I barely played the last year (server transfer stuff)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Duqe #1 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 23612 battles
  • [RELSH] RELSH

To quickly elaborate, I'm a Belgian player. I've played on World of Tanks since before the .com (obvious choice) website redirected to the .eu European server website, and thus found myself here.

I've been playing since 2011, I've made friends, I've been in clans and all manner of events and happenings, but alas. After the Telia business which I seemed to suffer from immensely, the game's servers never really improved for me. What started as a latency of 120-160ms. (not great, but manageable) quickly became about 150-250ms. during the Telia problems, and...

Well, we've ended up in 2015-2016, at around March- for no reason which I can discern in particular- my latency became 400ms. and higher, at this point any input lag ranged from half a second to an eternity, skipping and rubberbanding became an issue, and the game generally was wholly unplayable by now.

I've tried requesting a server transfer, both via NA server support, and EU server support, and both tell me that it is impossible (remember the SEA server transfer, though?) but may be implemented at some point in the distant, undetermined future. I am now practically a prisoner on the NA server, with an account which holds some very exclusive vehicles, that I can't afford to leave behind in what some unkind spirits might refer to as a 'sunk cost fallacy'.

I guess with support not really being either able or willing to help me, this thread doesn't really have much of a point. At this point I'm just frustrated that I really can't play- my recent statistics show how poorly I've been doing- anymore, while I'd really like to.

Chrizzl #2 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 00:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 19579 battles
Interesting post neighbor, since I am from the Netherlands and usually have a stable connection with 130 ping.
I would also like to be transferred to the EU server,  but that won't happen since the NA servers aren't densely populated already.

Rin_ #3 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 00:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 17291 battles
They refuse to transfer NA accounts to EU because the NA server is so much smaller. If you hold out until the NA server finally collapses they'll more than likely offer to transfer accounts at that point.

Duqe #4 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 02:06

Major

• Players
  • 23612 battles
  • [RELSH] RELSH

View PostRin_, on Dec 04 2016 - 00:32, said:

They refuse to transfer NA accounts to EU because the NA server is so much smaller. If you hold out until the NA server finally collapses they'll more than likely offer to transfer accounts at that point.

I mean, not like they'll have me as a player when I can't play worth a damn. I'm not meaning to sound like I'm keeping my attendance hostage, but I'm not going to play with +400ms. of latency.

GrimInc #5 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 07:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

I would like to go back to na servers from asian ones as the ping is less in na these days...

Asia branch just ignore us so i don't play much anymore since i have spent too much on that one account already.

Silent_Assassin_2010 #6 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 19:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 2544 battles

Hi there I currently live in the USA using the US West server, if I was to move to the UK would I still be able to use all my tanks I have now? And if so how do I go about changing from 1 country to another. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

alenoutlaw #7 Posted Feb 20 2017 - 18:16

Private

• Players
  • 15703 battles
  • [CROWS] CROWS
Hi Is it possible that u transfer my accout from na to eu? Resaon for transfer is beacuse lately im having very hight ping while playing on na servers witch is over 160ms all the time, all the way up to 230ms. I can provide screen shots of my ping. And at that point game is unplayable. I made account on eu server to try it there and there my ping is 30-40ms witch is great, so i can play normaly tournents, clan wars and etc. I dont need my statistic transfer on eu, just my tanks so i dont have to start all from beginging since i have some premium tanks. Im willing to do about anything for account transfer, il change my name if requred, pay some amount of cash. On eu server il probably buy more coins and have premium moust of the time. So in a way its and better and for you to transfer my account since im cosidering to stop playing the game if i have to start all from beginging.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users