So.... the other game has "Removed Arty" TOTALLY......

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Pakratte #21 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12557 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 18:06, said:

Good all the arty whiners can leave now. By the way it isnt a BALANCE patch its a desperate reach to appeal to all the crying players on WoT to jump over. Lame marketing ploy.

Love these butt hurt arty players.. EVEN if its on another game it makes me smile knowing that these [edited]don't always get their way.

Edited by Pakratte, Jan 01 2017 - 00:43.

Kamahl1234 #22 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 18395 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Dec 31 2016 - 23:34, said:

It's the 100% planned change for the next update of the game.  So, it's set in stone.

And they've said, no matter how much we complain, they won't change their minds.
Of course, they also used to tell us that they will NEVER totally remove arty from the game.

So who the hell knows with them.

Yes, it's not "live" yet, it's on the RU Test Server, not yet on EU/NA test server yet.

I've been watching some RU test server videos of the changes.  Some are fine with arty removal, some don't like it, even if they are okay with have the new "style" of SPG class.

So they made the final decision on the TD-mode? As last I had heard was it was a tentative "solution" that they were testing before making a final decision if they would remove it entirely or not. 

Honestly, I'm seeing even less that I approve of in that game, and I rather regret supporting it early on, I've been pretty disappointed in it overall :/

RamaLamaDingDong2 #23 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:26, said:

Wrong again.  The PVE and the new combo mode are always doing well.  PVP sucks, just like here.

I have an account there. There is no population anywhere...so wrong again and I am right again I know its like the NE Pats and the Super Bowl but deal with it.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #24 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles

View Postnorby16, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:37, said:

Heck, make random matches scripted bot battles where you always manage to have a cinematic and heroic victory!

Made spit my Pepsi on my new keyboard thanks a lot.

leeuniverse #25 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:47

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Ya, it's a for sure plan, unless enough people yell at them for it, they aren't changing their mind.

They said they've "considered the strong feelings people will have concerning it's removal, they had lot's of discussions over it".

The game has a LOT going for it, over WOT in my view, but they've made some mistakes and seem to be making more, though SOME to be fair are good solutions coming.

It's a great game with a lot more coming with it, but Balance 2.0 is holy ship in a couple of things (even with a couple of good things).

Edited by leeuniverse, Jan 01 2017 - 00:52.

Blackhorse_Three_ #26 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:47

Captain

• Players
  • 6629 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

I'll start by saying that both games painted themselves into corner by putting artillery tubes on the map in the first place.

I'm gonna mix metaphors here, but they fit. Both games, each in their own way, have a 900-pound gorilla sitting on their chest and I'll bet that each game has been watching the other to see who was gonna crack first. At this point, it looks like AW did, but WG is gonna have to watch it all and learn from it.

A few weeks ago, Blackhorse_Six proposed a traditional OBA package that takes the tubes off the map, makes artillery a more realistic fire support partner, and allows the vacated slots to be filled-in by maneuvering tanks.

That plan met alot of resistance, mostly from the hard-core Arty Haters who will settle for nothing less than the total removal of the concept. Six's plan didn't address every little detail, but it was simple and based on years of experience with complex board-style war games and miniatures rules, with a heavy dose of his own experience with Armor and Field Artillery in RL.

leeuniverse #27 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:51

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:44, said:

I have an account there. There is no population anywhere...so wrong again and I am right again I know its like the NE Pats and the Super Bowl but deal with it.

Actually PVE is always easy to get a game no matter server, I know, I play every day on NA.

Other games modes are fine on RU and EU, just dead on NA.

Though, you can generally play GLOP's between 6-10pm on NA (only Tier 5 and up) MST.

Balance 2.0 is supposed to help PVP get more live again, fixing things WOT would never fix, though doing some wrong things also, and not enough or other things they should still do to make a better PVP.

So, their game is going the right direction, but couple things clearly wrong like total arty removal.

Shortcult #28 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

I spent more money in 2016 on AW than I did WoT.  Had high hopes for arty in AW.  But I left the game for various reasons including not solving the arty problem acceptably.  Arty was fine in the beginning, low damage dealing class that made players respect certain 'avenues'.  They seem to be responding too much to player input tho.  Really, as far as I am concerned, players know [edited]about creating a sustainable game.  Millennials ruin pretty much EVERYTHING they come in contact to with their 'what about me' [edited].  I do not predict it, but a storm is coming where everyone with their PC [edited]is shunned in favor of what is right.

