No tank locking? -_-

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Beachouse21 #1 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 05:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 23793 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-

I get that it may be nice to not lock tanks in the next upcoming clan war season but for me personally I don't like this, because you can just bring the same tank every night into clan wars. Also there is no counter play to this because if the same clan attacks you for more than one night you can lock them out and they wont stop until they stop trying or get your land. Last thing i see is that people waste time grinding tanks that may be needed if a tank gets locked out. I understand you use different tanks on different maps but still. It just seems like you need one tank per tier now if clans really wanted...

This is just my opinion hopefully it gets changed if not i completely understand.

Salty_Socks #2 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 06:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11433 battles
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-
I mean its not really a bad thing. Tank locking would stop a lot of smaller clans from doing clan wars and slow it down a lot as a whole. If NA had a stronger and bigger population, I could see it making sense. But seeing as most clans dont have the active members to supply the attendance and tanks, tank locking would only slow and hinder the season to the point that clans would only be able to hold a few pieces of land, not be able to attack, or pull off the map until majority of their members unlock their tanks again.

bfp4f360 #3 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 06:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15004 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD
lol so low skill clans gona chip spam now? chip spam good strat confirmed?

Beachouse21 #4 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 06:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 23793 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-

View Postbfp4f360, on Jan 13 2017 - 00:07, said:

lol so low skill clans gona chip spam now? chip spam good strat confirmed?

Yeah... I would be completely fine with this idea if they had some restrictions like you cant attack this land for so and so days sense they have no tank locking this upcoming season. But this will be a season to remember xD

Tedster_ #5 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 07:27

Major

• Players
  • 39079 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Back in the day, tank locking was wanted by the "small" clans who thought it would help them beat the "big" clans.  The "big" clans saw what it would really do and cried against it, but the "small" clans went "if the big clans hate it, it must be good for us" and supported it.  It turns out, what the "big" clans saw would happen, did.  They raised tier 10 requirements for recruiting, and gave out gold to help members get more T10's.  The "small" clans, without the ability to do this, were shut out of being able to fight on the map for extended periods of time, and greatly reducing the amount of fighting on the map and reducing strat variety (since you didn't want to risk locking a bunch of rare tanks on one night).  IMO, Tank Locking needs to be removed.  There's a reason it's never enabled for campaigns.

WileyCat #6 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 07:32

Captain

• Players
  • 28241 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostBeachouse21, on Jan 12 2017 - 22:54, said:

I get that it may be nice to not lock tanks in the next upcoming clan war season but for me personally I don't like this, because you can just bring the same tank every night into clan wars. Also there is no counter play to this because if the same clan attacks you for more than one night you can lock them out and they wont stop until they stop trying or get your land. Last thing i see is that people waste time grinding tanks that may be needed if a tank gets locked out. I understand you use different tanks on different maps but still. It just seems like you need one tank per tier now if clans really wanted...

This is just my opinion hopefully it gets changed if not i completely understand.

xactly new clanwars sucks thats how some of these top clans not the clear top but the middle teir is gaining land they have like 1 fking cw tank and then they just quit playing until cw time 

Frostii_xD #7 Posted Jan 14 2017 - 00:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21748 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI
It will be interesting to see how this holds up as clams have to prepare to defend landing zones every night or risk having a random clam chip spam all the adjacent lands the next night.

RelaxingNova #8 Posted Jan 14 2017 - 00:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 22198 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

I for one think Tank Locking makes the game more fun but it also makes it easier for bigger clans to be more successful because if you're playing to no lock tanks your strats will vary but if you dont have to worry about tank locking then you can just yolo rush and do what ever you want.

Silvers_ #9 Posted Jan 16 2017 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 40141 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostTedster_, on Jan 13 2017 - 00:27, said:

Back in the day, tank locking was wanted by the "small" clans who thought it would help them beat the "big" clans.  The "big" clans saw what it would really do and cried against it, but the "small" clans went "if the big clans hate it, it must be good for us" and supported it.  It turns out, what the "big" clans saw would happen, did.  They raised tier 10 requirements for recruiting, and gave out gold to help members get more T10's.  The "small" clans, without the ability to do this, were shut out of being able to fight on the map for extended periods of time, and greatly reducing the amount of fighting on the map and reducing strat variety (since you didn't want to risk locking a bunch of rare tanks on one night).  IMO, Tank Locking needs to be removed.  There's a reason it's never enabled for campaigns.

Like Tedster said big clans have complained about a lot of things that have happened since CW 2.0 that "small clans" said you are wrong it helps the big clans and isn't fair for us. 1st is was the arty/air strikes, then it was the gold payouts, then the map itself.......

6 months to a year later the small clans then complain about what the big clans said would happen and that they didn't like. Seems that the big clans/better players actually know what they are talking about. Go figure.......

Frostii_xD #10 Posted Jan 16 2017 - 19:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21748 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI
From the news... there are 4 fronts now.. two Tier X front, one with lowered income... I am sure having 1 more front but no tank locking will "not" lower the number of battles fought.

