The return of the Newcomers Helpline -- Ask any question you need answered!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

muddybruin #121 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 09:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 13165 battles
  • [_P-B_] _P-B_

View PostBlack_Jack_Davey, on Apr 09 2017 - 01:42, said:

Oh.  Thanx.

Why do some players fire their weapons @ start of battle B4 even an enemy has been spotted?  What's with that?  Has anybody ever been hit by these random acts of violence?

1) The most likely reason is just for fun.  Strictly speaking it's both suboptimal and costs you credits, so i never do it, but.... some people get a kick out of it.

2) They may want to switch the shell type they have loaded, but haven't learned that they can do that by double-tapping 2 or 3.

3) They might have spent the 30-second countdown browsing a website or something, and then clicked back on Tanks and accidentally fired the gun.

I'm sure somebody has been accidentally hit by this, but it's extremely extremely rare for you to get hit if they didn't intend to shoot you.

Black_Jack_Davey #122 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 09:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12097 battles
Oh.  OK, thanx.  It just made me nervous.  I mean, you could put someone's eye out w/ 1 of those things!

TRK213_Turkey #123 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 19:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6395 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBlack_Jack_Davey, on Apr 09 2017 - 02:42, said:

Oh.  Thanx.

Why do some players fire their weapons @ start of battle B4 even an enemy has been spotted?  What's with that?  Has anybody ever been hit by these random acts of violence?

Got hit in the tracks that way once in a tier II battle. :-(

Dhizi #124 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 21:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View PostTRK213_Turkey, on Apr 11 2017 - 13:29, said:

Got hit in the tracks that way once in a tier II battle. :-(

Yup, some folks just discharge their weapons without paying attention just because they feel like it, gotten set on fire by an ally before one time who did it. It's certainly annoying.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #125 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Hello again, Dhizi...:)

As a relatively new player here with a low battle count, I have another question for you:

Spoiler

*Oh, and Happy Easter, everyone!

Iron_Soul_Stealer #126 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 01:01

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 16 2017 - 15:43, said:

Hello again, Dhizi...:)

As a relatively new player here with a low battle count, I have another question for you:

Spoiler

*Oh, and Happy Easter, everyone!

Hey Dhizi...? Are you there..? :amazed: I still have a question for you...

Dhizi #127 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 01:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 23 2017 - 19:01, said:

Hey Dhizi...? Are you there..? :amazed: I still have a question for you...

Incredibly sorry!

These last few weeks have been incredibly hectic for myself and my family..My aunt Jane Sparks passed away so i've been consoling a lot of my family and my mother, and my RCES (Recurrent Corneal erosion syndrome) in my left eye flared up, so I was blind for a week. I had to use my medical savings to get the medication and evaluations for my eye so i've been working overtime for a while and haven't had a lot of time to converse with anyone. Haven't even played tanks that much lately.

But yes! Ask any question, I do apologize again for the laaaaate, late response time.

_Tsavo_ #128 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 04:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47346 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDhizi, on Apr 23 2017 - 19:07, said:

Incredibly sorry!

These last few weeks have been incredibly hectic for myself and my family..My aunt Jane Sparks passed away so i've been consoling a lot of my family and my mother, and my RCES (Recurrent Corneal erosion syndrome) in my left eye flared up, so I was blind for a week. I had to use my medical savings to get the medication and evaluations for my eye so i've been working overtime for a while and haven't had a lot of time to converse with anyone. Haven't even played tanks that much lately.

But yes! Ask any question, I do apologize again for the laaaaate, late response time.

Baby come back, I miss you!

Dhizi #129 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 04:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Apr 23 2017 - 22:18, said:

Baby come back, I miss you!

How's it been, anyways? haven't been on much since the big 9.18 changes.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #130 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 06:18

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Incredibly sorry!

My sincerest condolences for the recent passing of your aunt Jane.

I, too, recently lost a very close loved one I had known for over 45 years... due to cancer. And if I am a bit slow to respond and type my questions, it is because I suffer from RIS {Repetitive Injury Syndrome}, as well as severe Neuropathy from a very serious workplace injury I sustained many years ago. Sadly, with my paralyzing injuries, I can barely feel my hands and fingers.. at the best of times. Oh, and to make matters worse, I also suffer from CSR {Central Serous Retinopathy}. So, as a result, I am almost completely blind in my right eye. However, I can still manage to see through my left eye, with some difficulty...and some very thick optics.

So, no worries.. and no rush, Dhizi.

Once you are settled, and have finished grieving, you can answer my question, below:

Spoiler

Xeraux #131 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 08:15

Major

• Players
  • 25895 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 23 2017 - 21:18, said:

I, too, recently lost a very close loved one I had known for over 45 years... due to cancer. And if I am a bit slow to respond and type my questions, it is because I suffer from RIS and severe Neuropathy {Repetitive Injury Syndrome}, from a very serious workplace injury I sustained many years ago. Sadly, with my paralyzing injuries, I can barely feel my hands and fingers.. at the best of times. 

Once you are settled, and have finished grieving, you can answer my question, below:

Spoiler

You're my hero 

_Tsavo_ #132 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 12:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47346 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDhizi, on Apr 23 2017 - 22:22, said:

How's it been, anyways? haven't been on much since the big 9.18 changes.