Thanks [edited]God my children were born before this self centered [edited].

Because I inhabit (not by choice) the high ground, I will not name some of you retarded development children who exemplify this trait, but a certain gunner comes to mind.

Get a clue FFS.  

Bavor #29 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 33935 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostCatatonick, on Dec 31 2016 - 18:12, said:

Don't sit in the open if you don't want hit by arty. I've played quite a few games these past few days and only been hit by arty 3 of them. It's not that bad...

With the splash radius of some arty that doesn't matter.  I've been dry humping a 3 story building, very large rock, or a cliff and still been splashed by arty for several hundred HP.    There are very few useful arty safe spots on most maps.

johnmadara #30 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:07

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View PostCatatonick, on Dec 31 2016 - 23:12, said:

It's been mentioned a lot.

It's also a dumb idea. Don't sit in the open if you don't want hit by arty. I've played quite a few games these past few days and only been hit by arty 3 of them. It's not that bad...

if only it was that simple, i get focused all the time even while going full speed and trying my absolute hardest not to get hit... I should go camp in the back and be perfectly safe from arty, oh wait wont I be punished

leeuniverse #31 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:07

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
LOL.... that was funny.  "dry humping"

Nonamanadus #32 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:14

Major

• Players
  • 32186 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
If there are one of two arty, I don't mind (in fact it makes a guy keep on his toes), seeing four or five does make it more unpleasant in game. Everything is about balance after all.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #33 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles

View PostBavor, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:59, said:

With the splash radius of some arty that doesn't matter.  I've been dry humping a 3 story building, very large rock, or a cliff and still been splashed by arty for several hundred HP.    There are very few useful arty safe spots on most maps.

Here in lays the first incorrect but popular arty avoidance technique. Depending on the pre match survey of what type of arty you are facing will tell you if this is going to be viable or a stupid move. Dont assume a rock is going to protect you. Its like the guy who screams cheats when half his tank is sticking out from behind the rock when you nail him. Second play arty and you will see VERY quickly what targets to pass by and ones to focus on. I love the rock hugging players they are simply to easy to focus fire on. I hate the skilled players that move and move in a slightly erratic manner because I have to guess the next position and I don't have the time to get the small circle intact to fire with any assurance of a hit. I hate the TD that are spotted and fire then move and break the spot. Move on to the idiots who get spotted and sit in their bush apparently thinking they are still hidden. Nothing is more fun than guesstimating the path of a fast light and gauging his speed with distance time then nailing his [edited]. Why because again he doesn't think to adjust his path...boom dead. PLAY arty to learn what makes you the last target on the list it isn't that hard.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Jan 01 2017 - 01:18.

leeuniverse #34 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:19

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostNonamanadus, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:14, said:

If there are one of two arty, I don't mind (in fact it makes a guy keep on his toes), seeing four or five does make it more unpleasant in game. Everything is about balance after all.

Ya, that was always one of my solutions to fix Arty in BOTH games.....  Just allow ONE arty player per side.

Then there could be a setting in Settings for those who are fine with having 3 arty's, for those who want to platoon and/or want to have more of a challenge to the game.

I mean simple helpful fix among others, and neither game ever did it yet.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #35 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Dec 31 2016 - 18:19, said:

Ya, that was always one of my solutions to fix Arty in BOTH games.....  Just allow ONE arty player per side.

Then there could be a setting in Settings for those who are fine with having 3 arty's, for those who want to platoon and/or want to have more of a challenge to the game.

I mean simple helpful fix among others, and neither game ever did it yet.

What i would like is limit one TD with 50% camo and a gun that can pen anywhere with a range of two thirds of the map. Seriously TD cause a vastly more damage with deadly accuracy that cant be seen than any amount of arty ever will. Talk about not being able to fight back because you cant see them. HELL a hidden SU 144-22 can destroy you before it is ever spotted. E-25 can wreak you in five shots and never be revealed. RHM same story and it can 1 ACTUALLY shot many tanks....the list can go on but arty is the problem LOL.

_Flubber #36 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5907 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Jan 01 2017 - 00:04, said:

For their Next upcoming update, called Balance 2.0.....

I did a search, and was surprised no-one's mentioned it, unless mods have removed the threads because they don't want advertising for the other game?

