The return of the Newcomers Helpline -- Ask any question you need answered!

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Boghie #41 Posted Jan 25 2017 - 07:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5559 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Thanks to both of you.

Things are getting more expensive, my time in each tank is now longer so advice like this is great.

Again, thanks...

Dhizi #42 Posted Jan 25 2017 - 07:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBoghie, on Jan 25 2017 - 01:22, said:

Thanks to both of you.

Things are getting more expensive, my time in each tank is now longer so advice like this is great.

Again, thanks...

Yyyyup, that's how it is in world of tanks. Higher you go, more expensive it gets! Best recommendation I could give you is to find a nice T6-7 premium you like and farm crew and credits on it!

In any case, good luck, and keep doing better each day.

Edited by Dhizi, Jan 25 2017 - 07:26.

Snow_white_1 #43 Posted Jan 25 2017 - 19:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11752 battles

hi! i need your help again...i started the soviet tds line and i have the su-85b (great tank btw)

so, like everyone knows the tank doesnt have a turret. so my problem is when im sitting in an open, if i move the mouse right and left the tank moves too

y have to lock with my lmb. my question is. there is an option to only control the tank left and right with the keys "a" "d"? and if i want to move my camera with the mouse the tank doesnt move?

ty very much

Dhizi #44 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 00:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSnow_white_1, on Jan 25 2017 - 13:39, said:

hi! i need your help again...i started the soviet tds line and i have the su-85b (great tank btw)

so, like everyone knows the tank doesnt have a turret. so my problem is when im sitting in an open, if i move the mouse right and left the tank moves too

y have to lock with my lmb. my question is. there is an option to only control the tank left and right with the keys "a" "d"? and if i want to move my camera with the mouse the tank doesnt move?

ty very much

Oh, this would actually be a suggestion to help you.

DON'T use Hull lock.

What you should instead train yourself to do is this -- If you click-and-hold your right-mouse button, it will lock your gun (and your guns position, or turrets position) in place. So long as you hold the right-mouse button down, the gun will not move and you can look around freely without moving! This is the alternative to hull-lock and a much-better, more-controllable and more memorable method.

So i'd suggest trying it out!

genwizz #45 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 03:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Can anyone tell me what the silver reef around your tank designation is called and means ?

Titaneus_ #46 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 07:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 1009 battles

Back with another question (Thanks for the last tips)

I have 900k+ credits in the bank now because I completed all the HT missions except the 15th, up from the 300k I started the week with! But I am a bit curious, the reload time on the T29 is pretty good, however I think it should be better. Should I mount the rammer upgrade on the T29? Or save it for a later use?

muddybruin #47 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 08:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 13165 battles
  • [_P-B_] _P-B_

View PostTitaneus_, on Jan 26 2017 - 06:37, said:

I have 900k+ credits in the bank now because I completed all the HT missions except the 15th, up from the 300k I started the week with! But I am a bit curious, the reload time on the T29 is pretty good, however I think it should be better. Should I mount the rammer upgrade on the T29? Or save it for a later use?

Every tank Tier 5 or higher that isn't a scout should definitely take a Rammer if it is available for it... for scouts, it's just "probably" instead of "definitely".  10% theoretical DPM increase is so nice.

If you have a spare rammer sitting in your armor, I would mount it right away.

If you don't... well, tough question. Unfortunately it requires the Large version, which costs 500k instead of 200k :(  You can buy it now, or if you have a lot of patience, I guess you could wait it out and hope it goes on sale for 50% off soon.

Whether to wait or not... well, there's no good answer to that question. It's all speculation on our part. I would suggest don't hold your breath for it.  Even when sales were at their peak, equipment sales were not the most frequent, and you could go a few months before getting another one.  I've gotten the impression that recently they've reduced sales (I suppose in some sense they made up for it with rental premium tanks and now with tankrewards instead).  We had a equipment sale semi-recently, a few weeks back.  So, those factors would lead me to wildly speculate... maybe 4 months?

To be clear, this is all wild speculation - nobody but Wargaming knows for sure.

I think you should wait until Feb 3rd to buy the rammer though.  There should be a February overview posted on the worldoftanks.com website soon.  You can look it over and see if there are hints about equipment sales. (To be fair, the initial overview is often pretty vague, and then fill in details as time goes on)

Buy it on a Friday. The sales will usually be from Friday to Sunday. They will make announcements for it on the worldoftanks.com website on Thursday or Friday.  The worst day to buy it on a Wednesday, and then Thursday night, you find out that they have equipment sales on Friday...

Dhizi #48 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 14:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postgenwizz, on Jan 25 2017 - 21:40, said:

Can anyone tell me what the silver reef around your tank designation is called and means ?

Could you provide us an image to clarify better? It could mean multiple things from what i'm thinking.