I've been e joying the new MM templates, which seem to be especially kind to pref MM tanks now.  I've got within reach of 3 marking the KV-2, T23E3, and Type 59.  I've seen some weird team comps, tho.  Twice one team has had one arty, a few 2-3-10 and 3-3-9 matches, and from a small sample with a tutorial alt account, tier 3 MM is much nicer for low tiers and newbies.

Hope you're holding up well, man.  Look forward to seeing ya back in action!

Iron_Soul_Stealer #133 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 24 2017 - 00:18, said:

I, too, recently lost a very close loved one I had known for over 45 years... due to cancer. And if I am a bit slow to respond and type my questions, it is because I suffer from RIS {Repetitive Injury Syndrome}, as well as severe Neuropathy from a very serious workplace injury I sustained many years ago. Sadly, with my paralyzing injuries, I can barely feel my hands and fingers.. at the best of times. Oh, and to make matters worse, I also suffer from CSR {Central Serous Retinopathy}. So, as a result, I am almost completely blind in my right eye. However, I can still manage to see through my left eye, with some difficulty...and some very thick optics.

Spoiler

Like I said, Dhizi, there's no rush. Whenever you're ready, you can answer my question. It is in the spoiler, above.

Cheers, and I hope your luck in life improves.

Belize_UBstudent #134 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 22:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24784 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
What's the best Way to "grind" credits with this new patch and with the upcoming miropatch (need to buy my 113)

Edited by Belize_UBstudent, Apr 26 2017 - 22:12.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #135 Posted May 01 2017 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

When you're ready, I have another question for you, Dhizi.

~Cheers!

CommanderDarjeeling1980 #136 Posted May 01 2017 - 18:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 56 battles
So question from a Console scrub playing on PC while I wait.

Working up the Soviet Tech Tree to the KV-1 and wondering where to go to from there after building up that crew?

Seen mentioned both the T-150 and up or going to the KV-1S and up. I picked the KV-1 as I remember it being mentioned to be a very Newb-friendly tank.

Edited by CommanderDarjeeling1980, May 01 2017 - 18:44.

Dhizi #137 Posted May 02 2017 - 01:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

Hey everyone.

I will be trying to reconvene this threads purpose very soon -- I've been absent for quite some time with a lot of stuff going on. Between funerals and my finals commencing tomorrow, I should hopefully be back next week! Gotta do my best for my classes tomorrow, so i'll be back soon to answer questions again! I hope everyone can understand the delays due to issues on my end.

Good luck with everyones days and challenges! Iron, Belize, Darjeeling -- I will get to your questions ASAP!

Dhizi #138 Posted May 06 2017 - 17:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 26 2017 - 15:55, said:

Like I said, Dhizi, there's no rush. Whenever you're ready, you can answer my question. It is in the spoiler, above.

Cheers, and I hope your luck in life improves.

I'm back! And I can now answer the question. I'll be leaving soon though -- Mother's birthday today, we've got her a surprise party at a restaurant at 2.

The general consensus a person can reach at this is pretty harsh but realistic -- Whenever there is a skill-based ceiling for analysis of players, there are always going to be a type of 'stat-focused' player-group that tend to be inconsiderate to anyone whom they can deem 'lesser' than them. It's the unfortunate case of competitive-styled games, especially online ones.

There's literally NOTHING wrong at all with being average, but some 'vocal' parts of the higher-skill capacity community are a good deal toxic to anyone who's even minutely worse than them -- it's the general tone around these forums for the most case, but it's hard to change a community in one go.

In my case, I tend to speak to a person without relating the 'stat' portion of their capabilities. I'll speak to them with my best-knowledge of the game and suggest stuff according to what they're doing/what they need to know. But, if they bring up statistics, i'll be honest and forward and explain to them where they may be falling short. Trying to be honest is the best way, even if it's sometimes rude -- though there are MANY people out there who's goal it is, to be simply RUDE, to get their point across. This isn't the best way to handle the situation.

When you have your next question, ask away! Pardon again for the delay.

Dhizi #139 Posted May 06 2017 - 17:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View PostBelize_UBstudent, on Apr 26 2017 - 16:12, said:

What's the best Way to "grind" credits with this new patch and with the upcoming miropatch (need to buy my 113)

Best way to earn credits will always be playing in a T8 premium tank that you enjoy, as they're the most credit-efficient for positive-net earnings.

Otherwise, if you don't have a T8 premium you love playing, your next best bet for credit-equivalency is a T6 or T7 tank you enjoy.

Dhizi #140 Posted May 06 2017 - 17:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View PostCommanderDarjeeling1980, on May 01 2017 - 12:42, said:

So question from a Console scrub playing on PC while I wait.

Working up the Soviet Tech Tree to the KV-1 and wondering where to go to from there after building up that crew?

Seen mentioned both the T-150 and up or going to the KV-1S and up. I picked the KV-1 as I remember it being mentioned to be a very Newb-friendly tank.

Russian heavies and mediums are both very player-friendly tanks -- they have sufficient armor, mobility, or hitpoints to support taking damage if you make errors. I'd certainly say stick to the IS-3 tank line and practice up, and get yourself a russian crew set! They're all excellent for beginner-friendly introductions. And welcome to PC, too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users