Commands/Controls not listed in the game...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

Ape_Drape #1 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 15:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20291 battles
  • [SOT] SOT
Ok... other than what I can see when I check control settings, the only one I know of is CAPS + 0 to bring up the crosshairs that show where your gun is actually pointing.

Any others?

jonsmth #2 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 15:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4661 battles
  • [PVP] PVP
Just some stuff that were elusive. Might be worth mentioning for the others who don't know.

- Hold down right click to lock turret.

- Press CTRL + Enter after bringing up the chat box and typing something to chat to all.

- Pressing X while driving a Tank Destroyer or a SPG would lock the hull. Yeah this was in the control configuration screen, but I only know about this after going there.

- Pressing E while auto-aiming would disengage the target. I used to just right click while pointing away to disengage. I also didn't know of this until I checked the config screens.

I didn't read the manual. But who reads the manual anyway?
I also never watched the tutorial videos.

Buccaneer #3 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 15:21

Captain

• Players
  • 30632 battles
  • [ARBOK] ARBOK
pressing alt shows the name of the player and type of tank they are driving, tab brings up a score sheet, but i wouldn't recommend pressing both at the same time

jonsmth #4 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 15:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4661 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostBuccaneer, on Aug 06 2011 - 15:21, said:

i wouldn't recommend pressing both at the same time

I make that mistake too often :P

XNoArchive #5 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 15:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8450 battles
Yes, alt tab is bad, but...

Ctrl + Tab removes the player names on the sides, do it twice and you remove the tank icons.

Nakiami #6 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 15:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4613 battles
Press F1 inbattle

Dominatus #7 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 16:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10043 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Also, note that there a a lot of things that no longer work while pressing ALT. Switiching ammo and giving out commands (like Help! and stuff) can only be done without pressing alt. I think it might be every keyboard command other than Tab that doesn't work when pressing alt.

jonsmth #8 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 18:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4661 battles
  • [PVP] PVP
If you input the sequence WWSSADAD LMB RMB LMB RMB ESC, your tank would last 30x longer than usual, which is essentially having 30 times your max HP.

Ladydeathstrike #9 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 18:40

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13 battles

View Postjonsmth, on Aug 06 2011 - 18:34, said:

If you input the sequence WWSSADAD LMB RMB LMB RMB ESC, your tank would last 30x longer than usual, which is essentially having 30 times your max HP.

LOLOL gold.

Charlex #10 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 18:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14427 battles

View Postjonsmth, on Aug 06 2011 - 15:20, said:

Just some stuff that were elusive. Might be worth mentioning for the others who don't know.

- Hold down right click to lock turret.

- Press CTRL + Enter after bringing up the chat box and typing something to chat to all.

- Pressing X while driving a Tank Destroyer or a SPG would lock the hull. Yeah this was in the control configuration screen, but I only know about this after going there.

- Pressing E while auto-aiming would disengage the target. I used to just right click while pointing away to disengage. I also didn't know of this until I checked the config screens.

I also never watched the tutorial videos.

That one gave me a headache for many games.

SierraBravo1 #11 Posted Aug 06 2011 - 18:51

Private

• Players
  • 1672 battles
Holding right-mouse button while looking left or right allows your turret to stay at it's current position so if you look behind you, you can bring gun to bear on an enemy to the front quickly.

DHanson865 #12 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 00:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26728 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
I've done tons of searches and I can't find a proper list. The in game help screen from F1 don't show all the controls that are in the settings screen and the settings screen doesn't show all of the controls that are on the F1 screen. http://worldoftanks....e/game-controls gives some help but seems to have some inaccuracies as well.

Just looked in the PDF game manual and there are controls there that I didn't know about but still some need more explanation or aren't listed.

I'd say it's worth reading the manual and the web page above in addition to this list if you haven't played much. If you have played much you might disagree with my description of one or more of these and if so I'd appreciate corrections.

The biggest reason I wanted a list like this is I wanted to remap cruise control to F and V instead of R and F and bumped into V being already used for something else. After that I spent time looking for and learning other keys that weren't documented to figure out what my available unused options were.

Keys I know of include (with my best guess of what they do or how they work):

F1 shows a help screen
F2 sends chat message to only your teammates saying - "Attack!"
F3 sends chat message to only your teammates saying - "Back to base!"
F4 sends chat message to only your teammates saying - "Folow me!"
F5 sends chat message to only your teammates saying - "Affirmative!"
F6 sends chat message to only your teammates saying - "Negative!"
F7 sends chat message to only your teammates saying - "Help!"

1 ammo
2 ammo
3 ammo
(single press selects for shot after next, double press unloads current ammo and starts loading this ammo)

4 consumables
5 consumables
6 consumables
(may require multiple key presses to select what to do after the first key is hit, will change in 7.2 to allow quick select)

TAB Shows the list of players/vehicles similar to the loading screen for a battle.
Q Voice chat - activates microphone
W move forward (hold down to continue to move, the longer you hold it the faster you go)
E cancel auto aim (game calls it disable but it just turns it off until you turn it back on)
R cruise control forward (each press accelerates the cruise in increments (first press is ~1/4 speed, second is ~1/2 speed, third is full speed)
T pressing this while targeting a vehicle will send a message to all teammates saying you are attacking %playername% and make the dot on the minimap highlight/flash for a short period. Note some players use this to ask you to attack that target so the text may be misleading.

