Jump to content


The return of the Newcomers Helpline -- Ask any question you need answered!


  • Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

COMOSP4_64_67 #141 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:44

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 10536 battles
  • 1
  • [-THB-] -THB-
  • Member since:
    11-26-2016
A question when ask to platoon at the start of a game or during the game how do you reply, tried several thing (hitting the F5 for one) nothing seems to work. At the end of game it will come up on the lower right hand but that is to late in my book. I'm I over looking something.

Dhizi #142 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:14

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View PostCOMOSP4_64_67, on May 19 2017 - 15:44, said:

A question when ask to platoon at the start of a game or during the game how do you reply, tried several thing (hitting the F5 for one) nothing seems to work. At the end of game it will come up on the lower right hand but that is to late in my book. I'm I over looking something.

 

Good question! Simple answer luckily as well.

 

To respond to an invitation to platoon, on the left-hand side of the screen you will see a + sign glowing gold pop up by the invitation.

 

All you have to do is hold one of your Control keys which will bring your mouse up in-game -- Hover it over the + sign, and press it! Invitation is accepted. This is also used to mark locations in the map by double-clicking the grid square in the map at the bottom-right.



Iron_Soul_Stealer #143 Posted May 25 2017 - 22:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 3148 battles
  • 9,266
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDhizi, on May 06 2017 - 11:54, said:

I'm back! And I can now answer the question. I'll be leaving soon though -- Mother's birthday today, we've got her a surprise party at a restaurant at 2.

 

The general consensus a person can reach at this is pretty harsh but realistic -- Whenever there is a skill-based ceiling for analysis of players, there are always going to be a type of 'stat-focused' player-group that tend to be inconsiderate to anyone whom they can deem 'lesser' than them. It's the unfortunate case of competitive-styled games, especially online ones.

 

There's literally NOTHING wrong at all with being average, but some 'vocal' parts of the higher-skill capacity community are a good deal toxic to anyone who's even minutely worse than them -- it's the general tone around these forums for the most case, but it's hard to change a community in one go.

 

In my case, I tend to speak to a person without relating the 'stat' portion of their capabilities. I'll speak to them with my best-knowledge of the game and suggest stuff according to what they're doing/what they need to know. But, if they bring up statistics, i'll be honest and forward and explain to them where they may be falling short. Trying to be honest is the best way, even if it's sometimes rude -- though there are MANY people out there who's goal it is, to be simply RUDE, to get their point across. This isn't the best way to handle the situation.


 

Well, I'm glad you don't see anything wrong with being an average player, Dhizi. Because whether we all like to admit it, or not, it's our average "Joe" players that are the backbone and solid foundation of this entire game. That being said, it still puzzles me why so many of our higher performing players will continue to stat-bash, insult, berate, and demean our average Joe's, on a daily basis. You'd think that they would understand this unsustainability concept by now, and would actually want to keep "Joe" in the game, rather than driving him out with insults.

 

View PostDhizi, on May 06 2017 - 11:54, said:

 

When you have your next question, ask away! Pardon again for the delay.

No worries, and no rush, Dhizi...:) Here's my other question:

 

*What do you think would happen if every single average "Joe" player out there were to quit playing and permanently uninstall this game all at the same time..? In other words, how long do you think this game would last without our average Joe players..? 

 

 

 



Dhizi #144 Posted May 29 2017 - 22:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on May 25 2017 - 16:59, said:

*What do you think would happen if every single average "Joe" player out there were to quit playing and permanently uninstall this game all at the same time..? In other words, how long do you think this game would last without our average Joe players..?

 

That's a particularly difficult scenario to gauge, but considering that there is a very low amount of higher-end players as far as population goes, I'd imagine that the game would probably lose such a large portion of its playerbase that it would most likely be left in a state to where people couldn't play, honestly. There would be so few people split between multiple servers that few games would be going on at the same time, especially with the different tiers and matchmaking restrictions enforced.

 

I'd imagine if anything, the game would be essentially dead at that point? I'd give the game a handful of months before it'd be considered dead and gone if nothing was done to re-introduce players back into the game.

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #145 Posted Jun 15 2017 - 02:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 3148 battles
  • 9,266
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDhizi, on May 29 2017 - 16:50, said:

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on May 25 2017 - 16:59, said:

*What do you think would happen if every single average "Joe" player out there were to quit playing and permanently uninstall this game all at the same time..? In other words, how long do you think this game would last without our average Joe players..?

 

That's a particularly difficult scenario to gauge, but considering that there is a very low amount of higher-end players as far as population goes, I'd imagine that the game would probably lose such a large portion of its playerbase that it would most likely be left in a state to where people couldn't play, honestly. There would be so few people split between multiple servers that few games would be going on at the same time, especially with the different tiers and matchmaking restrictions enforced.

 

I'd imagine if anything, the game would be essentially dead at that point? I'd give the game a handful of months before it'd be considered dead and gone if nothing was done to re-introduce players back into the game.

 

 

^..Good answer. I agree.

 

*As was stated, if all of our average "Joe" players out there were to quit playing and permanently uninstall, this game wouldn't last very long. Lest we forget that very important consequence....especially the next time we see someone verbally and/or chat-abusing, stat-bashing, berating, and insulting our average Joe players, in-game...and in this forum.

