Jump to content


Which Premium tank should i get

Poll Teir 8 Premium Premium Which Tank

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Which One? (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which Tank

  1. T26E4 Super P (23 votes [54.76%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 54.76%

  2. Voted STA-2 (4 votes [9.52%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.52%

  3. AMX CDC (5 votes [11.90%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.90%

  4. T-54 First Proto. (10 votes [23.81%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.81%

Vote Hide poll

VetteTanker #21 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 18:54

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 54166 battles
  • 171
  • [-TSM-] -TSM-
  • Member since:
    09-14-2014

Why settle for ONE tank,

 

Buy the IS-6, Super Pershing, or the IS-2B , Then buy the Churchill III and you still have enough for the Excelsior or T127..



MapleOne #22 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 18:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 26516 battles
  • 2,458
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013

View PostArmyAlton, on Dec 19 2016 - 18:38, said:

oh sorry forgot to say this my alt i am talking about getting one for my main account i have up to a T32 on that account and need a good money maker

 

The why aren't you posting on that account? Sounds kinda fishy to me.

Merlin_001 #23 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 18:56

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5689 battles
  • 107
  • [DVLD] DVLD
  • Member since:
    12-17-2015
Super P thanks to the pen buff.

CannedHam91 #24 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 19:04

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19469 battles
  • 217
  • [DBIOW] DBIOW
  • Member since:
    07-09-2015

If you are a reroll, then I can't really give you any advice about your choices, since I don't have any of them.  And if you are a reroll, then you already know everything I'm about to say, so just skip my post.....

 

If you are not a reroll, I STRONGLY encourage you to avoid the T8 Kool-Aid  until  you've got a few thousand battles under your belt.  You need that long to even begin to understand the mechanics of the game and how to play well enough to avoid being discouraged by it.  If you rush up the tiers you will miss the necessary learning to build a good foundation for success.  Sure, the tanks get more impressive as you go up the tiers, but so do the players.  you teammates will expect experienced play out of you, and your opponents will capitalize and punish your errors ruthlessly. 

 

I think tiers 5 and 6 are great tiers to learn the game, the maps, and the tanks, while having fun and building credits and experience.  Like others have said, the Curchill III is a great Tier 5 premium and has prefential matchmaking to boot, so the highest it sees in Tier 6.  It is very forgiving since well armored, and can occasionally give you the thrill of carrying a battle.  At Tier 6 I would recommend the Rudy when it is available.  It is a well rounded medium that makes decent credits.

 

Rather than spend your money on an expensive tier 8, buy the much cheaper Churchill III and some gold, so that you can buy a 100% crew for some of you tanks and start training them in the Churchill III to get skills.

 

Just my two cents............but I jumped to tier 8 way to soon and my stats have suffered ever since.  I was so discouraged by my poor play at tier 8, got butt-hurt from the salt heaped upon me by teammates (well deserved in retrospect), and just couldn't improve.  Finally some nice soul took the time to advise me to drop down to tier 5 and play around there for 4K battles.  Since then, I've enjoyed the game more, but am burdened by my early poor play.



ProfessionalFinn #25 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 19:05

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 24961 battles
  • 1,791
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Dec 19 2016 - 18:13, said:

You will hit a brick wall pretty hard if you get a tier 8 right now. Reinforced with concrete and Stalinium ...

Unless you are a reroll of course.

 

If you are a new player starting with a premium tier 5 might be better;

it will allow you to learn the basics of the game without being blasted away each and every single game.

Premiums under tier 5 might not be a very good choice as you should outgrow them very fast.

 

Amongst others, Churchill 3 and Pz T-25 are good tier 5 choices to start with.

 

Welcome to WoT and Good Luck out there !

 

Edit: the safest tier 8 prem for a beginner might be the Super P but ... I'd still recommend you wait a bit ...

 

 

Solid advice. I drive both a CIII and PZ T-25.  Fun options for me, a tomato.



enjineer #26 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 19:15

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45893 battles
  • 2,766
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

View PostArmyAlton, on Dec 19 2016 - 12:38, said:

oh sorry forgot to say this my alt i am talking about getting one for my main account i have up to a T32 on that account and need a good money maker

 

What lines are you working on main account?

enjineer #27 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 19:15

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45893 battles
  • 2,766
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 19 2016 - 12:36, said:

ignore these imbasills telling you not to get a tier 8.  get an IS-6

 

 

 

OP, please don't be this clown.  It's "imbeciles", no wonder why you can't succeed at a simple point and click tank game.