Anyway, there's been major forum wars on the issue (me most of all (and a few contributers here and there) against the Arty haters that even still exist in that game where arty is just fine), because most of the playerbase didn't actually want arty totally removed, or at least were fine for partial removal, just from PVP, but kept for the games other modes in which Arty doesn't bother people, or I should say still reduced in the PVE mode in relation to AI Arty, but the class still kept in the game.  In other words, the Arty Haters would have gotten what they wanted, but the lovers would have still been able to play the class, even if limited to the modes it could be played in.  The only actual "Arty Survey" the other game did, was back in open beta in which 80% of the playerbase liked how arty was.  They don't actually know how arty is liked now, they are just judging by some negativity that still exists.  The forum itself shows HALF want arty kept as is, half want it removed.  Though, the removals could likely be fine, if it was just removed from PVP only, and AI Arty reduced.

Anyway, I and many others are very angry with AW, that we might even actually leave that game over it, including at least one of their coming new changes, the massive nerfs to tanks in how the "move" in every aspect of movement, as well the massive Heavy (MBT in that game) Frontal weakspots nerfing, we wanted slightly bigger, so there wasn't the pixel hunting, but not huge.  Like, we didn't want huge frontal weakspots like WOT Heavy tanks have.

So, those who remember, for a long time I had created Feedback threads and been BEGGING WOT to make arty similar to how that other game did, much lower damage shots, similar to a regular heavy or medium tank, and arty to perform well like any tank, so both players and tankers could enjoy and "live" with arty.  So, I was very happy to get a game that I thought believed in good quality control and satisfying their customers.  But sadly, they seem to be going the WOT direction of "nerfs" to tanks, instead of other balance methods that I had been also trying to tell WOT for years, things like much great HP levels, less power between tiers, etc.  Though, some of the good changes with Balance 2.0 are a reduction in damage, power, and damage between tiers, though some of it not enough, that will make any real difference anyway.

Their new game mode called GLOP's shows my more HP solution makes a more enjoyable game for more people, but they achieve a similar result through "Re-spawning", though that's not the better solution for a competive mode like PVP, more HP is, that get's rid of the WHAM and your game is over before you could even play.

So, I left this game about 8 months ago because the Physics was the final straw for me....  I also got so tired of the TIME and work I had to spend, just to make the game QUALITY in design and features to even play the game AT ALL (by making a mod pack LAMP), similar to how the other game is designed already.  The other game, I don't have to do anything to it.  WOT in contrast, is like a 1980's Website it's so crap in design and features.  But, now I fear I may lose the other game because I can't seem to convince these game developers that "nerfing" is NOT the solution to creating balance, it's backward thinking.  Because every year and every update WOT nerfs and nerfs and nerfs, and all they have done is create an utterly crap performing game, so anyone with a modicum of self respect simply won't play it anymore.  I stayed as long as I did because I am a masochist, and I had hope the game would improve, but it didn't, it just got worse, the physics being the last straw, totally ruining my enjoyment of playing lights, which I finally got good at which I used to suck in.  (btw my official stats are not accurate, used to use my account to mod test which was a constant process)

So, I can never come back to this game, unless they have a radical paradigm shift in what a quality game should be like.

If this game could have the quality UI design, features, and great performing tanks, tanks aiming, moving, etc. like they should, then I would come back to this game.  I was dedicated to this game, but I just couldn't take it anymore.  I know there are changes apparently coming to the game, but in what degree?  I know arty's going to be similar to the other game apparently etc.  But, can anyone answer if they are focused on quality like the other game?  BTW, I know the other game doesn't have the population, especially on NA as this game, but that's because their PVP basically still felt like WOT's PVP.  Balance 2.0 is supposed to address those problems, but some like I've mentioned go the wrong way.

As to Arty the other game gave some "excuses" as to why they removed the class (turning it into a wannabe TD class).

- They said not enough of the playerbase played the class "in their view".

- They said they didn't want to spend resources on a class that few played.

- They said players views wanted arty removed, as stated in survey's and on the forum etc.

- They said it was hard to create maps.

Well, I debunked each of those views creating threads on Arty after the announcement, as to why they aren't accurate and valid reasons, I won't get into those reasons/facts here (you can check the General Feedback and Artillery forums to read them).

What it ultimately comes down to it seems, is a desperate move by the other game to try and get more players because the game is failing.

