CGC

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

xrays_ #1 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 53757 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

So many players are hung up on what they believe as artillery ruining their match, but what about the other side of the coin? What about when artillery is the only thing standing between a win and a loss? It does happen both ways.

Here's a replay from yesterday where my platoon (including two CGC's) secures the win at the end of the match.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/3219391

Now, I'm not trying to stir the pot (maybe a little), but I am sick and tired of people complaining about how artillery ruins matches, but that's only from the side of the losing team. For every loss, there is a win for 15 other players, and sometimes those wins are at the hands of good artillery players - sometimes working together, despite their team's shortcomings.

x.

Motok0 #2 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 16454 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postxrays_, on Jan 03 2017 - 11:25, said:

So many players are hung up on what they believe as artillery ruining their match, but what about the other side of the coin? What about when artillery is the only thing standing between a win and a loss? It does happen both ways.

Here's a replay from yesterday where my platoon (including two CGC's) secures the win at the end of the match.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/3219391

Now, I'm not trying to stir the pot (maybe a little), but I am sick and tired of people complaining about how artillery ruins matches, but that's only from the side of the losing team. For every loss, there is a win for 15 other players, and sometimes those wins are at the hands of good artillery players - sometimes working together, despite their team's shortcomings.

x.

artillery is [edited], no skill needed, totally RNG, does too much damage, and makes LARGE portions of maps useless because they're areas where you can get artyd.

Edited by Motok0, Jan 03 2017 - 17:33.

JohnnyBlazin #3 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14605 battles
  • [HAZD] HAZD
I'd gladly give up a few wins to remove arty from my games. Just sayin'..............

TLWiz #4 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 22922 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

I was about to win a game yesterday by ramming an almost dead Scorpion I was up close fighting.  Just as I am within inches a Leafblower on my team one-shots me.  The only greens left after the "friendly" SPG took me out were three arties and they all died.   Yes, arty can ruin battles.  Of course I am not trying to stir the pot.  Arty really needs to turn blue when they team kill, don't shoot into close melees.  Too many special people play arty and I guess they can't see the screen to clearly through all the saliva.

I don't blame the arty though, I blame the player for being a sack of poo.

Edited by TLWiz, Jan 03 2017 - 17:31.

Guido1212 #5 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:33

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 83091 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
The fact ithat arty can win games has nothing to do with it being a bad game mechanic.

ThePigSheFlies #6 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 80294 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postxrays_, on Jan 03 2017 - 11:25, said:

nice game, I've won games for teams while playing arty, and yes, I have witnessed it as well by others.

That does not however mean I would not be ecstatic to see arty removed from the game..  on average, absent arty, any other class is more reliable as a "carrier" and further, overall it is a net detractor from the game imho.

that being said, yes I play it when I'm triggered, but my mindset also changes.  I honestly don't care if I win when I'm playing arty - my sole intent is to farm bad players and crap on the player base that has made me triggered.

I suspect, that a lot of arty players are of similar mindsets in that they too dont' care if they win when they play arty... and that friend, is just one of the main roots of the arty problem...

Motok0 #7 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 16454 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostGuido1212, on Jan 03 2017 - 11:33, said:

The fact ithat arty can win games has nothing to do with it being a bad game mechanic.

And i thought i was the only one who udnerstood this 

SMScannonfodder #8 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:36

Major

• Players
  • 24808 battles
  • [B_I_A] B_I_A

View PostTLWiz, on Jan 03 2017 - 10:28, said:

I was about to win a game yesterday by ramming an almost dead Scorpion I was up close fighting.  Just as I am within inches a Leafblower on my team one-shots me.  The only greens left after the "friendly" SPG took me out were three arties and they all died.   Yes, arty can ruin battles.  Of course I am not trying to stir the pot.  Arty really needs to turn blue when they team kill, don't shoot into close melees.  Too many special people play arty and I guess they can't see the screen to clearly through all the saliva.

Same thing happened to me yesterday, I was face hugging a Ind-Pnz with my KR. He could peen my mantel and I was killing him, one more shot and he would have been dead while was 3/4 health. Then out of the blue our T92 smites us both into oblivion, the time between me face hugging the enemy was far longer than the travel time of said shell of doom.

HarryTB #9 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6622 battles
Que the usual Pro Arty ragers for the usual Arty excuses, bile, vitriol and pointless arguments...

