A newbie question about Personal Reserves...

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #101 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 06:52

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Post__Hawkeye_, on Feb 05 2018 - 11:53, said:

I don' have the stats or the ability to say either way, it just seems to me, when I put on the reserves it's harder to get a gg. But I'm not a good player from all the standards. I don't even run xvm or any mods so I believe it's called vanilla. 

But I would like to be able to sell the hundreds of personal reserves like I was able to sell all the flags and icons which I wouldn't put on my tanks. 

^..Again, I've heard this same thing quite a few times before, by players in this forum. Does it really seem that activating a PR suddenly "switches" you to auto-fail teams, or screws with your RNG, or such..? And why would you think that..? I'm not judging, I'm just curious. Let me know what really happens to your matches when you 'switch on' a PR.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #102 Posted Feb 19 2018 - 05:33

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Dear Wargaming,

*I just learned that you folks are getting rid of one of my favourite maps: Stalingrad.....:(

Nooooooooo....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously wish you'd reconsider.

Lachezar_Stamenov #103 Posted May 30 2018 - 12:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Can I use 2 personal Reserves for Crew Exp at the same time ?

Sorry if the question is silly but this wil accelerate crew exp dramatically

Thanks

dunniteowl #104 Posted May 30 2018 - 14:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

No.  You cannot use two reserves of the same type, even if they are of different durations capacity (%).  If you are running a 50% Combat/tank XP, you can add to it: Credits booster, Crew booster.

You can't run two of the same type at the same time.  I have run a 2 hour Credits, 1 Hour Combat and 2 Hour Crew reserves and that piles up quite nicely.

FL, HF & HSYBF!

GeorgePreddy #105 Posted May 30 2018 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 16 2018 - 02:52, said:

^..Again, I've heard this same thing quite a few times before, by players in this forum. Does it really seem that activating a PR suddenly "switches" you to auto-fail teams, or screws with your RNG, or such..? And why would you think that..? I'm not judging, I'm just curious. Let me know what really happens to your matches when you 'switch on' a PR.

NO... this is pure tin-foil hat conspiracy baloney. I use PRs constantly, I never do a single pub battle without 3 of them running. My stats are not suffering for it.

The wrong belief that PRs cause "problems" is rooted in Negativity Bias.

Lachezar_Stamenov #106 Posted May 30 2018 - 14:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on May 30 2018 - 14:07, said:

No.  You cannot use two reserves of the same type, even if they are of different durations capacity (%).  If you are running a 50% Combat/tank XP, you can add to it: Credits booster, Crew booster.

You can't run two of the same type at the same time.  I have run a 2 hour Credits, 1 Hour Combat and 2 Hour Crew reserves and that piles up quite nicely.

FL, HF & HSYBF!

Therefore a good approach is to use Prem tank + Prem Account + Crew Exp Reserve + Exp Reserver + Daily Double Bonus to get the fastest crew experience

Am I correct or if there is anything better please let me know.

Training crew is vital to me 'cause I never play a new tank if not at least 100% crew

Thanks in advance

dunniteowl #107 Posted May 31 2018 - 01:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles
That's about as good as it gets, Lachezar.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #108 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Post__Hawkeye_, on Jan 22 2018 - 14:48, said:

I would like to be able to sell the PR's like the flags. I personally think you end up in the unbalanced MM's when the reserves are on. 

View Post__Hawkeye_, on Feb 05 2018 - 11:53, said:

I don' have the stats or the ability to say either way, it just seems to me, when I put on the reserves it's harder to get a gg. But I'm not a good player from all the standards. I don't even run xvm or any mods so I believe it's called vanilla. 

But I would like to be able to sell the hundreds of personal reserves like I was able to sell all the flags and icons which I wouldn't put on my tanks. 

As I stated earlier, I've heard this same thing quite a few times before, by other players in this forum.

*Personally, I always activate at least 2 or 3 PR's whenever I play. And I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary when I activate my personal reserves.

Again, does it really seem that activating a PR suddenly "switches" you to auto-fail teams, or screws with your RNG, or such..? And why would you think that..? I'm not judging, I'm just curious. Let me know what really happens to your matches when you 'switch on' a PR. Maybe post some before and after screenshots.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #109 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 06:22

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostLachezar_Stamenov, on May 30 2018 - 06:52, said:

Can I use 2 personal Reserves for Crew Exp at the same time ?

Sorry if the question is silly but this wil accelerate crew exp dramatically

Thanks

Dude, there are no silly questions in my thread...:rolleyes:

Ask away, and have fun in battle. ~Cheers!

Iron_Soul_Stealer #110 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 01:53

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostThe_Scythian, on Jan 19 2018 - 22:52, said:

​I can confirm this.  There are at least three different four-hour boosters, a +100% experience one, a +50% crew experience one, and a +50% free experience per battle one.  I don't know when they were given out, but I have some of each of those.

Also, you have a great forum profile picture!

Thanks again, Dude...:rolleyes:

Enjoy your holidays, and have a Merry Christmas!