DannyS76 #11 Posted Jan 22 2017 - 18:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 15836 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_
As I have proceeded into the higher tiers I have learned one thing, especially in clan wars........players will always find something to whine about. Why can't you enjoy the variety and the changes for once?

Roccandil #12 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 16:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
I am very much enjoying no tank locking. :) I think it's a good thing, especially for newer players with fewer tanks in their garage.

ff8ff8 #13 Posted Jan 27 2017 - 08:57

Captain

• Players
  • 17631 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostSilvers_, on Jan 16 2017 - 09:02, said:

Like Tedster said big clans have complained about a lot of things that have happened since CW 2.0 that "small clans" said you are wrong it helps the big clans and isn't fair for us. 1st is was the arty/air strikes, then it was the gold payouts, then the map itself.......

6 months to a year later the small clans then complain about what the big clans said would happen and that they didn't like. Seems that the big clans/better players actually know what they are talking about. Go figure.......

Yup. This is why we're all diplo'd up and not fighting.

Now we can't even really fight each other if we wanted to, because now we have to fight off the bad clans that can now lose battles every single night.

It's almost like every single time we tell them that the change they're trying to implement will just stagnate fighting amongst the top clans....that they don't listen and get surprised when the result is exactly what we tell them would happen.

WGNA has good staff that knows what's happening, but those aren't the ones making the decisions. These poor decisions are being made by employees that have no CW or competitive play experience. We need more people like Hypnotik or Vegan in positions where they can actually make decisions or advise, rather than being the designated bearers of bad news like they are now.

Hence why CW is effectively dead.

Edited by ff8ff8, Jan 27 2017 - 09:04.

Frostii_xD #14 Posted Jan 27 2017 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21748 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View Postff8ff8, on Jan 26 2017 - 23:57, said:

Yup. This is why we're all diplo'd up and not fighting.

Now we can't even really fight each other if we wanted to, because now we have to fight off the bad clans that can now lose battles every single night.

It's almost like every single time we tell them that the change they're trying to implement will just stagnate fighting amongst the top clans....that they don't listen and get surprised when the result is exactly what we tell them would happen.

WGNA has good staff that knows what's happening, but those aren't the ones making the decisions. These poor decisions are being made by employees that have no CW or competitive play experience. We need more people like Hypnotik or Vegan in positions where they can actually make decisions or advise, rather than being the designated bearers of bad news like they are now.

Hence why CW is effectively dead.

We are having lots of "fun" being chip spammed by 4K subclam on Chinese new years eve. Working as intended, despite having beat them every other day for the last 2 weeks.

SovietMemeBear #15 Posted Jan 27 2017 - 22:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18796 battles

View PostFrostii_xD, on Jan 27 2017 - 18:25, said:

We are having lots of "fun" being chip spammed by 4K subclam on Chinese new years eve. Working as intended, despite having beat them every other day for the last 2 weeks.

Yeah the 4k chip spam has been unbearable. Having triples and quads on top of the clan exhibition has been really fun. 

Frostii_xD #16 Posted Jan 27 2017 - 22:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21748 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View PostSovietMemeBear, on Jan 27 2017 - 13:07, said:

Yeah the 4k chip spam has been unbearable. Having triples and quads on top of the clan exhibition has been really fun. 

Used to be fine when there was tank locking. Just keep them off LZs for a few days and they lock all their tier 10 cw tanks, come back a week later and repeat. Now it is every day. I appreciate gud fights, but these are not gud fights :/

ff8ff8 #17 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 09:29

Captain

• Players
  • 17631 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
^
We just beat a clan 14 times in a row (out of 14 battles).

After the second night it just became annoying and sad, and a waste of everyone's time.

And this has been on top of them trying to schedule things at the same time as our WGLNA games and exhibition matches. So they're losing to our B.5 team.

Edited by ff8ff8, Jan 29 2017 - 09:32.

Ni_YeYe #18 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 23:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32208 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostFrostii_xD, on Jan 27 2017 - 16:23, said:

Used to be fine when there was tank locking. Just keep them off LZs for a few days and they lock all their tier 10 cw tanks, come back a week later and repeat. Now it is every day. I appreciate gud fights, but these are not gud fights :/

:ohmy:  big god happy new year.

Frostii_xD #19 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 23:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21748 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View Postff8ff8, on Jan 29 2017 - 00:29, said:

^
We just beat a clan 14 times in a row (out of 14 battles).

After the second night it just became annoying and sad, and a waste of everyone's time.

And this has been on top of them trying to schedule things at the same time as our WGLNA games and exhibition matches. So they're losing to our B.5 team.

Maybe they're just farming LZ battles for victory point? The new weekly prize given to clans with highest victory points encourages low quality battle spamming. Season 5 is probably the worst season since CW 2.0 began.

ff8ff8 #20 Posted Jan 30 2017 - 07:39

Captain

• Players
  • 17631 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
^It's what they're doing, but it's so cancerous to deal with.
CW 2.0 just keeps trying to kill quality play in order to favor losing constantly but spamming battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users