Why can't we communicate with the enemy team?

commo enemy team chat

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

cyberstalker292 #61 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 06:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 15980 battles

All WG did was make it so we tell off our team mates instead of the enemy..... brilliant move WG [shakes head in disgust]

Team shooting are way up because of this too.... I've had 5 games in the last day where people shoot each other right after the game starts.

Sometimes they turn blue, sometimes they don't (explain that one to me WG).

More toxic not less.... (and not the GOOD TOXIC: the one we actually want).

Still, I'll take making fun of team mates over nothing at all....

What's really crazy is without the pressure relief of yelling at the enemy.... people are blocking lines of fire like never before and jumping in front of each other to take pop-shots... I'll tell them once to stop, and then take their head off when they do it again.

Huge mistake taking out cross-chat.

Cruxdei #62 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 09:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14639 battles

View Post_cthulhu_, on Dec 20 2016 - 23:47, said:

When did we start playing COD?

who is that "we"?

toxic relationship exist in any e-sport and wot can't ignore it.

RingZero #63 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 09:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 21362 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postcyberstalker292, on Dec 20 2016 - 21:31, said:

All WG did was make it so we tell off our team mates instead of the enemy..... brilliant move WG [shakes head in disgust]

Team shooting are way up because of this too.... I've had 5 games in the last day where people shoot each other right after the game starts.

Sometimes they turn blue, sometimes they don't (explain that one to me WG).

*snip*

Huge mistake taking out cross-chat.

What?  Because Wargaming took out all-chat, people are so filled with pent up frustration that they explode and start shooting people on their own team?

Seriously, how can you seriously link all-chat removal with more TKing ingame?!  

That's some serious conspiracy theory Kung Fu.

Edited by RingZero, Dec 21 2016 - 15:44.

Radonis #64 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 09:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12891 battles
I miss all chat IMO it was fun added different layer to the game. Cause you could tell arty to run for its life when it was the last tank left on the team. Also i want to see the reaction to someone when i one shot them with a Ammo rack or One shot arty shot. Its not as satisfying to do that now taking away some fun away from the game. Also when you have a good brawl 1v1 with another tanker and its good to say GG or well played to them if they win or you win and they do the same. I always said when they said they were removing All chat it was bad idea it should be a choice for the player to see all chat or not. So that way everyone is happy.

_Gungrave_ #65 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 10:17

Major

• Players
  • 45491 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View Postmarkhamwaxers, on Dec 20 2016 - 17:34, said:

We can't communicate with the other team because of the crybabies that would get offended with everything you say.

This and Wargaming's inability to realize a majority of the toxic chat is in team chat and not all chat.

zed2204 #66 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 10:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 43676 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
∆ That, only your team will trash you for playing bad

Cross team chat was disabled to stop the cursing against ARTY, the only ones constantly abused in cross team were arty and no matter what WG say that is for their benefit
So we all suffer for the sake of some players - aety in general 

OK not all cross team trash was anty arty, high stat players and shooting gold got very high abuse and also aledged cheaters 
But
Shooting gold comes with that so you expect it, and it keeps players that are bothered by the insults from shooting it indiscriminately so I don't see it as a minus 
High stat players just are used to it, it is flattering when the enemy rages, many unicoms actually liked that
And if you are not using illegal stuff and get the usual MODs / cheats /hax trash - I usually enjoyed that, the enemy is so b** hurt that it can't believe it, job well done 

So the only benefit is for arty, because they know what they're doing is crap and getting trashed for it strikes the nerve 

But why mandatory, why not just an option, you don't like it you switch it off

Edited by zed2204, Dec 21 2016 - 13:04.

noupperlobeman #67 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 18785 battles

View Postcommander42, on Dec 20 2016 - 19:26, said:

the same could be said about the opposite opinion just as easily, there was no upside to removing it

Actually there is.

Complete 100% focus on the battle. Instead of peacocking and pounding your keyboard like a chimp

while your team evaporates, you're actually playing.

WG can contribute less resources to chat bans because chat nannies can't handle banter

Increased communication with teammates. If you aren't yelling at the enemy, you may be talking

to your allies.

There is zero chance for allies to reveal ally positions.

Gomez_Adams #68 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 15:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View Postnoupperlobeman, on Dec 21 2016 - 09:30, said:

Actually there is.

Complete 100% focus on the battle. Instead of peacocking and pounding your keyboard like a chimp

WG can contribute less resources to chat bans because chat nannies can't handle banter

Increased communication with teammates. If you aren't yelling at the enemy, you may be talking

to your allies.

That.

I will add that in just over 1100 games of Warships I've only seen the enemy give away the position of one of their own twice. Both times they just typed in, "Last guy either failed to load or is AFK at spawn." That of course was done so we could finish him off and they could move on to the next game with the ship they were playing.

In tanks it was rampant. You'd have people 2 minutes into the game saying, "Two of our moron idiot noobs are hiding behind the building at A4 camping hard. Go take those idiots out for us!" simply because somebody dared to play the game the way they wanted rather than some armchair field marshal's way.

OuSjambok #69 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 15:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27509 battles

WG disabled all-chat because they are unwilling to hold players accountable for their actions.  Anyone sharing green positions with the enemy should immediately be permabanned.  It is incredulously simple to prove, it is in the rule book - simply DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO.

Now its' like playing bots ...