Caps Lock + 0 - Lag indicator toggle
A turn left (traverse left)
S move backward (hold down to continue to move, the longer you hold it the faster you go)
D turn right (traverse right)
F cruise control backward (each press accelerates the cruise in increments (first press is ~1/4 speed, second is ~1/2 speed, third is full speed)

Left Shift Enters Sniper mode or Artillery mode. (Pressing again leaves the mode. Non artillery can get here with the scroll wheel on the mouse but artillery has to use the shift key.)

Z unused

X lock Hull (prevents vehicles without turrets such as TDs and artillery from automatically turning/traversing when you move the mouse using any movement key cancels the lock) - this is key as turret movement doesn't disrupt camouflage but hull movement does.

C reload shell container - only applies to some guns. If you have more than one type of ammo you might find it easier to remember to just switch ammo types back and forth.

V changes the view on the screen (gives clear view with no user interface)

CTRL takes you out of "arcade" or "sniper" mode letting the mouse move around the screen to do several things.

* Can right click on a player name in the list on the left or right to do multiple actions such as ignore, report, etectera.
* Can access settings during a battle
* Can click a small icon above the list of players to change the format of the player lists
* Can click on minimap sector to call attention to a portion of the map (note a single click makes it beep/flash multiple times, don't spam this)
* Can right click on the minimap sector while in artillery mode to quickly switch your aim/view to that sector of the map.

CTRL + TAB hide/show player lists

M or CTRL + M hide/show mini map

CTRL + - Shrink mini map (note this isn't clear on the web but its control and the minus key (to the right of the 0 on the top row)
CTRL + = Enlarge mini map (note this isn't clear on the web but its control and the equals key (to the left of the backspace on the top row)

Alt shows tank names, health bars in non sniper non artillery mode AKA "arcade mode".

space bar interrupts cruise control (labeled as "stop and fire" in the game). Hit space bar, the tank will stop, you manually fire (left mouse button) and the tank will then automatically resume cruise control. It can also be used as an emergency brake when not in cruise control. Pressing this will stop the tank quick.

Page UP/Page Down same as scroll wheel on mouse changes zoom level

Left Mouse Button fire
Right Mouse Button Hold to prevent the turret from following the reticule or click not on a target to disable auto aim.

You'll notice most of the keys are on the left hand side of the keyboard since most gamers use the mouse with the right hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 2-29-2012 leap day
edited 3-8-12 to note M or CTRL + M will toggle the minimap.

SwedishEOD #13 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 00:30

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27323 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostJovialmadness, on Feb 24 2012 - 15:57, said:

space bar interrupts cruise control (labeled as "stop and fire" in the game). I'm not sure how you reengage cruise control. Guess I'll edit this when I do. I've never seen this key actually fire the gun so maybe it doesn't do so or maybe it only does it under certain conditions like when cruise control is enabled?
The cruise control automaticly start again after you have fired. So its a stop-fire-go button.

TommyL #14 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 00:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16719 battles
+ and = to control size of mini-map?

JuffoWup #15 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 01:04

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18315 battles
  • [NDP] NDP

View PostDHanson865, on Feb 29 2012 - 00:26, said:

CTRL takes you out of "arcade" or "sniper" mode letting the mouse move around the screen to do several things.

* Can right click on a player name in the list on the left or right to do multiple actions such as ignore, report, etectera.
* Can access settings during a battle
* Can click a small icon above the list of players to change the format of the player lists
* Can click on map sectors to call attention to a portion of the map (note a single click makes it beep/flash multiple times, don't spam this)
* can right click on the minimap while in artillery mode to instantly switch to that sector of the map.  Lock treads to look there without rotating the hull if you only want to see what is going there before you commit to the rotation.

View PostDHanson865, on Feb 29 2012 - 00:26, said:

space bar interrupts cruise control (labeled as "stop and fire" in the game). I'm not sure how you reengage cruise control. Guess I'll edit this when I do. I've never seen this key actually fire the gun so maybe it doesn't do so or maybe it only does it under certain conditions like when cruise control is enabled?

press spacebar again to reengage the cruise control.

Glythe #16 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 01:20

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 20761 battles

View Postjonsmth, on Aug 06 2011 - 15:20, said:

I always read the manual. About 1 in 3 games will really help you by looking at the manual first. About 1 in every 15-20 games will totally hose you if you don't read the manual.

kdogmcg #17 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 01:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 16575 battles
  • [GKC] GKC
doubletap the ammo select number (1-3) to unload current and load new. don't have to fire the loaded round.

DHanson865 #18 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 03:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26728 battles
  • [FCF] FCF

View PostSwedishEOD, on Feb 29 2012 - 00:30, said:

The cruise control automaticly start again after you have fired. So its a stop-fire-go button.

Seriously I've tried the spacebar to fire multiple times and it does nothing. I generally don't use cruise control so maybe it only fires if you are in cruise control?

StanScorpio #19 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 03:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 4800 battles

View PostDHanson865, on Feb 29 2012 - 03:10, said:

Seriously I've tried the spacebar to fire multiple times and it does nothing. I generally don't use cruise control so maybe it only fires if you are in cruise control?
If you're in cruise control and want to fire and keep moving. Hit space bar, the tank will stop, you manually fire (left mouse button) and the tank will then automatically resume cruise control.

DHanson865 #20 Posted Feb 29 2012 - 19:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26728 battles
  • [FCF] FCF

View PostStanScorpio, on Feb 29 2012 - 03:51, said:

If you're in cruise control and want to fire and keep moving. Hit space bar, the tank will stop, you manually fire (left mouse button) and the tank will then automatically resume cruise control.

Thanks, first post I've seen that actually explains this control. I tried it and it works as described.

I added this and other corrections to the post above.