So.... the other game has "Removed Arty" TOTALLY......

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

leeuniverse #1 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:04

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

For their Next upcoming update, called Balance 2.0.....

I did a search, and was surprised no-one's mentioned it, unless mods have removed the threads because they don't want advertising for the other game?

Anyway, there's been major forum wars on the issue (me most of all (and a few contributers here and there) against the Arty haters that even still exist in that game where arty is just fine), because most of the playerbase didn't actually want arty totally removed, or at least were fine for partial removal, just from PVP, but kept for the games other modes in which Arty doesn't bother people, or I should say still reduced in the PVE mode in relation to AI Arty, but the class still kept in the game.  In other words, the Arty Haters would have gotten what they wanted, but the lovers would have still been able to play the class, even if limited to the modes it could be played in.  The only actual "Arty Survey" the other game did, was back in open beta in which 80% of the playerbase liked how arty was.  They don't actually know how arty is liked now, they are just judging by some negativity that still exists.  The forum itself shows HALF want arty kept as is, half want it removed.  Though, the removals could likely be fine, if it was just removed from PVP only, and AI Arty reduced.

Anyway, I and many others are very angry with AW, that we might even actually leave that game over it, including at least one of their coming new changes, the massive nerfs to tanks in how the "move" in every aspect of movement, as well the massive Heavy (MBT in that game) Frontal weakspots nerfing, we wanted slightly bigger, so there wasn't the pixel hunting, but not huge.  Like, we didn't want huge frontal weakspots like WOT Heavy tanks have.

So, those who remember, for a long time I had created Feedback threads and been BEGGING WOT to make arty similar to how that other game did, much lower damage shots, similar to a regular heavy or medium tank, and arty to perform well like any tank, so both players and tankers could enjoy and "live" with arty.  So, I was very happy to get a game that I thought believed in good quality control and satisfying their customers.  But sadly, they seem to be going the WOT direction of "nerfs" to tanks, instead of other balance methods that I had been also trying to tell WOT for years, things like much great HP levels, less power between tiers, etc.  Though, some of the good changes with Balance 2.0 are a reduction in damage, power, and damage between tiers, though some of it not enough, that will make any real difference anyway.

Their new game mode called GLOP's shows my more HP solution makes a more enjoyable game for more people, but they achieve a similar result through "Re-spawning", though that's not the better solution for a competive mode like PVP, more HP is, that get's rid of the WHAM and your game is over before you could even play.

So, I left this game about 8 months ago because the Physics was the final straw for me....  I also got so tired of the TIME and work I had to spend, just to make the game QUALITY in design and features to even play the game AT ALL (by making a mod pack LAMP), similar to how the other game is designed already.  The other game, I don't have to do anything to it.  WOT in contrast, is like a 1980's Website it's so crap in design and features.  But, now I fear I may lose the other game because I can't seem to convince these game developers that "nerfing" is NOT the solution to creating balance, it's backward thinking.  Because every year and every update WOT nerfs and nerfs and nerfs, and all they have done is create an utterly crap performing game, so anyone with a modicum of self respect simply won't play it anymore.  I stayed as long as I did because I am a masochist, and I had hope the game would improve, but it didn't, it just got worse, the physics being the last straw, totally ruining my enjoyment of playing lights, which I finally got good at which I used to suck in.  (btw my official stats are not accurate, used to use my account to mod test which was a constant process)

So, I can never come back to this game, unless they have a radical paradigm shift in what a quality game should be like.

If this game could have the quality UI design, features, and great performing tanks, tanks aiming, moving, etc. like they should, then I would come back to this game.  I was dedicated to this game, but I just couldn't take it anymore.  I know there are changes apparently coming to the game, but in what degree?  I know arty's going to be similar to the other game apparently etc.  But, can anyone answer if they are focused on quality like the other game?  BTW, I know the other game doesn't have the population, especially on NA as this game, but that's because their PVP basically still felt like WOT's PVP.  Balance 2.0 is supposed to address those problems, but some like I've mentioned go the wrong way.

As to Arty the other game gave some "excuses" as to why they removed the class (turning it into a wannabe TD class).

- They said not enough of the playerbase played the class "in their view".

- They said they didn't want to spend resources on a class that few played.

- They said players views wanted arty removed, as stated in survey's and on the forum etc.

- They said it was hard to create maps.

Well, I debunked each of those views creating threads on Arty after the announcement, as to why they aren't accurate and valid reasons, I won't get into those reasons/facts here (you can check the General Feedback and Artillery forums to read them).

What it ultimately comes down to it seems, is a desperate move by the other game to try and get more players because the game is failing.

Instead of either improving the class per the suggestions two of us had made with detailed Suggestion threads on how to further do so, or instead of simply removing it from PVP, when they still have 3 other modes the class could be used in still, they chose to remove the class entirely from the game.

Anyway, I'm angry.....

