• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

kebab6597 #21 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 10:49

Major

• Players
  • 59259 battles

View PostTheMightyPringles, on Jan 04 2017 - 09:29, said:

exactly. all they care about is free damage

That is not the case in your situation you have already said there was a full health IS-7 or you in your lower HP scout too shoot if it was about damage then surely shooting the IS-7 for maybe double your HP + getting assist damage from it would be the thing to do if it was only about getting damage, however as many including myself have told you its about getting rid of enemy advantages and the enemy having eyes is a huge advantage which is why scouts are targeted first

Manabozo #22 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 11:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47147 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK
Use it to your advantage. It is amazing how many green+ players will suicide, trying to kill a bulldog.

scyorkie #23 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 11:11

Major

• Players
  • 74352 battles

Simple. A full health IS7 will not die anytime soon. A tier 7 LT can be 1-shotted, or be left on so little that he cannot circle the JPE for long, so the JPE can focus solely on the IS7.

If rage-y players would actually think things through, they will get better at the game. Unfortunately, many get stuck at the point where they keep telling themselves the enemy (and not them) made a dumb move, and that they wouldn't ordinarily have suffered these "ridiculous" outcomes.

Dam_The_Bots #24 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 11:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50327 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

HHHMMM damage a heavy OR destroy a scout, I would of done the same thing!

BTW your red and orange stats do say you are bad.

bandw2 #25 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 12:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 6467 battles
you, in general, always want to remove as many guns from battle as quickly as possible, if you're 1 shot but the IS-7 is not, i'd shoot you because after that i'll only have an IS-7 to deal with. it's simple really, 

An_Innocent_Bystander #26 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 12:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 10831 battles
  • [HBC] HBC
So you are surprised people all want easy damage on the light tank that's dumb enough to be with an IS7 and sitting in front of a JPE100?
Man you have a lot to learn about the glorious cancer that WoT can be.

Gomez_Adams #27 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 12:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostTheMightyPringles, on Jan 04 2017 - 03:41, said:

What I am complaining about is a Jg Pz E 100 shooting my tier 7 light tank over a full health IS-7 with 2 kills and 58% WR.lkjh

Because he's not worried about the IS7 getting around his flank and ripping him apart from the rear because he simply can't turn fast enough to fight him off.

You can do that to him. What's more, you can spot him easier without him knowing it and that gets him blown to ribbons by your entire team.

That's why he kills you first.

Edited by Gomez_Adams, Jan 04 2017 - 12:52.

_Tsavo_ #28 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47233 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostTheMightyPringles, on Jan 04 2017 - 03:51, said:

I'm coming about a tank and a player that is not a threat at all being focused over a tank and a player that is really a threat.

i kill scouts whenever i can, letting one escape to late game gives the enemy a huge boost in vision control.

Do whatever increases the odds of victory.

cloudwalkr #29 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56682 battles
solid post, OP.   

SuperTankDriver #30 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:07

Major

• Players
  • 20864 battles

Here's why:

He shoots the IS-7. There is quite a high chance where he will not be able to penetrate if he hits the turret, spaced side armor, or some other trollish regions swarming over the IS-7.

You, on the other hand, if let loose, will easily get behind the jagdpanzer E-100, which is incredibly slow. You will empty your clip into it, the IS-7 will also come forward and put shots into the Jagd E-100 as it is reloading.

Now, if he had shot you (like he did), then, even if the IS-7 tries to rush the jagdpz E-100, it can't. It's not that fast to keep up with the traverse on Jagd E-100, especially in close ranges.

The decision was completely correct, including the view range posts above. 

Also, why were you facing a jagd E-100 frontally with an IS-7 in the first place?

Upthewazooo #31 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 9186 battles
  • [1CAR] 1CAR

View Postkebab6597, on Jan 04 2017 - 08:50, said:

TBH if a scout is any good it is probably one of the biggest threats on the enemy team so the sooner its out of the game the safer things like your arty and TD,s are so yes i can see why a TD would focus a scout out

I consider it my job when playing my Panther(s) and some TDs to kill the scouts, the high muzzle velocity, accuracy and reload times gives me an advantage to pick you off from distances that would be challenging to other tanks. But....I had my E-50M out the other day and pinned a scout against a wall and mauled him to death with controlled impact .......was much more satisfying then plinking away with the L100 lol

Orion3 #32 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:23

Major

• Players
  • 10637 battles
It could've been that he figured he was done for and at least got a kill before he met his doom. I agree with most of what the others are saying. I treat scouts like the old hellcats...if I see them.

Dratt_Dastardly #33 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 29200 battles

I only read the OP's post.  Shoot a light over a good playing IS-7?  Heck yeah.  

One, it's going to take time to kill the heavy and your going to most likely penetrate the light with no problems. 

Two, light tanks are the eyes of the team, they can cause a lot of problems for a team if every move they make is caught.

