Visible XVM stats should be allowed to be blocked / player name. ( quality reasoning )

XVM stats block fog of war hide user name

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Boghie #41 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 00:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8501 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Dec 25 2016 - 14:31, said:

I am best with my dearest vehicle ( The E-25 ) and I play her because I love her.

I do not deserve to get punished because I love that vehicle and it is like I am myself.

And I love TD's indeed with high personal reasons.

It is just not correct that your enemies know who you are, right away.

I really don't care if a TD commander is high caliber.  If they are in range, and if I have a shot at them, I shoot at them.  Being in an E25 just makes me even more likely to take a pot shot at you.  It is overpowered and can change the game.  Especially in the hands of a good player.

Another topic:  I am stuck at the DW2.  I see that you have played up to the E50.  How did you get around the pig we call the DW2.  I don't want an unskilled crew in a Tier 5 HT.  So far, to me, it looks as if I will have to crew grind the DW2.  Good god, I hope not...

Macras #42 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 02:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19542 battles

Gasai-

IMHO, get your head out of your [edited].

Your not that good. I don't care what your stats say, Ive come across you in a few games, and you do sit back and snipe most games.

YET YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT XVM SNIPING!!!!!!!

While this may be because its what the E25 is best at, its no better or worse than arty, camping in general, yolo'ing, or many other strategies or styles that other people chose to do at times.

If everyone camped the red line at the back of the map it would be boring in detrimental to the game! and this IS what you are proposing. ( or woulkd be the end result at least)

Do you get focused on ? I don't doubt it, but not because your good. Because your camping play style frustrates players as much as arty, and everyone ends up hating you. That's why you get focused on.

But don't take it personally, there are a few clans out there with similarly annoying play styles that find themselves similarly targeted :)

My 2c worth, feel free to disagree, as you may note, my stats aren't concern at all :)

E25_Syndrome_Aito #43 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 04:17

Major

• Players
  • 61329 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

@ Macras

I do not think so my friend.

No matter what players say, the facts do not change.

If it is that easy, then why do you not repeat what I have done?

I am at the top from all of the players with what I do with my personal style of play.

The facts do not change.

And I think that the idea of this topic I created is great.

If you are unable to accept something that is being proven by statistics,

then it is different thing and does not relate to my suggestion.

Good luck friend.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #44 Posted Dec 27 2016 - 05:45

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Dec 25 2016 - 15:59, said:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^..Too long and colourful...didn't read. No offense.

View Post1mp0ster, on Dec 25 2016 - 16:01, said:

Hashtag Make Black Text A Thing Again

^..Yes, and this.

View PostJester1981, on Dec 25 2016 - 15:24, said:

If anyone with blacked out stats appears that means one of two things. Either 1) they're very good and need to be targeted or 2) they're very bad and will be easily taken out. Either way blacking out your stats just tells everyone to focus you down early. I can appreciate your frustration but I don't think this will work.

^..Dude, I have to agree.

*A long time ago I used to think this might be a good idea, but not anymore. Personally, I think WG should just do the right thing and finally implement this mod {XVM/publicly visible stats} directly into the vanilla game client..so everyone has it. Or, if they won't do that, then they should put it on the illegal/banned mod list. Pubbie/Blurple radar is just too much of a technical advantage to use in game.

As I've been saying for years...

Same Tools-Same Rules... for everyone. No exceptions.  

Until we have that fair and level playing field, I encourage all you arty players to keep running XVM...and absolutely xvm-snipe these really "gud players". Be smart. Make sure you target and knock them out first. Starting with the purples, then the blues...and so on, until you get to me. I'll probably be at the bottom of your hit list.

:B....

E25_Syndrome_Aito #45 Posted Dec 27 2016 - 12:10

Major

• Players
  • 61329 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 27 2016 - 04:45, said:

^..Too long and colourful...didn't read. No offense.

Yes, I told that '' Quality Reasoning '' At the title.

Naturally there is reasonable explaining waiting with actual thought,

so why to click the topic if you do not want to read and think abut it?

From my point of vision naturally, every one wants to try to destroy me in battle,

but ah well such is that just more of my dear E-25 then Love her.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #46 Posted Dec 28 2016 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Block Quote

stats should be allowed to be blocked

^..Nah, still not a good idea. Sorry, no offense to anyone who supports this.

As I stated earlier in this thread...

*Wargaming should apply the Same Tools/Same Rules Policy... for everyone. No exceptions.  

And until we finally have that fair and level playing field, I strongly encourage all you arty players to keep running XVM...and absolutely xvm-snipe these really "gud players". Be smart. Make sure you target and knock them out first, since they are the greatest threats to your team. Starting with the purples, then the blues...and so on and so forth, until you get to me. Like I said, I'll probably be at the bottom of your hit list.

:rolleyes:....

Iron_Soul_Stealer #47 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postfkjackson00, on Dec 25 2016 - 14:58, said:

Perhaps the XVM forum would be the place to make this suggestion?

^..What?!! ...we have an XVM forum here..? Where..?

