Jump to content


Stuck at "Updating game client: receiving updates..."


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Whorax #1 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:44

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 19 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    03-16-2016

Just as the title says.

 

I downloaded and installed the game just fine at first, but now updates are not getting downloaded, even when I reinstall the game. I know it's because somehow the internet at my university is blocking the download. I know this because I have the same problem with War Thunder, however whenever War Thunder has a new update I simply reinstall the game and everything works fine. Why isn't the same working with World of Tanks/Warships?

 

I realize the problem is on my end, but does anyone have some suggestions for a fix? Redownloading/reinstalling does nothing, and I can't find any options in the launcher that would help me fix this.

 

Thanks

 

Edit: Okay, I may sound crazy but now I am actually downloading updates without having done anything. This has never happened before. I'll report back whether or not all goes well.

 

Edit2: Well, everything works fine now and everything is updated. Weird.


Edited by Whorax, Jan 18 2017 - 01:36.


Black_Paw #2 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:55

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32067 battles
  • 921
  • Member since:
    05-27-2013

Do you know how fast your Download Speed is? That might be the problem ~ Free test Here

 

Hope it all works out, and Welcome to World of Tanks!



Whorax #3 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:59

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 19 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    03-16-2016

View PostBlack_Paw, on Jan 18 2017 - 00:55, said:

Do you know how fast your Download Speed is? That might be the problem, slow downloading speed often slows down your download time. ~ Free test Here

 

Hope it all works out, and Welcome to World of Tanks!

 

I know my download speed isn't the problem because it's about 100MB/s. Oddly enough, I'm only downloading the game at about 2MB/s max. I'll take anything at this point though.

 

And thanks!



black_colt #4 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 02:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 3641 battles
  • 2,545
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostWhorax, on Jan 17 2017 - 15:44, said:

Just as the title says.

 

I downloaded and installed the game just fine at first, but now updates are not getting downloaded, even when I reinstall the game. I know it's because somehow the internet at my university is blocking the download. I know this because I have the same problem with War Thunder, however whenever War Thunder has a new update I simply reinstall the game and everything works fine. Why isn't the same working with World of Tanks/Warships?

 

I realize the problem is on my end, but does anyone have some suggestions for a fix? Redownloading/reinstalling does nothing, and I can't find any options in the launcher that would help me fix this.

 

Thanks

 

Edit: Okay, I may sound crazy but now I am actually downloading updates without having done anything. This has never happened before. I'll report back whether or not all goes well.

 

Edit2: Well, everything works fine now and everything is updated. Weird.

 

It may be that World of Tanks defaults to Torrents for the updates.

 

To disable the use of Torrents:

 

Make sure the game is not running and check that there are no World of Tanks processes running [if so, quit them]

 

Find the file - WOTLauncher.cfg - [Not sure how you file a file in MS Windows as I use OS X and the WoT Mac Wrapper and we have an OS native app that will do this for us with a few clicks] - duplicate and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

 

Open the original file and look for the following:

 

<launcher_transport>3</launcher_transport>

 

Change the [3] to [2]

 

Save the changes

 

Launch the game - you should see the updates downloading.

 

Hope this helps ....

 



Legolord7864 #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 15:14

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 342 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 18 2017 - 02:47, said:

 

It may be that World of Tanks defaults to Torrents for the updates.

 

To disable the use of Torrents:

 

Make sure the game is not running and check that there are no World of Tanks processes running [if so, quit them]

 

Find the file - WOTLauncher.cfg - [Not sure how you file a file in MS Windows as I use OS X and the WoT Mac Wrapper and we have an OS native app that will do this for us with a few clicks] - duplicate and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

 

Open the original file and look for the following:

 

<launcher_transport>3</launcher_transport>

 

Change the [3] to [2]

 

Save the changes

 

Launch the game - you should see the updates downloading.

 

Hope this helps ....

 

 

Incredibly helpful! I had given up hope on ever being able to play again.

Cowslappa #6 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 05:45

    Private

  • Players
  • 2081 battles
  • 1
  • [SPF] SPF
  • Member since:
    03-18-2011

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 18 2017 - 02:47, said:

 

It may be that World of Tanks defaults to Torrents for the updates.

 

To disable the use of Torrents:

 

Make sure the game is not running and check that there are no World of Tanks processes running [if so, quit them]

 

Find the file - WOTLauncher.cfg - [Not sure how you file a file in MS Windows as I use OS X and the WoT Mac Wrapper and we have an OS native app that will do this for us with a few clicks] - duplicate and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

 

Open the original file and look for the following:

 

<launcher_transport>3</launcher_transport>

 

Change the [3] to [2]

 

Save the changes

 

Launch the game - you should see the updates downloading.

 

Hope this helps ....

 

 

HOLY CRAP THANK YOU! I have been looking for days on how to figure out my download problems.


Edited by Cowslappa, Mar 23 2018 - 05:46.


MrMike787 #7 Posted Mar 24 2018 - 01:19

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 7655 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 18 2017 - 02:47, said:

 

It may be that World of Tanks defaults to Torrents for the updates.

 

To disable the use of Torrents:

 

Make sure the game is not running and check that there are no World of Tanks processes running [if so, quit them]

 

Find the file - WOTLauncher.cfg - [Not sure how you file a file in MS Windows as I use OS X and the WoT Mac Wrapper and we have an OS native app that will do this for us with a few clicks] - duplicate and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

 

Open the original file and look for the following:

 

<launcher_transport>3</launcher_transport>

 

Change the [3] to [2]

 

Save the changes

 

Launch the game - you should see the updates downloading.

 

Hope this helps ....

 

 

Thanks!

This worked for me as well

I was stuck at 62% with a timer counting seconds



jwyant02 #8 Posted Mar 30 2018 - 20:30

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 5 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016
Thanks this worked for me. The launch was sitting there saying "Updating game client: receiving updates..." doing absolutely nothing. I went into the directory in Windows 10 and changed the 3 in the config file to 2, saved the config file and relaunched the game client and it started downloading. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users