What is being done about artillery?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Hoffburger #1 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 05:36

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5571 battles

The devs know it is mega cancer aids and ruins the game and limits map design. The players with an opinion that actually matters (i.e. the top 25% skillwise) know it is mega cancer aids. You've said something is being done about it...but it's been YEARS. The only players actually defending this crapare the window licking clickers. Yes, artillery has uses in CW and isn't game breaking there. In public matches, where the majority of games are played, it [edited]up the game. It is the lesser of two evils to just remove that crapthan have it ruining everything just for CW. 

Before any morons come here arguing otherwise...artillery CAUSES camping, it doesn't prevent it. It punishes people actively playing the game, not the "stet pedder kemp bush" people that arty players seem to drone on about. There is nearly zero counterplay especially with the new tracers for counter battery (not that counter battery worked well anyways since you can actually move after you shoot if you take your other hand out of the bag of doritos). Artillery will not carry the game in nearly all cases. What artillery will do is ruin the game for 1-2 players. You get picked or XVM sniped and GG, you go back to the garage. This is super frustrating to play against because of how arty is all or nothing in that it will wreck your crapor completely miss with 0 counterplay other than hiding behind [edited]. Lastly, artillery sucks to play. There is way too much RNG with how accurate it is, shell travel time is ridiculously fast for most SPGs, and the damage is way too [edited]high. It's a train wreck of a system that is an unhealthy gaming experience for both parties. There are usually no lessons to be learned when you get 1 shot by arty unlike getting sniped by a TD or outplayed by someone in a regular tank. Once you learn where the chokepoints of the map are, there is no skill for artillery play either, no, hitting tanks on the move is not hard.

tl;dr - just remove arty already

Blackhorse_Howitzer_1_ #2 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 05:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3280 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

If you paid any attention to the WGNA Announcements, you would know that WG said they would be working on Artillery in 2017.

Between now and whatever time the revision lands in the game, all the whining in the world will not save you.

If you're that damned afraid of Artillery, don't even bother spinning-up the game.

Edited by Blackhorse_Howitzer_1_, Jan 04 2017 - 07:25.

WarMongers #3 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 05:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16441 battles
  • [SCRAP] SCRAP

Odds are the top 25% will hate the the three arty limit and the stun effect just as much....

Edited by WarMongers, Jan 04 2017 - 05:59.

driesp #4 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 05:58

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles

View PostHoffburger, on Jan 04 2017 - 12:36, said:

The devs know it is mega cancer aids and ruins the game and limits map design. The players with an opinion that actually matters (i.e. the top 25% skillwise) know it is mega cancer aids. You've said something is being done about it...but it's been YEARS. The only players actually defending this crapare the window licking clickers. Yes, artillery has uses in CW and isn't game breaking there. In public matches, where the majority of games are played, it [edited]up the game. It is the lesser of two evils to just remove that crapthan have it ruining everything just for CW. 

Before any morons come here arguing otherwise...artillery CAUSES camping, it doesn't prevent it. It punishes people actively playing the game, not the "stet pedder kemp bush" people that arty players seem to drone on about. There is nearly zero counterplay especially with the new tracers for counter battery (not that counter battery worked well anyways since you can actually move after you shoot if you take your other hand out of the bag of doritos). Artillery will not carry the game in nearly all cases. What artillery will do is ruin the game for 1-2 players. You get picked or XVM sniped and GG, you go back to the garage. This is super frustrating to play against because of how arty is all or nothing in that it will wreck your crapor completely miss with 0 counterplay other than hiding behind [edited]. Lastly, artillery sucks to play. There is way too much RNG with how accurate it is, shell travel time is ridiculously fast for most SPGs, and the damage is way too [edited]high. It's a train wreck of a system that is an unhealthy gaming experience for both parties. There are usually no lessons to be learned when you get 1 shot by arty unlike getting sniped by a TD or outplayed by someone in a regular tank. Once you learn where the chokepoints of the map are, there is no skill for artillery play either, no, hitting tanks on the move is not hard.

Just remove the whiners already, go play WoT Blitz, now available on PC...

CorradoG60 #5 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 06:05

Major

• Players
  • 12470 battles
  • [FRAY] FRAY

Sounds like someone got touched by arty.

Please tell us where the bad arty touched you?:facepalm:

Mokoma #6 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 06:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 16728 battles
Can we just leave the arty threads (on either side of the issue) in 2016? The devs have stated repeatedly that they are working hard on the issue. They've acknowledged that it's a broken mechanic. But there isn't a simple or fast solution that is viable for such a large game. It's taking time and a lot of work and testing to come to a solution that they can implement into the live game.

I'm sure we'll be updated on their progress in the coming months. Until then, these threads have no productive basis or application.

ThePriestofSyrinx #7 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 06:10

Captain

• Players
  • 8427 battles

Y'know, the only problem I have with arty is that they always wanna kill me, no matter what tank I'm in or where I am hiding...

Otherwise, it's nice to see a T92 or a Conqueror GC drop a nuke on a Maus and knock most of its hitpoints off, or maybe kill those camping TDs in back of the map...

scHnuuudle_bop #8 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 06:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 22268 battles

View PostHoffburger, on Jan 04 2017 - 05:36, said:

Oh no, Bugerhork is back, he has given up his alternate account.

would you just be quiet, they are not going to rid of something that literally millions have spent time and money to add to their garages, it is a business, not boogerHoffs , personal playground.

Where on earth except in these forums has anyone said it is broken, the only thing broken are these sad and pathetic whines.

Give it up, the re-balancing they talked about is done.

