Visible XVM stats should be allowed to be blocked / player name. ( quality reasoning )

XVM stats block fog of war hide user name

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

E25_Syndrome_Aito #21 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:21, said:

Yes there should be some sort of option for your name to be invisible to XVM...

Correct,  it would be more fair for all of the players to be able to hide their statistics if they so wish.

Also your posts would stop getting flamed if you Stopped typing like this...

I do that because I absolutely think that it is beautiful, and I do not want to stop it.

Developing YOURSELF is very important.

Bronco2219 #22 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26904 battles

I play arty! I could give a rats [edited]about stats, 3 things i look for in this order. (1) Open target. (2) open target (3) open target. If i can get a lock on any tank i will take the shot. 

at 30 plus seconds reload and some up to 10 seconds to full sight in. If your in the open and i can get the shot i will take it. period. 

Some stat mongers think arty just hunts for the huge stat tanks. your so wrong! takes to long to cycle an arty to piss around with that.  Targets of opportunity are what they are looking for. 

Edited by Bronco2219, Dec 25 2016 - 21:24.

Jester1981 #23 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33996 battles
  • [T-D] T-D
If anyone with blacked out stats appears that means one of two things. Either 1) they're very good and need to be targeted or 2) they're very bad and will be easily taken out. Either way blacking out your stats just tells everyone to focus you down early. I can appreciate your frustration but I don't think this will work.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #24 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:25

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostBronco2219, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:23, said:

I play arty! I could give a rats [edited]about stats, 3 things i look for in this order. (1) Open target. (2) open target (3) open target. If i can get a lock on any tank i will take the shot. 

at 30 plus seconds reload and some up to 10 seconds to full site in. If your in the open and i can get the shot i will take it. period. 

Some stat mongers think arty just hunts for the huge stat tanks. your so wrong! takes to long to cycle an arty to piss around with that.  Targets of opportunity are what they are looking for. 

Do you drown / shoot at the wall,

when the enemies have cleared the tanks from your team and are coming for you?

Do you?

Bronco2219 #25 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26904 battles

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Dec 25 2016 - 13:25, said:

Do you drown / shoot at the wall,

when the enemies have cleared the tanks from your team and are coming for you?

Do you?

nope, i fight till there is nothing to fight.

Bigboy2013 #26 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 36371 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
I watched a video on youtube about the topic. I can't remember who made the video, but they said that WarGaming should change the random battles to fog war. Player names and clan would be hidden, only the tank name and which tanks are platooned could be seen. Also something would have to be done about XVM, allowing players to block their name from XVM would be nice, not allowing the mod anymore would be even better.
I don't personally get focused because I am bad, but it does happen to people that are very good and it must suck not being able to play without being yoloed by autoloaders or hunted by arty the whole game.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #27 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostJester1981, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:24, said:

If anyone with blacked out stats appears that means one of two things. Either 1) they're very good and need to be targeted or 2) they're very bad and will be easily taken out. Either way blacking out your stats just tells everyone to focus you down early. I can appreciate your frustration but I don't think this will work.

I guess that it makes some sense.

I guess that I have to suffer from being the '' prize ''

But the '' fog of war '' could be the thing.

'' Stats '' should just not be there in the first place.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #28 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostBigboy2013, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:30, said:

I watched a video on youtube about the topic. I can't remember who made the video, but they said that WarGaming should change the random battles to fog war. Player names and clan would be hidden, only the tank name and which tanks are platooned could be seen. Also something would have to be done about XVM, allowing players to block their name from XVM would be nice, not allowing the mod anymore would be even better.
I don't personally get focused because I am bad, but it does happen to people that are very good and it must suck not being able to play without being yoloed by autoloaders or hunted by arty the whole game.

Yes '' fog of war '' would help so much.

It has nothing but positive effects and makes the game play fresh and interesting.

bockscar43 #29 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31906 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:47, said:

My Greetings.

I will now proceed to tell what I think about certain elements of this game ( regardless of one being 3rd party, but highly used )

I think that you SHOULD be allowed to ' block ' your statistics ( XVM ) from being visible for the enemy team.

( From their site options )

Why?

Oh, it is not very nice to be the one that every one wants to kill as soon as possible.

You have to be so very careful with your play and make high quality decisions,

my largest issue being artillery players running XVM,  or group of ' yoloers '

( more easily neutralized than artillery naturally )

Also, enemies tend to be so much more careful and scared if they are facing high level player, I do not like this,

it gives advantage when you see what kind of player you are facing.

I also want to be able to block my user name from the enemies ( I want it to be only visible when I have destroyed enemy player )

I want to be unknown and I want my enemies to only see who I was when I have destroyed them

This is a bit similar to the '' fog of war '' they run with the CW.

Random battles would be so much more exciting with something like this.

If I never get chance to hide who I am I will gladly do it.

I want to be able to play and hunt in peace.

As a player I have the need to remain unknown and hidden.

I think that this would make game more reasonable and even help the artillery hate situation,

To be able to hide yourself if you feel so. ( from the enemy list )

Gasai.

Totally agree with your assessment of this mod, when does a platoon have the actual enemy's  201 file before a battle, never. Also in my army we were more like bait....

orangeandblue #30 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29129 battles
Should be allowed to block them period. You are able to on World of Warships. Why not WoT?

E25_Syndrome_Aito #31 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View Postbockscar43, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:32, said:

Totally agree with your assessment of this mod, when does a platoon have the actual enemy's  201 file before a battle, never. Also in my army we were more like bait....

Exactly.

You get the idea.

View Postorangeandblue, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:34, said:

Should be allowed to block them period. You are able to on World of Warships. Why not WoT?

I hope to see something that helps WoT as well with this,

as soon as possible.

I do not know anything about the WoW, it is bit too slow for me and I love tanks.

