Suggestions for version 16

4 replies to this topic

TheSideFlanker #1 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:24

Private

• Players
  • 14945 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Each of the game tabs should be drag-able/reorganizable 
    • It's not a huge deal currently, but if more games are added to WGC then it can be annoying for a user if their main game is off to the right.
  • The rotating list of store items should only display on sale or time limited items
    • Showing regular gold options isn't anything exciting. Showing only special offers in the launcher will be more enticing for users who don't frequently check news feeds or premium store offerings. 
  • The settings should have an option to disable minimizing to taskbar when closed
    • Preferably the user should be asked for their preference on their first attempt to close the client.
  • WGC should be installed in the Program Files folder by default
    • Having it be installed in the Program Data folder is unintuitive for users used to other clients such as Battle.net, Origin, Steam, etc. This can be an issue if a user wishes to look for the client exe file in order to run it as administrator or add it to the start menu.
  • Ultimately, you should be able to login to WGC with your unified account and be automatically logged into each game
    • This is a feature that would greatly improve user convenience, especially if security measures such as two factor sign-in are ever implemented.  
  • Whenever WGL is streaming there should be a link or an embedded player for the stream in the client. 
    • I'm not sure if this has already been implemented or not. If it hasn't, this would be a great way to generate interest and viewership for WGL. A special note, if an embedded player is added it should not be set to autoplay.

Edited by TheSideFlanker, Jan 18 2017 - 00:34.

Sea_Star #2 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 01:32

Publication Project Manager

• -Players-
  • 655 battles

View PostTheSideFlanker, on Jan 17 2017 - 15:24, said: 

• Whenever WGL is streaming there should be a link or an embedded player for the stream in the client. 
    • I'm not sure if this has already been implemented or not. If it hasn't, this would be a great way to generate interest and viewership for WGL. A special note, if an embedded player is added it should not be set to autoplay.

Thanks for the feedback! Check out WGC in an hour when the WGLNA stream starts. You'll see the stream embedded in the lower-right corner (where the video is now). :)

Styo #3 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 03:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 17669 battles
  • [-NK-] -NK-
On the main page, show me how much Gold/Doubloons, Credits, and Premium time I have left. Depending on which game for gold/doubloons. Link to your profile as well. 

Ndtm #4 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 15:29

Major

• Players
  • 15883 battles

View PostUncle_Cookie, on Jan 19 2017 - 04:49, said:

Here's a thought unless you're going to go out and buy everyone a new computer then shut the F up. I'll post anything I want if you don't like it don't read it

I wouldn't necessarily say anything other than why it was happening if it wasn't for the fact that your 'suggestion' is in the wrong place, this thread and subforum is for the new launcher which is in beta atm, and yours is related to the game itself, so the least you could do is post it in the right place.

GhostPrime #5 Posted Feb 06 2017 - 20:10

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostTheSideFlanker, on Jan 17 2017 - 16:24, said:

• Each of the game tabs should be drag-able/reorganizable 
    • It's not a huge deal currently, but if more games are added to WGC then it can be annoying for a user if their main game is off to the right.
  • The rotating list of store items should only display on sale or time limited items
    • Showing regular gold options isn't anything exciting. Showing only special offers in the launcher will be more enticing for users who don't frequently check news feeds or premium store offerings. 
  • The settings should have an option to disable minimizing to taskbar when closed
    • Preferably the user should be asked for their preference on their first attempt to close the client.
  • WGC should be installed in the Program Files folder by default
    • Having it be installed in the Program Data folder is unintuitive for users used to other clients such as Battle.net, Origin, Steam, etc. This can be an issue if a user wishes to look for the client exe file in order to run it as administrator or add it to the start menu.
  • Ultimately, you should be able to login to WGC with your unified account and be automatically logged into each game
    • This is a feature that would greatly improve user convenience, especially if security measures such as two factor sign-in are ever implemented.  

​Great feedback, thank you! We will be fixing most of this soon!

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users