Jump to content


Dice Roll on Sign-In


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

slantytank #1 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 03:04

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23390 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

I observed this a couple of years ago about how your session will go.

 

On sign-in, the algos roll for you, you either will have a good day or a bad one.

There's nothing else that can explain why there are sessions with 80% win rates and other with 80% losing streaks.

 

Another reason why I hate this game more and more.



DarkConfidant #2 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 03:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21064 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    03-14-2013
I miss negative votes so much.

Dceriana98 #3 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 03:15

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21298 battles
  • 118
  • [2HARM] 2HARM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013
3 days ago i had a 82 % winrate next day was 12 % i almost quit playing but then i remember the tankrewards. free stuff always keep me going

slantytank #4 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 03:16

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23390 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

View PostDarkConfidant, on Jan 01 2017 - 18:13, said:

I miss negative votes so much.

 

Little girls thrive on giving negative votes.

BigMeatHammer #5 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 03:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 47545 battles
  • 2,043
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

I suspect an International conspiracy to keep you down OP. I'd report each loss as a HAX and unfair gameplay.

My loses were due to RelicHaxPack, VillianAimBot & TsavoHaxPack.

 

Hope this helps OP


Edited by BigMeatHammer, Jan 02 2017 - 03:25.


Catatonick #6 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 04:05

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15569 battles
  • 1,203
  • [IDIED] IDIED
  • Member since:
    09-11-2011

View Postslantytank, on Jan 01 2017 - 21:04, said:

I observed this a couple of years ago about how your session will go.

 

On sign-in, the algos roll for you, you either will have a good day or a bad one.

There's nothing else that can explain why there are sessions with 80% win rates and other with 80% losing streaks.

 

Another reason why I hate this game more and more.

 

...or...

 

You have a much higher impact on a battle than you think so when you are playing really poorly, you negatively impact your team so much so that you lose significantly more than you win. 

 

A single tank or pair of tanks can completely swing a battle for better or worse. 

 

Streaks do happen in both directions but you should also know when the losses are your fault. Don't blame everyone else or the developer for all your losses. 



Thrain_Ironsword #7 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 04:24

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14961 battles
  • 1,158
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    05-14-2014
Lol... what about all those days where you have 40-60% win/loss ratio?  It's called random.  When a football team loses, it's not rigged (usually) and aliens didn't roll dice to see if they would have a bad game or not.  It's called life, get out and experience it.  ;)    <---- see smiley winkey face... no hate intended, please don't send me a nasty letter full of profanity saying how mean I was

Edited by Thrain_Ironsword, Jan 02 2017 - 04:26.


Browncow13 #8 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 04:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20591 battles
  • 1,074
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View Postslantytank, on Jan 01 2017 - 18:04, said:

I observed this a couple of years ago about how your session will go.

 

On sign-in, the algos roll for you, you either will have a good day or a bad one.

There's nothing else that can explain why there are sessions with 80% win rates and other with 80% losing streaks.

 

Another reason why I hate this game more and more.

 

You EMO is showing please cover it up. 

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 04:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 14291 battles
  • 5,512
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View Postslantytank, on Jan 01 2017 - 23:04, said:

I observed this a couple of years ago about how your session will go.

 

On sign-in, the algos roll for you, you either will have a good day or a bad one.

There's nothing else that can explain why there are sessions with 80% win rates and other with 80% losing streaks.

 

Another reason why I hate this game more and more.

 

Yeah... only a conspiracy theory or randomness could do that and crazy conspiracies are a lot more fun than sane logic.

 

I LUV this game enough for both of us.



Gurdy2383 #10 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 04:33

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45461 battles
  • 981
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012


_Smoken_ #11 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 04:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37899 battles
  • 920
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostCatatonick, on Jan 01 2017 - 22:05, said:

 

...or...

 

You have a much higher impact on a battle than you think so when you are playing really poorly, you negatively impact your team so much so that you lose significantly more than you win.

 

A single tank or pair of tanks can completely swing a battle for better or worse.

