How good/bad is the KRUPP-STEYR WAFFENTRAGER?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

kamakazi339 #21 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 14:32

Private

• Players
  • 16600 battles
  • [N0C] N0C

The accuracy is the most galling thing about this tank. You can be fully aimed in and still miss the broad side of a barn. It's infuriating. 

Depression is pristine of you know what you are doing 

Run full camo crew or don't play it. 

xwallsmith #22 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 22:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 40621 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
Conclusion: The 

KRUPP-STEYR WAFFENTRAGER 

is just too immobile. With the extremely slow speed and dpm on the low end combined with no armor and 60% tier 9 matches, Nothing more frustrating than watching all the tier 8/9 heavies pulling away from you at the beginning of a match. I am finding it to be unplayable at this time. I am running camo net/rammer/binocs. BIA/Full Camo crew. The hiccup in the gun depression has screwed me a few times. If the barrel is pointing straight in front of you, you will be able to use the advertised gun depression (-8) but rotate left or right 20 degrees and the barrel jumps up, supposedly to get past the boxes on the front. So the attractive gun depression is only effective in situations where you don't need to make minor adjustments which is pretty much never.

CiceroHoudini #23 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 01:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2536 battles

View Postxwallsmith, on Jan 20 2017 - 22:34, said:

Conclusion: The 

KRUPP-STEYR WAFFENTRAGER 

is just too immobile. With the extremely slow speed and dpm on the low end combined with no armor and 60% tier 9 matches, Nothing more frustrating than watching all the tier 8/9 heavies pulling away from you at the beginning of a match. I am finding it to be unplayable at this time. I am running camo net/rammer/binocs. BIA/Full Camo crew. The hiccup in the gun depression has screwed me a few times. If the barrel is pointing straight in front of you, you will be able to use the advertised gun depression (-8) but rotate left or right 20 degrees and the barrel jumps up, supposedly to get past the boxes on the front. So the attractive gun depression is only effective in situations where you don't need to make minor adjustments which is pretty much never.

I completely agree. Part of the reason is how very slow it is. By the time you make it to a sniper hill all of the opposing TD's are already on their hills with Camo nets and binocs set up 2 minutes before you reach there. Of course this leads to you being spotted first and with the poor angled frontal armor and just low armor soft stats in general you're going to get two shot immediately. It is very neat they tried to make a sniper that could shoot and maintain camo like in the old days of WoT. Unfortunately that is the krupp's "only" playstyle. Compared to the e-25 which can do the same, scout, battle opposing TD's due to armor angle, and assassinate Arties. The pro's is how high the penetration on it is and with everyone and their mom rolling around in object 252 defenders right now im finding some good use out of this tank. I slightly regret choosing this tank as my first prem TD and would not recommend it.

rhinotank234 #24 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 03:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21265 battles

let me explain by comparison with t67. I am not weird .Let me complete  my explanation.

Both t 67 and  Krupp are turreted TD 

T67 get M1a1 which is regular tier 5-6 medium tank gun. and some tier 5 heavies use that gun.

Krupp get 88mm L71 which is regular tier7-8 tank  gun. some tier 7 heavies use and tier8 medium use that gun.

But Krupp didn't get Any of  1. Mobility of t67

2. Gun handling of t67

3. Gun depression of t67

That why Krupp is bad. Even not all 3 , only 1 out of that 3 get, Krupp will be much better than it is now.

murdockwan #25 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 17:14

Captain

• Players
  • 23370 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

I have one. it is "meh".

if you're a collector, good buy.

if not a collector, you would spend your money better on skorp G because you'll train more + earn more + impact the outcome of game (and hopefully win) more.

if it's not on sale now, it's worth the wait.

epicpal #26 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 16:46

Private

• Players
  • 6497 battles

good tank as of right now, only a 6 second reload which isnt that bad. mobility is alright, not too fast nor too slow (35kph). the camo rating is great. ok moneymaker, 30-40k each game if you're good enough. but the only problem is that the accuracy seems "weird". strange misses even rng wouldn't be able to affect.

Loookeski #27 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 16:21

Private

• Players
  • 1303 battles

It is a really good TD. Since the speed buff, I love it - though I would certainly like more speed like the M56! The turret gives you valuable flexibility. I have even had success brawling with it at times! Great camo. Decent gun. Sometimes it is annoying though - nearly fully aimed shots will often vex you. RNG on this would indeed seem to be a bit weird. Maybe it is my imagination. Feels a bit more random than most tanks to me. Fully-aimed shots, less so, but yes, still sometimes. Pretty good standard AP pen. Rate of fire is good (though we always want more of course). HE shells are not completely useless, so pack two or three. Very rarely runs out of ammo.

The tricks are -

1) Get yerself snapshot and BIA. Importantly - aim in completely, 100%, every time, if you aren't being forced to snap the shot. If you want to run chocolate - go for it. The extra accuracy (and everything else) is very nice if you have the luxury. :) 

2) You have to use view range and bushes scrupulously. Learn the maps. Very important to remain unspotted for as much of the battle as possible. Some maps have some very sweet spots for this baby, but try to have an escape route if you stand a chance of being spotted. If you are spotted you usually have to do the Arty Dance as hard as possible. You're not fast and such thin armour will allow them to splash the heck out of you and a direct hit is... ahem... Undesirable... Also, once you are unspotted again, try to go where they don't expect you. Find distance and bushes again, if you can. Use the Ninja Powers this thing provides you.

3) Learn when to advance. This TD can play a more well-rounded role than many, if you are careful. Keep an eye on the situation and try to spot when the momentum could be aided by your moving forward and adding your gun to the mix in close support, rather than waiting for shots to come to you. Try to remember to go and get your gun in the game, if circumstances require it. Give them something to worry about. Do be a bit afraid, but don't ignore the option of charging in support if you have HP. 

4) It is still a handy tank endgame, if not the best. Stay alive. Be patient. You can win this (or at least get a good whack of extra damage).

5) This is a big one, so pls forgive the caps - THE key to the SWT is you HAVE to LEARN TO DRIVE IT BACKWARDS. You have more depression over the back end. You can get off a ridge-line much faster if you are diving forwards rather than painfully reversing. Generally in the game, but especially on city maps , you expose far less of your tank if you poke your butt around a corner and you can recover your exposed butt much faster if you are going forwards. You can also deal with enemy in close quarters much better if backwards key strokes and dynamics are second nature. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it makes a HUGE difference. Drive it backwards.

*Gasp*

But I've already said too much - you might be on that darn Red Team one day and I will be facing you.

*regrets*

What have I done? Aieeeeee!!!!

murdockwan #28 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 12:59

Captain

• Players
  • 23370 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD
It is not worth it.

Maj_Baker #29 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 17:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12305 battles
dickie max is better and trains crews better.  krupp only trains 4 but dicker does 5.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users