Jump to content


City Maps

City Maps

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Horst_von_Usedom #1 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 17:56

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 61238 battles
  • 253
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD
  • Member since:
    01-27-2013
Please reduce the rotation of city maps. Urban warfare maps are not conducive to tanking.

jt1alta #2 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 44463 battles
  • 679
  • Member since:
    01-15-2014
Got to have someplace for the heavies to sling their purses at each other.

BattlecryGWJ #3 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 35687 battles
  • 7,394
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011

View PostOberst_Langkeit, on Jan 03 2017 - 10:56, said:

Urban warfare maps are not conducive to tanking.

 

For real life, I agree.  The only problem is that the game isn't a SIM and urban maps actually tend to be some of the better maps in the game.

Cowcat137 #4 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14956 battles
  • 7,153
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

I'd like to see the tanks have some ability to smash through walls or crawl over rubble heaps to create new paths. A little more uncertainty would be a good tweak.

 



Nat55atata #5 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16120 battles
  • 600
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014
unless Wargaming decide to add a map for every type of tank per other type of tank (Layman's terms, For every City-map that is heavy tank/heavy armour focused, there's a map specially made for the advantage of fast tanks, and one for snipers, etcetera.), and then make maps around a set number like __ maps with 20% of them favoring a type of vehicle, or a type of style (20% is what I used on the basis of 5 classes, 100/5=20), idk ; this will never be resolved in a way most players like. Until wargaming come up with any Ideas, I firmly stand with the random map rotation best map rotation. One of my best games in the last 2 months before my pc burned out was in Pilsen, bottom tier with a Type 58. You wouldn't think of that as a game you could pull anything better than an average to above average result, but that's what made it special to me at least, thanks to the map.

HardcoreOne #6 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3526 battles
  • 1,169
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013

View PostOberst_Langkeit, on Jan 03 2017 - 08:56, said:

Please reduce the rotation of city maps. Urban warfare maps are not conducive to tanking.

 

Agreed, the fire lanes and hides are so well known that there is little to no surprise.

 

we need more maps



dmckay #7 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 18:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 12993 battles
  • 5,223
  • Member since:
    07-23-2013

View PostHardcoreOne, on Jan 03 2017 - 12:18, said:

 

Agreed, the fire lanes and hides are so well known that there is little to no surprise.

 

we need more maps

 

Himmelduffus has become sooo predictable and I am tired and bored with it. Keep it but damn I think it's time to change it a bit. Ideas?

aethervox #8 Posted Jan 03 2017 - 19:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 27054 battles
  • 2,839
  • [PFLL] PFLL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

City maps per se are not the problem.

The problem is the lack of brand new maps.


 



Dave_181 #9 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 01:14

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 25395 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    01-28-2016
IMO lack of concealment for heavy tanks is the problem. They are forced to fight in cities and around rocks in order to avoid artillery fire. Give them higher concealment ratings and heavies will learn to fight in the open just like mediums and TD can do now.

gmbeaker #10 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 02:59

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 50845 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014
If I was management this company!  I  would  250 map!  even i the maps unbalanced a little  to1 side.  message to wg !!!!!!  war  is suppose to be unbalanced and not every war in 5000 yrs has even odds.   I would over 12 months place  those 250 maps in rotation.  I bet  you have 70 k players in na  every night  and there be no more complaints!  no!  you waste time on sounds!  mini maps! hd!  soccer events  and lego!  you waste  time on complete crap.    you want make money!!!  then make 250 maps  like 99%  population wants last 7+ yrs  and rotate them.   I don't know the people this company has any intelligence at all because you like to  ruin your own company.     how hard to make a map!  really  you throw hills/grass and few trees  or city blocks with building!  test for  glitches boom!  
 
btw really out 40 maps you do have I play only 8 a night and  see few 1 a week.   I don't know you do this out stupidity or you enjoy people quitting constantly.   I amaze by your inconfidence
 


aethervox #11 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 19:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 27054 battles
  • 2,839
  • [PFLL] PFLL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View Postgmbeaker, on Jan 04 2017 - 02:59, said:

If I was management this company!  I  would  250 map!  even i the maps unbalanced a little  to1 side.  message to wg !!!!!!  war  is suppose to be unbalanced and not every war in 5000 yrs has even odds.   I would over 12 months place  those 250 maps in rotation.  I bet  you have 70 k players in na  every night  and there be no more complaints!  no!  you waste time on sounds!  mini maps! hd!  soccer events  and lego!  you waste  time on complete crap.    you want make money!!!  then make 250 maps  like 99%  population wants last 7+ yrs  and rotate them.   I don't know the people this company has any intelligence at all because you like to  ruin your own company.     how hard to make a map!  really  you throw hills/grass and few trees  or city blocks with building!  test for  glitches boom! 
 
btw really out 40 maps you do have I play only 8 a night and  see few 1 a week.   I don't know you do this out stupidity or you enjoy people quitting constantly.   I amaze by your inconfidence
 

 

I'd give you +100 for this post if I could, gmbeaker. There's only 35 unique maps atm in WoT, btw.

I have advocated for 100 maps myself (no clones need apply) which would be a great thing to see, eventually.

250? I've never seen this suggestion but if it kicks WG in the rear to get working on new maps, yes pls, by all means.

 250? Why not? LOL.







Also tagged with City Maps

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users