Jump to content


Why can't we communicate with the enemy team?

commo enemy team chat

  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Cruxdei #21 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:16

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14421 battles
  • 1,946
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 20 2016 - 14:13, said:

 

True, but this game is not "the internet".   Yes, it is remotely hosted, and yes it does use the same TCP/IP protocols to communicate, but it is not part of the World Wide Web.   I'm talking about the game here, and not any of Wargaming's websites.

 

like i said it before.

toxic community exist in so many games that it's almost futile to fight against it.

some people like the game to the point of losing and calling out names.

it's like real life,except we are not playing soccer or baseball.

 

it's ironic that a "e-sport" game lack global chat.


Edited by Cruxdei, Dec 20 2016 - 18:17.


_cthulhu_ #22 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 46338 battles
  • 1,299
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View Postmohawkdriver, on Dec 21 2016 - 04:33, said:

So....

 

Rather than take appropriate action against spammers and cybermorons, WG saw fit to disable All chat in game.  How very lazy and avoiding of the true issue.  90% of the entertainment value of this game is being able to hurl clever insults at the enemy team and be party to vigorous and energetic exchanges between teams.  I realize there were poisonous individuals in the game that gave away their teammate's positions, but if WG would deal with those individuals in a swift and certain manner, we would still have inter-team chat.

 

Bad form, Wargaming.

 

WG support ticket queue was overloaded with people complaining about all chat toxicity

Remove all chat - ticket queue clears up

Simple really

 

it won't come back



Hurk #23 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 49731 battles
  • 15,825
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 20 2016 - 10:13, said:

 

True, but this game is not "the internet".   Yes, it is remotely hosted, and yes it does use the same TCP/IP protocols to communicate, but it is not part of the World Wide Web.   I'm talking about the game here, and not any of Wargaming's websites.

 

the internet is the underlying tcp/ip communication. WWW is a single application that is used on it. (http). WoT is an application as well using UDP and TCP transports. 

 



_cthulhu_ #24 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 46338 battles
  • 1,299
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostCruxdei, on Dec 21 2016 - 05:16, said:

 

like i said it before.

toxic community exist in so many games that it's almost futile to fight against it.

some people like the game to the point of losing and calling out names.

it's like real life,except we are not playing soccer or baseball.

 

it's ironic that a "e-sport" game lack global chat.

 

Why would e-sports matter? They don't talk to each other.

VaticanCartel #25 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:21

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 21595 battles
  • 5
  • [CATI] CATI
  • Member since:
    01-20-2015
WG, bring back enemy chat! I've never had an issue with the opposing team. Always your own teammates who are first to hurl insults to their team. If you want to stop cyberbullying, disable chat from everyone except platoon mates. It is far worse among allies, then adversaries.

SiberianKhatru #26 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32599 battles
  • 366
  • [-HELL] -HELL
  • Member since:
    06-02-2011
I am not a big fan of open channel in PVP team games.

Cruxdei #27 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:27

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14421 battles
  • 1,946
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View Post_cthulhu_, on Dec 20 2016 - 14:21, said:

 

Why would e-sports matter? They don't talk to each other.

 

huh..



Sbourdon #28 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22263 battles
  • 81
  • [STRMD] STRMD
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

 

one problem io see with this new system is an increase in unpleasantness from my own team during and after the battle. the benefits of the new system are far outweighed by the negatives.
 
I want the old cross team chat back 

PD_Banana_Fish #29 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19598 battles
  • 1,507
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

View PostHurk, on Dec 20 2016 - 18:21, said:

 

the internet is the underlying tcp/ip communication. WWW is a single application that is used on it. (http). WoT is an application as well using UDP and TCP transports. 

 

 

Sure, we can drill down into network protocols and topologies all day if we wanted to.  The previous poster, when talking about "the Internet is not safe" was clearly referring to the colloquial use of "the Internet" to mean "the www".   I was just pointing out that you can log into the game and participate without being exposed to the greater world wide web.

An_Innocent_Bystander #30 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9500 battles
  • 3,734
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 20 2016 - 17:38, said:

 

Its not that simple.  People play this game expecting it to be a safe space.  You shouldn't have to worry about being insulted or subjected to cyberbullying.   That doesn't make you a crybaby.

Yes I go into a competitive online multiplayer game and expect a safe space.

 

Get real. They are whiny thin skinned babies that refused to mute chat so instead they got WG to mute it for all of us.