 

Streaks do happen in both directions but you should also know when the losses are your fault. Don't blame everyone else or the developer for all your losses.

 

This is false and true at the same time. I can have a 3500win8 day and still lose 70%. It's not me for lack of caring or just having a bad day.

Some days the game will not let you win. Platoons sometimes can change this but only if the others joining aren't having the same problem days you are. I myself are getting alittle sick of this MM [edited]too. When I came back to the game last june it was fine,so that makes about 2 patches ago this started to happen .


 

This is kind of like the quiet credit nerf that happened after they said WG was adjusting a couple premium tanks. This nerf was much bigger then what WG said it would be. They seen there mistake in doing this and dreamed up the perk thing to cover there behinds and another way to make them more money.


 

Rng is off the chart how one sided either way it can be per game. If i have my Lowe with a 5 skill crew in it and it misses by shooting the very outside 4 out 5 shots and then next game never miss even a slap shot then there is something wrong.

NOTE: Trolls don't bother, this isn't facebook and no cares about Trollspeak

My ping is always 20 to 30 with zero pack loss


 

I guess what I am saying is all .... PUT the $%^& Game back the way it was. Your turning into every other game out there that try's to gimmick people back or to keep them playing and screwing with what brought people to play it in the first place.



slantytank #12 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 17:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23390 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

View PostCatatonick, on Jan 01 2017 - 19:05, said:

 

You have a much higher impact on a battle than you think so when you are playing really poorly, you negatively impact your team so much so that you lose significantly more than you win. 

 

A single tank or pair of tanks can completely swing a battle for better or worse.

 

When I'm playing a T-28 proto and it takes me 2 minutes to get somewhere, and by that time my team is down 4-6 players, your theory sinks faster than a brick.

Other days, other dice rolls, by the time I get to full speed (a whopping 18 km/h) my team is up 4-5 kills.

 

So, as I said, your fate is decided on sign-in, and now that I have said so you will notice it more.



slantytank #13 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 17:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23390 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

View Post_Smoken_, on Jan 01 2017 - 19:51, said:

Rng is off the chart how one sided either way it can be per game. If i have my Lowe with a 5 skill crew in it and it misses by shooting the very outside 4 out 5 shots and then next game never miss even a slap shot then there is something wrong.

 

Yesterday in one of my games, I shot at a tank 3 times, all hits, none registered not even as bounces.

Patonb #14 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 18:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 26205 battles
  • 4,548
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostBigMeatHammer, on Jan 01 2017 - 21:24, said:

I suspect an International conspiracy to keep you down OP. I'd report each loss as a HAX and unfair gameplay.

My loses were due to RelicHaxPack, VillianAimBot & TsavoHaxPack.

 

Hope this helps OP

 

Just stop and think about your days playing. You have days where you have horrid RNG and days where you snap shot a guy 400m away in a kv-2.

RNG streaks shouldn't be days long, they should fluctuate during your day.


 

It's also not out to get a single person, as it goes hot and cold so it would technically equal out.


 

I've always maintained you get a daily modifier and it is applied to your RNG rolls. Say -10 to +10. So like inn D&D each roll gets modified and if you had a daily roll of -5 to +5 you really wouldn't notice it. But the <-5 and >5 rolls give you these crazy days.


 

It can be seen with MM as well. You'll be consistently on the Team with more top tiers all day or you get the brown eye poke by mm.


 


 



slantytank #15 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 22:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23390 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

View PostPatonb, on Jan 02 2017 - 09:21, said:

I've always maintained you get a daily modifier and it is applied to your RNG rolls. Say -10 to +10. So like inn D&D each roll gets modified and if you had a daily roll of -5 to +5 you really wouldn't notice it. But the <-5 and >5 rolls give you these crazy days.
 

