The Buffet is one of the Best...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Markd73 #21 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 33034 battles

View Postfrumpylumps, on Jan 02 2017 - 15:16, said:

its funny that so many  of these wallet warrior kids think paying $60 for a virtual tank is some kind of good deal.

the Kool aid around here seems to come with a chemical lobotomy.

You would have more credibility if you didn't shoot other players just for driving premium tanks on your own team. I have seen you do this to me.

Apology accepted.

frumpylumps #22 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 19:58

Captain

• Players
  • 35763 battles

View PostBeornotns, on Jan 02 2017 - 17:33, said:

frumpy...  You're a good player.  You've got 30k matches under your belt.  To hell with Kool-aid, why you gotta spray Hater-aid?

Besides, YOU have plenty of premium tanks your damn self.  Just scrolling down your list of tanks (impressive, by the way), and I see Type 62, Type 64, friggin' Type 59!!! (lucky so-and-so), M46 KR, Super Pershing, Mutz, Panther 8,8...  Even Chi-Nu Kai and AC 4 Experimentals (really?)...  Let me see...  Um, T-54 mod.1, T-44-100 (you could have earned that one), FV 201 (A45)?, Heavy Tank No. VI, T14 (really?), FCM 50 t, Churchill III, TOG II* (I mean, I have one too, and I got mine for free...  Did you pay money for this?  Is this why you hate so much?), Löwe, KV-5, IS-6, Dicker Max, E 25?, AT 15A (hell, even I don't have one of those), StuG IV (so you do the missions...), T 28 HTC (you do the missions quite a bit), Type 55A (Damn son...  A bit of an over-achiever, aren't we?), SU 100Y, FCM 36 Pak 40...

I missed a bit but I wanted to make a point.  You could have earned some of your premiums...  You could have won some of them...  But to say you don't ever open YOUR wallet is either disingenuous or...  You have one HELL of a sugar-daddy...

In Southern California, $60 is going to an IMAX theater and getting a popcorn and a drink, twice...  So, let me think...  Six hours of experience (where the combined salt and oil from the popcorn and the sodium from the soda might require one to invest in a portable dialysis machine) OR...  Playing with a tank in a digital game for as long as the game exists.

Everquest I, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies...  People spent money on these games and now they are gone.  Are they 'wallet warriors' too?

~B

All of them rentals, bought with tourny gold or won in a contest or marathon.

I didn't pay cash for any virtual tanks because doing so would mean I that was supporting wallet warrior gaming.  I have integrity and refuse to support crap no matter how much fun I might have dominating people in overpowered premium tanks like Patriot and Skorpion G.  It is not about having money or not like some want to pretend.

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #23 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 21:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 27133 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

View Postfrumpylumps, on Jan 02 2017 - 10:58, said:

I didn't pay cash for any virtual tanks because doing so would mean I that was supporting wallet warrior gaming.  I have integrity and refuse to support crap no matter how much fun I might have dominating people in overpowered premium tanks like Patriot and Skorpion G.  It is not about having money or not like some want to pretend.

I pretend nothing of the sort.  Money is money and everyone in the world in a semi-industrialized nation onward has to have it, use it, and oftentimes seeks to amass more of it.  I expect you have money, since you have a computer upon which to play this little diversion.

But you say you have integrity...  So, strong moral fiber, honesty; good character.

And then you metaphorically crap on others, insult them, belittle them and in general act like a grade A, First Class, Numero Uno Boor.  I sincerely doubt you were taught to be rude, so this is an acquired activity and/or obsession.

So I say to you, no sir, this is not integrity.  This is pure, unadulterated self-righteousness.  Plain and simple.  You have a crusade, a jihad, a vendetta against something YOU perceive as being ethically bankrupt.

If I were you, and I am glad I am not (since it has taken me many decades to get ME where I am [and I've no inclination to attempt another path at this stage]), I might look behind you.  You may notice that your financial vaults are full, perhaps even fit to burst.

But your coffers of kindness, courtesy, honor and class are bereft of anything even approximating a widow's mite.

And for that, you have my pity.  Even if I have naught but your scorn.

~B

pennai #24 Posted Jan 02 2017 - 21:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24078 battles
So.. was the buffer good ? The M4A1 Rev. and Lowe is better now?

IndygoEEI #25 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 00:17

Major

• Players
  • 62695 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jan 02 2017 - 09:01, said:

Interesting numbers for the gold equivalent when purchasing the package.

I would however like to hear from someone who had bought the package and already had the 3 tanks mentioned in their garage already. Seeing as it is a sale in the eyes of Wargaming  I am reluctant to believe that they would give you the full gold value of the tanks as compensation.

If any player is thinking of buying the package and are already in possession of the 3 tanks, please post here what you received in gold.