Awestryker #31 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 25154 battles
  • 2,617
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

Because WG is to lazy to actually spend time policing the 10 people that actually do things like tell the other team where their team mates are...

 

 



An_Innocent_Bystander #32 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9500 battles
  • 3,734
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 20 2016 - 18:03, said:

 

A Safe Space is a place where anyone can relax and be able to fully express, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe on account of biological sex, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious affiliation, age, or physical or mental ability.

Do you refuse to shoot enemies just in case they might get triggered if you did as well? 



cartires #33 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 37436 battles
  • 1,765
  • [PRAV] PRAV
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

View Postmarkhamwaxers, on Dec 20 2016 - 11:34, said:

We can't communicate with the other team because of the crybabies that would get offended with everything you say.

 

ya but the "scrub" , "tomato" "we lost" etc comments came/come from OUR OWN team! NOT from enemy team.. therein lies the rub...

Cruxdei #34 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:34

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14421 battles
  • 1,946
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 20 2016 - 14:30, said:

 

Sure, we can drill down into network protocols and topologies all day if we wanted to.  The previous poster, when talking about "the Internet is not safe" was clearly referring to the colloquial use of "the Internet" to mean "the www".   I was just pointing out that you can log into the game and participate without being exposed to the greater world wide web.

 

the internet is not only the WWW,but the no man's land we all browse and download anything and everything.

there is no safe space in a anarchist enviroment,WG may set rules inside their own game and servers,but they can't control what enter and exit from the internet.(the rascist dudes,soft skin millenials,[edited],etc)


Edited by Cruxdei, Dec 20 2016 - 18:36.


Trooper13 #35 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 26188 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    09-29-2010

View PostHurk, on Dec 20 2016 - 16:37, said:

we cannot communicate with the enemy team because people just spend all their time hurling clever insults instead of playing with sportsmanship.

 

looking at your stats, its a good thing you cannot talk to the enemy team, you apparently cannot even communicate well with your own team.

 

Another Stat w-hore heard from.  I doubt you can even open WOT with out XVM.  You should go back to Pony Island and make sure your horse doesn't die.

Edited by Trooper13, Dec 20 2016 - 18:35.


PD_Banana_Fish #36 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19598 battles
  • 1,507
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

View PostTrooper13, on Dec 20 2016 - 18:34, said:

 

Another Stat w-hore heard from.  I doubt you can even open WOT with out XVM.  You should go back to Pony Island and make sure your horse doesn't die.

 

Pony Island!

Extraordinaire #37 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 18:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26345 battles
  • 1,087
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    02-17-2013

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 20 2016 - 12:03, said:

 

A Safe Space is a place where anyone can relax and be able to fully express, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe on account of biological sex, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious affiliation, age, or physical or mental ability.

 

That doesn't exist. Not even on your own head.

TLWiz #38 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 19:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19322 battles
  • 9,110
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postmohawkdriver, on Dec 20 2016 - 17:33, said:

So....

 

Rather than take appropriate action against spammers and cybermorons, WG saw fit to disable All chat in game.  How very lazy and avoiding of the true issue.  90% of the entertainment value of this game is being able to hurl clever insults at the enemy team and be party to vigorous and energetic exchanges between teams.  I realize there were poisonous individuals in the game that gave away their teammate's positions, but if WG would deal with those individuals in a swift and certain manner, we would still have inter-team chat.

 

Bad form, Wargaming.

 

I'd rather have teammates shoot red tanks than type witticisms while being blown up and losing. I don't really care about cross team chat one way or another. Most of the stuff in chat has been crap so now we only see half as much crap.

Edited by TLWiz, Dec 20 2016 - 19:05.


RevJenkins #39 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 19:03

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22778 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011
This post and the replies are a perfect example of why WG took the cross team chat away.

mohawkdriver #40 Posted Dec 20 2016 - 19:03

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20673 battles
  • 1,325
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostHurk, on Dec 20 2016 - 08:37, said:

we cannot communicate with the enemy team because people just spend all their time hurling clever insults instead of playing with sportsmanship. 

 

looking at your stats, its a good thing you cannot talk to the enemy team, you apparently cannot even communicate well with your own team. 

 

Why does it have to be about stats?  I'm talking about rousing and amusing comments aimed at humor, not debasement.  I find that whenever someone starts playing the stats card, they themselves are compensating for feelings of low self-esteem and other deeply seated psychological issues.  My advice to you is to call one of those 24/7 help lines and get some professional help.  Merry Christmas!





Also tagged with commo, enemy, team, chat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users