Instead of either improving the class per the suggestions two of us had made with detailed Suggestion threads on how to further do so, or instead of simply removing it from PVP, when they still have 3 other modes the class could be used in still, they chose to remove the class entirely from the game.

Anyway, I'm angry.....

What are your thoughts on this, and is there hope still for WOT....?  When the sandbox etc. changes finally come out, will I be able to come back to a game that's actually based in quality, or is it going to be basically the same crap game in UI, features, and tank performance with just some tweaking, such as a better arty, and some minor tank performance differences?

I don't believe the other game will be "bad" yet, but with the changes, I'm not even going to bother with playing PVP there, when they have GLOP's which I'm doing great in so don't even need PVP anymore.  But, not having arty is hard to swallow, because I use arty to bring down my blood pressure after hard tanking.  It's a necessity for me.  I may leave mostly for that reason alone.  But I have no-where to go if I do....

Help.....

p.s.....  For the "stat bully's" which have come out in the past on this forum (and have one that came out on the other now, and then his followers), questioning my one statement above about my "actual" skill level compared to my official stats, I provide one 201 game example, back at around 10k games (did 15k more games after that, getting much better), back when I mostly only played Heavy's and TD's, and I sucked in lights.  This was done the next 3 days of play, after being attacked on this forum over the same issue.  Another time I was attacked, I did a 500 game example, but I lost that one, but it had the same results.  I also provide screenshots of my GLOP's play, after being attacked by some stat bully's on that forum, I also did these nights of games ON DEMAND, so no cherry picking involved.  Also, the last 3 nights were in a row, so again no cherry picking.  So, just being "pre-emptive" to anyone who wants to stat bully.  You can accept it or shut it, no need to hear your crap of why only official stats matter, how nobody can ever have legit reasons their official stats are off, that they "should" have done something else, blah blah blah, been there done that, these are the facts, accept it or shut it thanks.

WOT Play: http://imgur.com/a/BizSt

GLOP's Night 1: http://imgur.com/a/jZYTA

GLOP's Night 2: http://imgur.com/a/qh9KC

GLOP's Night 3: http://imgur.com/a/LdqWe

GLOP's Night 4: http://imgur.com/a/nwvfW

GLOP's Night 5: http://imgur.com/a/YaWGA

WHAT IS THE OTHER GAME!

leeuniverse #37 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:39

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:33, said:

What i would like is limit one TD with 50% camo and a gun that can pen anywhere with a range of two thirds of the map. Seriously TD cause a vastly more damage with deadly accuracy that cant be seen than any amount of arty ever will. Talk about not being able to fight back because you cant see them. HELL a hidden SU 144-22 can destroy you before it is ever spotted. E-25 can wreak you in five shots and never be revealed. RHM same story and it can 1 ACTUALLY shot many tanks....the list can go on but arty is the problem LOL.

Me, I think of other people, not just myself.  But, I also understand that if things can be improved they should be.

Plus, this solution would have been most ideally implemented with Arty also working like a normal tank in performance, i.e. more accurate, better aim-time, etc.

So, I'm thinking of the Arty player also....

Arty is also the most primary support tank of any, so it's not unreasonable to limit it to one, since it's indirect fire is not something you can entirely predict, like you can other tanks that have direct fire.

It's not a bad thing to think of everyone, to increase enjoyment for all, and more reasonable fairness to all.

johnmadara #38 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Jan 01 2017 - 00:33, said:

you can hide from TDs when spotted, you cant from arty... rhm can do maximum 900 damage with 15cm, arty can do 2k+... see the difference?

leeuniverse #39 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostThe_Exposed_Taco, on Dec 31 2016 - 17:39, said:

WHAT IS THE OTHER GAME!

LOL, you can check the screenshots and get more info/clues, or people have mentioned it in the thread already.

Google is your magic friend.  :)

Manimal__ #40 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 40472 battles

View PostThe_Exposed_Taco, on Dec 31 2016 - 16:39, said:

WHAT IS THE OTHER GAME!

I thought me using the acronym of said game was enough. You may have missed my post.

View Postmanimal79, on Dec 31 2016 - 15:19, said:

Yup. Also, AW has been slowly dying for quite some time and now is try to grab on to whatever they can to stay alive. People thought and still maybe thinking that jumping over to AW from WoT is going to be great. Only to be surprised that game also has many flaws that they have to get used.

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users