A newbie question about Personal Reserves...

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #1 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

Anyone out there have any advice on using personal reserves..? ...and how to get the most out of them..?

I have a small stash that I've accumulated over the last few weeks, but I haven't activated any of them yet, so I don't really know what to expect. I understand there is a time limit once activated, however, once the clock starts ticking, I don't know where and when I should be using them so I can get the most out of the bonus. Once activated, does this bonus apply to any and all tanks/crews I play during activation..? Or, do I have to select and play only one tank/crew at a time..? Should I activate and then only play 1 tank I'm grinding, repeatedly...over and over again, even after I get my x2 for the day..? Or, just try to play ALL my tanks for the x2's +PR bonus..?

*I am currently grinding two tier 6 Russians {1 med, and 1 heavy}. They are both fairly new, so I want to get them out of stock as quickly as possible. And as a side note here, my crews are terrible. Almost none of them are even remotely close to 100% yet....and I have virtually no skills or perks for any of the tanks I play. I am also running a premium account, and I have a few prem tanks. Like I said, I just want a heads up on the best way to utilize this bonus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Iron Soul Stealer

SheWasOnlyXVII #2 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45 battles

There is no "best" way to utilize personal reserves. Just use the 200% ones on higher tiers and 100% for lower tiers. And obviously use credit personal reserves ONLY when you play premium vehicles.

By the way, personal reserves don't work in Strongholds/Team battles and if a reserve has a minute left but you join a match in that last minute then the reserve still works. Just some tips

I mean use them as you wish. Just make sure you get the full time value out of them. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #3 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostSheWasOnlyXVII, on Jan 23 2017 - 14:17, said:

There is no "best" way to utilize personal reserves. Just use the 200% ones on higher tiers and 100% for lower tiers. And obviously use credit personal reserves ONLY when you play premium vehicles.

By the way, personal reserves don't work in Strongholds/Team battles and if a reserve has a minute left but you join a match in that last minute then the reserve still works. Just some tips

I mean use them as you wish. Just make sure you get the full time value out of them. 

^..Thanks for that. That helps.

So, it might be best for me to activate, and then play my Russian heavy first to grind a bit, just to get my x2, and then quickly pull the crew out and drop them into my Churchill III...and just keep playing the crap out of it...again and again, just to get the most out of the crew bonus...right..? Because like I said, my crews really suck. And I know crew skills make a huge difference in this game.

Thanks again.

~Cheers!

SheWasOnlyXVII #4 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 23 2017 - 20:24, said:

^..Thanks for that. That helps.

So, it might be best for me to activate, and then play my Russian heavy first to grind a bit, just to get my x2, and then quickly pull the crew out and drop them into my Churchill III...and just keep playing the crap out of it...again and again, just to get the most out of the crew bonus...right..? Because like I said, my crews really suck. And I know crew skills make a huge difference in this game.

Thanks again.

~Cheers!

Thats a tedious way but is probably the best option, I'm just personally to lazy to remove and place crew over and over :P

Edited by SheWasOnlyXVII, Jan 23 2017 - 20:29.

Prosqtor #5 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:33

Captain

• Players
  • 53773 battles

Activate crew training and only run crews you need to train, in whatever tank.

Activate XP bonuses to grind tanks.

Activate credits and run high tier premium tanks for the best net.  The Scorpion G is sensational for this job.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #6 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostSheWasOnlyXVII, on Jan 23 2017 - 14:28, said:

Thats a tedious way but is probably the best option, I'm just personally to lazy to remove and place crew over and over :P

Thanks, I will probably be trying that first...and see how it goes.

And then maybe for my next PR I will mix it up a bit. But I will just keep punching away 'til I get the hang of it. 

Thanks again for the tips. It is appreciated.

ObrumPL #7 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13599 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 23 2017 - 12:13, said:

Anyone out there have any advice on using personal reserves..? ...and how to get the most out of them..?

I have a small stash that I've accumulated over the last few weeks, but I haven't activated any of them yet, so I don't really know what to expect. I understand there is a time limit once activated, however, once the clock starts ticking, I don't know where and when I should be using them so I can get the most out of the bonus. Once activated, does this bonus apply to any and all tanks/crews I play during activation..? Or, do I have to select and play only one tank/crew at a time..? Should I activate and then only play 1 tank I'm grinding, repeatedly...over and over again, even after I get my x2 for the day..? Or, just try to play ALL my tanks for the x2's +PR bonus..?

*I am currently grinding two tier 6 Russians {1 med, and 1 heavy}. They are both fairly new, so I want to get them out of stock as quickly as possible. And as a side note here, my crews are terrible. Almost none of them are even remotely close to 100% yet....and I have virtually no skills or perks for any of the tanks I play. I am also running a premium account, and I have a few prem tanks. Like I said, I just want a heads up on the best way to utilize this bonus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Iron Soul Stealer

Not sure if you know this but never use more than one reserve of one kind, if you use 2 of the same kind you will earn a credit only for the one anyway and it will be for the lower value one.

stalkervision #8 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 51156 battles
Op has the best question I have seen in a long time.:great:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #9 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostProsqtor, on Jan 23 2017 - 14:33, said:

Activate crew training and only run crews you need to train, in whatever tank.

Activate XP bonuses to grind tanks.

Activate credits and run high tier premium tanks for the best net.  The Scorpion G is sensational for this job.

That makes sense. Which PR is for the credit boost..? :amazed: I don't think I have that one..?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #10 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View Poststalkervision, on Jan 23 2017 - 14:38, said:

Op has the best question I have seen in a long time.:great:

Thanks, Dude...:rolleyes: I'm just trying to be an asset to my team, rather than a detriment. I've been trying lately...

True story.

