• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Capitaine_Triquet #41 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 10:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10047 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN

View PostLife_In_Black, on Feb 14 2017 - 16:48, said:

The problem is that Wargaming has way overbuffed what they're calling the M4A1 Revalorisé, meaning any tech tree M-51 at tier 8 has to be just as good. So things like -10 gun depression, -390 alpha, 200/250 AP/APCR pen, etc. Now, given Wargaming's latest penchant for making premium tanks as good or better than tech tree vehicles, this isn't that big of an issue to be honest. And Wargaming could always give an M-51 a HESH round instead of HE, or perhaps even two different HEAT rounds (the APDS round on the Revalorisé is a Wargaming invention) and a HESH round (which is historical). One additional way of balancing an M-51, would be to increase the top speed to 45km/h, as well as possibly give it an 8V71TA Detroit Diesel engine generating 650hp, as this was not only the engine used by the Achzarit APC, but a variant of this engine was retrofitted into Chilean M-50s and M-51s by Israel. So thankfuly there are options that wouldn't make a tier 8 M-51 overpowered.

The M50 Sherman with the French FL-10 cannon (autoloader?) can inserted in the Tier line to be grinded has the M51 with the 105' cannon can made straight out has a premium tank like it was done with the Swedish line tier line.  Has I highlighted in my previous post, a line of SPG's can be added to the Israeli line.  The first SPG's where made out using the Sherman hull but the rest is really Israeli engineering yet more research needs to be made.  As I said earlier, the Sherman started it's service in the young IDF with a German Krupp cannon that is also a feature to take in consideration in the tier line. 

Capitaine_Triquet #42 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 11:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10047 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN

Which potential upcoming tier 10 do you want to see most?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/509508-which-potential-upcoming-tier-10-do-you-want-to-see-most/

Israel was supplyed with M60 tanks from the US. and it should be in this line.

Magach 6B

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magach#/media/File:M60A1-Patton-Blazer-latrun-2.jpg

Edited by Capitaine_Triquet, Feb 15 2017 - 11:16.

Life_In_Black #43 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 23571 battles
  • [KGS] KGS

View PostCapitaine_Triquet, on Feb 15 2017 - 04:25, said:

The M50 Sherman with the French FL-10 cannon (autoloader?) can inserted in the Tier line to be grinded has the M51 with the 105' cannon can made straight out has a premium tank like it was done with the Swedish line tier line.  Has I highlighted in my previous post, a line of SPG's can be added to the Israeli line.  The first SPG's where made out using the Sherman hull but the rest is really Israeli engineering yet more research needs to be made.  As I said earlier, the Sherman started it's service in the young IDF with a German Krupp cannon that is also a feature to take in consideration in the tier line. 

As I stated before, the Krupp armed Shermans never saw any combat, and were definitely not the first Shermans acquired by the IDF. The Israeli M-50 did not use an autoloader at all, and the Egyptian Sherman/FL-10 does not fit into a normal Israeli tank line as it did use an autoloader. Again, this is all stuff I have done and gone over previously, why do you keep repeating things that make little to no sense or are flat out wrong, without trying to educate yourself as I've already done the research?

Capitaine_Triquet #44 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 14:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10047 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN

View PostLife_In_Black, on Feb 15 2017 - 07:38, said:

As I stated before, the Krupp armed Shermans never saw any combat, and were definitely not the first Shermans acquired by the IDF. The Israeli M-50 did not use an autoloader at all, and the Egyptian Sherman/FL-10 does not fit into a normal Israeli tank line as it did use an autoloader. Again, this is all stuff I have done and gone over previously, why do you keep repeating things that make little to no sense or are flat out wrong, without trying to educate yourself as I've already done the research?

Because I love to have discussions about tanks without being told in the lines and in between that I am a jarhead. :)

Life_In_Black #45 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 23571 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
See, there's a difference between having a discussion, and not bothering to read anything that's been done already. I've not only been researching Israeli stuff for a few years now, but I am also in contact with Wargaming in regards to Israeli vehicles. Chances are, I know way more about whatever you might be interested in than you could find online. So if you want to have a discussion, have a discussion. Don't blindly post links without context or post factually incorrect information because you don't want to do any research yourself.

t6c #46 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 21:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29678 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Would you be allowed to use Israeli tanks on saturdays?

Capitaine_Triquet #47 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 09:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10047 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN

View Postt6c, on Feb 15 2017 - 15:22, said:

Would you be allowed to use Israeli tanks on saturdays?

Yom Kippur War

http://www.history.com/topics/yom-kippur-war

I don't it matters very much for the Israelis what day it is to fight.

Capitaine_Triquet #48 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 10:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10047 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN

View PostLife_In_Black, on Feb 15 2017 - 10:24, said:

See, there's a difference between having a discussion, and not bothering to read anything that's been done already. I've not only been researching Israeli stuff for a few years now, but I am also in contact with Wargaming in regards to Israeli vehicles. Chances are, I know way more about whatever you might be interested in than you could find online. So if you want to have a discussion, have a discussion. Don't blindly post links without context or post factually incorrect information because you don't want to do any research yourself.

I did read what others had wrote on this topic and even put a link coming from your tread.  It seems like "I know all this stuff" so all of you stfu.

Life_In_Black #49 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 14:20

Major

• Players
  • 23571 battles
  • [KGS] KGS

View PostCapitaine_Triquet, on Feb 16 2017 - 04:00, said:

I did read what others had wrote on this topic and even put a link coming from your tread.  It seems like "I know all this stuff" so all of you stfu.