I am looking to buy it tomorrow.  Expect an update when I do...

so2315 #26 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 00:28

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 35319 battles
  • [SLAPM] SLAPM

View PostBeornotns, on Jan 02 2017 - 17:33, said:

frumpy...  You're a good player.  You've got 30k matches under your belt.  To hell with Kool-aid, why you gotta spray Hater-aid?

Besides, YOU have plenty of premium tanks your damn self.  Just scrolling down your list of tanks (impressive, by the way), and I see Type 62, Type 64, friggin' Type 59!!! (lucky so-and-so), M46 KR, Super Pershing, Mutz, Panther 8,8...  Even Chi-Nu Kai and AC 4 Experimentals (really?)...  Let me see...  Um, T-54 mod.1, T-44-100 (you could have earned that one), FV 201 (A45)?, Heavy Tank No. VI, T14 (really?), FCM 50 t, Churchill III, TOG II* (I mean, I have one too, and I got mine for free...  Did you pay money for this?  Is this why you hate so much?), Löwe, KV-5, IS-6, Dicker Max, E 25?, AT 15A (hell, even I don't have one of those), StuG IV (so you do the missions...), T 28 HTC (you do the missions quite a bit), Type 55A (Damn son...  A bit of an over-achiever, aren't we?), SU 100Y, FCM 36 Pak 40...

I missed a bit but I wanted to make a point.  You could have earned some of your premiums...  You could have won some of them...  But to say you don't ever open YOUR wallet is either disingenuous or...  You have one HELL of a sugar-daddy...

In Southern California, $60 is going to an IMAX theater and getting a popcorn and a drink, twice...  So, let me think...  Six hours of experience (where the combined salt and oil from the popcorn and the sodium from the soda might require one to invest in a portable dialysis machine) OR...  Playing with a tank in a digital game for as long as the game exists.

Everquest I, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies...  People spent money on these games and now they are gone.  Are they 'wallet warriors' too?

~B

Looks like Frumpy got PWNED! LOL!

An_Innocent_Bystander #27 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 00:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 10842 battles
  • [HBC] HBC

View PostRotKopf, on Jan 02 2017 - 17:25, said:

Maybe get a job, 60 bucks would be nothing to you. Welfare warrior.

Lawl. Can Wallet Warriors start calling F2P players Wellfare Warriors now? :trollface:

An_Innocent_Bystander #28 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 00:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 10842 battles
  • [HBC] HBC

View PostTLWiz, on Jan 02 2017 - 17:06, said:

Excellent deal.  I already have the Lowe and M4 Rev so this is basically a free 112 since I'd buy the gold eventually anyway.  Gold is set for a while now.

Sorry for hobo troll who thinks that spending money for entertainment is bad.

That gold will be useless in your quest for a 112. If they ever do sell it again it will be in the store for money. It won't go back into the tech tree for gold because pref mm.

Astralite #29 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 01:35

Captain

• Players
  • 26197 battles

View Postfrumpylumps, on Jan 02 2017 - 19:58, said:

No, its about feeling like you have the moral high ground (you don't). People buy digital goods, get over it. Nobody cares that you "stuck it to the man" by not paying for a friggin tank in a video game. 

Hurk #30 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 01:55

Major

• Players
  • 56023 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View Postfrumpylumps, on Jan 02 2017 - 08:16, said:

its funny that so many  of these wallet warrior kids think paying $60 for a virtual tank is some kind of good deal.

the Kool aid around here seems to come with a chemical lobotomy.

30,000 battles at 4 minutes per battle is 83 DAYS you have played world of tanks. 

stop being a whining crapper and invest in your obvious hobby.

jamesdoz #31 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 02:01

Major

• Players
  • 39871 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View Postfrumpylumps, on Jan 02 2017 - 13:58, said:

sorry dude i don't believe you bought them all with tourney gold, I call [edited]

Morbii #32 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 03:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50518 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
I agree OP, this is a very good deal (much like the year of prem deal, only that one was better).

I already own a Lowe and a WZ-111.  Together, they're worth 24,750 gold.  Add one of those slots, and it's 25050, which is about the price of gold for $100. 

I am getting an M4 Rev. for free, along with 7 days prem and 2 additional garage slots for something I already do every few months (i.e. pay $100 for gold).

frumpylumps #33 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 03:33

Captain

• Players
  • 35763 battles

View PostBeornotns, on Jan 02 2017 - 21:18, said:

I pretend nothing of the sort.  Money is money and everyone in the world in a semi-industrialized nation onward has to have it, use it, and oftentimes seeks to amass more of it.  I expect you have money, since you have a computer upon which to play this little diversion.

But you say you have integrity...  So, strong moral fiber, honesty; good character.

And then you metaphorically crap on others, insult them, belittle them and in general act like a grade A, First Class, Numero Uno Boor.  I sincerely doubt you were taught to be rude, so this is an acquired activity and/or obsession.

So I say to you, no sir, this is not integrity.  This is pure, unadulterated self-righteousness.  Plain and simple.  You have a crusade, a jihad, a vendetta against something YOU perceive as being ethically bankrupt.