Especially TD's ( low profile ) So yeah.

But You literally should not be able to know who your enemy is before you see him/her.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #32 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Post_Rajacenna, on Dec 25 2016 - 14:59, said:

mods in general are stupid.

^..This.

Spoiler

E25_Syndrome_Aito #33 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 25 2016 - 20:52, said:

^..This.

Spoiler

No they are not.

Personalization mods are amazing, and much welcomed.

That is important for me.

1mp0ster #34 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 22:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 39553 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
Hashtag Make Black Text A Thing Again

thandiflight #35 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 22:05

Major

• Players
  • 85839 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Wants to be noticed....complains when draws the wrong sort of attention. #MerryChristmasDonald

E25_Syndrome_Aito #36 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View Postthandiflight, on Dec 25 2016 - 21:05, said:

Wants to be noticed....complains when draws the wrong sort of attention. #MerryChristmasDonald

I do not believe that you understand what this post truly means.

I am literally sick to being '' XVM sniped '' in the battle I want to just be alone.

That would be fair.

I do not think that there is counter argument for the '' fog of war '' in pubs.

Or is there, you tell me.

Boghie #37 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 22:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8410 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

OP, have you ever played competitive sports?

It is absolutely normal and completely expected to have the opposition focus on the best players on your team.  Likewise, your team focuses on their best players.  We had an acronym - LTD (Leave the Dork).  We didn't flood over the top to cover a guy lobbing a 3-pt shot that had no chance of making it.  We would jump a shot attempt by a dead-eye shooter though.  In some cases we would even allow a Dork to run right down the middle of the key.  Maybe he was a yoloing dude 5 feet tall who couldn't make a shot if the God proclaimed it on Christmas.  Two guys would be shadowing Lebron rather than collapsing on the dork.

As a Tomato in WoT I have first hand knowledge that Green, Blue, and Purple People Eaters seem to enjoy various Tomato based delicacies.  Why can't I enjoy supporting a mid-range player's attempt to neutralize a high caliber competitor?  Why should I focus my energies on enemies of little concern?  

E25_Syndrome_Aito #38 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostBoghie, on Dec 25 2016 - 21:52, said:

OP, have you ever played competitive sports?

It is absolutely normal and completely expected to have the opposition focus on the best players on your team.  Likewise, your team focuses on their best players.  We had an acronym - LTD (Leave the Dork).  We didn't flood over the top to cover a guy lobbing a 3-pt shot that had no chance of making it.  We would jump a shot attempt by a dead-eye shooter though.  In some cases we would even allow a Dork to run right down the middle of the key.  Maybe he was a yoloing dude 5 feet tall who couldn't make a shot if the God proclaimed it on Christmas.  Two guys would be shadowing Lebron rather than collapsing on the dork.

As a Tomato in WoT I have first hand knowledge that Green, Blue, and Purple People Eaters seem to enjoy various Tomato based delicacies.  Why can't I enjoy supporting a mid-range player's attempt to neutralize a high caliber competitor?  Why should I focus my energies on enemies of little concern?  

Be ' focussed ' for 3 years and you know what I mean.

It is not fair and balanced for the players when some one is being ' focussed '

so much more than other players in the team.

It is just wrong.

Boghie #39 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 23:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8410 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Dec 25 2016 - 13:55, said:

Be ' focussed ' for 3 years and you know what I mean.

It is not fair and balanced for the players when some one is being ' focussed '

so much more than other players in the team.

It is just wrong.

Is this really a problem in Tier 7 and higher?

I looked at your Noobmeter stats and I see you are not a Seal Clubber.  You play competitively at the higher tiers.  Do you really get a bunch of Tomatoes trying to focus kill you.  Personally, as a Tomato, I only note the better players and what tanks they are in prior to battle.  I will focus on them if supported and if I happen to be in the area - but, I am in Tier 4/5 battles not Tier 7+.  Isn't almost everyone in Tier 7+ battles at least a Green player?

Also, you generally play Tank Destroyers.  I will focus a Tank Destroyer even if its commander is not Rommel.  Their big guns hurt little old me.  They generally are out of spotting range.  They are not maneuverable.  And, their armor is generally not very tough.  I will chew on them before I bounce some shells off a heavy any day.

By the way, when I was playing basketball I was focused on.  If, however, you do slum to Tiers 4/5 and come across me than by all means focus on me the Tomato.  You will help my Win% - which right now is my main concern.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #40 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 23:31

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostBoghie, on Dec 25 2016 - 22:21, said:

Is this really a problem in Tier 7 and higher?

I looked at your Noobmeter stats and I see you are not a Seal Clubber.  You play competitively at the higher tiers.  Do you really get a bunch of Tomatoes trying to focus kill you.  Personally, as a Tomato, I only note the better players and what tanks they are in prior to battle.  I will focus on them if supported and if I happen to be in the area - but, I am in Tier 4/5 battles not Tier 7+.  Isn't almost everyone in Tier 7+ battles at least a Green player?

Also, you generally play Tank Destroyers.  I will focus a Tank Destroyer even if its commander is not Rommel.  Their big guns hurt little old me.  They generally are out of spotting range.  They are not maneuverable.  And, their armor is generally not very tough.  I will chew on them before I bounce some shells off a heavy any day.

By the way, when I was playing basketball I was focused on.  If, however, you do slum to Tiers 4/5 and come across me than by all means focus on me the Tomato.  You will help my Win% - which right now is my main concern.

I am best with my dearest vehicle ( The E-25 ) and I play her because I love her.

I do not deserve to get punished because I love that vehicle and it is like I am myself.

And I love TD's indeed with high personal reasons.

It is just not correct that your enemies know who you are, right away.

Also tagged with XVM, stats, block, fog, of, war, hide, user, name

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users