Please post the link. I'd love to visit.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #48 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 22:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 28579 battles
I totally agree with this but I hate XVM and anything associated with it. I don't mod anything never have. The argument will always be it isn't an advantage it just gives me information (which means I use it to give me an advantage). The second argument is if its an advantage you can download it. I will never it is something that isn't included in the basic programed game so I wont that's my choice. All mods period need to be removed as illegal unless WG wants to include them in the game as an optional setup.

AZandEL #49 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 03:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30228 battles

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Dec 25 2016 - 19:47, said:

My Greetings.

I will now proceed to tell what I think about certain elements of this game ( regardless of one being 3rd party, but highly used )

I think that you SHOULD be allowed to ' block ' your statistics ( XVM ) from being visible for the enemy team.

( From their site options )

Why?

Oh, it is not very nice to be the one that every one wants to kill as soon as possible.

You have to be so very careful with your play and make high quality decisions,

my largest issue being artillery players running XVM,  or group of ' yoloers '

( more easily neutralized than artillery naturally )

Also, enemies tend to be so much more careful and scared if they are facing high level player, I do not like this,

it gives advantage when you see what kind of player you are facing.

I also want to be able to block my user name from the enemies ( I want it to be only visible when I have destroyed enemy player )

I want to be unknown and I want my enemies to only see who I was when I have destroyed them

This is a bit similar to the '' fog of war '' they run with the CW.

Random battles would be so much more exciting with something like this.

If I never get chance to hide who I am I will gladly do it.

I want to be able to play and hunt in peace.

As a player I have the need to remain unknown and hidden.

I think that this would make game more reasonable and even help the artillery hate situation,

To be able to hide yourself if you feel so. ( from the enemy list )

Gasai.

fwiw I Agree - xvm is nothing more than a way to gain advantage despite what anybody claims. I am surprised WG has allowed xvm for as long as it has. But thats what they have decided.

AZandEL #50 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 03:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30228 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 27 2016 - 23:46, said:

^..Nah, still not a good idea. Sorry, no offense to anyone who supports this.

As I stated earlier in this thread...

*Wargaming should apply the Same Tools/Same Rules Policy... for everyone. No exceptions.  

And until we finally have that fair and level playing field, I strongly encourage all you arty players to keep running XVM...and absolutely xvm-snipe these really "gud players". Be smart. Make sure you target and knock them out first, since they are the greatest threats to your team. Starting with the purples, then the blues...and so on and so forth, until you get to me. Like I said, I'll probably be at the bottom of your hit list.

:rolleyes:....

"Make sure you target and knock them out first" thanks for the good idea.

Phloyd113 #51 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14967 battles

If XVM stats were perceived to be a problem, then I suggest that XVM no longer be available in game for anyone. To block just yours would still be a giveaway, as your opponents would see that as a way for you to mask your skills. Thus only those who mask themselves are the prime target once again, thus defeating your very purpose.

As for gameplay itself, XVM does nothing, thus to not have it also does nothing. You are correct in that it can identify the baddies on the opposing team for targeting purposes. But even to do that requires a degree of skill. I am one of those who would use that information as a reason to target a specific enemy, but have found that to be quite the challenge; not because of their skill, but due to the other enemy tanks on the field.

I would be fine with removing XVM entirely. It is very useful as a measurement tool as players want to see if they are improving. But it really has little purpose in battle. OP makes a good point in that, in real battles, the skills of the enemy are never known.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #52 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 23:35

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Jan 01 2017 - 16:02, said:

I totally agree with this but I hate XVM and anything associated with it. I don't mod anything never have. The argument will always be it isn't an advantage it just gives me information (which means I use it to give me an advantage). The second argument is if its an advantage you can download it. I will never it is something that isn't included in the basic programed game so I wont that's my choice. All mods period need to be removed as illegal unless WG wants to include them in the game as an optional setup.

View PostAZandEL, on Jan 01 2017 - 21:10, said:

fwiw I Agree - xvm is nothing more than a way to gain advantage despite what anybody claims. I am surprised WG has allowed xvm for as long as it has. But thats what they have decided.

^..Yep, I absolutely agree. Outstanding points from both of you.

View PostAZandEL, on Jan 01 2017 - 21:12, said:

^..Yep, that's exactly how and why they use this XVM {pubbie/blurple-radar} mod.

*It's such a pleasure to finally see another player here that gets it...and speaks the truth as to the REAL purpose and advantages of this XVM mod. On that note, I'm just going to leave this video here for those players that might still be a bit confused as to Wargamings' new Fair Play Policy regarding illegal cheat mods:

Hurray for Wargaming! :rolleyes:... Bravo!

Ventricon #53 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 07:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2184 battles

As a person who is a 'Tomato'

I do agree with the notion of disabling XVM for atleast the enemy team. As it does give an idea of who to focus and who to not. Rather than it just being a 50/50 of "Shoot T29 #1, or shoot T29 #2" It's "Shoot 8k WN8, or 2K WN8"

Do I think it' significant? Absoloutely not, however it would be nice for your opponents to not over/under estimate you. That and in general it is rather annoying to have people even on your team tell you that anything you say is wrong because "Your wn8 is bad" when rushing up the center of the map in a heavy with a peanut brain isn't any better. I also feel it could make it harder to find randoms to group with. I like to when I'm playing any type of vehicle find a buddy to work with, even if they dont realize it. It's harder to do that openly if they can see that your stats are trash, so they won't work with you 

Yeah yeah I know "Just git gud u nob" 
Quite frankly shut up. It's not ranked, why are my stats ranked. If I wanted ranked stats, I would play ranked battles. Oh wait. 