View PostLachezar_Stamenov, on May 30 2018 - 08:47, said:

Therefore a good approach is to use Prem tank + Prem Account + Crew Exp Reserve + Exp Reserver + Daily Double Bonus to get the fastest crew experience

Am I correct or if there is anything better please let me know.

Training crew is vital to me 'cause I never play a new tank if not at least 100% crew

Thanks in advance

Hey Dude, the following post {below} was originally on another thread, but I moved it here because I think it's great advice, and it fits in perfectly with what we are discussing here regarding the benefits of using your PR boosters in combination with other features in the game to maximize your crew skills.

Spoiler

*Yep, Crew Skills are probably one of the most important things to improve in this game. Without a decent crew you're just a sitting duck. Especially if you have to play against those die hard gamers with 50k battles or more.

TheManFromKekistan #111 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 02:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 14 2018 - 19:53, said:

*Yep, Crew Skills are probably one of the most important things to improve in this game. Without a decent crew you're just a sitting duck. Especially if you have to play against those die hard gamers with 50k battles or more.

Well to be fair the only two skills that are more or less mandatory are sixth and camo if you want to compete vs tanks with multiskill crews. All the rest are useful but are incremental compared to those two. Sixth will save your booty from getting reamed by invisitanks and camo will keep you from getting spotted due to its almost doubling of base camo value. Skills for view range and gun handling etc are nice but are already covered by equipment which have much larger bonuses.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #112 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 03:15

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 14 2018 - 20:00, said:

Well to be fair the only two skills that are more or less mandatory are sixth and camo if you want to compete vs tanks with multiskill crews. All the rest are useful but are incremental compared to those two. Sixth will save your booty from getting reamed by invisitanks and camo will keep you from getting spotted due to its almost doubling of base camo value. Skills for view range and gun handling etc are nice but are already covered by equipment which have much larger bonuses.

Just a side note question here...

What does "kek" mean..?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/403832-a-work-in-progress/page__st__20__pid__8762614#entry8762614

Someone posted that on my clan thread a while back, and I never got an explanation.  Maybe you can enlighten me...? Yes, I tried google, but all I got was even more confused. 

TheManFromKekistan #113 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 03:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 15 2018 - 21:15, said:

Just a side note question here...

What does "kek" mean..?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/403832-a-work-in-progress/page__st__20__pid__8762614#entry8762614

Someone posted that on my clan thread a while back, and I never got an explanation.  Maybe you can enlighten me...? Yes, I tried google, but all I got was even more confused. 

Kek is lol in warcraft peon orc language. It was adopted by the early anti big meany face movements starting in the uk back in the early 2010's in the form of pepe the frog and the land of free kekistan wherein the noble pepe lives without the brutal yoke of unelected bureaucracies along with his kekistani brothers and sisters. It has since spread around the world and anyone may become a citizen. Shadilay!

Iron_Soul_Stealer #114 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 03:40

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 15 2018 - 21:26, said:

Kek is lol in warcraft peon orc language. It was adopted by the early anti big meany face movements starting in the uk back in the early 2010's in the form of pepe the frog and the land of free kekistan wherein the noble pepe lives without the brutal yoke of unelected bureaucracies along with his kekistani brothers and sisters. It has since spread around the world and anyone may become a citizen. Shadilay!

^..Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

*One more quick question....

If you were "offline", how did you respond so quickly to my question..? ...:amazed: {I checked your profile thingy}. Do you get notifications sent to your cell phone every time someone responds to one of your forum posts..? Just curious. I've heard we now have that kind of forum technology here.

TheManFromKekistan #115 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 03:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 15 2018 - 21:40, said:

^..Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

*One more quick question....

If you were "offline", how did you respond so quickly to my question..? ...:amazed: 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #116 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 03:45

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 15 2018 - 21:44, said:

Again, just curious here, but do you get notifications sent to your cell phone every time someone responds to one of your forum posts..? I've heard we now have that kind of forum technology here. I think it's in the settings.

TheManFromKekistan #117 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 03:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 15 2018 - 21:45, said:

Again, just curious here, but do you get notifications sent to your cell phone every time someone responds to one of your forum posts..? I've heard we now have that kind of forum technology here.

No cell notifications as I don't use smart phones just old fashioned dumb phones with alpha numeric display. They still make them. As to the forum technobabble peruse your settings. :bush:

dunniteowl #118 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 17:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

@ TheManFromKekistan

ROFL all the way around!  Kek!

OvO

Iron_Soul_Stealer #119 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 01:16

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 15 2018 - 21:47, said:

No cell notifications as I don't use smart phones just old fashioned dumb phones with alpha numeric display. They still make them. As to the forum technobabble peruse your settings. :bush:

One more quick question...

*How do you know so much about this game if you only have 28 battles..? 

TheManFromKekistan #120 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 07:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 19 2018 - 19:16, said:

One more quick question...

*How do you know so much about this game if you only have 28 battles..? 

There are four server regions and you may have accounts on all of them. Also some of the competitive clans dissuade active forum participation so some have forum accounts in addition to their organized play accounts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users