636
  • Member since:
    01-07-2013

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Dec 06 2016 - 23:25, said:

 

I see that you have the same deficiency as the person above, but then again the real problem is the entire poison with all of RELIC. Fear your clan is one of the oldest prominent sources of major suck that has ever brought the community to the deplorable levels of rotten mind set for any online game I've ever seen. Your just one member too many of a crowd of people not mature enough yet to understand the big picture on anything. Not to fear. Time is great avenger you'll soon fear an succumb to. 

 

Meanwhile, while your belonging to the greatest list of deplorables in that clan,,,, join the list with your friend Hellsfog on my little Ignore list. There are people their to keep you company. Bye now. 

So you're telling me that anyone who holds you to a VALID argument you just add to your ignore list?

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Dec 06 2016 - 23:33, said:

Yea,, it's pretty damn sad isn't it? That people who are supposedly good at this game would supposedly get caught cheating with illegal mods!  But, all be damn if they didn't get caught cheating with illegal mods all over the NA, EU, RU, KR etc. ain't that something. They should really throw though the book at them!

 

Erase all their damn stats, tank progress, an they have to start all over again on first time they get caught. 

 

Yea, it's getting real old fast. And more waves are coming. It's not over yet.  

As a matter a fact all the stats in game should be questioned. Or considered null an void.  

 

Unicum cheaters are the most despicable of all 

Uhh wheres you're proof that it's all the good players? See I despise people like you. You just assume it's the good players without any justification or evidence to support your argument.

 

What you're basically saying is nobody can be good without cheating. And sure, you have some good players that are really cheating, but you can't justify the entire good player base that way because that makes you look like an [edited]. But you've already achieved that because you know everything and who cheats.

 

Most good players play vanilla because of League and tournament play. Or are they secretly cheating too?!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users