 

I agree with this somewhat, either way, it is a crappy thing and it's not my imagination.

deadizdead #16 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 00:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32636 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
RNG it is random as advertised, one day last week i played and couldn't win for nothing, and i know it wasn't just me playing bad as i was in the top 3 on my teams almost every [edited]time, but i only won 32% of my games that day. The very next day i won 62% of my games, i wasn't do anything different, just my teams decided dying within the first 2 minutes was a bad idea that day...

manimal79 #17 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 04:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 35187 battles
  • 3,046
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostDceriana98, on Jan 01 2017 - 18:15, said:

3 days ago i had a 82 % winrate next day was 12 % i almost quit playing but then i remember the tankrewards. free stuff always keep me going

 

Yup, if a scrub like myself can get 82.1% winrate than the game IS rigged

 

 

Came back a few hours later and ran into bad teams that dropped it down to 69.6

 

 

 

 

 



da_Rock002 #18 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 14:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4342 battles
  • 1,494
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostCatatonick, on Jan 01 2017 - 22:05, said:

 

...or...

 

You have a much higher impact on a battle than you think so when you are playing really poorly, you negatively impact your team so much so that you lose significantly more than you win.

 

A single tank or pair of tanks can completely swing a battle for better or worse.

 

Streaks do happen in both directions but you should also know when the losses are your fault. Don't blame everyone else or the developer for all your losses.

 

 

After hearing again and again that the reason 15 players lost a battle was because one of them let it down.   Even 'better' is that the streaks (something that happens so often and streaks so long it is statistically improbable) are also one individual's fault.   (your fault)


 

As for the 'logic' that one person is at fault,  how do you know which person?    The other 29 don't affect the outcome?   After all, when 'your' streak of losses has gone say 8 losses we should quit the game as we have ruined 8 X 14 other players (the poor suckers who were MM'd up with us) chances and they didn't.   We have caused 112 other players to lose.   All by ourselves?   And we should get some kind of thank you from the 120 players on the winning side of 'our' 8 battles as they couldn't have been the reason they won? 

 

Statistics have shown that when 15 versus 15, there are 30 individuals that affect the outcome.   In most games the only thing that changes the game from 30 people equally responsible for the outcome is when SKILL is part of the game.    And then very seldom can 1 of 30 have significant effect.


 


 



da_Rock002 #19 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 14:21

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4342 battles
  • 1,494
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Postmanimal79, on Jan 04 2017 - 22:14, said:

 

Yup, if a scrub like myself can get 82.1% winrate than the game IS rigged

 

 

Came back a few hours later and ran into bad teams that dropped it down to 69.6

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You just showed proof how one person has little effect on outcome.   So you ran into more skilled players one session.  Well, actually when skills are somewhat balanced that is.   How often do people show up in ~T8 battles who don't have relatively good skills?  Your really good skills changed the outcomes between those two sessions?   Nope.    If one person had an effect, it wasn't you.   

 

 

You want to prove how one person can BLOW THE TOWN DOWN?  Do what so many high tier players do so often.  Jump into a T2 tank and go bash some seals.   NOW that's when one person really does matter.   And it's not a seal bashers tank's weight that owns the battle field.  It's the seal basher's skills.    


 

Yes, one person can really affect outcome in WoT battles.    When their skills really are out of the norm for the battles...    And that happens how often in upper tiers?  in lower tiers?


Edited by da_Rock002, Jan 05 2017 - 16:19.


da_Rock002 #20 Posted Jan 05 2017 - 14:37

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4342 battles
  • 1,494
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Postdeadizdead, on Jan 04 2017 - 18:39, said:

RNG it is random as advertised, one day last week i played and couldn't win for nothing, and i know it wasn't just me playing bad as i was in the top 3 on my teams almost every [edited]time, but i only won 32% of my games that day. The very next day i won 62% of my games, i wasn't do anything different, just my teams decided dying within the first 2 minutes was a bad idea that day...

 

 

Those statistics aren't statistically probable.   Yet, we see it all the time.   It's probably not just luck.   And certainly not something we are doing 'wrong'.

 

What does seem to be a constant is how often the losing team did so much wrong as fast as they could.   There is more to skill than shooting accuracy (but that is a skill that matters).






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users