10 Maps WoT refuses to allow players to play on

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

AstralEmpyrean #61 Posted Dec 29 2016 - 23:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12143 battles
  • [-PV-] -PV-
As many have stated already, those were removed for being unbalanced/biased, class restrictive, or poorly designed. I started playing long enough ago to remember these maps... but WG emoved them for a reason. Although I can agree that the rotation for the maps sucks. I'm quite bored of the current ones to be honest...

Hellsfog #62 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 00:02

Major

• Players
  • 38697 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Dec 29 2016 - 16:52, said:

The one reason people lose in randoms is impatience. You wanna run strait into people and give them kills, that's on you. It's not the maps fault you can't use the Terran to advantage. They sit and snipe SO WHAT ! They still gotta move to win. You give them 15 kills before the first 5 mins of the battle that's on your teams play. 

I suppose that's true but lately I've been finding teams are very passive. Players seem afraid to bully when they can or trade hp when they should.  I don't think it's impatience as much as bad decisions. Vbaddict showed the number of battles and win rates by side and there were some that were so lopsided, bad play alone couldn't not account for it. 

aethervox #63 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 03:04

Major

• Players
  • 27054 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

View PostSilvers_, on Dec 29 2016 - 22:09, said:

funny thing is Himmelsdorf always wins the favorite map award.

LOL and I see hellsfog is making friends and doing rnjesus's work.

And Can the OP is making a bunch of assumptions about things he has no idea of. They have explained WHY those maps were removed. And just because he could win on either side doesn't mean jack.

They had all kinds of data on the maps. I really liked NW thought it as great but they pulled it because the North Spawn won a vast majority of the time. They could sit on the ridge and snipe while the south spawn pushed into them. The only place the south spawn could do that was the middle near cap and the back exit (that went south) and both of those spots were wide open with no cover like the North Spawn.

One map would, so what?

-----------

Assumptions I have no idea of ..... spell them out, Silvers.  Winning on both sides of any map means you can win on any side of any map. Fact. Baseline fact, Silvers.

You liked NW?  Only your interpretation as to how to win? News Flash, Silvers, there's many ways to win on NW. (too bad you are so limited).

No matter the map (or side), there's always "A' way to win.

When you have 100% wins, Silvers, I'll listen to you. ROFL

Edited by aethervox, Dec 30 2016 - 19:12.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #64 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 07:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 29223 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostSilvers_, on Dec 29 2016 - 16:09, said:

LOL now it's mods? Yeah those tin foil clothes are super snug. maybe get out of the basement once in awhile.

Just like a CHILD to blame others for their own failings.

By the way how the hell did you miss the 59K games under his forum picture and think that was a alt account...Christ how many matches does a person have to play to be considered a main account??????????????????

I dont get the impression the OP was crying about wins or loses on current map. I think he was just [edited]about WG removing them on the map purge in the name of balance sometime ago. When i played before I enjoyed most of them. A couple I had issues with were not the maps fault they were mine. I play at 20FPS or less and bad rendering along with being a 100 years old makes execution difficult at times.

Hellsfog is an [edited]so no loss for my reading and no loss for him not being read by one person.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Dec 30 2016 - 08:05.

aethervox #65 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 27054 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

TY, again, Can of Tomatoes, for realizing my intent (unlike Silvers who resorts to personal insults).

Unfortunately, some players have a problem recognizing others genuine concerns about WoT perceived failings.

Specifically, the blocking of 11 maps from play (a full 25% of all unique maps) along with the related issues of 1) the map rotation problem & 2) the lack of maps for the lower tiers.

Plus there is the issue of barely any brand new unique maps irregardless of the removed maps and/or the present number of playable maps (which, quite frankly, are becoming increasingly stale).

Edited by aethervox, Dec 30 2016 - 19:10.

Spanktankk #66 Posted Dec 30 2016 - 19:14

Major

• Players
  • 38306 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

I want the map back that had the dinosaur in the middle.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #67 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 02:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 29223 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

https://youtu.be/HLBF_xIAvNw

Add to your misery of missing these.

Essentially RU players like their IS-3s, so nowadays all maps are designed to have short ranged corridors so IS-3s can spot for themselves and brawl. You may find many changes are geared towards what the RU server players call for. Why they are where WG makes by far the most money.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Jan 01 2017 - 02:16.

WarGanz_87 #68 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 17:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 57926 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
OK, to get the older 'unbalanced' maps back into play. Offer an additional option at Settings ~>Random Map Type ~>No Whine,Old Maps for players with > 10K games. And the 10K game requirement is open to debate.This will give more maps immediately to us. They only have to make one minor change to the settings dialog box but would have to push those maps out to players for an increase in drive space. The increase in drive space is a negligible impact today. As this as an option, you can play them if you want but no whining about 'balance'. If you don't want to play them to keep your precious Wn8 ratings, then you never see them. Win-Win for everyone.

Another option would be be to offer the much maligned Province map back but as a specialty grudge match up. Offer it as an additional offering on Saturdays as a match up of American T-7 Cars vs. BT-7/BT-7 arty in a similar fashion as the soccer matches. Other match ups are possible per imagination or even have a poll of what would be match up du' jour of the weekend.  A quick fun shoot'em up to earn credits.

My 2¢,

gmbeaker #69 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 50846 battles

WG TO STUPID TO BRING BACK THOSE 11 MAPS!  GET OVER IT!  THEY WANT  TO DO MINI MAPS, SOUNDS AND SOCCER/LEGO EVENTS!  MAPS HAS NO PRIOTY TO THEM 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users