• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

mrmojo #41 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 20408 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostNK_33, on Jan 20 2017 - 06:54, said:

The point is reduce the game to point-blank range brawling, which is all the adrenaline junkies want.

Which Wargaming wants - brawls are faster, faster games = more $

CrazySOB187 #42 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 03:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17967 battles
Pay to win

Blackhorse_Three_ #43 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 04:43

Captain

• Players
  • 6625 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View Postmrmojo, on Jan 19 2017 - 21:38, said:

Which Wargaming wants - brawls are faster, faster games = more $

Rapidly becoming just another Call of Duty clone, with cartoon tanks   :sceptic:

cloudwalkr #44 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 05:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

It's good to see WG has the right idea on improving the game after all these years.

Spoiler

enjineer #45 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 06:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46164 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
A simple change to premium ammo fixes everything that all these mechanics changes are not fixing.

_Phoque_Kleber_ #46 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 06:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19090 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

I made a thread about my first thoughts on this earlier, but it "magically" disappeared. Quickybaby posted a great in depth video since my post. But i will just leave this here, it is a copy of my original text.

I am regularly dropped into games where the enemy out heavies my team by 2 or 3 to one. Of course we are loaded into city maps when this happens as well.

So the sandbox is going to fix this by making guns even less accurate than they are and improving heavy play by making their armor more effective?

Most heavy tank players that camp (a larger percentage by the day) camp because they do not know how to play, or use  armor. It is not an armor problem, it is a skill problem. The players that can't play and are afraid of everything that moves, play heavies because they think the big strong tank will protect them. They then take the strong tank out and get owned by a skilled player repeatedly, which leads to the constant camping. It is lack of skill and fear that causes camping, not accurate guns. If you want further proof look no further than the average Japanese heavy player. Weak, scared players wanting maximum op armor flocked to this line seeking refuge based on the lines op rep. Type 4 heavies camping base are a daily sight now.

This game has never been for children or people of limited intelligence. Catering to this crowd of spoiled whiners is going to turn the game into mush. WG also plans to "equalize" guns across tanks. Soon all tanks will have the same stats the only difference will be the way the tank appears. Then you can put racing stickers on your tank to make it look different.

Acchh, Vomit.

This change will all but eliminate the lt class and make vision game irrelevant, catering to the lowest common denominator with all of these changes.

You are going the wrong direction WG, very wrong.

Mikosah #47 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 06:39

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

Question 1: Does close-range heavy brawling really need to be emphasized any more than it already is?

Question 2: Who in the hell thought anyone would get more enjoyment from more shots hitting nothing but dirt?

Question 3: If more shots miss, then it takes longer to get kills. Doesn't that mean this change only slows things down?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Answer 1: Hell to the naw. There is no magic in point-blank heavy duels. They're clumsy, ugly, and boring.

Answer 2: Someone with down syndrome, that's who. RNG is NOT an asset, its a liability. Spontaneous missed shots are not fun, neither on the giving nor receiving ends. I don't like knowing that the only reason I might have won a match is because a random dice-roll patronized me. I can win my own battles, thank you very much. RNG can go die in a fire. No matter what happens to the dispersion, snipers are still going to snipe. Getting to shoot at a target 500+ meters away is one of the interesting experiences this game gives us, don't throw that away. And by the way the discrepancy problem was never that the derpy guns are too accurate, rather that the supposedly 'accurate' guns are too derpy. WG got this one completely backwards.

Answer 3: Surprising, isn't it? If WG wanted the pace to be faster, then why do they go to such great lengths to penalize aggression? Haven't they noticed, since accuracy gets much worse when moving, then moving itself becomes a drawback. Likewise because camo also decreases with movement and gunfire, being active in itself presents a dilemma. Because of limited render distances, whoever is closest to enemy guns is the most likely to get focused. Boy aren't I motivated to be up front. And because health and consumables are limited, its just that much harder to justify taking risks. Now if I wanted players to be more active, the last thing I'd do is force them to sit still for longer just to hold out hope of getting of an accurate shot.

