Vote on the Highlight of the Week - Week One!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ninjagumby #1 Posted Jan 15 2017 - 21:49

Content Noob

• ESL Employee
  • 16844 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK - WEEK ONE

NOTE: You can view this post as it was intended on the live.wgleague.net site in better quality! Go to the top bar of the website and go into the WGL News tab where you can click on WGLNA news. From there you can see all of the articles posted this season in one helpful place. We have an unfortunate redirect issues where our direct links to articles are being redirected back to the main live site otherwise we would be linking you there. For that reason this first addition of Highlight of the Week will be also posted here on the forums! Thanks.

After this week's exciting matches, we are going to have a fan vote to see what the viewers favorite highlight this week was. You can vote on the WGLNA Twitter, where we will have a poll set up.

Entry #1: Wally flipping his tank!

In the very first match broadcasted this season, the popular Apex player, Wallhacks, flipped tank while going for a boost on Ghost Town. It happens to everyone but that won't stop us from having a bit of fun with Wally over it.

TWITTER HIGHLIGHT: Wally with the best pro play of the season!

Entry #2: Pompous's 1v3 Clutch

No one is still really sure what happened in this battle to allow Pompous to win this 1v3. Somehow, Pompous managed to seal the win for Top Tier after a crazy two minutes.

TWITTER HIGHLIGHT: What just happened in this match!?!

Entry #3: Apex wins with no time left

Nearing the end of a close and highly anticipated match with eClipse, Oxmathus remains the only tank alive for Apex. He has to stay alive vs Masterpupil and NOnickNoskill of eClipse. The stakes are high, because if Ox cannot stay alive, then eClipse will force overtime with Apex.

TWITTER HIGHLIGHT: It comes down to the last second in #Apex vs eClipse_WGLNA!

Entry #4: Pompous erases Aggressor

Another highlight in the top four this week for Pompous. He wasn't able to pull off the clutch victory again but he was able to eliminate Aggressor with his 183 in a nice shot to the back of the turret.

TWITTER HIGHLIGHT: Pompous decimates Aggressor's T57 in his FV183!

Edited by ninjagumby, Jan 15 2017 - 21:57.

Black_Paw #2 Posted Jan 15 2017 - 22:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30721 battles

I'll make my vote

Thank you ESL/WGLNA

ninjagumby #3 Posted Jan 15 2017 - 22:06

Content Noob

• ESL Employee
  • 16844 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostBlack_Paw, on Jan 15 2017 - 15:04, said:

I'll make my vote

Thank you ESL/WGLNA

Who did you vote for? There were some good ones this week.

You are very welcome as well.

Black_Paw #4 Posted Jan 15 2017 - 22:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30721 battles

View Postninjagumby, on Jan 15 2017 - 21:06, said:

Who did you vote for? There were some good ones this week.

You are very welcome as well.

APEX winning with no time left... Was my vote

If I could vote 2 times, I'd have to vote for Wally flipping his tank... How embarrassing! :bajan:

Masterpupil #5 Posted Jan 15 2017 - 22:42

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 20748 battles

In terms of heartbreak, I'd say our loss versus Apex- game could've gone a million ways and Ox played it well, so that gets my vote.

Other than that, I'd say Pompous's 1v3 clutch was far more impressive in terms of what he needed to do and what he ended up doing, I mean the carry that round was pretty big- had Pompous not been in that match or if he had died early, that would've been a lost round for TT. 

bobby301301 #6 Posted Jan 16 2017 - 16:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 25931 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
nice miss ox in 1st person view

Fulcrous #7 Posted Jan 16 2017 - 18:13

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 27302 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostMasterpupil, on Jan 15 2017 - 13:42, said:

Other than that, I'd say Pompous's 1v3 clutch was far more impressive in terms of what he needed to do and what he ended up doing, I mean the carry that round was pretty big- had Pompous not been in that match or if he had died early, that would've been a lost round for TT. 

Pompous' 1v3 was partially pure RNG with the 57 bouncing off (unless the autobounce angle was calculated decision:trollface:) but he took advantage of the situation beautifully by forcing the 57 to take disadvantageous shots and positions. Then there's the fact that without the prior damage he did as well as the preservation of HP there was no way the 1v3 could have been properly set up.

In Ox's clip I really like how he just knew what to do. Had he driven up and taken an extra hit, It would have just went into OT. It's a lot more intricate than that but it really sums up the play.

Really tough decision for me between the two. One could argue that Pompous' play was more impressive simply due to the extent Pompous had to carry that round but Ox's play is no less worse imo. Mistakes were made on both sides for both teams but that happens. How they took advantage of those mistakes were equally beautiful to see in both rights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users