Edited by enjineer, Dec 19 2016 - 19:16.


eXs11 #28 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 19:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15098 battles
  • 2,572
  • Member since:
    06-07-2015

I'm sure they will sell the T26E5 (Patriot) at some point this month... I would wait until the end of the month to see if it shows up... yes it's a little bit more $$ than these meds (although not much more than the mod1)... but that tank will go much much further for you... #1 it mainly trains a crew for your T32 (missing one loader but as long as you get to 100%, you really only need one loader to be well trained) #2 it's a much better tank #3 it's a significantly better credit grinder, which is what you seem to be after... I think it's worth it for you to wait a week or two to see if it goes on sale and get it instead

 

if you don't wanna wait... I personally voted for the SP... overall it might be the most forgiving tank out of the 4 and can do alright it t9 battles... lower pen and bad mobility means spamming a lot of gold rounds, esp in t9 matches... if you can get to where meds fight in time, you don't have to fire much gold... but sometimes if you're facing a lot of fast meds on teh other team, you might get hung out in the back and picked apart (t9 match on swamp is a mess in the SP)

 

mod1 is probably the best tank for t8 matches... you will still have very good frontal armor that you can sorta angle and the gun works... it becomes less useful in t9 and very weak in t10 and the meh mobility greatly limits your ability to get flanking shots in on on the more armored opponents...

 

STA and CDC are very similar tanks in playstyle... CDC is more mobile while STA has a better gun... it depends which one I like more on the day... getting rekt by T49 in the CDC is not fun... STA has a better armor layout that doesn't get you destroyed by the derps... it's also not as fast to get you into early trouble... but it's also not as fast lol... so you have a little less impact on a t10 game... they are both fun tanks when played right but also they are difficult to play correctly...  STA is a more balanced tank that I would say is better in t8 and 9... in a T10 match I would take the CDC since the mobility lets you do other things besides deal dmg and you can flank dat E100 easier...

 

so again, depends what you want more... I think the best option is SP... not seeing t10 is a big plus, just be aware that you're not very fast... mod1 would be my next suggestion but it really is only good in t8 (although you stomp t8)... the other 2 are meh, unless you're a decent player, but without seeing your account, it's difficult to tell if those tanks would fit you...



PD4_Banana_Fish #29 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 20:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20704 battles
  • 1,520
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

View Postenjineer, on Dec 19 2016 - 19:15, said:

 

OP, please don't be this clown.  It's "imbeciles", no wonder why you can't succeed at a simple point and click tank game.

 

oh i succeed alright only in ways you dont unnerstand

ArmyAlton #30 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 20:49

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 93 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015

View PostMapleOne, on Dec 19 2016 - 18:54, said:

 

The why aren't you posting on that account? Sounds kinda fishy to me.

 

i am logged in on this account for a ticket i have and i am trying to fix

ArmyAlton #31 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 20:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 93 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015

View PostCannedHam91, on Dec 19 2016 - 19:04, said:

If you are a reroll, then I can't really give you any advice about your choices, since I don't have any of them.  And if you are a reroll, then you already know everything I'm about to say, so just skip my post.....

 

If you are not a reroll, I STRONGLY encourage you to avoid the T8 Kool-Aid  until  you've got a few thousand battles under your belt.  You need that long to even begin to understand the mechanics of the game and how to play well enough to avoid being discouraged by it.  If you rush up the tiers you will miss the necessary learning to build a good foundation for success.  Sure, the tanks get more impressive as you go up the tiers, but so do the players.  you teammates will expect experienced play out of you, and your opponents will capitalize and punish your errors ruthlessly. 

 

I think tiers 5 and 6 are great tiers to learn the game, the maps, and the tanks, while having fun and building credits and experience.  Like others have said, the Curchill III is a great Tier 5 premium and has prefential matchmaking to boot, so the highest it sees in Tier 6.  It is very forgiving since well armored, and can occasionally give you the thrill of carrying a battle.  At Tier 6 I would recommend the Rudy when it is available.  It is a well rounded medium that makes decent credits.

 

Rather than spend your money on an expensive tier 8, buy the much cheaper Churchill III and some gold, so that you can buy a 100% crew for some of you tanks and start training them in the Churchill III to get skills.

 

Just my two cents............but I jumped to tier 8 way to soon and my stats have suffered ever since.  I was so discouraged by my poor play at tier 8, got butt-hurt from the salt heaped upon me by teammates (well deserved in retrospect), and just couldn't improve.  Finally some nice soul took the time to advise me to drop down to tier 5 and play around there for 4K battles.  Since then, I've enjoyed the game more, but am burdened by my early poor play.

 

this account is for my friends to play i posted on here because i am waiting for a ticket to be fixed my other account has 7k battles and up to a T32

MysteriousRJC #32 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 20:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38689 battles
  • 1,697
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
  • Member since:
    03-21-2013
IS6 or T34 would be more forgiving

ArmyAlton #33 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 20:54

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 93 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015

View PosteXs11, on Dec 19 2016 - 19:33, said:

I'm sure they will sell the T26E5 (Patriot) at some point this month... I would wait until the end of the month to see if it shows up... yes it's a little bit more $$ than these meds (although not much more than the mod1)... but that tank will go much much further for you... #1 it mainly trains a crew for your T32 (missing one loader but as long as you get to 100%, you really only need one loader to be well trained) #2 it's a much better tank #3 it's a significantly better credit grinder, which is what you seem to be after... I think it's worth it for you to wait a week or two to see if it goes on sale and get it instead