PD4_Banana_Fish #70 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 18:31

Captain

• Players
  • 21344 battles

View Postnoupperlobeman, on Dec 21 2016 - 01:09, said:

Everything you could do in allchat you can do in private messages.

There is no downside to removing it

And here we have a real example of how basic freedoms are lost - through gradual erosion.

RingZero #71 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 18:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 21362 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 21 2016 - 09:31, said:

And here we have a real example of how basic freedoms are lost - through gradual erosion.

It's just a video game, keep this in perspective

CavScout19D #72 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 18:37

Major

• Players
  • 24434 battles

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 21 2016 - 12:31, said:

freedom =/= WOT

BaconMeLoveIt #73 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 18:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 14117 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-
Because of special snowflakes in the WoT community.

PD4_Banana_Fish #74 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 21344 battles

View PostCavScout19D, on Dec 21 2016 - 18:37, said:

freedom =/= WOT

duh.

Catatonick #75 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 19:31

Captain

• Players
  • 15693 battles
  • [IDIED] IDIED
I rarely ever saw anything good or useful come from all chat.  Sometimes people had amusing conversations... 99% of the time it was pointless.

Flarvin #76 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 54458 battles

View PostBulletFarmer, on Dec 21 2016 - 12:31, said:

What? 

This thresd is about ingame chat, which is not a freedom. 

commander42 #77 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 26839 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostRoundsDownRange, on Dec 20 2016 - 22:32, said:

As you can see by the way players reply to forum posts and the level of toxic banter, chat in game is far worse.  Yes it sucks not to talk to friends or clan mates on the other team and yes I wish like most WG would have taking a different road to correct this such as actually use their in game reporting system with a quicker reaction time like they do with TKers.

But we can not blame WG for this.

We only have our self to blame as players for not controlling how we our self communicated with one another.

We made our bed, now we have to sleep in them.

no we have WG and possibly less then 10% of the playerbase, the majority of us never contributed anything towards it

View Postzed2204, on Dec 21 2016 - 04:31, said:

∆ That, only your team will trash you for playing bad

Cross team chat was disabled to stop the cursing against ARTY, the only ones constantly abused in cross team were arty and no matter what WG say that is for their benefit
So we all suffer for the sake of some players - aety in general

OK not all cross team trash was anty arty, high stat players and shooting gold got very high abuse and also aledged cheaters
But
Shooting gold comes with that so you expect it, and it keeps players that are bothered by the insults from shooting it indiscriminately so I don't see it as a minus
High stat players just are used to it, it is flattering when the enemy rages, many unicoms actually liked that
And if you are not using illegal stuff and get the usual MODs / cheats /hax trash - I usually enjoyed that, the enemy is so b** hurt that it can't believe it, job well done

So the only benefit is for arty, because they know what they're doing is crap and getting trashed for it strikes the nerve

But why mandatory, why not just an option, you don't like it you switch it off

when I played arty it actually made up some of the times I found cross team chat the most entertaining, when I'm reloading for 50 seconds what else am I supposed to do? moving positions only takes 10 seconds and I can aim while I chat, guess I have to go get Cheetos or whatever arty players are supposed to eat when playing

View Postnoupperlobeman, on Dec 21 2016 - 09:30, said:

Actually there is.

to your allies.

well the people who cant help themselves could just turn the chat off, and maybe the problem was they didn't contribute much resources at all to chat in the first place to enforce the <1% of games where people revealed positions, also since they removed all chat I have seen less actual communication in team chat and an increase in rage instead

PD4_Banana_Fish #78 Posted Dec 21 2016 - 21:44

Captain

• Players
  • 21344 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Dec 21 2016 - 20:49, said:

What? 

This thresd is about ingame chat, which is not a freedom. 

Um, it's a metaphor.  

cyberstalker292 #79 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 02:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 15980 battles

View PostRingZero, on Dec 21 2016 - 08:38, said:

What?  Because Wargaming took out all-chat, people are so filled with pent up frustration that they explode and start shooting people on their own team?

Seriously, how can you seriously link all-chat removal with more TKing ingame?!  

That's some serious conspiracy theory Kung Fu.

Not in the least.... you haven't seen this???

Makes sense to me.... people can't focus on idiots on the other team, so the focus can only be on our own team.

I noticed since the removal people get really pissed when people bump into each other.... you see it in the messages for the slightest infraction. Didn't used to be a big deal at all.

Bring the rage and let it BURN..... the brighter the better...... bring back cross-chat.... make WOT great again!!!

Or better yet, free speech server so we can get the really salty RU players too..... that would be a DREAM come true. Imagine the awesome banter on that one..... Russians vs Americans, cursing and fighting... oh man I'd love it.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #80 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 02:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24603 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

View Postmohawkdriver, on Dec 20 2016 - 16:33, said:

So....

Rather than take appropriate action against spammers and cybermorons, WG saw fit to disable All chat in game.  How very lazy and avoiding of the true issue.  90% of the entertainment value of this game is being able to hurl clever insults at the enemy team and be party to vigorous and energetic exchanges between teams.  I realize there were poisonous individuals in the game that gave away their teammate's positions, but if WG would deal with those individuals in a swift and certain manner, we would still have inter-team chat.

Bad form, Wargaming.

cause all [edited]kids or maybey you . can told where your team hiding or wat he do in game ... or saying his position . im glad this option are off

Also tagged with commo, enemy, team, chat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users