Klaus is right - mods

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

I_QQ_4_U #41 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 09:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 24344 battles
 I was really surprised they allowed  mods that effected gameplay, I've never really played a PvP game that had such a plethora of these kind of mods even though their legality was in question. Most games I've played had a definite line in the sand as to what was legal or not. As far as UI mods go, big deal, go nuts. The only game play mod I really like it Battle Assistant, it does offer an advantage although I do find the vanilla one to be better in some circumstances but mostly unwieldly, it always takes me a couple second to orient myself, I'm glad they are putting it into the vanilla client.

SpectreHD #42 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 09:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17071 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jan 04 2017 - 12:50, said:

They also carry a massive hammer when it comes to mods that break the rules.  WarGaming isn't doing a very good job of that.

Well, that's Blizzard for you. They run a very very tight ship. WG can only dream of being at the same level as Blizzard.

WangOnTheLoose #43 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 14:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 29761 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 03 2017 - 17:57, said:

WoT ought to ban all mods. No serious software game author would allow mods. This is an open door to alleged cheating and thus compromises the integrity of the WoT game. The legit mods are nickle and dime apps.

Klaus is right again

You realize this is 2017 and not 1987 right?  Pretty much all serious software developers allow modding........ jus the way it is.

TrooperZZ #44 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 16:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32032 battles
  • [DA] DA
They need mods to understand what makes their game better. They need you to develop them so they can add them to the game and claim they did good. Just complacent stop spending money here and spend on games that don't allow mods(cheats), Besides you really think they can tell who's using mods without watching replays? You think they pay someone to watch replays all day? If there really was a detection method for mods you would think it would have implemented long ago, but why not? I guess the game was perfect before some particular date and now its not for some reason.

ProfessionalFinn #45 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 16:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 27361 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Jan 04 2017 - 08:08, said:

Serious question: Why is it always terrible players (like the OP or Klaus) that think mods are so bad?

I am a certified  Tomato. The use of Mods have nothing to do with my "terrible player" status and my continued path toward WoT mediocrity greatness. Not so with Klaus, a WoT Michael Jordan compared to me.  

My interest is in a long and healthy future for WoT,  my cash Hold'em suppliment.  IMO cheating through the use of mods is a serious and valid threat to the continued success of WoT.

Edited by ProfessionalFinn, Jan 04 2017 - 16:41.

_Tsavo_ #46 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 17:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47346 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 04 2017 - 10:40, said:

I am a certified  Tomato. The use of Mods have nothing to do with my "terrible player" status and my continued path toward WoT mediocrity greatness. Not so with Klaus, a WoT Michael Jordan compared to me.  

My interest is in a long and healthy future for WoT,  my cash Hold'em suppliment.  IMO cheating through the use of mods is a serious and valid threat to the continued success of WoT.

Mods are here to stay, deal with it?

I used mods for a long time, have been vanilla for about a year now, most mods are benign (that is, not a cheat) 

Your opinion is just that, and it shouldn't force others to play as you see fit.

_C00KIE #47 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 17:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26457 battles

View PostDraconX3, on Jan 03 2017 - 16:22, said:

*Looks at Elder Scrolls / Fallout.  Looks back at OP. Looks back to Elder Scrolls / Fallout.   Face palms*

Hell, Counter Strike was originally a mod. OP is an idiot.

ProfessionalFinn #48 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 19:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 27361 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 04 2017 - 17:29, said:

Mods are here to stay, deal with it?

I used mods for a long time, have been vanilla for about a year now, most mods are benign (that is, not a cheat) 

Your opinion is just that, and it shouldn't force others to play as you see fit.

Did not know my level of authority at WoT or my power of persuasion can force others to play as I deem fit.  

ignibus #49 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 19:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13612 battles
  • [DINO] DINO

View Postchurchill50, on Jan 04 2017 - 00:07, said:

Let's review a few things here. The following is a list of in-game features that were originally mods:

Spotting range and view range circles on minimap

Camera direction line on minimap

Last spotted locations on minimap

Double-row tank carousel

Damage panels

Without mods, these would never have been added to the game.

I believe that mods should be allowed, but only under closer supervision by WG. There are still plenty of useful or fun mods out there, from auto equipment and crew return to minion voice mod. They allow for customization of the in-game interface to suite individual preferences, while not giving an unfair advantage on the battlefield, or are there just for fun. However, WG should pay much closer attention to which mods are allowed. 

I would say the first thing WG should do is to make their policy on which mods are legal and illegal much more clear and concise, as well as making it much more easily available and making sure new players see it very early. Then, they can crack down on players who use illegal mods.

Also, what do you mean Klaus is right again? (only half-joking)

Totally agree. They should implement a submission and approval process. Approved modes can then be integrated in to the game via a mod interface.

Veroscis #50 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 19:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46137 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 03 2017 - 23:57, said:

No serious software game author would allow mods.

There's a certain MMO that allows mods, and they're doing just fine. There's also another shooter that has allowed mods for over a decade, they too are doing fine. There's also a sandbox game that's pretty popular that allows mods, the people that bring those sources in its multiplayer however, are dealt with accordingly. Cheaters can get into console games despite not being able to "legally" mod games, they do it because they want to. Its the security teams job to try to prevent them from having their way.

Apache1990 #51 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 20:22

Major

• Players
  • 35614 battles

View Postbestguy123, on Jan 04 2017 - 03:40, said:

If there isn't, I'm considering a modpack that would allow me to see when other teammates using the pack's 6th sense goes off. Is that illegal?

It's an XVM feature (if you turn on that XMQP thing in the settings on their site).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users