Dhizi #49 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 14:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTitaneus_, on Jan 26 2017 - 01:37, said:

Well, this-weekends deals are crew re-training, so there won't be any gear discounts unfortunately..A Large gun-rammer costs about 500k, and is always a worthwhile investment on to a heavy tank. In any case, a gun rammer is ALWAYS worthwhile on a tank and always suggested if your guns good. And in the T29's case, it's got a great gun.

The best equipment for tanks will almost always be..

Gun Rammer

Vents

Vertical Stabilizer (which makes you technically lose a good 20% of aim-time so that's a huge help) or Coated optics (This one is the varying factor -- If your tank has great view range, coated optics can put you at the 445 max, and if you go over, you can lower an enemy tanks camo value by a % value!)

IF you have gold, you can un-mount this premium equipment for 10 gold and transfer it to another tank whenever you want. Otherwise, if you want to get any money back, you have to sell the tank along with its equipment to get the credit value of each equipment back (unless it's a tool box, binoculars, or Camo net, which can be mounted/unmounted for free).

Dhizi #50 Posted Jan 28 2017 - 13:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want! I am now available for the day again.

Dhizi #51 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 23:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
We are currently up and available to answer any questions you all might have. Feel free to ask anything you'd like!

Cheesehead1964 #52 Posted Feb 01 2017 - 18:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7299 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Relatively new to the game.

I've been grinding toward a KV-I and T-34.

Been also thinking of getting the Pz Ic and Luchs and trying scouting.

I know it's game style preference, but what are your opinions of these styles/machines for new player?

Also what is the best money generating grinder, the T26 or T46 (both elite)? And what do you think of the T28 and T50 (recently acquired)?

goodyear61 #53 Posted Feb 01 2017 - 19:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 14 battles
hi im just starting, how do i start the game after the tutorial?

Dhizi #54 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 08:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostCheesehead1964, on Feb 01 2017 - 12:28, said:

Relatively new to the game.

I've been grinding toward a KV-I and T-34.

Been also thinking of getting the Pz Ic and Luchs and trying scouting.

I know it's game style preference, but what are your opinions of these styles/machines for new player?

Also what is the best money generating grinder, the T26 or T46 (both elite)? And what do you think of the T28 and T50 (recently acquired)?

Welcome to the game, in that case.

I do definitely suggest for players who are entering the game to give a test to all fields of play. Scouting, mediums, heavy tanks..You'll find quite a lot of enjoyment, and frustration, scouting. It's a matter of how well can you time your movements and position, how accurate you can be with hitting weakpoints with your gun (mainly tracks to disable enemy tanks), and how well you can manage being the lowest tier tank on your team 100% of the time.

As far as it goes for money generating, you won't really find much variety at such low tiers. credit efficiency pops up really around tiers 6-8, you won't find much semblance of money making earlier on unless you have a premium vehicle, sadly.

Dhizi #55 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 08:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postgoodyear61, on Feb 01 2017 - 13:54, said:

hi im just starting, how do i start the game after the tutorial?

After you've completed the tutorial, you simply..

Go to your garage

Click on one of the tanks in the bottom carousel, allow it to load up

then at the top-center of the screen, you click 'battle'.

you'll then be pushed into the queue and added to a match when it finds one.

Dhizi #56 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 05:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
We're still up and always available to answer questions. Ask away if you have one, folks.

wizzard54 #57 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 16:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 25368 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

Well I finally did it, I shot at one of my comrades by mistake and now I'm blue, how long dose that last, am embareased to play now?

wizzard54 #58 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 16:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 25368 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
Got enother question, what is gold ammo?

Rin_ #59 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 16:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 17710 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO

View Postwizzard54, on Feb 16 2017 - 16:43, said:

Got enother question, what is gold ammo?

It's the second ammo choice.

Typically APCR (black) or HEAT (yellow.) It offers higher penetration than normal AP at an exceptionally higher cost.

APCR has less normalisation but greater velocity and base penetration values. HEAT doesn't lose penetration over distance but also cannot overmatch, normalise, and is almost entirely prevented by spaced armor. To top it all off most HEAT rounds are lower velocity than AP.

Dhizi #60 Posted Feb 16 2017 - 23:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postwizzard54, on Feb 16 2017 - 10:38, said:

Well I finally did it, I shot at one of my comrades by mistake and now I'm blue, how long dose that last, am embareased to play now?

Being marked as blue means that you have a locally or globally high team-damage ratio.

it will last as long as it takes to get it to go underneath said ratio, so the typical tanker can get unmarked under a day if they keep playing and don't do ANY more team damage.

You need to be incredibly careful NOT to shoot allies. You being marked blue means that you do this consistently enough for the in-game system to track it and mark you as a team-damage heavy player.

Edited by Dhizi, Feb 16 2017 - 23:37.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users