They changed maps so babies have a place to hide, they decreased my cammo quotients, they added armor to tanks so kiddies will quit sniveling about being hurt.

The only thing left is the MM, 3 per team per battle.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Jan 04 2017 - 06:15.

Colddawg #9 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 06:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45846 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

The only thing cancerous about artillery is those players who don't want to learn how to avoid artillery, it is very much possible to negate much of the damage you take from SPGs (not that they do more than 10% of the total damage you receive from any class of vehicle...whereas TDs do about 40%).

Please stop whining, learn to not sit in the open, learn not to stay lit for more than 10 seconds at a time when in the open, use cover and learn to play better.

*(insert shameless livestream self promotion here)

Edited by Colddawg, Jan 04 2017 - 06:49.

Ace_D3struct0r #10 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 07:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47950 battles

View PostColddawg, on Jan 04 2017 - 05:49, said:

The only thing cancerous about artillery is those players who don't want to learn how to avoid artillery, it is very much possible to negate much of the damage you take from SPGs (not that they do more than 10% of the total damage you receive from any class of vehicle...whereas TDs do about 40%).

Please stop whining, learn to not sit in the open, learn not to stay lit for more than 10 seconds at a time when in the open, use cover and learn to play better.

*(insert shameless livestream self promotion here)

^^^ This

driesp #11 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 08:07

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles

View PostWarMongers, on Jan 04 2017 - 12:52, said:

Odds are the top 25% will hate the the three arty limit and the stun effect just as much....

Having played on the sandbox server, I will guarantee that the arty whiners will blow a gasket if those changes are actually implemented. They will be crying for arty to be as it is now....

Blackhorse_Howitzer_2_ #12 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 08:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 1827 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View Postdriesp, on Jan 04 2017 - 02:07, said:

I will guarantee that the arty whiners will blow a gasket if those changes are actually implemented. They will be crying for arty to be as it is now....

Good, Good ... We'll be right here to help the poor bassids out ... :trollface:

Edited by Blackhorse_Howitzer_2_, Jan 04 2017 - 08:16.

Gang_Starr #13 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 09:35

Major

• Players
  • 16847 battles
It's so funny when arty idiots say the stun mechanic is going to be worse than getting one-shotted. Go kick rocks.

Allegra #14 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 09:41

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8142 battles
  • [W-S] W-S

View PostLord_Hiney, on Jan 04 2017 - 14:38, said:

Can we just leave the arty threads (on either side of the issue) in 2016?

Until then, these threads have no productive basis or application.

I tend to agree, but we both know that this will not occur.

Unfortunately people will complain about anything. 

Is either side of the argument going to listen to the others viewpoint? I think not.

Cheers

Edited by Allegra, Jan 04 2017 - 09:44.

TheMightyPringles #15 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 09:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14842 battles

As much as I can't stand the arty rain myself, it is however a part of the game. If you do not light artillery, do not play. You will find arty in 8/10 matches and there are so many things that decide what they will focus, and you might just be that one. You can complain and break a few keyboards about it but if you go to the forums making a post about something like arty, then realize what else in the game is also not historically accurate at all. There are too many tanks in the game that were only blueprints or prototypes but those tanks are more accurate than tanks that were mass produced. 

-Your Favorite Tomato, Pringles

Sprocket_Grease #16 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 12:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8187 battles

View PostHoffburger, on Jan 03 2017 - 23:36, said:

The devs know it is mega cancer aids and ruins the game and limits map design. The players with an opinion that actually matters (i.e. the top 25% skillwise) know it is mega cancer aids. You've said something is being done about it...but it's been YEARS.

Yep...this is why I stopped playing. Gonna be fun watching these elitists wonder why the wait times are longer for matches as time goes....

Gomez_Adams #17 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 12:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostHoffburger, on Jan 03 2017 - 23:36, said:

*** Blatant Hypocrisy Rant ***

You've spent just over 14% of every game you've ever played in arty.

You're the problem. Stop crying about the problem you cause.

Edited by Gomez_Adams, Jan 04 2017 - 12:56.

Motok0 #18 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 14:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 16463 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

just remove it and give people their $$ and exp back they spent on it

LeaveIT2Beaver #19 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 14:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 37885 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostGang_Starr, on Jan 04 2017 - 03:35, said:

It's so funny when arty idiots say the stun mechanic is going to be worse than getting one-shotted. Go kick rocks.

Having been a Sandbox tester, I can tell you from experience that yes, it is going to be worse. But since you are so very important and so knowledgeable about everything, I will let you find out why on your own.:sceptic:

The average total damage I have received from arty has not exceed 9% total to my garage (Arty log mod data) after a baseline of 100 games. The arty bruh-ha-ha is emotional and irrational. 

And people like you who call other people "idiots" because they play arty is why cross-chat was removed. Immaturity at best.

Hoffburger #20 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 14:58

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5571 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Jan 04 2017 - 13:45, said:

Having been a Sandbox tester, I can tell you from experience that yes, it is going to be worse. But since you are so very important and so knowledgeable about everything, I will let you find out why on your own.:sceptic:

The average total damage I have received from arty has not exceed 9% total to my garage (Arty log mod data) after a baseline of 100 games. The arty bruh-ha-ha is emotional and irrational. 

And people like you who call other people "idiots" because they play arty is why cross-chat was removed. Immaturity at best.

So you don't get XVM sniped and still take nearly 10% of your damage from artillery when artillery makes up less than 10% of tanks you face. No counterplay to it in your heavy tanks other than retarded sniping from the back or hiding behind buildings, which is totally what HTs are for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users