What are your thoughts on this, and is there hope still for WOT....?  When the sandbox etc. changes finally come out, will I be able to come back to a game that's actually based in quality, or is it going to be basically the same crap game in UI, features, and tank performance with just some tweaking, such as a better arty, and some minor tank performance differences?

I don't believe the other game will be "bad" yet, but with the changes, I'm not even going to bother with playing PVP there, when they have GLOP's which I'm doing great in so don't even need PVP anymore.  But, not having arty is hard to swallow, because I use arty to bring down my blood pressure after hard tanking.  It's a necessity for me.  I may leave mostly for that reason alone.  But I have no-where to go if I do....

Help.....

p.s.....  For the "stat bully's" which have come out in the past on this forum (and have one that came out on the other now, and then his followers), questioning my one statement above about my "actual" skill level compared to my official stats, I provide one 201 game example, back at around 10k games (did 15k more games after that, getting much better), back when I mostly only played Heavy's and TD's, and I sucked in lights.  This was done the next 3 days of play, after being attacked on this forum over the same issue.  Another time I was attacked, I did a 500 game example, but I lost that one, but it had the same results.  I also provide screenshots of my GLOP's play, after being attacked by some stat bully's on that forum, I also did these nights of games ON DEMAND, so no cherry picking involved.  Also, the last 3 nights were in a row, so again no cherry picking.  So, just being "pre-emptive" to anyone who wants to stat bully.  You can accept it or shut it, no need to hear your crap of why only official stats matter, how nobody can ever have legit reasons their official stats are off, that they "should" have done something else, blah blah blah, been there done that, these are the facts, accept it or shut it thanks.

WOT Play: http://imgur.com/a/BizSt

GLOP's Night 1: http://imgur.com/a/jZYTA

GLOP's Night 2: http://imgur.com/a/qh9KC

GLOP's Night 3: http://imgur.com/a/LdqWe

GLOP's Night 4: http://imgur.com/a/nwvfW

GLOP's Night 5: http://imgur.com/a/YaWGA

RamaLamaDingDong2 #2 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles
Good all the arty whiners can leave now. By the way it isnt a BALANCE patch its a desperate reach to appeal to all the crying players on WoT to jump over. Lame marketing ploy.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Jan 01 2017 - 00:07.

Lethalhavoc #3 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

All 10 people playing the other game will rejoice and feast now.

Catatonick #4 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:12

Captain

• Players
  • 15693 battles
  • [IDIED] IDIED
It's been mentioned a lot.

It's also a dumb idea. Don't sit in the open if you don't want hit by arty. I've played quite a few games these past few days and only been hit by arty 3 of them. It's not that bad...

GatoRat #5 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59209 battles
I like World of Tanks. You don't. So why play it?

leeuniverse #6 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:18

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostCatatonick, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:12, said:

It's been mentioned a lot.

It's also a dumb idea. Don't sit in the open if you don't want hit by arty. I've played quite a few games these past few days and only been hit by arty 3 of them. It's not that bad...

Ah, didn't find one in my search....

Agree.... I utterly hated Arty in WOT as both a tanker and arty player, utter crap.

But the other games arty was wonderful on both ends, it performed great as a player, and it wasn't overly irritating as a tanker.

But good lord, people still complained about arty even over there.  Just rediculous.

Nevertheless, I was willing to compromise, understanding that people want their "safe space", so I would have been willing as a last resort to have removed it in the ways that it affected them.

But, arty lovers could have still played the class.  But, the arty haters sadly weren't reasonable.  Like the ones here, they want "total removal" instead of a fair to all solution.

Manimal__ #7 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 40472 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 15:06, said:

Good all the arty whiners can leave now. By the way it isnt a BALANCE patch its a desperate reach to appeal to all the crying players on WoT to jump over. Lame marketing ploy.

Yup. Also, AW has been slowly dying for quite some time and now is try to grab on to whatever they can to stay alive. People thought and still maybe thinking that jumping over to AW from WoT is going to be great. Only to be surprised that game also has many flaws that they have to get used.

View Postleeuniverse, on Dec 31 2016 - 15:18, said:

Agree.... I utterly hated Arty in WOT as both a tanker and arty player, utter crap.

But the other games arty was wonderful on both ends, it performed great as a player, and it wasn't overly irritating as a tanker.

But good lord, people still complained about arty even over there.  Just rediculous.

Nevertheless, I was willing to compromise, understanding that people want their "safe space", so I would have been willing as a last resort to have removed it in the ways that it affected them.

But, arty lovers could have still played the class.  But, the arty haters sadly weren't reasonable.  Like the ones here, they want "total removal" instead of a fair to all solution.

+1

leeuniverse #8 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostGatoRat, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:15, said:

I like World of Tanks. You don't. So why play it?

Well, if you know the T49, then you basically understand the theory of why I still "did" play WOT.

You enjoy the game, but you hate it also......  I stuck with it so long, because hey it's a tank game, it's fun.