 

 

 

 

 



MDhighground #146 Posted Jul 21 2017 - 23:38

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 18468 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015

My T-150 has the modules in Tech Tree all maxed out, can I put a gun on this tank that is from another tier above?



Sventex #147 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 18:31

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3985 battles
  • 113
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012
Do the Vertical Stabilizer and the Enhanced Gun Laying Drive effects stack?

coleytrolly #148 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 20:47

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2701 battles
  • 28
  • [_TPR_] _TPR_
  • Member since:
    07-01-2017
Is there any way of knowing which tanks are on sale on the 25th july (3 days)?

Dhizi #149 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 22:10

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View PostMDhighground, on Jul 21 2017 - 17:38, said:

My T-150 has the modules in Tech Tree all maxed out, can I put a gun on this tank that is from another tier above?

 

The only guns you can mount on the T-150 are those provided in its research table. If its in its research table, it can be mounted -- Regardless of its tier!

Dhizi #150 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 22:12

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View PostSventex, on Jul 22 2017 - 12:31, said:

Do the Vertical Stabilizer and the Enhanced Gun Laying Drive effects stack?

 

Yes, they do.

 

Since Vertical stabilizer reduces the impact of accuracy loss via movement, this means that less time is needed to reach full accuracy. If you combine this with GLD, you will achieve better accuracy faster.



Dhizi #151 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 22:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View Postcoleytrolly, on Jul 22 2017 - 14:47, said:

Is there any way of knowing which tanks are on sale on the 25th july (3 days)?

 

Unfortunately, there is no reliable way to gather that kind of information.

 

WG has been following a method of posting planned vehicle sales at the start of the month -- So your best bet to find out if any 'marked' sales are going to occur, is by going to the News page and searching through for any noted special deals.



Niftyality #152 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 22:09

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3736 battles
  • 23
  • [DBLBO] DBLBO
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015
How do you stop a Batchat 25 t from yolo clipping you in a tier 8 heavy?

Dhizi #153 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 23:52

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View PostNiftyality, on Jul 23 2017 - 16:09, said:

How do you stop a Batchat 25 t from yolo clipping you in a tier 8 heavy?

 

The best way to avoid that is to stick with an allied tank or two..At least if they attempted to suicide one guy, they will probably leave you barely alive, but they'll be dead.



HisNameWasSethRich #154 Posted Aug 04 2017 - 08:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14160 battles
  • 556
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
How long is a bush deactivated after a tank fires within 15m of it?

Dhizi #155 Posted Aug 04 2017 - 11:51

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View Post9Gag_Warrior, on Aug 04 2017 - 02:52, said:

How long is a bush deactivated after a tank fires within 15m of it?

 

If I remember correctly -- It's the same time as it would take your tank to fall off radar when spotted after firing, 10 seconds. From what i've heard from others as well, the bush only loses its camo value for the player who fired near it -- so even if another allied tanker fires within 15 meters of a bush you're at, so long as you don't fire, you'll remain concealed. This doesn't mean though that you couldn't incur damage from them shooting at the ally that was just spotted, and accidentally hit you along the way, though.

Hoosier827 #156 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 02:50

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 2025 battles
  • 1
  • [7-TH] 7-TH
  • Member since:
    04-19-2017
Hey guys...how do I change the camera view on my tank like u do on the car games?

TankFullOfBourbon #157 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 23891 battles
  • 5,421
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostMatt_Wetklow, on Jan 11 2018 - 02:50, said:

Hey guys...how do I change the camera view on my tank like u do on the car games?

 

Scroll with mouse wheel and you will enter snipe mode. Scroll out and you go back to view from behind the tank. Hitting Ctrl key allows you to toggle.

Edited by TankFullOfBourbon, Jan 11 2018 - 14:46.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #158 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 3148 battles
  • 9,266
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Quick question for you, Dhizi...

 

*Are you, or anyone else out there having problems with private messages/content disappearing in their garage..? My contacts list finally seems to be working better, however, my private messages now have a shelf life about as long as Moscovium, before they vanish into the cyber universe and disappear forever.

 

I'm not even sure if my contacts are even receiving any of my messages, because whenever I try to send a garage message to ask them if they are getting my messages, I get no response. And then, the next time I log in, the content within my message box has disappeared. And I'm not deleting anything, so I guess they aren't getting my messages.

 

Anyone know what is going on here..?

 

 



Midnight_Espresso #159 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 18:30

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1481 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    02-20-2017
Okay, shoelace tying question here...I've only platooned a couple times in game.  When engaging in game voice chat, do you need to press Q each time you want to say something, and do you need to hold the Q key down for your entire transmission or is there a duration it keeps you transmitting voice?  < Only had one chat ingame.  Thanks!

Viperr_ #160 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 21:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9862 battles
  • 550
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostMidnight_Espresso, on Jan 14 2018 - 12:30, said:

Okay, shoelace tying question here...I've only platooned a couple times in game.  When engaging in game voice chat, do you need to press Q each time you want to say something, and do you need to hold the Q key down for your entire transmission or is there a duration it keeps you transmitting voice?  < Only had one chat ingame.  Thanks!

 

Yes, you must hold down Q because it is Push -To -Talk.  I dont know the Duration but id say it ends almost instant.     For more stuff on that go into your Settings -> Sound -> Voice Chat.   There you can Enable/Disable it. Change the Key for Push-to-Talk and Mess with the sounds. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users