light tank heavy tank medium tank tank destroyer spg tank classes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DauntIess #1 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 21:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9285 battles
  • [SWORN] SWORN

This is a guide I created for beginners, on the different tank classes in the game and why you should play them.

Edited by DauntIess, Dec 19 2016 - 23:25.

Rin_ #2 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 22:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 17710 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO

"Hone your shooting skills." Why bother learning the least important skill in the game? Playing a heavy means you don't need to worry about crew skills as much as a TD does, and the play style is very simple compared to the reliance on vision manipulation TDs require.

Being on the front lines gets you to understand what a viable position on the map is far better than sniping. One of the most important skills to have is making a position into a strong position rather than relying on a set position, and a heavy tank teaches that.

DauntIess #3 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 23:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9285 battles
  • [SWORN] SWORN

View PostRin_, on Dec 19 2016 - 22:00, said:

"Hone your shooting skills." Why bother learning the least important skill in the game? Playing a heavy means you don't need to worry about crew skills as much as a TD does, and the play style is very simple compared to the reliance on vision manipulation TDs require.

Being on the front lines gets you to understand what a viable position on the map is far better than sniping. One of the most important skills to have is making a position into a strong position rather than relying on a set position, and a heavy tank teaches that.

This is the natural progression that I feel as if beginners should take. It can be frustrating to charge into a battle with a heavy tank, without understanding how and were to best shoot your targets. I started with a td line, and I think it helped me become a better player faster, because I was able to observe the outcomes of battle without dying in the front lines at the start of each game. Once I understood the basics, I graduated to a heavy tank, and I was better prepared for it.

SecretSword #4 Posted May 27 2018 - 16:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 8307 battles

Let me start by saying that i have around 10k games total, my recents are around 1400 wn8, and i've helped several people get into the game. These are my opinions on idiot proof tanks that are not awful to grind and good to learn the game with. You should play your first 2k games in these tanks before buying or grinding into tier 6, as the game gets infinitely more punishing at tier 8 and which tanks you play depends on your skill, playstyle, and game knowledge. I don't recommend tanks in this list that require anything other than basic point and shoot skills to be moderately successful. You can make mistakes and still have an ok game at bottom tier. My Alt account was 300+ games in Italian tanks only.

I recommend the Italian Line first and foremost. They have really bouncy armor, they crap on the seal clubbing tanks early on (except the t67) such as the luchs, pz1c, and etc tier for tier, and they have great guns. The tier 5 is lackluster and crap, but worth pushing through for the amazing tier 6 and 7.

At tier 1, make sure you research both tanks before purchasing either of them. Put vents on the tier 1 and 2 tanks. Don't worry about other equipment at tiers 1 and 2.

Make the L6/40 your second tank, and retrain the FIAT3000 crew onto this tank (at least 75%, don't ever use a 50% crew), get the top gun and research the tier 3. Learn the game at this tier if you can and enjoy the tank. Also play the medium tank.

At tier 3 get the top gun and load a good mix of each ammo type, at least 10 of each.

When you get to the tier 4 
(M26/40) Use the top gun WITH HE ONLY

Main Tanks i recommend are: 
The M4 Sherman (with 105mm HE ONLY and some Heat)
The KV1 (good armor and guns 3-10 HE with some AP/Prem)
The PzIVH (with the 10.5 HE ONLY with some Heat)
The Pz1C (with autoloader top gun 10 HE rest AP)
The Luchs (with 3cm autoloader 10 HE rest AP)
The M26/40 (with top gun HE ONLY)
The Hetzer (with 10.5cm Mix of ammo HE with 3 Heat/AP)

Hardest lines to get to:
KV1 (the tier 4 is not good)
M4 (the tier 4 is horrible)
PzIVH (the tier 4 is good light tank, but has a bad gun)

American 

Lights
M5 Stuart with top gun (Tier IV)
Chaffee with Top gun (V)

Mediums (IV, V)
M4 with Derp gun (105mm) HE ONLY (I'm sorry about the M3 lee)
M3Lee with top gun (put a good crew in this tank, use vents)

Premiums
Patriot (Heavy)
Chrysler (Heavy)
Fury (Medium)
Thunderbolt (Medium)

German 

Lights  (Tier IV)
PZ38NA with 5cm L/60 AP/HE Mix
PZK II Luchs with 3cm mk 103 AP/HE Mix

Mediums (Tier 5)
Pz IV H with 10.5 cm HE ONLY

Heavies (Tier 6 only)