TheJerk11 #48 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 07:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7080 battles
be careful these sand box games have virus's it was named another project now it is sand box.

area86 #49 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 09:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 8462 battles
If they want to do pay to win so badly, they should just return to the practice of charging ONLY gold for premium rounds.

Ray_PhotoGoth #50 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 10:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 23428 battles

A while back, Pointy Haired Jedi became frustrated with the game because certain tank would be dumped in a match with little chance of affecting the outcome. Haven't seen much of him lately.

He was a good player. Some of us aren't. To become more ineffective is the solution WG come up with?

All this because some unicum is crying over being shot...

You know what would really make the game better? Not getting the same three maps for two hours straight.

_wikkid #51 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 11:10

Major

• Players
  • 31357 battles

View PostFortis_Maximus, on Jan 19 2017 - 22:26, said:

I made a thread about my first thoughts on this earlier, but it "magically" disappeared. Quickybaby posted a great in depth video since my post. But i will just leave this here, it is a copy of my original text.

I am regularly dropped into games where the enemy out heavies my team by 2 or 3 to one. Of course we are loaded into city maps when this happens as well.

So the sandbox is going to fix this by making guns even less accurate than they are and improving heavy play by making their armor more effective?

Most heavy tank players that camp (a larger percentage by the day) camp because they do not know how to play, or use  armor. It is not an armor problem, it is a skill problem. The players that can't play and are afraid of everything that moves, play heavies because they think the big strong tank will protect them. They then take the strong tank out and get owned by a skilled player repeatedly, which leads to the constant camping. It is lack of skill and fear that causes camping, not accurate guns. If you want further proof look no further than the average Japanese heavy player. Weak, scared players wanting maximum op armor flocked to this line seeking refuge based on the lines op rep. Type 4 heavies camping base are a daily sight now.

This game has never been for children or people of limited intelligence. Catering to this crowd of spoiled whiners is going to turn the game into mush. WG also plans to "equalize" guns across tanks. Soon all tanks will have the same stats the only difference will be the way the tank appears. Then you can put racing stickers on your tank to make it look different.

Acchh, Vomit.

This change will all but eliminate the lt class and make vision game irrelevant, catering to the lowest common denominator with all of these changes.

You are going the wrong direction WG, very wrong.

Agree 100%

UnDeadDemon956 #52 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 11:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29698 battles

Yeah good job wargaming just what this game doesn't need worse rng! The rng is already bad enough it takes all the skill out of aiming shots. Weather or not you hit the target depends entirely upon luck, yet you want to make rng even more inaccurate than it is now?! You will lose a lot of players if you make rng worse, you should be making rng better not worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't get me started on ruining all the tier 10 td's that hit for high alpha damage, that's the entire reason we spent the time to go down that line. Just to have the high alpha damage now your going to take away hundreds of hours worth of work for nothing. Good jooooooooooooob wargaming another nail in the coffin for this game, keep going this way and it will be dead in no time!

Edited by UnDeadDemon956, Jan 20 2017 - 16:55.

YANKEE137 #53 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 15:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 13852 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Unlimited gold ammo is probably a thing that should change. TD's might get more than other classes, LT's probably shouldn't get any at all.  Mediums and heavies would be rationed, a tank with 42 round capacity might get six. People would have to stop spamming it, or they'd run out quickly at least.

Blackhorse_Three_ #54 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 16:08

Captain

• Players
  • 6625 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostYANKEE137, on Jan 20 2017 - 09:41, said:

Unlimited gold ammo is probably a thing that should change. TD's might get more than other classes, LT's probably shouldn't get any at all.  Mediums and heavies would be rationed, a tank with 42 round capacity might get six. People would have to stop spamming it, or they'd run out quickly at least.