 

if you don't wanna wait... I personally voted for the SP... overall it might be the most forgiving tank out of the 4 and can do alright it t9 battles... lower pen and bad mobility means spamming a lot of gold rounds, esp in t9 matches... if you can get to where meds fight in time, you don't have to fire much gold... but sometimes if you're facing a lot of fast meds on teh other team, you might get hung out in the back and picked apart (t9 match on swamp is a mess in the SP)

 

mod1 is probably the best tank for t8 matches... you will still have very good frontal armor that you can sorta angle and the gun works... it becomes less useful in t9 and very weak in t10 and the meh mobility greatly limits your ability to get flanking shots in on on the more armored opponents...

 

STA and CDC are very similar tanks in playstyle... CDC is more mobile while STA has a better gun... it depends which one I like more on the day... getting rekt by T49 in the CDC is not fun... STA has a better armor layout that doesn't get you destroyed by the derps... it's also not as fast to get you into early trouble... but it's also not as fast lol... so you have a little less impact on a t10 game... they are both fun tanks when played right but also they are difficult to play correctly...  STA is a more balanced tank that I would say is better in t8 and 9... in a T10 match I would take the CDC since the mobility lets you do other things besides deal dmg and you can flank dat E100 easier...

 

so again, depends what you want more... I think the best option is SP... not seeing t10 is a big plus, just be aware that you're not very fast... mod1 would be my next suggestion but it really is only good in t8 (although you stomp t8)... the other 2 are meh, unless you're a decent player, but without seeing your account, it's difficult to tell if those tanks would fit you...

 

i want the patriot but if it comes back it wont be cheap also my main account is worldwar30008

ArmyAlton #34 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:02

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 93 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015
Just cant tell if i should get Super P or STA-2 because of its gun

PD4_Banana_Fish #35 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:12

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20704 battles
  • 1,520
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

View PostArmyAlton, on Dec 19 2016 - 21:02, said:

Just cant tell if i should get Super P or STA-2 because of its gun

 

i told you is6 i dont unnerstand why you still asking

ArmyAlton #36 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:14

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 93 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 19 2016 - 14:12, said:

 

i told you is6 i dont unnerstand why you still asking

 

i tried that tank it is ok

Verblonde #37 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • 2,978
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
  • Member since:
    02-08-2015

View PostArmyAlton, on Dec 19 2016 - 14:51, said:

 

this account is for my friends to play i posted on here because i am waiting for a ticket to be fixed my other account has 7k battles and up to a T32

 

BTW you might want to have a look at the EULA apropos sharing accounts, although I don't know how vigorously they enforce that aspect...

Verblonde #38 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • 2,978
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
  • Member since:
    02-08-2015

View PostArmyAlton, on Dec 19 2016 - 15:02, said:

Just cant tell if i should get Super P or STA-2 because of its gun

 

SP, as it's a lot more survivable than the STA...

eXs11 #39 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15098 battles
  • 2,572
  • Member since:
    06-07-2015

View PostArmyAlton, on Dec 19 2016 - 14:54, said:

 

i want the patriot but if it comes back it wont be cheap also my main account is worldwar30008

 

I think it will... if you look on tanks.gg, the listed "gold price" for the t26e5 is 9700, so 10000 with the garage slot... that's less than $44... they've never been wrong in their "gold price" values so the only way that it comes back more expensive is if they sell in as bundle only... given that they sold with without the bundle just a few weeks ago, I think even if they offer a bundle, they will offer it by itself for $44 as well... look, you really aren't losing much by waiting for a week to see what happens with the advent calendar.. but it could pay back greatly if it comes back and you manage to snag a patriot for 44...

 

in terms of STA vs SP... I think ultimately, you're gonna be the one that has to decide how you want to play... SP is more forgiving, but it's also a slow tank with a lot of weak spots and low pen (although with limited MM)... even with the pen buff, you'll still be slinging gold quite a bit which limits your ability to get credits... STA is a more challenging tank to play... you need to be patient with it... ultimately, STA has a much higher skill ceiling with better gun, better pen, and more mobility... so if you learn how to play the STA well, you will be better off long term... but again, you need to play it well or you will get rekt... a lot... you need to be honest about your skill level... getting the STA and playing it poorly is a bad decision... SP is easier to do ok in, but STA you can do well, in, although it is difficult to do well in it... just be honest with yourself... if you think you can handle a challenging tank to play (or want to learn how to play a challenging tank), get the STA... if you wanna have some fun trolling people with the weird armor layout and not having to sweat too hard in t10 matches, get the SP...


Edited by eXs11, Dec 19 2016 - 21:18.


ArmyAlton #40 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:17

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 93 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015

View PostVerblonde, on Dec 19 2016 - 14:14, said:

 

BTW you might want to have a look at the EULA apropos sharing accounts, although I don't know how vigorously they enforce that aspect...

 

sssshhhhh




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users