Third, that light tank, while being the eyes and flanker, has the ability to go anywhere on the field in a quick manner, supporting his team whenever it's needed.  The heavy, well you have a general idea where he is or how far he traveled, even if unseen for a few minutes.

Dratt_Dastardly #34 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 13:34

Major

• Players
  • 29200 battles

I didn't feel like editing my post...

But it seems many feels the same as me.  Even when I play artillery, if I notice an exposed light tank spotting my team for his SPG's and snipers, I'm going to send a round to him.  Either I hurt him real good or I cause him to leave that position.

Hunk_Ra #35 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 14:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9108 battles
Even an old infantryman like me had a standing order to my troops to ALWAYS take out the enemy's eyes on the ground first, even in favor of what might have been a more lucrative target. And this is just a game.

Guido1212 #36 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 14:51

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 82959 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostTheMightyPringles, on Jan 04 2017 - 08:41, said:

This is how the current meta is. Are they a threat? No. Do they have good stats? No. Are we gonna focus and tunnel vision the crapout of them? Yes.

It is [edited]impossible to play a battle in my M41 because 7/10 of my battles are tier 10 or a lot of tier 9s, but thats typical that's not something to complain about. What I am complaining about is a Jg Pz E 100 shooting my tier 7 light tank over a full health IS-7 with 2 kills and 58% WR. Do I get focused every battle? No. That's the other 3/10 battles. Are all of these 100% the enemy and 0% me? No. Yes I am gonna admit that I get myself into the wrong situation at times, but more times than not it is the enemy. And how does one go about achieving stats with this? Well, they don't. 

No, I will not play a passive scout or camp in my scouts. Doesn't fit my playstyle. 

I hope this post attracts all of you people that like to be statwhores, I honestly do. I get a kick out of it.

First, I don't know enough about the situation and positioning to make a definitive call but I'll give you a vanilla answer here.

My assumption will be that no other tanks were factors.  

I'd likely shoot you for several reasons.

1. I can remove you as a threat.

2. You are in fact a greater threat because you can get around me after I shoot at the IS7

3.  If you get around me I have to turn to you exposing myself to the 7 or face the 7 and let you tear me up.

4.  Scouts in these brawling situations are very dangerous because they open up flanking, tracking and harassing options.

shooterc25 #37 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 15:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 72085 battles
  • [TT-6] TT-6
I think it makes a lot of sense to take out the "eyes" of the other team. You are or have the ability to light targets for your team to get shots at inside their render range. I see getting focused by arty and TDs a bigger threat because of your view range.

wildgooseman #38 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 15:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37513 battles
  • [-A-8-] -A-8-

Having read your original post then your replies to comments it's obvious you do not care about why a light is so important to be taken out ASAP but just want to winge when it happens.

Reality is the longer a scout is alive the more assist damage it can do with good scouting and damage in the closing stages of battles. The view range and camo on a scout will be much better than an IS7....

Then there is your gun.... a dead tank can't shoot anyone.

It's the occupational hazzard of being a scout, you just need to accept it.

Of course some would say why are you taking a light onto the front line with a heavy? Want to play the heavy role, pick a heavy tank.... may make those nasty 'ole TDs focus on someone else.

Nonamanadus #39 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 32718 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

Scouts are the bane of heavies, tanks or TDs simply because they illuminate you to enemy arty or fire in general. Bonus they flank really easily and can disrupt pushes or crack defenses because the surprise factor is gone. 

So think of getting bloopped by a high tier as an honour instead of a curse, that IS7 can't really run away that fast so it gets second billing.

Markd73 #40 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 32972 battles

View PostTheMightyPringles, on Jan 04 2017 - 08:41, said:

This is how the current meta is. Are they a threat? No. Do they have good stats? No. Are we gonna focus and tunnel vision the crapout of them? Yes.

It is [edited]impossible to play a battle in my M41 because 7/10 of my battles are tier 10 or a lot of tier 9s, but thats typical that's not something to complain about. What I am complaining about is a Jg Pz E 100 shooting my tier 7 light tank over a full health IS-7 with 2 kills and 58% WR. Do I get focused every battle? No. That's the other 3/10 battles. Are all of these 100% the enemy and 0% me? No. Yes I am gonna admit that I get myself into the wrong situation at times, but more times than not it is the enemy. And how does one go about achieving stats with this? Well, they don't. 

No, I will not play a passive scout or camp in my scouts. Doesn't fit my playstyle. 

I hope this post attracts all of you people that like to be statwhores, I honestly do. I get a kick out of it.

No need for a preemptive Ad Hominem. Methinks the OP is a little thin skinned about his stats and resulting criticism. All stats are good for are to point out your weaknesses and how to improve. One of many things I need to work on is to be more aggressive, as my detected rate is far too low.

Use stats to guide your own efforts or expect others to point out your deficiencies. Don't take it personally, but use the criticism to get better.

In the end data does not care, as it only points out the truth of the matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users