Hurk #10 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:41

Major

• Players
  • 56023 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

arty is normally team dependant. that they directly affect wins is usually rare. that they can at all isnt a question. 

i played on sandbox. the daze mechanic was nice and all, but most teams did not take any advantage from it, because when i daze three tanks there are still three loaded guns at a corner, and it still means someone has to take those hits before advancing to get any use out of the daze. otherwise my team mates just camped and daze wore off and there was no value from it except to slow down the game a minute. oh, and arty contributing even less to the win since the damage numbers were significantly lower. 

frankly, i dont think the direction they are headed will make anything more enjoyable. they need to fix alpha. 

ThePigSheFlies #11 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 80294 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostHurk, on Jan 03 2017 - 11:41, said:

frankly, i dont think the direction they are headed will make anything more enjoyable. they need to fix alpha. 

a class of tanks that gets to play by different rules will never be accepted by a lot of the player base.

either give indirect fire to all classes, or remove it

galspanic #12 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 24502 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jan 03 2017 - 08:43, said:

a class of tanks that gets to play by different rules will never be accepted by a lot of the player base.

Can all tanks have siege mode too?

Hurk #13 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:29

Major

• Players
  • 56023 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jan 03 2017 - 09:43, said:

i disagree. nearly every game i have ever played had different classes playing by different rules. thats not the issue. 

to me the key issue, is that in a game without respawn, we have a very heavy handed skill denier. the power curve of derp tanks are too wide. 

to me, arty should be bleeding people out slowly, still ignoring the skill of the target. not one shotting them. in that way, it fulfills its purpose as a balancer, without becoming a winning lottery ticket. 

Cowcat137 #14 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 14971 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

There's a lot of room for improvement, and no reason it can't be improved for everybody.

Blackhorse_Three_ #15 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:37

Captain

• Players
  • 6629 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostYANKEE137, on Jan 03 2017 - 12:30, said:

There's a lot of room for improvement, and no reason it can't be improved for everybody.

That's the problem, though ...

Just looking at all the fightin' bitin' kickin' and gouging' that goes on in the average arty whine on the forum today, there is no plan which will satisfy everyone.

Even something middle-of-the-road like OBA has strong resistance from both sides of the battlefield.

Hurk #16 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 56023 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

the fact is though, a lot of that whining is nothing but bandwagoning. hell, you cannot even get half the complainers to agree on what the issue is. nor how serious it is. 

match making for instance, clearly has more impact on your play than arty, yet many players put "fixing" arty as the highest priority on their lists, while fixing mm would actually lead to more balanced games that they are after. 

HardcoreOne #17 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:58

Captain

• Players
  • 3526 battles

View PostTLWiz, on Jan 03 2017 - 08:28, said:

Saw something like that yesterday too.  I was dead, but the team was winning and there was one AFKer on their cap..... The guy could have simply fired one more time, but instead chose to go for the ram

Of course, being spotted and being the only red dot on the map, Arty went after it. with predictable result. 

Can't blame Arty for trying to get a kill

Lesson learned, take the easy shot

Edited by HardcoreOne, Jan 03 2017 - 18:59.

aethervox #18 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 27054 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

View PostMotok0, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:27, said:

artillery is [edited], no skill needed, totally RNG, does too much damage, and makes LARGE portions of maps useless because they're areas where you can get artyd.

View PostJohnnyBlazin, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:27, said:

I'd gladly give up a few wins to remove arty from my games. Just sayin'..............

View PostGuido1212, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:33, said:

View PostMotok0, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:35, said:

And i thought i was the only one who udnerstood this

View PostRotKopf, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:37, said:

Que the usual Pro Arty ragers for the usual Arty excuses, bile, vitriol and pointless arguments...

You might have realized, OP, that the window licking Arty Hater Whiners would show up and these five did.

I have a HE shell for your top rears you Whiners. Enjoy. I know I will.

Arties do win or assist in winning battles.

Keep playing stupid, Arty Hater Whiners. Us Arties need all the kills we can get (since TGs are a thing of the past for us).

HarryTB #19 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6622 battles

View Postaethervox, on Jan 03 2017 - 21:58, said:

You might have realized, OP, that the window licking Arty Hater Whiners would show up and these five did.

I have a HE shell for your top rears you Whiners. Enjoy. I know I will.

Arties do win or assist in winning battles.

Keep playing stupid, Arty Hater Whiners. Us Arties need all the kills we can get (since TGs are a thing of the past for us).

...Bullseye!!!

Now take your laughable win rate and GTFO.

ThePigSheFlies #20 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 19:34

Major

• Players
  • 80294 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postgalspanic, on Jan 03 2017 - 11:57, said:

Can all tanks have siege mode too?

not all tanks have active suspension.  I have yet to learn of a tank that is entirely incapable of firing indirectly at targets in real world examples

Also tagged with CGC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users