Agree - We describe it as a Limited Load-Out.

It has been the subject of many a flame-thread.

YANKEE137 #55 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 16:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 13852 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

It has been the subject of many a flame-thread.

Hetzers gotta Hetz!

alexanderme #56 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 23208 battles
  • [SGGC] SGGC
Bring back neg rep, I miss the days of almost every Community_WG post having thousands of neg votes.

MrFlappyWrists #57 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 22:19

Private

• Players
  • 70030 battles
  • [6PACK] 6PACK

Firstly, I love World of Tanks, love it. I think its a great game that brings hours of fun with just the right amount of low level violence without blood and gore.

I do rage from time to time about noobs and my own stupid play (if their anyone out there that has been on the receiving end, apologies). 

I dont think that there is a huge amount that Wargaming needs to change just this.....

When Tier ten TD's and medium tanks were bought into the game, so did 300mm (approximately) pen guns with standard'ish rounds.

Armour immediately became less effective, to some degree camping increased as many players did not want to be hit by large alpha guns that were hidden on maps that had large areas of forest and bushes.

TD's could fire and not lose their camouflage. World of Tanks introduced the waffle (which was mental) a tank the size of the moon that had great accuracy, and burst damage (it could clip most high tier tanks). This only increased players frustration about how poor armour had become in the game.

Not long after this introduction many maps were changed and TD's had their camo bonus for firing removed. This now meant that TD's had less places to hide on a map and now light tanks had their own roll compromised as their were much flatter maps with less forest and bushes but a great deal more corridors.

Maps such as Sacred Valley were introduced, which on paper are 1000m but when you consider the mountains and the castle in the middle, is little more than a 600m fish bowl.

Wargaming has previously nerfed accuracy to deal with a problem of their own making. They now wish to do so again.

It is Wargaming that has allowed power creep into the game and they continue to make the same mistake with out every considering the cause of that problem. An example of this is introducing new prem tanks (skorp G) that have high accuracy guns and good pen. (I do like this tank even thou I do not have it I don't consider it to be OP).

At the same time they are clearly concerned about those very effects to the game that high accuracy guns bring, hence Sand Box. Its like the right hand isn't talking to the left hand or one of them has been amputated.

As a player i want to play a game (WoT) where I can hit things at range (its tanks, tanks use ranged weapons). If I only wanted to be up close and personal all the time I would play SWTOR. Nerfing accuracy so you miss more is just frustrating and in my opinion encourages the use of HEAT rounds.  

Adding alpha to 120mm guns doesn't do anything for the effectiveness of armour. All that it does is cause more damage when armour has ALREADY been penned. This to me is another knee jerk reaction by Wargaming and is unnecessary. 

In my humble opinion, scale standard rounds back from 300mm, dependent on size and type etc, give us some maps that tactics can be played on. Then classes of tanks such as scouts, will begin to have a role (other than driving around a town). 

Fix match maker so that I am not in a battle with 8 heavy tanks on one side and 12 TD's on the other.

While Wargaming is at it can you please, please rotate the maps so I dont have to play the same four maps for hour after hour. You must have some room on your servers some where for this.

Captain____Chaos #58 Posted Jan 21 2017 - 04:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3409 battles
 I ap[plied , what do they mean by application sent , sent where?

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #59 Posted Jan 21 2017 - 21:25

Captain

• Players
  • 36200 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

After watching QuickyBabys input about these changes, even after taking into consideration that this is all subject to change, these Buff/Nerfs are going into the wrong direction. You know its a bad idea when the forums are going crazy over it. 

Bad Start to 2017 :facepalm:

Luminator #60 Posted Jan 22 2017 - 01:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 8486 battles

Returning to prem ammo available for gold only would probably be a better way to make armor relevant than any of this.

Why would I want my shots going off to the side anymore than they do already? Pen already bleeds enough at a distance, we don't need it to be a primary game mechanic.

Also tagged with sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users