• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Blackhorse_Three_ #21 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:12

Captain

• Players
  • 6629 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostYANKEE137, on Jan 19 2017 - 16:32, said:

Barrels do warp, it's why they invented thermal sleeves, so you're right on.

Although the heat of gunnery is a factor in barrel droop, thermal sleeves were more inspired by the heat of the sun beating-down along the topside of the gun tube vs the underside of the tube being shadowed, thus "cooler" than the top side.

If a tank leaves the bore-sight panel with a perfect check-zero (bullseye), moves to a combat position but then sits in the sun all day, chances are pretty good that the first round out will fall short of the target due to barrel droop. Because the emphasis in gunnery is getting that first-round hit, barrel droop is a critical concern.

The heat of the sun causes the grain structure in the steel to expand, also known as "growing", but the heat-expanding structure pushes against the resistance of the more rigid grain structure of the "cooler" underside. The expansion force in the growing top side wins-out and causes a slight curvature along the length of the gun tube, thus effecting barrel droop.

The insulating thermal sleeve resists over-heating on the top side, and allows even warming of the entire gun tube. The barrel droop is still there, but not nearly as severe. The gunner can compensate for the lower rate of droop by making minor corrections via the electronics associated with the primary sight.

enjineer #22 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46186 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
In typical Wargaming fashion, they are "fixing" the wrong "problems".

Zulu__Dawn #23 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34134 battles

View PostrEprEzEnt, on Jan 19 2017 - 23:08, said:

OK children for those who can't see the writing on the wall.

1) AP/APCR rounds will lose more pen over distance. (standard ammo for most tanks)

2) HEAT rounds do not lose pen over distance. (PREMIUM ammo for a large majority of top tier tanks)

3) Firing dispersion is being increased AKA worse accuracy.

Hopefully that helps.  If you can't figure it out on your own you may want to stick with android games.

Well, I will take the approach of NOT bashing the Devs.  I have been playing for a long time and keep coming back.  This game is one of the most balanced FREE TO PLAY...without rampant cheating games out there.  All opinion of course...at least you can fire PREMIUM rounds without using cash/GOLD.  No other micro transaction game that I know of does this...it is you pay...or you don't.

They have also at least for now, allowed us to have input...so this isn't all a done deal yet...let us TEST...then provide input as they asked.  They have already listened once and did NOT implement the changes specific to the release of the Swedish tank line.  They held back the OVERMATCH change...and armor angle change...so they are listening.

Zulu

enjineer #24 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46186 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-

View PostZulu__Dawn, on Jan 19 2017 - 17:02, said:

If you all remember...they IMPROVED the targeting and shot algorithm to be MORE accurate back in like 7.5 or 8.1 or something.

That was when people were saying "fantastic my E100 was just turned into a long range sniper!!!"  You guys remember?  At one point we already had poor shot accuracy in terms of projectile flight and we all complained back then that to many shots were missing and rounds were not going where we wanted.  Remember...You would aim and shoot and would be like "what the heck, how did I miss?"  It was terrible and we were all getting sick of it...

It was the same time when they change the ARTY accuracy and made from like .65 on the T92 out to like .85 or something...it was to balance it all out so Arty couldn't snap shoot anyone.

Frustration from continuously missing shots all the time is not a way to increase play and to entice new players to stay...just my quick opinion without actually playing the new mechanic...I signed up...lets see if they add me.

ZULU

They improved it only to roll it back about 2-3 patches later.

MaSTeRCT #25 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 32940 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
I read all the article and analysed it, my opinion which is built on my game experience is that:
1- There is no need to buff the auto loaders guns.
2- There is no need to nerf the JPE100 gun since it is turretless + slow + big so it has its long time known disadvantages especially after the nerf of the view range of all TDs. However,  I do believe nerfing the damage of the Hesh rounds of the British TDs is necessarily needed as everybody in the game is shooting gold rounds with these 2 TDs.
3- Nerfing the overall accuracy: This is a complicated issue we need to discuss... First of all, this nerf should be very slightly applied to the most accurate tanks like Grille and so on as this is there biggest advantage of driving such tanks.
4- Penetration Scaling: This the most frustrating thing for me u are really nerfing the ap and apcr penetration over distance but how about HEAT rounds ?! U are really moving towards pay to win game.

My suggestions:
1- U should focus on the real frustrating issues that many players deal with like driving a heavy armored tank and everybody shoots golds rounds on them depriving them from there real advantage by such tanks.
2- Re-balance the arty by removing the ap rounds and nerfing the HE penetration as many arties like obj261 only shoots ap and 1 shot tanks. and This is the real issue for all players.
3- Buff the gun of the maus tank as it has a pretty big loading time + bad aiming time and this tank like the Japanese t10 can be overmatched by many tanks.

slaughterhousepig #26 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:26

Private

• Players
  • 17376 battles
If you make the accuracy even worse, I will delete my account and find another game to play. 

Blackhorse_Three_ #27 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:29

Captain

• Players
  • 6629 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View Postenjineer, on Jan 19 2017 - 17:21, said:

They improved it only to roll it back about 2-3 patches later.

The_Chieftain has indicated that it will be implemented next patch, no later than the one following.

Iwanttohithemwithmysword #28 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23623 battles
In the real world many of these tanks were able to kill other tanks from well over a kilometer away. I realize this is an 'arcade' approach to the real thing and the maps are not tens of kilometers wide, but not being able to reliably hit tanks from even half a kilometer away will eliminate fun from the game and make it unplayable. I realize there needs to be more incentive to play heavy armor tanks, but this is the wrong way to do it.