View PostObrumPL, on Jan 23 2017 - 14:35, said:

Not sure if you know this but never use more than one reserve of one kind, if you use 2 of the same kind you will earn a credit only for the one anyway and it will be for the lower value one.

Oh!... Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure not to do that...:ohmy:

nac2011 #11 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16090 battles

I'm not aware of a best way to run PR's but I will say it is useful to know what you want to do before you activate them. If you're using the xp PR's for grinding find a set of 2 or 3 tanks you want to grind, and just play those tanks. Everytime you die in battle exit out and jump into the next tank in the set, and just switch off like that for however long the PR lasts. 

It could be worth it to just play tanks for their x2 and switch every time you get one, however doing this is only really worth it if you have a bunch of tanks you're almost finished grinding. If you're grinding stuff up from stock, try to play those exclusively until you're at a place where you're comfortable spending the PR's on something else. 

For crews, if the tank they're in is a prem, or elited, if you have accelerated crew training activated you can use both crew xp and tank xp PR's to train your crews. With PR stacking you get something in the ball park of, I'm gonna say, 400-500%, and thats without counting in the tank's x2/3/5 or any crew xp events, prem time, or prem tanks. This is how I got a 2 1/2 skill crew on my M 41 90 in less than 60 games. 10/10 would recommend if you need good crews. 

SheWasOnlyXVII #12 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 23 2017 - 20:39, said:

That makes sense. Which PR is for the credit boost..? :amazed: I don't think I have that one..?

You probably don't have any then which isn't surprising since Wargaming doesn't like to give them out as easily. In short it gives a +50% or +100% bonus to whatever credits you made in a game. 

Edited by SheWasOnlyXVII, Jan 23 2017 - 20:46.

Meshuggah1 #13 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23707 battles
The best way to grind crews imo is to wait until there is a 2x crew weekend, like this past weekend, then launch your crew training personal reserves on top. They stack. Then, on top of that you can even launch a regular xp booster reserve(with "accelerated crew" checked. i.e in your Churchill) and that xp will also go to your crew. So it's like a crew training triple stack essentially. 

SheWasOnlyXVII #14 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45 battles

View PostMeshuggah1, on Jan 23 2017 - 20:47, said:

The best way to grind crews imo is to wait until there is a 2x crew weekend, like this past weekend, then launch your crew training personal reserves on top. They stack. Then, on top of that you can even launch a regular xp booster reserve(with "accelerated crew" checked. i.e in your Churchill) and that xp will also go to your crew. So it's like a crew training triple stack essentially. 

Reserves don't count other bonuses. It only gives a bonus to the raw experience/credits made

Im pretty sure I'm correct, maybe not.

mereelskirata #15 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 47808 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostSheWasOnlyXVII, on Jan 23 2017 - 11:17, said:

Actually they do work in Team Battles (but not in strongholds).

stalkervision #16 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 51156 battles
for me personal reserves have been a lot like homeopathic medicine. Some people apprently get some benefits but I have used a boatful and still ain't getting better. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #17 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View Postnac2011, on Jan 23 2017 - 14:44, said:

I'm not aware of a best way to run PR's but I will say it is useful to know what you want to do before you activate them. If you're using the xp PR's for grinding find a set of 2 or 3 tanks you want to grind, and just play those tanks. Everytime you die in battle exit out and jump into the next tank in the set, and just switch off like that for however long the PR lasts. 

It could be worth it to just play tanks for their x2 and switch every time you get one, however doing this is only really worth it if you have a bunch of tanks you're almost finished grinding. If you're grinding stuff up from stock, try to play those exclusively until you're at a place where you're comfortable spending the PR's on something else. 

For crews, if the tank they're in is a prem, or elited, if you have accelerated crew training activated you can use both crew xp and tank xp PR's to train your crews. With PR stacking you get something in the ball park of, I'm gonna say, 400-500%, and thats without counting in the tank's x2/3/5 or any crew xp events, prem time, or prem tanks. This is how I got a 2 1/2 skill crew on my M 41 90 in less than 60 games. 10/10 would recommend if you need good crews. 

Dude, that is an excellent idea! I never thought of that.

Because after I get knocked out of battle {which usually doesn't take very long}, I like to linger and hang out in spectator mode, just to see how it all ends. However, in the case of personal reserve activation, and with the clock ticking, I certainly WON'T be doing that. That would be a waste of PR bonus.

Outstanding advice.

~Cheers!

da_Rock002 #18 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 21:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5264 battles

When you open the window to activate reserves, mine won't let me activate more than one of each type. 

Those 3 types are Additional Experience,  Additional Crew Experience, and Additional Free Experience.   I can select one of each, which I assume gets you as much as possible out of the next hour or two when you have 3 running.  

I've never messed with the "EARN" or "PURCHASE" tabs, but have looked into them.  The EARN one seems to be another way to open Missions.  The PURCHASE seems yet another way WG came up with to get some of your gold.    Don't see real value in either tab. 

I've also looked through the after battle reports to see where WG awards the experience and it's beyond me where it shows.   Can anyone tell me where to look? how to see how much we "profited" having those reserves activated? 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #19 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostMeshuggah1, on Jan 23 2017 - 14:47, said:

Nice! Triple stacking the crew bonuses. I like that. I will also be trying that tip. Thanks again.

~Cheers!

Meshuggah1 #20 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 22:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23707 battles

View PostSheWasOnlyXVII, on Jan 23 2017 - 20:52, said:

Reserves don't count other bonuses. It only gives a bonus to the raw experience/credits made

Im pretty sure I'm correct, maybe not.

Right. It's not baseXP x2 x2 x2.

It would be baseXP x2(weekend bonus) + baseXP x2(assuming 200% crew personal reserve) + another 1/2 baseXP(assuming 100% xp personal reserve w/ accelerated crew checked)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users