Stuck at "Updating game client: receiving updates..."

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Whorax #1 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 19 battles

Just as the title says.

I downloaded and installed the game just fine at first, but now updates are not getting downloaded, even when I reinstall the game. I know it's because somehow the internet at my university is blocking the download. I know this because I have the same problem with War Thunder, however whenever War Thunder has a new update I simply reinstall the game and everything works fine. Why isn't the same working with World of Tanks/Warships?

I realize the problem is on my end, but does anyone have some suggestions for a fix? Redownloading/reinstalling does nothing, and I can't find any options in the launcher that would help me fix this.

Thanks

Edit: Okay, I may sound crazy but now I am actually downloading updates without having done anything. This has never happened before. I'll report back whether or not all goes well.

Edit2: Well, everything works fine now and everything is updated. Weird.

Edited by Whorax, Jan 18 2017 - 01:36.

Black_Paw #2 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33476 battles

Do you know how fast your Download Speed is? That might be the problem ~ Free test Here

Hope it all works out, and Welcome to World of Tanks!

Whorax #3 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 19 battles

View PostBlack_Paw, on Jan 18 2017 - 00:55, said:

Do you know how fast your Download Speed is? That might be the problem, slow downloading speed often slows down your download time. ~ Free test Here

Hope it all works out, and Welcome to World of Tanks!

I know my download speed isn't the problem because it's about 100MB/s. Oddly enough, I'm only downloading the game at about 2MB/s max. I'll take anything at this point though.

And thanks!

black_colt #4 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 02:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 3837 battles

View PostWhorax, on Jan 17 2017 - 15:44, said:

Just as the title says.

I downloaded and installed the game just fine at first, but now updates are not getting downloaded, even when I reinstall the game. I know it's because somehow the internet at my university is blocking the download. I know this because I have the same problem with War Thunder, however whenever War Thunder has a new update I simply reinstall the game and everything works fine. Why isn't the same working with World of Tanks/Warships?

I realize the problem is on my end, but does anyone have some suggestions for a fix? Redownloading/reinstalling does nothing, and I can't find any options in the launcher that would help me fix this.

Thanks

Edit: Okay, I may sound crazy but now I am actually downloading updates without having done anything. This has never happened before. I'll report back whether or not all goes well.

Edit2: Well, everything works fine now and everything is updated. Weird.

It may be that World of Tanks defaults to Torrents for the updates.

To disable the use of Torrents:

Make sure the game is not running and check that there are no World of Tanks processes running [if so, quit them]

Find the file - WOTLauncher.cfg - [Not sure how you file a file in MS Windows as I use OS X and the WoT Mac Wrapper and we have an OS native app that will do this for us with a few clicks] - duplicate and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

Open the original file and look for the following:

<launcher_transport>3</launcher_transport>

Change the [3] to [2]

Save the changes

Launch the game - you should see the updates downloading.

Hope this helps ....

Legolord7864 #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 15:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 342 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 18 2017 - 02:47, said:

Make sure the game is not running and check that there are no World of Tanks processes running [if so, quit them]

Find the file - WOTLauncher.cfg - [Not sure how you file a file in MS Windows as I use OS X and the WoT Mac Wrapper and we have an OS native app that will do this for us with a few clicks] - duplicate and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

Change the [3] to [2]

Save the changes

Hope this helps ....

Incredibly helpful! I had given up hope on ever being able to play again.

Cowslappa #6 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 05:45

Private

• Players
  • 2081 battles
  • [SPF] SPF

Change the [3] to [2]

Save the changes

Hope this helps ....

HOLY CRAP THANK YOU! I have been looking for days on how to figure out my download problems.

Edited by Cowslappa, Mar 23 2018 - 05:46.

MrMike787 #7 Posted Mar 24 2018 - 01:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 9096 battles

Change the [3] to [2]

Save the changes

Hope this helps ....

Thanks!

This worked for me as well

I was stuck at 62% with a timer counting seconds

jwyant02 #8 Posted Mar 30 2018 - 20:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 5 battles
Thanks this worked for me. The launch was sitting there saying "Updating game client: receiving updates..." doing absolutely nothing. I went into the directory in Windows 10 and changed the 3 in the config file to 2, saved the config file and relaunched the game client and it started downloading. 

articlord #9 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 12:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 16723 battles

right click  desktop  icon ...run as administrator.... your welcome <3

pickpocket293 #10 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 03:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29016 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 17 2017 - 17:47, said:

Change the [3] to [2]

Save the changes

Hope this helps ....

I know this thread is several months old, but after the last update I started having this issue as well. Followed the above instructions and it worked like a charm. Thank you for taking the time to write this up.

Debjeet_das #11 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 19:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Make sure the game is not running and check that tf Tahere are no World Tanks processes running [if so, quit them]

You just have to do is that...............

Find the file - WOTLauncher.cfg 

For MAC use Mac Wrapper and duplicate and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

OR

And for Windows use notepad and click on this file WOTLauncher.cfg duplicate it and then rename the duplicated file - e.g. Old-WOTLauncher.cfg

Then;

1. Open the original file and look for the following:

2. <launcher_transport>3</launcher_transport>

3. Change the [3] to [2]

4. Save the changes

Guys I was waiting for all the day for the update:ohmy::arta: and then I tried this and it worked. 110% it will work for you too just give it a try.

Hope this helps ......:).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users