Blackhorse_Three_ #29 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:38

Captain

• Players
  • 6629 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostIwanttohithemwithmysword, on Jan 19 2017 - 17:35, said:

In the real world many of these tanks were able to kill other tanks from well over a kilometer away. I realize this is an 'arcade' approach to the real thing and the maps are not tens of kilometers wide, but not being able to reliably hit tanks from even half a kilometer away will eliminate fun from the game and make it unplayable. I realize there needs to be more incentive to play heavy armor tanks, but this is the wrong way to do it.

Agree completely, with the caveat that the median range for most tank vs tank engagements in the ETO was 500m.

I believe the Soviets might have arrived at a similar figure, despite other well known occurances of long-range engagements.

Mokoma #30 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 15618 battles
The accuracy changes are a horrible idea. RNG is already bad enough without even less assurance that your shell will actually hit the target.

RIP any chance at being a legitimate Esport if you go through with that.

NK_33 #31 Posted Jan 19 2017 - 23:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 19674 battles
The point is reduce the game to point-blank range brawling, which is all the adrenaline junkies want.

silly_old_bear #32 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 00:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7426 battles
  • [GRNNY] GRNNY
While I think we should keep an open mind about these *suggested* improvements, these changes could/would promote a more Russian style of play like we on the NA server see during the Common Test servers. Also IMHO, it would be a great buff to Russian Vehicles and a general nerf to Medium tanks. No wonder the developers are so excited about new Light/Scout Tanks.

Edited by WickedGypsy, Jan 20 2017 - 00:07.

genstallonee #33 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 00:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 8666 battles
  • [T-RUN] T-RUN
WG idiots, let's break everything. Typical WarGaming, "fixing" the wrong [edited], leave the guns alone, leave the accuracy alone, and leave armor alone. Fix the real issues, MAPS for instance give us NEW MAPS.... THAT is what we WANT, not this crap. Give us the same specials as consoles, that would be nice, I for one would love a Tiger 131. Night maps would be cool too. But typical WG just wants the money from premium time and gold rounds. Take out arty completely, we don't need them, make them less accurate, because they are not nearly as accurate as portrayed.

Blackhorse_Three_ #34 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 00:33

Captain

• Players
  • 6629 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View Postgenstallonee, on Jan 19 2017 - 18:19, said:

Night maps would be cool too.

If we're gonna have night battles, let's do it right.

A black skybox all by itself does not make it a night battle.

Night fights and Limited Viz combat is a whole different environment.

Alot of things would have to be re-written, and entirely new mechanics implemented, like Illumination Rounds, Searchlights, and Fire illumination effects.

Proximity Blindness and Dazzle.

Unaided View Ranges would have to be cut in half at the very least, and tank halos would have to be muted.

Duration of "Spotted" would have to be shortened unless Illuminated.

The use of Searchlights would become an art unto itself ...

Pzkw_V_Panther #35 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 00:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 14861 battles
  • [H_F] H_F
Don't like the direction Wargaming is going- with the increased "pay-to-win" mentality. Not that I mind spending cash (which I've done numerous times for WoT)- but it gives an unfair advantage to cash-players. If Wargaming doesn't want to decrease their amount of newbies, and milk their cash-cows- I for one won't support this game any longer. In fact, that was the reason I had left (and not returned) my previous favorite online game.

Viruzzz #36 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 00:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16654 battles

The damage increase to the autoloaders is a straight buff, an autoloader isn't much different from the TDs with enormous alpha-damage, they can't deliver it all in one shot, but they can deliver higher damage than any of the TDs with 1 full set of shells.

And the accuracy changes just don't seem to work when many of the maps in the game is so heavily based around corridors where it is impossible to flank anybody before your team wins one corridor and can collapse on another.

Penetration changes are OK, but HEAT needs an across the board decrease then if it still doesn't lose penetration, the penetration numbers on HEAT are already much higher than APCR on tanks where that is the premium option. The IS-7 has 250AP / 303APCR, the IS-4 has 258AP / 340HEAT. The IS-7 gains 21% penetration with premium ammo while the IS-4 gains 31% with premium ammo, and the story is the same for most vehicles, HEAT premium is more penetration and unless you're shooting something with lots of spaced armor then tanks with APCR premium is at a massive disadvantage compared to HEAT-premium. Normalization is great and all, but at long ranges you lose more penetration from range than you gain from normalization whereas heat isn't affected at all outside of the slightly longer travel time. It's just a superior option, and it's not an option available to everyone, only some tanks get it.

Edited by Viruzzz, Jan 20 2017 - 00:54.

driesp #37 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 01:00

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
Nerfing accuracy even further is a bad idea. It will increase frustration and make more people leave the game.

SpectreHD #38 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 01:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16848 battles
  • [TT] TT
Instead of increasing penetration loss over distance, why don't you all just nerf/rebalance PREMIUM AMMO. Because that is cause of armour being useless in this game.

CrazySOB187 #39 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 03:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17967 battles

Nerfing accuracy

increasing penetration loss over distance to standard rounds only

Thanks WG if you add these changes to the game please change the game to pay to win World of tanks

mrmojo #40 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 03:35

Major

• Players
  • 20408 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

Corridor maps, choke points, inaccurate guns - all so new players and not so good players can get close and brawl and feel "comfortable"

If this ever comes in I'm out of here. I have whole lines of glass TD's.

Go RUSSHA!!

Also tagged with sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users