But it also sucked donkey at the same time in the things I mentioned.

stalkervision #9 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:24

Major

• Players
  • 67917 battles
Isn't the other game on the way out? :P

HOTA_CHATON #10 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 13413 battles
Sorry but they have not.  I just played a couple rounds with my Abbott.  They are talking about removing it temporarily.

leeuniverse #11 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postmanimal79, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:19, said:

Yup. Also, AW has been slowly dying for quite some time and now is try to grab on to whatever they can to stay alive. People thought and still maybe thinking that jumping over to AW from WoT is going to be great. Only to be surprised that game also has many flaws that they have to get used.

Ya, like I mentioned above, their PVP basically felt EXACTLY THE SAME......

Still had steam-rolls, still had "WHAM" and your game is over before you can even play or play much.

I had been telling WOT for years how to fix this, which is the primary reason most people leave these games, and I was doing the same over on their forum.

Things like arty, op tanks, MM, tiers spread power differneces etc., those can be fixed too, but they are "symptoms" of the biggest problem with these games, and that's not enough HP to truly enjoy the game.

One basically has to be one of the ELITE players of the games to enjoy them...... 95%+ of the playerbases aren't elite, so these games need serious adjustment.

WOT while it has survivived, it has a HUGE turnover.  The other game simply didn't yet have the "base" population to keep people, and since it's PVP felt like WOT's still, they either left the games all together, or just decided to come back to WOT since that's where the action and the Clans were.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #12 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:18, said:

Ya I want the all the unseen TDs that DO ONE Shot me removed it impairs my enjoyment of the match. Also the annoying lights that circle me faster than I can turn to hit them remove them also. While they are at it remove those annoying heavy's that are so difficult to penetrate two tiers higher that one shot and then ram me to death. You know I got an issue with those pesky mediums also with the auto loaders that pump a full clip in me at point blank range...that has to be changed also.

You know it never ends when you go down that path.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Jan 01 2017 - 00:27.

HOTA_CHATON #13 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:26

Major

• Players
  • 13413 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:06, said:

Wrong again.  The PVE and the new combo mode are always doing well.  PVP sucks, just like here.

leeuniverse #14 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:25, said:

Sorry but they have not.  I just played a couple rounds with my Abbott.  They are talking about removing it temporarily.

LOL no....

They are removing the Class as "Arty"..... aka "Indirect Fire" tanks, and turning them into "direct fire" tanks, so just wannabe TD's like I said.

Catatonick #15 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:29

Captain

• Players
  • 15693 battles
  • [IDIED] IDIED
I was ok with that arty but I don't think it's bad here. I'll be interested in how the rework here will go. If we can at least daze people with near misses I'm ok with that. I'd rather daze them than hit them for 10 points.

leeuniverse #16 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:30

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:26, said:

Ya I want the all the unseen TDs that DO ONE Shot me removed it impairs my enjoyment of the match. Also the annoying lights that circle me faster than I can turn to hit them remove them also. While they are at it remove those annoying heavy's that are so difficult to penetrate two tiers higher that one shot and then ram me to death. You know I got an issue with those pesky mediums also with the auto loaders that pump a full clip in me at point blank range...that has to be changed also.

I know, totally agree.....  Reasonable people can understand WOT's Arty was broken for bother players and tankers (though T9's & 10's weren't bad overly as players).

But, lord..... how do these people even live when hidden tanks shoot them, or like in GLOP's a Drone is spotting them?

What is insane too, is the primary two people who most got up in my grill on their forum are Unicorns or Super Unicorns in WOT.

It's like WT frack!!!???

Kamahl1234 #17 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:31

Major

• Players
  • 18395 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Dec 31 2016 - 23:27, said:

LOL no....

They are removing the Class as "Arty"..... aka "Indirect Fire" tanks, and turning them into "direct fire" tanks, so just wannabe TD's like I said.

I'd also mention that isn't it currently what they're testing on their test server (or planning to)?

As it's not yet changed in live. 

leeuniverse #18 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:34

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostKamahl1234, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:31, said:

I'd also mention that isn't it currently what they're testing on their test server (or planning to)?

As it's not yet changed in live. 

It's the 100% planned change for the next update of the game.  So, it's set in stone.

And they've said, no matter how much we complain, they won't change their minds.
Of course, they also used to tell us that they will NEVER totally remove arty from the game.

So who the hell knows with them.

Yes, it's not "live" yet, it's on the RU Test Server, not yet on EU/NA test server yet.

I've been watching some RU test server videos of the changes.  Some are fine with arty removal, some don't like it, even if they are okay with have the new "style" of SPG class.

Eleven_Hotel #19 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:36

Captain

• Players
  • 92317 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

It's a FREE Game!

If you don't like SPG then uninstall and go to the OTHER Game.

Stop whining about it.

norby16 #20 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20742 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 23:06, said:

100% true and accurate point. That "other game" is like the kid that let you have all their toys just to be friends with them.

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 23:26, said:

Yes, I die in lots of matches. They need to replace the enemy team with bots that can't pen me. Heck, make random matches scripted bot battles where you always manage to have a cinematic and heroic victory!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users