E25_Syndrome_Aito #54 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 05:06

Major

• Players
  • 61329 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

Nice to see agreement.

Such is the situation with this as it is correct.

Chronus1327 #55 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 19:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2127 battles
  • [PNTRS] PNTRS
I would have taken this seriously if you hand't added all that anime crap.  

Iron_Soul_Stealer #56 Posted Jan 09 2017 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostChronus1326, on Jan 05 2017 - 13:34, said:

I would have taken this seriously if you hand't added all that anime crap.  

^..Yep, I don't "get" all this animated stuff either, but no worries, it's just a trend....and like bad meatloaf, it will pass.

View PostDarkWolf_Un, on Jan 04 2017 - 01:32, said:

As a person who is a 'Tomato'

I do agree with the notion of disabling XVM for atleast the enemy team. As it does give an idea of who to focus and who to not. Rather than it just being a 50/50 of "Shoot T29 #1, or shoot T29 #2" It's "Shoot 8k WN8, or 2K WN8"

^..Yes, that is exactly the real technical advantage that XVM {publicly visible stats} gives to users in-game. And those players that know about this secret 'in-game-gem'...and use this XVM stat feature for that purpose will deliberately try to distract, dissuade, and 'downplay' this huge technical advantage. However, it's obvious in game advantages can not be ignored any longer. It's time to level the playing field, Wargaming. As I've stated many, many times before...

*Wargaming should apply the Same Tools-Same Rules Policy... for everyone. No exceptions.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #57 Posted Jan 11 2017 - 01:26

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Jan 04 2017 - 23:06, said:

Nice to see agreement.

Such is the situation with this as it is correct.

I don't get it..? Is there a poll in this thread..? :amazed:

If so, I can't see it. I'm still unable to see a lot of things in this forum. Stupid internet explorer...

View PostAZandEL, on Jan 01 2017 - 21:12, said:

^..Quick question for you...

*Do you play arty..? And please be honest...I'm not judging. Just curious.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #58 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Jan 01 2017 - 16:02, said:

^..Honestly, the only way I would ever agree to this idea of 'stat-blocking' would be if ALL players stats were blocked by default, and it was left up to each individual player to go into their own settings and manually make them publicly visible again {if they so choose}. It's the only way that would be fair for all players, in my opinion. And yes, that would also include our anonymous pubbie hordes. Their stats would also be blocked by default. That's why.

*In other words, instead of following the model of what the OP is proposing, we would have the same concept, but in reverse. We wouldn't have to manually 'block' our stats in our settings {that would already be done for us by default}, but we would have to manually check a box in our settings to make them publicly visible again. That's the only way I would agree to this idea.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #59 Posted Jan 17 2017 - 18:17

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostDarkWolf_Un, on Jan 04 2017 - 01:32, said:

Yeah yeah I know "Just git gud u nob" 
Quite frankly shut up. It's not ranked, why are my stats ranked. If I wanted ranked stats,
I would play ranked battles. Oh wait. 

^..Dude, there was a player here in this forum that actually posted one of those silly stat siggys with my name on it. I guess they were trying to name and shame me, but it backfired and I think they got moderated for it. I was like...Ya, so what..? ...those are my stats...did you think I'd forget..? True story. Silly people.

Manimal__ #60 Posted Jan 17 2017 - 18:47

Major

• Players
  • 40846 battles

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Dec 25 2016 - 11:47, said:

My Greetings.

I will now proceed to tell what I think about certain elements of this game ( regardless of one being 3rd party, but highly used )

I think that you SHOULD be allowed to ' block ' your statistics ( XVM ) from being visible for the enemy team.

( From their site options )

Why?

Oh, it is not very nice to be the one that every one wants to kill as soon as possible.

You have to be so very careful with your play and make high quality decisions,

my largest issue being artillery players running XVM,  or group of ' yoloers '

( more easily neutralized than artillery naturally )

Also, enemies tend to be so much more careful and scared if they are facing high level player, I do not like this,

it gives advantage when you see what kind of player you are facing.

I also want to be able to block my user name from the enemies ( I want it to be only visible when I have destroyed enemy player )

I want to be unknown and I want my enemies to only see who I was when I have destroyed them

This is a bit similar to the '' fog of war '' they run with the CW.

Random battles would be so much more exciting with something like this.

If I never get chance to hide who I am I will gladly do it.

I want to be able to play and hunt in peace.

As a player I have the need to remain unknown and hidden.

I think that this would make game more reasonable and even help the artillery hate situation,

To be able to hide yourself if you feel so. ( from the enemy list )

Gasai.

Cool, however not everyone uses xvm.

Also tagged with XVM, stats, block, fog, of, war, hide, user, name

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users