And yet if you had read through anything, you would know that I already mentioned the Krupp armed Shermans never saw combat, nor was this the very first Sherman in IDF service. Yet you blatantly ignored that. So it's clear you're not reading anything and instead are harping on things as if you're an expert when it's clear you're unwilling to actually do any research. How on earth do you or anyone else for that matter, hope to discover anything new if you can't be bothered to read through the information that's already available?

saru_richard #50 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 21:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 19747 battles
  • [H-H] H-H
hey Life i saw your camo appearance in sliphantoms STA-2 guide... is it true that the reason why there is no Israeli tech tree is cause your a scrub? :P

badperson #51 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 22:30

Captain

• Players
  • 45991 battles
  • [E-WAR] E-WAR

View PostLife_In_Black, on Feb 13 2017 - 07:50, said:

Deal with it? Why don't you deal with the fact that Super Sherman and Isherman are blatantly made up nonsense

They were a neologism(not "nonsense" - there's a difference) once, then they became a standardized colloquialism that everyone recognizes.  You do not get to dictate how the English language evolves - it is a greater authority on itself than you ever could be.   You do not get to dictate the terminology used by millions of English speakers - you are free to argue and lobby for people to change terms, and I am free to laugh in your face and keep talking about Super Shermans.

Life_In_Black #52 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 22:46

Major

• Players
  • 23571 battles
  • [KGS] KGS

View Postbadperson, on Mar 27 2017 - 16:30, said:

They were a neologism(not "nonsense" - there's a difference) once, then they became a standardized colloquialism that everyone recognizes.  You do not get to dictate how the English language evolves - it is a greater authority on itself than you ever could be.   You do not get to dictate the terminology used by millions of English speakers - you are free to argue and lobby for people to change terms, and I am free to laugh in your face and keep talking about Super Shermans.

People choosing to use unhistorical names has exactly nothing to do with the evolution of the English language. Also, nice job resurrecting an old thread simply to get people to look at you. Nice job, now everyone knows how much of an ignorant [edited]wit you really are.

badperson #53 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 23:01

Captain

• Players
  • 45991 battles
  • [E-WAR] E-WAR

View PostLife_In_Black, on Mar 27 2017 - 22:46, said:

People choosing to use unhistorical names has exactly nothing to do with the evolution of the English language.

Slow down and think about that one for a second. 

simply to get people to look at you. Nice job, now everyone knows how much of an ignorant [edited]wit you really are.

And calm your rage Habibi.  You mad that Joint List will never amount to anything?

Sister_Mary_Gearchange #54 Posted Jun 07 2017 - 08:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19446 battles

View PostLife_In_Black, on Jan 25 2017 - 16:44, said:

Do you actually read anything that's posted? I will say again, there is no such thing an an M4A1 Revalorisé. The vehicle Wargaming calls the M4A1 Revalorisé, is the second French-built prototype for the Israeli M-51, and should be named M-51 Testbed, M-51 Prototype, M-51 Prototype 2, or some such. It should also be a premium in an Israeli tech tree, not asted pointlessly on France, but this is Wargaming who only seem to want a quick buck.

No, it should be in the French tech tree as they built it.  The production models should be in any putative Israeli tech tree.  If accuracy is important, that is - and you do seem to think it is.

View PostLife_In_Black, on Feb 14 2017 - 22:48, said:

The problem is that Wargaming has way overbuffed what they're calling the M4A1 Revalorisé, meaning any tech tree M-51 at tier 8 has to be just as good. So things like -10 gun depression, -390 alpha, 200/250 AP/APCR pen, etc. Now, given Wargaming's latest penchant for making premium tanks as good or better than tech tree vehicles, this isn't that big of an issue to be honest. And Wargaming could always give an M-51 a HESH round instead of HE, or perhaps even two different HEAT rounds (the APDS round on the Revalorisé is a Wargaming invention) and a HESH round (which is historical).

HESH?  In the French 105mm?  Oh, *do* go on....  

The Israelis (in my experience...) do not favour HESH in the same way we do (or, did, from my perspective) in the British Army.  The RO 105 certainly used HESH in the 1970's in Israeli service, but HESH was rare by (again, in my experience) 1980's when they (the Israelis) had switched over to fin and HEAT like everyone else.  The French 105mm fires fin, APDS, HE, and a unique French HEAT round and that's it, and at the time the Israelis were adopting it, fin wasn't a choice.

People choosing to use unhistorical names has exactly nothing to do with the evolution of the English language. 

You don't seem to understand how language works. Can I suggest a good linguistics or philosophy of language course for you?  

Edited by Sister_Mary_Gearchange, Jun 07 2017 - 08:48.

Life_In_Black #55 Posted Jun 07 2017 - 12:03

Major

• Players
  • 23571 battles
  • [KGS] KGS

View PostSister_Mary_Gearchange, on Jun 07 2017 - 02:44, said:

No, it should be in the French tech tree as they built it.  The production models should be in any putative Israeli tech tree.  If accuracy is important, that is - and you do seem to think it is.

HESH?  In the French 105mm?  Oh, *do* go on....  

The Israelis (in my experience...) do not favour HESH in the same way we do (or, did, from my perspective) in the British Army.  The RO 105 certainly used HESH in the 1970's in Israeli service, but HESH was rare by (again, in my experience) 1980's when they (the Israelis) had switched over to fin and HEAT like everyone else.  The French 105mm fires fin, APDS, HE, and a unique French HEAT round and that's it, and at the time the Israelis were adopting it, fin wasn't a choice.

You don't seem to understand how language works. Can I suggest a good linguistics or philosophy of language course for you?  

So, being built for Israel, with Israeli engineers involved, based on Israeli requirements, automatically makes it French? Sorry, don't think so. Especially as France didn't need another tier conventional 8 premium medium at all.

As for HESH, yes, it fired HESH rounds. Sorry to burst your little bubble:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users