If I were you, and I am glad I am not (since it has taken me many decades to get ME where I am [and I've no inclination to attempt another path at this stage]), I might look behind you.  You may notice that your financial vaults are full, perhaps even fit to burst.

But your coffers of kindness, courtesy, honor and class are bereft of anything even approximating a widow's mite.

And for that, you have my pity.  Even if I have naught but your scorn.

~B

its not self-righteous because the negative aspects of p2w wallet warrior gaming effect everyone, even people that don't play WoT, since they are making so much money that every major developer wants to copy their model.   WoT wouldn't have so many horrible glaring balance issues if WG didn't allow greed to trump gameplay.   Really boggles the mind why some of these kids think this  $60 virtual tank wallet warrior crap is acceptable when some of the most profitable F2P games operate on selling cosmetic items alone, or paying any amount of money for a cash exclusive tank.  Absolutely disgusting.  Yes, I have the moral high ground and a right to condemn what effects me and what I view as the cancer of videogames.

Edited by frumpylumps, Jan 03 2017 - 03:44.

ArmorStorm #34 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 03:45

Major

• Players
  • 37852 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
The only good deal they have EVER offered, other than the heavy grinds for free tanks, was the year of premium for less than half price.  Not saying that I haven't bought several of their bad deals, but I'm learning.  Oh, and I didn't buy the premium year either.  WG gets no more money from me unless that T-28 F-30 is really cheap.

Sobunbun #35 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 04:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9990 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Jan 03 2017 - 03:45, said:

The only good deal they have EVER offered, other than the heavy grinds for free tanks, was the year of premium for less than half price.  Not saying that I haven't bought several of their bad deals, but I'm learning.  Oh, and I didn't buy the premium year either.  WG gets no more money from me unless that T-28 F-30 is really cheap.

wasn't that out today?

RNG_is_Magic #36 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 06:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13457 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jan 02 2017 - 11:01, said:

Interesting numbers for the gold equivalent when purchasing the package.

I would however like to hear from someone who had bought the package and already had the 3 tanks mentioned in their garage already. Seeing as it is a sale in the eyes of Wargaming  I am reluctant to believe that they would give you the full gold value of the tanks as compensation.

If any player is thinking of buying the package and are already in possession of the 3 tanks, please post here what you received in gold.

31,950 plus the garage slots and premium days.  So it is a better deal then buying the 25,000 gold for $100.

p.s. sorry frumpy I have money to burn and will do with it as I please.

Edited by RNG_is_Magic, Jan 03 2017 - 06:23.

rufus374 #37 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 06:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7305 battles
I once bought a $45 cigar which, literally, went up in SMOKE, so I have no problem spending money on this game.  Having worked hard and reached a point of having plenty of disposable income in fun.  I chuckle at the righteous indignation of some folks who take offense to how I spend my money.  All that aside, the Buffet deal seems good, but I'm still pretty happy slogging around in mid-tiers trying to learn the game better (though I did get my half-price Schwarzpanzer 58, TY Wargaming). 

frumpylumps #38 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 13:55

Captain

• Players
  • 35763 battles

View Postrufus374, on Jan 03 2017 - 06:32, said:

I once bought a $45 cigar which, literally, went up in SMOKE, so I have no problem spending money on this game.  Having worked hard and reached a point of having plenty of disposable income in fun.  I chuckle at the righteous indignation of some folks who take offense to how I spend my money.  All that aside, the Buffet deal seems good, but I'm still pretty happy slogging around in mid-tiers trying to learn the game better (though I did get my half-price Schwarzpanzer 58, TY Wargaming). 

people who are irresponsible with their money are the main part of the problem.  These are the same selfish type of people who keeps black market organ stealer/dealers, elephant poachers, violent drug dealers and crack houses in business..  They don't care about anything or anyone else but their own petty personal gain. 

If these selfish and disgusting wallet warriors weren't so willing to buy power over others with cash, wargaming wouldn't be constantly allowing their greed to trump gameplay like they do, and we would have a much, much better game.

Just imagine the unknown thousands of players who quit once they saw how pay2win the game was with its pay2win premium ammo and overpowered pay2win premium tanks like KV-220. T-127, M22 locust, panzer2J, LefH and many more.

Remember they "don't nerf premium tanks", so that FCM pak still has a ridiculous 400 view range at tier 3, and special TD camo bonus when firing that they removed from all the non-premium TDs.

Balance isn't a thing in this game, and the disgusting wallet warriors are responsible for that.

Edited by frumpylumps, Jan 03 2017 - 14:28.

lordpelvis #39 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 14:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42669 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX
Stop feeding this FN troll....................He probably lives in his grandmothers basement.

IndygoEEI #40 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 62695 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Update:  Gold payouts happened as expected and all vehicles compensated came with a slot...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users